• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Broken Xbox Repair?

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I had an Xbox hiding on my closet for years. It used to work back then until i accidentally connected my 110vXbox to a 220v Outlet. It never worked since then. What do you think happened? Did i fried my Xbox?, Broken Power Supply? etc.
    A friend of mine said, all i need to do is to replace the fuse. I Dissasmbled my xbox and found no fuse. (or theres one?) Meanwhile another friend of mine said that it could be the Power Supply.
    Is it still possible for a repair? Sorry but i only know little about these things..
    Thanks, and i hope iam posting on the right thread. ^_^

EDIT!! (10-10-11)UPDATE!!

There's no fuse found, but we found a burned capacitor.
    Warning, big picture..
    Spoiler:

found near the big black capacitor located on the left side of the PSU.

Spoiler:

Clearer Image
    Spoiler:

My Xbox seems to have a "Focus" written on its Videochip.
    My friend said its more likely to be either v1.4 or v1.5

ANOTHER UPDATE!:

We've just changed the broken capacitor recently, and tried if it works.Unfortunately, Its still not working. What could the problem be? Are there other components that were broken? Or the motherborard is just simply dead? I may sound crazy, but we're dying to fix this thing! Hahaha.. Sorry about that.
    Were too lazy to check using testers..
    What do you think guys?

Last edited:
    Years
    It does sound like you've blown a fuse.
    You should try replacing it, but you should know the fuse isn't inside the xbox itself. It should be inside the plug part that you put into the wall.

If it doesn't have a fuse then i'd say get a new one because its a fire hazard xD

GlaceonX

-Glomps- Hii everybody
    Years
    Lol. . . . Well I fixed my Ps3 by sticking the motherboard into the over at 250 degrees. . . I'm not joking, it wouldn't turn on, I baked it for like an hour at 250 and it worked. . . ! For another 6 months. . . Lol

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Exactly same stuff happened to me long time ago with my PS1.
    My dad fixed it for me and fuse was inside of PS1.
    It might be different for Xbox, but might be worth checking it.

~Trebuh~

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I Updated the thread.
    See my first post. :)
    Thanks for all the help guys!
    We (me and my friend) really appreciate it!

Years
    If computers are anything to go by (and the Xbox is a heavily modified PC), then the power supply should have crapped out before it had the chance to take anything out. I'd be looking for a cheap red-ringer of the same model to steal the power supply from.

I doubt the damage is limited to a single capacitor with that sort of a voltage overload. They just tend to be the most obvious. Ditch the whole power unit if possible.

~Trebuh~

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Thanks for all the help guys!
    Greatly appreciate it!

We somehow found a fuse. An odd looking fuse(different from the common one??( Not really sure though)
    Okay, By tomorrow or so, I'll borrow a multitester from a friend of mine, and we'll try to check each component as much as possible.
    If there are several or less broken components, as long as they're cheap. We'll replace them.
    If it still doesnt work, I'll go for a new PSU or probably a standard ATX Computer power supply mod.
    Thanks guys

Back