• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

C&M Advent Calendar

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • Dec 24: Favourite Christmas memory

And we the C&M Advent Calendar end on a high note. Thanks for taking part, to those who did. I hope you all have a merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, a krazy Kwanzaa, a tip-top Tet, and a solemn and dignified Ramadan. :D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Wow, I've loved this daily advent calendar posting. I didn't expect to be this sad that it was ending, even though the happy part is that it's Christmas tomorrow :(

Now, my favourite memory... OK, growing up (from ages 8-15) my best friend lived two doors over from me. Every year, the whole street used to go for a big Christmas barbecue breakfast at their house. We'd compare our presents and play around with our new stuff together, and I have this really vivid memory of their Christmas tree - they were the only people I've ever known in Australia to use a real tree for Christmas. It didn't resemble a Christmas tree whatsoever, it was shaped more like an overgrown palm tree than anything, but it had that strong pine smell that made it smell like Christmas through the whole house. It was haphazardly decorated, there was tinsel that looked like it had literally been balled up and thrown from the opposite end of the room and left wherever it landed, and the baubles were these huge garrish things that weren't colours I would ever use on a tree. The lights were these huge bulbous monstrosities that are also rarely seen in Australia (where we err in favour of the tiny twinkle lights).

To this day, I regard that Christmas tree as the greatest and most magical I've ever seen. I only wish I had a picture.

As to an actual specific event, the best Christmas memory I can remember is the year (1999, I believe) we both got Nintendo 64's for Christmas. We were both so excited, and I remember bursting in his door and at the same time we both shouted "GUESS WHAT I GOT!" and proceeded to run around like maniacs. I got Pokemon Snap with my 64 and I'm pretty sure we spent the better part of the morning playing that. I really, really miss those times and I would do anything to have them back. If I had a time machine, I would go back to the day we met and re-live it all.

-sigh- now I'm depressed lol. Anyway, please do this again next year! I don't care if it's all the same questions, I'll answer them again gladly!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Dec 24: Favourite Christmas memory

And we the C&M Advent Calendar end on a high note. Thanks for taking part, to those who did. I hope you all have a merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, a krazy Kwanzaa, a tip-top Tet, and a solemn and dignified Ramadan. :D
    Oh, when Simpsons was funny

Back