• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding? And Pikachu Moveset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Yo. I'd like to say I'm an expert breeder because once I've completed a Pokemon storyline that's all I really do. Am I the only breeder? What else do you like to breed? Is Ditto really the key? When I played LeafGreen I had a particular interest in random breeding (i.e. breeding Camerupt with a Donphan) and was a master Pichu breeder (no particular reason I just liked Pikachu).
    Speaking of which what do you think the best Pikachu/Raichu moveset is? I have a Pikachu and a Raichu which have the following moves:

-Surf
    -Thunder
    -Rain Dance
    -Brick Break

Is this good? Should I replace Thunder with Volt Tackle (what they originally had) and replace Rain Dance? Thanks guys.

Years
    Volt Tackle is a really good attack. But using rain Dance powers up Water moves. This is a hard choice

harig07

Years
    Yeah but Volt Tackle also recoils and Pikachu isn't exactly a mini-Blissey. Rain Dance also, as you said, supports Surf, which is a really good thing for it to have (when I'm playing online and they send a Hippodown or something on my Raichu, I just Surf them and they're like, WTF!!! YOUR RAICHU KNOWS SURF!!). However, Volt Tackle only takes up one move slot, while the Thunder Rain Dance combo takes two. If I was to use Volt Tackle, what would I put in my fourth slot? Guess that would depend on Pikachu or Raichu (Agility or something else).

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Well first this is in the wrong forum, should be in strategies and movesets. But I will indulge you. The move set you posted at the top is fine except for Brick Break. The other two are special attacks so you could make a good special attacker out of it, though you could go Thunderbolt over Thunder for more reliability. For the last move replace Brick Break with Grass Knot to deal with ground types that switch in to you. Also if you are't evolving him get him a Light Ball.

harig07

Years
    Yeah the Light Ball came with him. And sorry, I meant it for the breeding thing but then when I mentioned Pikachu I thought might as well as that as well. So if I was to replace Thunder with Thunderbolt what would I do with Rain Dance?

Oh yeah Greene can I have a Gym Battle?

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    You are not the only breeder i'm one too and I have a lot of Pikachu eggs too.

Rezon

Ice Trainer
    Years
    Yo. I'd like to say I'm an expert breeder because once I've completed a Pokemon storyline that's all I really do. Am I the only breeder? What else do you like to breed? Is Ditto really the key? When I played LeafGreen I had a particular interest in random breeding (i.e. breeding Camerupt with a Donphan) and was a master Pichu breeder (no particular reason I just liked Pikachu).
    Speaking of which what do you think the best Pikachu/Raichu moveset is? I have a Pikachu and a Raichu which have the following moves:

-Surf
    -Thunder
    -Rain Dance
    -Brick Break

Is this good? Should I replace Thunder with Volt Tackle (what they originally had) and replace Rain Dance? Thanks guys.

Honestly alot of people here aren't very smart.

This set is decent at best. Pikachu is to frail to use Rain Dance and live. If you are going to use this set switch Rain Dance for Substitute and have another pokemon Rain Dance for him

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    its an okay moveset

my move set is
    iron tail
    volt tackle
    thunderbolt
    and quick attack (just a random move to battle ground types probabley replace with surf)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    pretty badass moveset bro i wanna get into all tht breeding nd EV training crap xD
    ive played pokemon since forever bt i barely realized EV training

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back