• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bug Catching Contest: Redux

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just wondering do we get the Pokemon back after it has been judged because I'd really like mine back lol. C: So just wondering before it's submitted!

Username: Forever
Region: Unova
Friend Code: I pmed it to you.

Last edited:

Ste182

If Pokemon is for children, then by Arceus, I'll n
Years
Username: Ste182
Region: Kanto
Friend Code: 5043-3842-8342

Ste182

If Pokemon is for children, then by Arceus, I'll n
Years
Shouldn't Pokerus not count since that is based on external factors as well? (or just getting lucky and trading with somebody who gives you Pokerus)

I haven't used Pokerus since Gen 3 came out and that's just because I got an infected mon traded to me I believe, so I'm not quite sure how it works now

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Just wondering do we get the Pokemon back after it has been judged because I'd really like mine back lol. C: So just wondering before it's submitted!
Yes, you may have your Pokemon back after judging.
Shouldn't Pokerus not count since that is based on external factors as well? (or just getting lucky and trading with somebody who gives you Pokerus)

I haven't used Pokerus since Gen 3 came out and that's just because I got an infected mon traded to me I believe, so I'm not quite sure how it works now
Pokerus can be caught in the wild. It won't have a massive impact on the score, anyway.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 7, 2018
Wait, so we just post to sign up ?_? or is there some overall signup date that I've missed :(

Username: Level 51
Friend Code: 4441 - 9488 - 3570

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I caught my Bug Pokemon and it was holding an item, should I just let it keep it when I sent it in?
Leave items.
Wait, so we just post to sign up ?_? or is there some overall signup date that I've missed :(

Username: Level 51
Friend Code: 4441 - 9488 - 3570
No time limit it just has to be there before the deadline for the whole event.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I am extending the deadline by 24 hours because I was not ready to accept entries when I should have been. So far only 4 people have contacted me about trades. If you want to enter the time is running low!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Here are the scores for everyone who submitted an entry today.

Cakesu
-Skorupi 23pt
-Heracross 18pt
-Karrablast 15pt

Nah
-Scyther 14pt

CuteLittleBlack
-Masquerain 25pt

Achromatic
-Heracross 19pt

Spoony6205
-Surskit 21pt
-Durant 14pt
-Yanma 13pt

And so the current standings are:
1st: CuteLittleBlack w/25 points
2nd: Cakesu w/23 points
3rd: Spoony6205 w/ 21 points

The max score has not been hit yet, and you can still submit entries for ~27 more hours, so catch some bugs!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
DestinedJagold
-Surskit 19pt
-Foretress 24pt
-Venomoth 22pt

Jellicent F
-Pinsir 21pt
-Caterpie 13pt
-Karrablast 11pt

Forever
-Volbeat 23pt
-Scatterbug 10pt
-Wurmple 15pt

I am closing entries now. I would leave them open a few more hours but I left my charger in town. I was lucky to have gotten these mons judged before my 3DS died. I'll make an awards post tomorrow.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Bug_Catching_Contest_HGSS.png

We have chosen the winners!
Are you ready for this?

Placing third is Forever of Unova, who caught a writhing Volbeat!
Tying for third is Cakesu of Johto, who caught a writhing Skorupi!
The score was 23 points!

Placing second is DestinedJagold of Kalos, who caught a wriggling Forretress!
The score was 24 points!

This Bug-Catching Contest winner is...
CuteLittleBlack of Johto, who caught a whopping Masquerain!
The score was 25 points!

Everyone will receive an emblem for participation, and may request their entry Pokemon back.
Winners will bring home medals for their region.

We hope you'll take part in a Bug-Catching Contest in the future!

Note: I cannot trade for a few days until I can get my charger back.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Congratulations, you three! This was rly cute, btw. <3
I entered a Caterpie as a homage to the kid who's all like "Someone won with a Caterpie once." 8D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
ya good but time consuming event c: thanks for organising!

could you possibly release what the scoring system was?? i'm just interested tis alls!

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
Years
Congratulations to everyone ! I really enjoyed this event, it's simple yet quite fun. I hope I get the chance to participate again next year, I'll be looking forward to it ! :)

Back