• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

But that doesn't look right...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Hmm...

Dunsparce. I kept thinking it's a Ground type. But no, it's Normal >.>
    Bibarel. Yes, it may be some sort of beaver thing, but I never expected it to be part Water. Plenty of Normal types can learn moves like Surf anyways (like Linoone).
    Azurill. You do not know how many times I've tried using Grass/Electric type moves just to realize hey, it's not a Water type.
    Drapion. OK, really, it's Dark/Poison, and yet Aaron has it on his team. Sure, Skorupi is part Bug, but that makes you think Drapion is a Bug type too. It even LOOKS it, for heavens sake! Bug/Poison would probably be a better combo for it, if you ask me >.>
    Pachirisu. Just because it had some blue I thought it'd be Ice and not Electric XD But I found out it was indeed Electric after watching the episode Dawn/Hikari gets one. This was pre-DS/Pearl for me, by the way.
    Kingdra. I continued thinking it was just Water and in no way part Dragon XD But of course, that's different now~
    Girafarig. When I tried using a Ghost move against it and it failed, I realized it was part Normal. I always thought it was purely Psychic.
    Barboach, Whiscash, and Quagsire (and maybe Wooper). They don't really seem like Ground types too much, compared to Marshtomp/Swampert.

I'll probably think of more later :X

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Meh, this thread is fantastic.
    I've yet to see any other thread where the subject is the most misunderstood ever..

Thank you. ;D

Drapion. OK, really, it's Dark/Poison, and yet Aaron has it on his team. Sure, Skorupi is part Bug, but that makes you think Drapion is a Bug type too. It even LOOKS it, for heavens sake! Bug/Poison would probably be a better combo for it, if you ask me >.>

That too. Guess they ran out of awesome bug types to stick him with. And I still don't know what type Gliscor is. I don't favor it anyway, so I don't really care.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    I think Gliscor is Ground/Flying, like Gligar.

I always get that one confused too. I always think it's Poison/Flying or something XD

And then Probopass doesn't really look like a Steel type, but when you think about it, since its nose is magnetized or whatever, it sounds like it would be a Steel type. Though then Nosepass is just a Rock type, and yet its nose is still magnetized (totally remember that one from PokeSpecial during Saph's battle against Roxanne XD).

noobiot100

Beginning Trainer of Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    At first, I thought that jirachi was just a plain psychic type. Turns out it was also part steel too.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Lugia is part Psychic? Why is it not Water?

And I thought Muk was part Water

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Suddowoodo and Bonsly are suposed to be a joke
    however, Giarfig should not be a part normal
    might AS well make a polarbear a fire type...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Dialga doesn't look like a Dragon or a Steel type to me. It looks like an...I don't know type. I can't even think of an insult for it. It's that strange looking.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    I think they got Lugia and Palkia switched around. Lugia should be Water while Palka should be Psychic.

I think Mew should be Normal seeing as how all Pokemon originated from it.

This means Mewtwo should be Normal too seeing as how it's a clone of Mew. Maybe add Psychic since it isn't a perfect clone, but a "mutated" one at that.

Azurill is confusing.

Paras/Parasect's typing makes sense to me since there are mushrooms growing on it's back/head like Bulbasaur.

Gyarados should be Dragon/Water. It doesn't really fly anyway.

Hoothoot/Noctowl should be Psychic/Flying.

It's about time they introduce the Light type. I'd personally avoid the any associations with holiness or any suggestions of good versus evil since I believe Nintendo intended all Pokemon to have free will and be good/evil based on the Pokemon's own choices and not due to their typing. No Pokemon is born "evil" (Dark) or "good" (Light). With that being said, I think they should change Blissey and Togetic to Light/Normal, Dialga to Light/Steel, Ho-Oh to Fire/Light (though it loses its Flying typing so that's up for debate), and create a new Eevee evolution for this type (Lumineon?).

Just my 2 cents. :)

I really don't see why it's such a big deal that Girafarig is part normal...

My question is how Pineco is bug...
    or how it turns into Forretress...
    "Hey guys! Pine cones are bugs!"

still like Pineco and Forretress though =D

(oh by the way, sorry to burst your bubble but the name Lumineon is taken...)

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    When I first caught an Illumise, the Pokedex entry mentioned the FireFly Pokemon, and guess what?
    I thought Illumise is a Fire-type. -.-

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I'd have to say Groudon, I always thought it was a dual fire/ground Pokemon till Valentine pointed out that it was just a ground Pokemon.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I agree 100% with mawile lol i always thought it should be a dark pokemon lol or atleast dark steel lol and i know this one is minor but i thin glalie should be ice dark lol not just ice it looks dark

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    The thing I find annoying is two things, one why the f**k is garidos part flying type I mean...Just keep it water type or at least water/dragon...second why can't there be sole flying type I mean every bird has to be normal type, (giant 6 foot birds aren't normal -_-). oh wait I have another thing, I always thought Glicor was ground/poison with levitate, but no...he's ground/flying...can someone tell me, if they make a ground type to show that the Pokemon is not supposed to be in the air than why combine flying type with it...see what I mean.

Back