• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Buying a second Gameboy/DS to trade with yourself?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I kept my Game Boy Color and link cable when I got a Game Boy Advance SP and I used it to trade in Generations I and II.

I wonder, will the 3DS be compatible with trading with the DS?

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Thanks to relatives, I never needed to with the Game Boy Pocket and Game Boy Colour, but with the Game Boy Advance SP, I ended up buying another one for myself for the sole purpose of trading.

I would do it with the DS, but I can't be asked really.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    This is what I call the GBA method as I can use WiFi in the DS games. Wasn't that long ago though :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Nope I simply use my brother's DS. XD

No idea what I'm gonna due a year or so down the road when we stop living together. D:

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    during the first three gens my sister played pokemon, so i had help with trading if i needed it. as far as gen 4 is concerned, i do have 2 ds systems but thats only because i never threw away my old ds after replacing it with a ds light. i figured that since i still had it i could use it for the purpose of trading. The reason i bought a new ds wasnt for that reason though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    I bought the DS Lite when it first came out and then bought a DSI XL for the bigger screen. I haven't decided on whether to get the new Nintendo 3DS yet since $249.99 (on Amazon) is WAY too pricey in my opinion for a hand-held console.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Fortunately, I don't have to worry about having to buy another DS/Gameboy for trading purposes. I have a brother and since he's also into Pokémon, we both get the consoles and games for it, so I don't have a problem with that. Besides, for the excuse of needing another one to trade Pokémon, I don't think my parents would like the idea of that. XD
    Beaten by the sibling, but the same applies for me here. Luckily, she and I have always shared an interest in the Pokémon games, so with my own DS and her's I can trade with myself by just borrowing her hand held GBA or DS. :]

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Sadly I dont have any siblings that I can use their DS to trade with myself. Always thought about buying another DS to be able to trade with myself, but dont have enough money. :(

Back