• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Burning AVI and RMVB Files

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I don't know if it's against the rules to ask for DVD burning software on here or not. I'm not asking for a free one after all. And I'm not asking for a download. What I'm asking for is what site can I buy DVD burning software on that burns AVI and RMVB files? All the DVD burning software I've seen on Amazon doesn't burn these types of files. I need one that will.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Every burning software for Windows will burn avi, but you will hard pressed to find something to do rmvb since it is mainly only the japanese that use it. Look for a freeware program called convert x to dvd.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I have to agree, try Nero. I also have to say, convert to a different format to save space, AVI files are pointlessly huge.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • Honestly, ConvertXtoDvd is the best program(imo) for converting/burning RMVBs as well as a LOT of other file types, look it up.. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone :D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Try DVD Flick; it seems to have support for a lot of video input formats, and claims to have AVI and Real Meida support. Plus, it's free.

Last edited:

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • Try DVD Flick; it seems to have support for a lot of video input formats, and claims to have AVI and Real Meida support. Plus, it's free.
    Yeah DVD Flick is nice ;)

I had Nero, and I have to point out that it took me so many days to first find some software to convert Real media. Most that I found were trial versions or put a watermark.

I don't know the real difference, but DVD Flick says that it can use .RM files.

AVIs can generally be burnt by most software, however they can have a variety of codecs, so its really not neccessary that they be huge in size and for that matter be supported by your software.

Back