• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Budew- Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    I caught a Budew with the nature I wanted, and now I realize they take high happiness evolve. How can I do this? And is it worth all the work, or should I just go catch a roselia? Thanks everybody

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    In DP they can be found on. Routes 212, 221, 224, 225, and 229, Trophy Garden, Great Marsh

And in Plat in Routes 208, 209, 210, 212, 221, 224, 229, and 230, Trophy Garden, Great Marsh.

So there is really no need to get Budew, and if you want to gain happiness you can just walk with it, use it in battle, level it up, give it ev boosting items, as well as other items and massages.

Physco

2+2=5
    Years
    It depends on how much you want a Roselia.
    You could give it messages from Veilstone City and the Resort Area.
    You could also give it stuff like Protein and Carbos. Or you could feed it Poffins that it likes.

Years
    Just keep your Budew, give it a Soothe Bell (if you have one) then ride around on your Bicycle (Route 206 Cycling Road is a good place to do it).

Also, make sure it's morning or daytime to make Budew evolve into that Roselia you have always dreamed of!

So, I don't think you need to actually catch a Roselia.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Do the massages that are available on your game. DPPT have the massages in the ribbon syndicate and the veilstone, HGSS have the massage with at daisy's house at pallet town. Also, if you are using HGSS, go do the daily haircut, it also gives happiness. Walk it around at first place in your party, and check everynow and then if it reached max happiness at goldenrod.
    soothe bell + battling and all work too. Using all that, you should probably get max happiness pretty quick. So no need to catch a roselia.

Also, next time you have a q try the Q & A thread at the top of the 4th gen forum. Its stickied, so no worries.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    To clarify - to make a Pokemon happier, walk with it in your party, let it partake in battles (but not faint, as that reduces happiness), and stuff like massages (or haircuts if it's HGSS) can also make it happier. Some items also affect happiness (specific berries, or holding the Soothe Bell). Budew is not too hard to get happy enough to evolve - basically it'll do it sooner or later (unless you only play at night =p). And in the long run there's no difference in training a Budew or Roselia - only difference is that you can catch Budew earlier in the game.Answered so closed. If you have any other questions please use the Help thread sticky at the top of the section.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back