• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

C&M Advent Calendar

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Boxing Day shopping is something I would consider a sport. It requires strategic planning, special equipment and physical exertion.

It is both my favourite sport and my least favourite sport. I play the game every year and I highly enjoy it, I never feel more alive than when I'm barging through crowds to get the DVDs I want for half price... but at the same time it's my least favourite of all the sporting traditions because the other shoppers can be so infuriatingly stubborn. If I am looking at something, you leave me alone or I will destroy you.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    what sporting traditions idk
    I guess this is a bit of a stretch, but restraining my little brother and sister from opening their presents until morning, which often requires me staying up all night and making sure they leave their numerous goodies until the morning, for fear that they will open them up early and spoil the surprises that lie inside.

Years
    Dec 15: Least favourite sporting tradition?

Exercising away all the extra pounds gained from eating Christmas dinner? idek

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    God, I'm even later than usual. Not even due to sleep or anything: just plain forgetfulness! Whatevs...

Dec 16: What do you wish about Christmas would just WITHER AND DIE?

Sorry Andrew, but I'm going to have to say the gaudy decorations for this. They're just meh and I hate them and I wish they could go away and never grace our presence again! They're the height of tackiness and... yeah!

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
    It depends on how you do them! Some can be tacky, but I know how to do them right. Perhaps there are just tacky people in England!

I'd actually say the religious aspect. I've grown to adore Christmas for the pretty, family-oriented yet consumer-driven extravaganza it has become, but there are so many annoying people who insist that it shouldn't be this way and should be exclusively about the birth of Christ. They're real buzzkills, and they take away from the true meaning of Christmas. I'm an atheist who loves Christmas, I don't care that it once used to be a religious holiday... take a look around you, it certainly isn't that way anymore.

To anybody I've offended, I am very sorry. But that's the way I feel and that's what Christmas means to me lol

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I for one disagree with Andy on this. I'm no big believer of Jesus myself, but I do think that if people want to celebrate Jesus on Christmas, they can. However, this is only if they don't try to force their beliefs on others and take away the spirit of Christmas, whether that be the spirit of Jesus or the spirit of gift giving and family. In response to the question, I think that the feud between non-believers/people who don't care about Jesus at Christmas time and the people who are adamant that Christmas is solely about Jesus should wither away and die. It's Christmas time, y'all, just enjoy it however you want to.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'd actually say the religious aspect. I've grown to adore Christmas for the pretty, family-oriented yet consumer-driven extravaganza it has become, but there are so many annoying people who insist that it shouldn't be this way and should be exclusively about the birth of Christ. They're real buzzkills, and they take away from the true meaning of Christmas. I'm an atheist who loves Christmas, I don't care that it once used to be a religious holiday... take a look around you, it certainly isn't that way anymore.

To anybody I've offended, I am very sorry. But that's the way I feel and that's what Christmas means to me lol
    Not offended, I just... don't agree entirely. I don't think it should be exclusively about celebrating Jesus' birth. That would be... kind of boring XD However, the big wintery commercial aspect of it (which I thoroughly enjoy by the way) is but one aspect of the holiday. You can not celebrate the religious part if you want, I'm not bothered, but don't pretend that it isn't a part of the holiday (if not the point of it, the true meaning of Christmas as you put it). It's in the name.

Anyway, what I would like to wither and die are yearly new bad renditions of Christmas songs.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 17: Least favourite Christmas themed song?

This one's actually a toss-up. Originally it was going to be simple: 'Wonderful Christmastime' by Paul McCartney: the true dirge of Christmas whose presence makes me want to throw stuff at the radio/TV. But then Glee went and broadcast the crappiest rendition of an already crappy Christmas song: 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' by Band Aid. UGH! It's been rerecorded twice as well and people still buy into it for some weird-ass reason!

Shining Raichu

Years
    I actually figured out my answer to this question not two minutes ago. I am watching Carols in the Domain, which is a huge televised Carols by Candlelight, and one of the songs they played was "Bridge Over Troubled Water". Now, I don't know how this is a Christmas-themed song or what they were thinking playing it, but I am not a fan of the idea in general lol.

Her

Years
    • Seen today

Stop it, Justin Bieber. Just stop it. You too, Mariah. You butchered your own song :(

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I like most Christmas songs but the one I just cannot stand is Grandma got Run over by A Reindeer. What the hell is it trying to show us? Watch your grandma this christmas, Santa could kill her? Don't think that's the right message.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I like most Christmas songs but the one I just cannot stand is Grandma got Run over by A Reindeer. What the hell is it trying to show us? Watch your grandma this christmas, Santa could kill her? Don't think that's the right message.
    It's satire. It's supposed to be funny, although I don't find it to be really. Just all in good fun. Like the Monster Mash.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 18: Least favourite Christmas themed film?

Although it has its usage (like providing a picture to caption in the C&MCCC!), I really really really dislike Jingle All the Way. However - and this is the part which suggests that therapy is in order - if it comes on TV, I'll always watch it through to the end. I'll be laughing at it the entire time, but I'll always watch it, for some weird-ass reason.

Shining Raichu

Years
    I'd have to say the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. It might have been a funny movie in its time back when Chevy Chase was still relevant, but now it's just not. And it's way overplayed. It's on TV every single year and my father insists on watching it... ugh.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'd have to say the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. It might have been a funny movie in its time back when Chevy Chase was still relevant, but now it's just not. And it's way overplayed. It's on TV every single year and my father insists on watching it... ugh.
    "Hallelujah, holy ****" is funny no matter how many times you hear it :|

Anyway, generally, by the preview/commercial or title I can sort of guess if a Christmas movie is going to be junk. So, I just bypass it. But I had to watch Jingle All the Way before at a relative's. So, I'm going with that

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    C&M Advent Calendar

LITERALLY THE WORST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER
    WELL MAYBE BAD SANTA IS THE WORST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER
    BUT TIM ALLEN AS SANTA CLAUSE FOR THE THIRD TIME??? A CATASTROPHE

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    All the Christmas Slasher movies like Silent Night Deadly Night, Bad Santa, Christmas Evil and the likes. They just don't seem to make much sense and are exactly the same as most slasher films but with Santa added in.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    C&M Advent Calendar

LITERALLY THE WORST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER
    WELL MAYBE BAD SANTA IS THE WORST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER
    BUT TIM ALLEN AS SANTA CLAUSE FOR THE THIRD TIME??? A CATASTROPHE
    Holy crap! I forgot that existed! Why did you remind me?

I change my vote. That's the worst Christmas movie I ever saw.

I actually really enjoy the first Clause movie. The second one was decent but completely unnecessary (not a classic or worthy of multiple viewings). But the third one is just a horrible monstrosity.

Back