• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

C&M Advent Calendar

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 19: Least favourite Christmas themed TV episode?

"Dude, Where's My Ranch?", from The Simpsons' fourteenth season is ridiculously dire. The Simpson clan find out they can't perform Christmas carols around the neighbourhood because of copyright reasons, so Homer writes a song about Flanders, and then they go to a ranch, and it's all a big heap of dirge that doesn't deserve a televisual airing. Bleh, bleh, bleh!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Thinking about this question actually made me remember my favourite Christmas themed TV episode. I remember when that question came up I was like "AAAA THERE'S TOO MANY I CAN'T POSSIBLY CHOOSE!" So, to retro-actively answer, my favourite is The Nanny's Christmas episode "Oi to the World" which was completely genius as just that one episode was completely animated and they had the actors voicing different characters in some Christmassy Santa's workshop dream of Fran's. It just sings to my childhood!

Now, to answer TODAY'S question, I think Everybody Loves Raymond's first Christmas episode was pretty crap. The episode itself is fine, but all that ever stands out in my memory is looking at the Christmas decorations and thinking "My God those look dull and brown. Where is the green and pretty?". So it's a shallow reason for not liking a Christmas episode, but it's the little details that stick in my memory.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Thinking about this question actually made me remember my favourite Christmas themed TV episode. I remember when that question came up I was like "AAAA THERE'S TOO MANY I CAN'T POSSIBLY CHOOSE!" So, to retro-actively answer, my favourite is The Nanny's Christmas episode "Oi to the World" which was completely genius as just that one episode was completely animated and they had the actors voicing different characters in some Christmassy Santa's workshop dream of Fran's. It just sings to my childhood!

Now, to answer TODAY'S question, I think Everybody Loves Raymond's first Christmas episode was pretty crap. The episode itself is fine, but all that ever stands out in my memory is looking at the Christmas decorations and thinking "My God those look dull and brown. Where is the green and pretty?". So it's a shallow reason for not liking a Christmas episode, but it's the little details that stick in my memory.
    I remember that Nanny episode. I have it on VHS somewhere with a bunch of other obscure stuff. Anyone ever see the Ace Ventura Christmas special? XD

Least favourite... I don't remember liking the Eek the Cat Christmas episode much as a kid.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Nearly every single show on TV has christmas specials, it's hard to find just one bad one. But just last night I saw a Family Guy Christmas episode and despised it. It was just really bad.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 20: Least favourite Christmas carol?

Good King Wenceslas, mainly because I could never pronounce it correctly when I was forced to sing it in school. The negative connotations that come with that experience will probably stay with me forever, unfortunately.

Shining Raichu

Years
    I have to agree, Good King Wenceslas is a really terrible song. From the lyrics I can remember, I don't even see what it has to do with Christmas. And every time I hear it in my head, it's sung in this obnoxiously deep voice that makes me cringe a little.

Years
    Time for the great C&M Advent Calendar Catchup~

Dec 16: What do you wish about Christmas would just WITHER AND DIE?
    Everything. How pervasive it is. It gets into everything. You can't get away from it no matter where you go or what you do. It's like everyone suddenly loses all sense of good taste and throws candy canes and plastic snowflakes everywhere they don't belong.

Dec 17: Least favourite Christmas themed song?
    I don't bother to learn the names of Christmas songs that bother me. I try to burn them out of my memory.

Dec 18: Least favourite Christmas themed film?
    Anything with children in it. Anything that has romance in it. So if there's a Hallmark or Disney made-for-TV movie with both of these things in it I'm sure it's my least favorite.

The one that ends with all the characters realizing that the best present is the time they share together. *gag*

See answer to #17

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    ANGRY BIRDS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL WHAT THE HELL

Going with the two people above me, I just cannot stand Good King Wenceslas. Don't like the lyrics, don't like the tune and don't like it in general. Just no.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 21: Non-Christmas piece of entertainment that makes you think of Christmas

Long title, I know... but is there anything entertainment-related throughout the rest of the year that makes you think of Christmas? Whether in a positive or negative context, it doesn't really matter.

Shining Raichu

Years
    There are two for me: The King of Queens and The Big Bang Theory, and especially their theme songs, make me think of Christmas every time I see or hear them. This is because one December a few years ago (probably 2007 iirc) The King of Queens played every week night at 7pm, and as The Big Bang Theory was still incredibly new at that point and not very well-known, they were playing it over the Summer instead of during ratings season, and it was on Monday nights at 7:30. I have these strong memories of sitting in this chair where I'm sitting right now, next to the Christmas tree and watching both shows while playing on my laptop. So hearing the theme songs in particular has become linked in my head with Summer, and by association December and Christmas.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 22: Favourite Christmas themed TV commercial?

There's nothing topping the Coca-Cola Christmas commercial, in my eyes. An instant nostalgia-fest that keeps giving every year it gets updated and slightly changed. By this point, it's been as ingrained in me as the Christmas tree and Mariah Carey as one of the first things I think of when Christmas is mentioned.

Shining Raichu

Years

This is a new one from this year - it's an underwear commercial so it does have partial nudity but nothing inappropriate enough that it wouldn't be shown on TV lol. I'm really not sure why I like this ad so much, most people find it really irritating, but I can't help but love what they did with a song I otherwise find annoying. They have shorter versions of the ad where they just do one of the 12 days, but I linked to the full ad.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years

There's nothing topping the Coca-Cola Christmas commercial, in my eyes. An instant nostalgia-fest that keeps giving every year it gets updated and slightly changed. By this point, it's been as ingrained in me as the Christmas tree and Mariah Carey as one of the first things I think of when Christmas is mentioned.

Yeah this basically. For me, it's not Christmas without Coke and the Coke advert is what really gets it going! I actually found 12 cans of the stuff on offer earlier today so I got them and hid them in my room, lol. :x

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    BRING ON THE COCA-COLA CHRISTMAS TRUCKS

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 23: Least favourite Christmas themed TV commercial

Where there's a yin, there's a yan; where there's a black, there's a white; where there's an up, there's a down... I pretty sure you can complete the metaphor. To be honest, most Christmas themed adverts would fall under this umbrella, as it's the rare one that doesn't rise above the tackiness that Christmas can occasionally bring out in companies. The most egregious example I can think of recently would be the adverts for Iceland (a supermarket, not the country), with an ex-X Factor runner-up singing a horrible song about driving home for Christmas and then coming home to a house of crappy frozen food and being all happy instead of MAD THAT SHE COULDN'T HAVE A PROPER CHRISTMAS DINNER! Ugh...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Least favourite Christmas themed TV commercial

Oh god there is this Bonds commercial about the 12 days of Christmas and I hate it. I hate the singing and it is constantly on and it goes for a long time. The voice the guy sings it in is super annoying too. It is the one Raichu likes.

Shining Raichu

Years
    Vappy you have no soul.

I can honestly say that there are no Christmas ads that I dislike. I love them all because they're so unique to Christmas time and they add to the Christmassy feel that I don't realise is there until they are gone :(

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Day 22 - Best Buy hands down. That shizz is hilarious xD

Day 23 - Kohls. They're annoying and always came up when I watched stuff on ABC online. Old Navy are pretty calm this >_>

Oh you mean ever? Mine are all from this year...

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    So far, I can't really find a Christmas ad that I dislike. I only ever see them at Christmas time and I find it lovely to simply watch them and enjoy the spirit of Christmas, lol.

Back