• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I have. But none of it for me. I made a Sableye, Bold with Prankster. I made a Charmander, Adamant with Dragon Dance, and a Lileep, Calm with Storm Drain. I made all those for friends.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So after watching the new episode of the anime, I cleave came up with a question.

Would you like to change the current egg design for the game? Or would you like it to be the same as it is now? Why or why not? (examples: togepi having its shell design on its egg, Elekid having its own design, starters having their own, Ect. Ect.)

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Not bred recently been a bit too busy.

It'd be nice to have eggs have their own designs even if it were done only by egg group but individual species would be great.

Years
    I'd like to join :)

Name: JadeAutumn
    Partner Pokemon: Poliwag (6iv's) and Ralts (4iv's)
    Answer the current topic.
    I would love a load of egg designs, but when i traded a random person, his egg for mine. I had no idea what would be in the egg I got, and it was exciting to find out. If we got diffrent egg patterns for each evolution line then that excitement of a mysterious egg would be gone. So even though having diffrent eggs would be so beautiful and would help with organising, you would lose out on the mystery and excitement of random eggs.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Not bred recently been a bit too busy.

It'd be nice to have eggs have their own designs even if it were done only by egg group but individual species would be great.

I'd like to join :)

Name: JadeAutumn
    Partner Pokemon: Poliwag (6iv's) and Ralts (4iv's)
    Answer the current topic.
    I would love a load of egg designs, but when i traded a random person, his egg for mine. I had no idea what would be in the egg I got, and it was exciting to find out. If we got diffrent egg patterns for each evolution line then that excitement of a mysterious egg would be gone. So even though having diffrent eggs would be so beautiful and would help with organising, you would lose out on the mystery and excitement of random eggs.

Interesting concept from both of you, and I actually agree with both of you. You both give valid points.
    As for me, I would like egg groups like monster, water 1, water 2, dragon, Ect. To have their own unique design. If it's dueled egg grouped then having a combination of the two egg groups for the egg I'm sure could work perfectly.

Also, welcome JadeAutumn! Glad to see you hear and please make your self at home here!

Years
    It would be lovely if the eggs reflected there group. Like a Fairy egg would be all pink and sparkly. ^-^ Although a egg just for poliwags with there little swirl on the shell would be so so cute.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Not done much breeding (a few of my gen 6 conversions) but been busy with other stuff and will be for a little while. Any fun breeding projects going on?

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'm breeding different stuff over the vast couple weeks. Nothing to interest in though

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I've decided to start breeding for spinarak in AS. Hoping that I can get a shiny not too far into breeding with decent IV's

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Nice, feels good when you've finished the national dex and have a living dex to keep.

I'm going to start organising breeding for my team to play through in the next game (Z or whatever it will be called), will need a decent team with a good spread of abilities and HM capable mons to play from start to finish.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I don't want Z version to come next. But I DID complete the national dex and right after I found something that I have been trying to get for a while. x3
    https://i.imgur.com/vvDjlxl.jpg

AND IT WAS SHINY! XD Thank you Shiny Charm

Congrats on those accomplishments! It's always good breeding exactly what you're breeding for (plus some).

personally I don't care what the next games are, I'm gunna transfer over my shiny noibat and (soon to be redeemed with protean, 1st was torrent) shiny Froakie over to the new games

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I dont mind X2/Y2/Z whatever they call it as long as they include the character customisation and skating but with the pokenav+ style interface. Will just transfer over all my pokemon via bank anyway.

Grats on the find Charcoal, yes I got a shiny Torrent froakie first too its a pain isnt it! Lucky for me it was only 1 or 2 egg batches later I got my Protean shiny.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Well just bred a nice 6IV female prankster Sableye for my starter team so that's a good start (and a replacement for my main Sabeleye), next up is a good Charmander as I only have a 6IV Jolly lvl 1 Charmander and physical charmander is pretty rubbish unless he has mega X ability.

Already from my old breeding projects I have

5IV HA Squirtle (Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse)
    5IV HA Bulbasaur (Giga Drain)
    6IV HA Helioptile
    5IV HA Ralts

I like having Squirtle for a good water HA slave but he can do without Surf as Helioptile can learn that, Bulbasaur is good with sleep powder for catching any new pokemon they put in and ralts is a nice pyschic fairy type to round out some coverage for different gyms.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Today the 6IV luck is still with me, got a 6IV Male Timid Charmander on the first batch of eggs. Going to do a few more batches though as would still like to get a decent Shiny Charmander, my only one (excluding my 2 event ones) is my bad luck Jolly with crap Atk stat.

Then it's on to Super training them so they are all EV trained.

I think I've pretty much given up on trying to make all my Pokedex Gen 6 5/6IV its just too boring. Much more fun to just randomly pick a pokemon to breed to play.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Was just thinking today whilst cycling round and round for my Charmanders, would you like to be able to breed Legendaries? Exactly the same deal as normal pokemon but 0 shiny chance (keep SR'ed shiny legends rare).

For me legendaries just aren't anything big anymore, I'm more interested in breeding my own normal pokemon and making them my own. I have some legends I love but don't use as they aren't good stats or natures and are restricted from stuff like maison anyway.

An alternative would be to introduce a Phione style 'lesser' legendary based off the original with none of the lockouts.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Was just thinking today whilst cycling round and round for my Charmanders, would you like to be able to breed Legendaries? Exactly the same deal as normal pokemon but 0 shiny chance (keep SR'ed shiny legends rare).

Breedable legendaries, huh? That would definitely be cool, especially if they have a phione effect (but can evolve into said legendary later on). Some of you might be saying 'there's too many legendaries, we don't need more/don't need babies or breedable legendaries' but I think it is a cool concept to atleast consider. Maybe they could need a certain held item to breed. Now going to the extent of 0% shiny chance, I can see where it's coming from, but if they were gunna be breedable, there should still be a % on them being shiny. Maybe make it rarer to encounter, but still possible.

Years
    I personally have to disagree on the breedable legendary thing. If we had legendaries like Landorus or Heatran with even more options than usual then things would be MUCH more annoying. xc

Speaking of Phione, I did actually breed one recently. xD

Back