• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

But that doesn't look right...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You know how some Pokemon look like they don't even match their type? We'll use Mawile for example. I thougt it was just a normal type the first time I saw it in Ruby, but no. It's a steel type. Don't get me wrong, I like Mawile a lot actually, but steel type? What were they thinking?

And Azurill being normal? Sometimes I forget that and think, "Oh, it's blue, it's a water type. WAIT. That's Azrurill, so no it's not!" Kind of weird.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    My friend doesn't believe that Scyther is a bug-type. He always thought it was grass. owo;;

For myself, I would have never guessed Bibarel was part water-type or Girafarig was part normal-type. -w- And Sudowoodo... I still think it's grass-type, sort of XD;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Bibarel is a little more understandable than Girafarig, though, I'll give it that. It's a pain when I'm about to use Shadow Ball on a Girafarig. "Oh, can't use that! It's part normal type!" Why such a random match up? What's wrong with just being Psychic? It gives it less immunity to fighting type attacks, but also eliminates the ghost factor, but still, why they made it psychic and normal is beyond me.

Whenever I remember Dunsparce exists, I think it's a ground type...

True. It always seems to have Dig...every time I battle one, I swear it's got Dig.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Azurill is the main one for me. I always forget it's not water :/

I would say Sudowoodo, but they do say often that it is supposed to look like a grass type.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Gengar also doesn't seem like a poison type. Gastly makes a little sense because it's obviously made of gas, bu Gengar too? Then again, they needed to have a weakness back in the RBY days, so I guess they had no choice.

Ayselipera

When I found out Altaria was part Dragon I was quite surprised. Mainly because it looks like any other bird.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I was completely caught off guard when I found out that Dragonite was a Dragon-type. XD

I had thought Militank was ground, not normal, I think the same for Taurus. Actually, the whole normal type doesn't really fit that much I find.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Nokocchi does it for me. I always think it's a Bug-type. XD And yet. . I love Nokocchi. ♥​

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Wait a minute... Azurill is normal??? O___O;

Er.. *cough* Oh geez, this is not going over too well for me. XD I feel really dumb now.

Sneasel is also very misleading in my opinion... not your typical ice type I guess. *shrug*

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Azuril: Marill and Azumarill are water type, why not him/her? Way to confuse everyone xD
    Palkia: Water? lol, wut? I would have probably assumed either just dragon or dragon and psychic. :\
    Jirachi: I'd of assumed Psychic or Psychic and normal, but steel? Seriously, Game Freak. :S

And the ultimate one? For me, it's Lugia! Seriously, it lives at the bottom of the sea, is meant to be the polar opposite of Ho-Oh and earns Hydro Pump (and probably some other water moves) yet it's Psychic. :\

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Azurill, I never knew it was normal
    I also thought Luxray was going to be Dark/electric
    I still don't get Gyarados as a Water/Flying type D8..and when i first saw Wobbufet i thought i was water type o3o

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Meh, nothing ever looks right.

If the state of Texas tells us that this
    Code:
            /
           /
          /
         /
        /__________

Is 90 degrees then screw the rest of the world it WILL be 90 degrees. Geometry is so win.

So I just accept the fact I will never know what to expect from dangerous pocket sized monsters.

Especially you, Azurill ;_;. You cost me a battle...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Azuril like most people say was easily mislead by the fact that Maril and Azumaril are both water types.

The one that gets me in Gligar, I still don't know what type it is, I caught one to see once but I've already forgotten. To me it looks like a bug, that can fly but it also seems like it likes to dig a lot so it could be ground, then I just get this feeling that it's a normal type. So in my mind just by looking at it there's 4 different types it could be.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Is it just me, or are there too many purple pokemon that aren't poison type in the 4th generation?

Cooltrainer Nick♂

Almost ready to battle again!
    Years
    To be honest, not just with their types.. I think the artists have been quite lazy of late..
    'Ohhh we can't think of anything cool new, so let's just turn Magneton into a GOD DAMN UFO?'
    ._.'

I used to like Magneton, and they wrecked it by introducing a new stage.
    There's no need for Rhyperior either.
    What's next?
    DUGQUADRUPLIO.

I kid you not, if they wreck Dugtrio in generation V I may have to remove someone's nuts.

Years
    WHAT?! You mean to tell me that Azurill isn't even a WATER type? And it is blue?! Oh my Goodness! *Checks serebii's pokedex* WHAT? It's a Normal type? Since when? Ugh. No wonder why electric/grass moves aren't super effective against it. :P That's messed up.

Does anyone know what type Koffing is? Because I still have no idea.

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    Koffing's purely poison.

I really don't see why Flygon is a ground type when he has "fly" in his name.

Back