• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Butterfree or Beedrill

beedrill or Butterfree??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fire_FLAMES

ThE fLaMe Of DaRkNeSs
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    which one do you prefer.I prefer butterfree because beedrills annoying to evolve and he dies easily plus butterfrees coolerXD.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • I think Butterfree is better overall. It learns a couple of useful status-hindering attacks and learns a few Psychic-type attacks like Psybeam and Confusion.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I prefer beedrill, he looks all mean =] Both are pretty dire competetively so I won't choose on that basis.

FYI, butterfree is no tougher than beedrill. Butterfree has 10 more base defence while beedril has 5 more base HP, boosting his general survivability. Also why is he more difficult to evolve, when poisin has better coverage in early-game (Aka brock doesn't lol at poisin sting)?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Beedrill is a cooler pokemon but Butterfree is stronger.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I always have Butterfree when I start on a journey in any of the older games. I never got my Beedrill past its evollution level of course.

Years
  • I am kinda split here. Butterfree has a better move pool the Beedrill. However Beedrill has overall better stats then Butterfree.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I choose Butterfree hands down...beedrill is really hard to level up for me, plus Butterfree has a cooler moveset pool and outstands me more...

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I prefer Butterfree over Beedrill, but out of all the first generation flying-bugs, I would choose Venomoth.

EffervescentEevee

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Butterfree!!!:D

For all the above reasons, plus it's perdier and is more useful when battling Brock and Team Rocket. But I've never had a use for it after the second badge in most games.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I prefer Butterfree, as I've always thought of it as a cool Pokemon. And now, I even use him frequently enough in competitive battles. I love pwning people with my Butterfree-not as much as I like pwning with Pachirisu or Luvdisc, mind you, but it's noteworthy nonetheless! :P

Oppip

Master of time and space
    Years
  • I prefer butterfree, not sure why though, i just think of it as a more interesting pokemon.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I like Butterfree alot more because it learns useful moves like Psychic and Silver Wind.

Years
  • I don't really care for either of those two pokemon but if I had to choose one of them, I would pick Butterfree. I liked Butterfree because it was useful to me early in the game in RBY, especially in Yellow version. Even though it is a pain to level up, learning Confusion upon evolving was really useful for defeating Brock's Pokemon and having a Psychic move very early in the game was a nice bonus for all those annoying Poison Pokemon later on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2009
    whoop to you fire flames

i agree with you 100% buterfree is better but but but beedrill looks better in a vicous way

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • Though Butterfree is quite beautiful, I prefer Beedrill. Beedrill has a cool and tougher-looking appearance. I also like Weedle and Kakuna more than I like Caterpie and Metapod.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Beedrill, though I know I'm in the minority. Especially in FRLG, its twin needle pwns Sabrina. You can also breed Swords Dance into it so you can really build up a killing machine. True, butterfree gets psychic attacks, but lets face it - a fight between a butterfly and a bee. Who's going to win?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back