• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Café Mocha (Ash x Dent)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm happy with Negai to happen so that leaves Dent single and awesome, or alternatively, Pokemon to cave into drugs and make the social-suicidal decision to get Ash and Dent together.
    I dunno... it's Pokemon, they might get away with it.

The latest Japanese episode's running "gag" kind of thing was Dent sorta telling off Iris for talking with her mouth full. Haha~ I'm so lame for finding a twisted sense of joy in that.
    Defining the difference between them even more, perhaps.

The day will come, the day will come. I think Dent should take his own advice about how one should be honest about their feelings. Dent has a lot of confessing to do, haha. =)
    Oh yes. Yes he does.

I agree with this reason, like D/P I'm pretty sure Advancedshippers/Abilityshippers liked Ikarishipping, even though they hardly interacted. I think this ship is the most popular Yaoi ship at least.
    Since Pallet, anyway.

I guess a lack of canonical hints/interactions allows the realm of imagination to flourish a lot better~
    Yeah, I guess. No restrictions on things.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I guess a lack of canonical hints/interactions allows the realm of imagination to flourish a lot better~

Your imagination is the best place for shipping thoughXD

I wonder what's been more popular since Pallet, is it Comashipping or CafeMochashipping?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Oh, god that's a tough one. I'm not sure how big Coma was, but I'm fairly sure CafeMocha is coming up fast. I would say Pallet is still very popular, though.

Oho! Video~

And ohgod the one that makes me cry every time. ;;

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    To be honest, CafeMocha seems way more popular already, than Coma ever was. >__> It was one of those little-known pairings, that didn't get too much attention. Pallet and CafeMocha have it beat out. Though, like Pokeshipping, Pallet was one of the original, and so it might be hard to beat out.

& oh god, it's that depressing as heck song... ; ;
    Never would've related it to those two, except maybe for towards the end of Unova.

edit: ohgod some of those fanarts.. I want them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    To be honest, CafeMocha seems way more popular already, than Coma ever was. >__> It was one of those little-known pairings, that didn't get too much attention. Pallet and CafeMocha have it beat out. Though, like Pokeshipping, Pallet was one of the original, and so it might be hard to beat out.
    Really? I was under the impression that Coma was pretty popular... but then again I was not around then. :P

I think CafeMocha has the potential to overcome Pallet in terms of popularity, especially if Dent stays on for a few seasons. Then again...

& oh god, it's that depressing as heck song... ; ;
    Never would've related it to those two, except maybe for towards the end of Unova.

edit: ohgod some of those fanarts.. I want them.
    *cough* I have most of them.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I guess Coma was popular to a point, but I always remember looking and I couldn't find much. -totally shipped it- I've seen a lot more of CafeMocha already than I really ever saw with ComaShipping (because CafeMocha is better! /shot). I think Ikarishipping, and.. whatever AshxDawn is called, was just more popular.

Well, we know that Dent will stay around for the next few years, though I wouldn't mind at all if he stuck around after Unova. 8D;

& I'm.. not surprised you have them. XD;

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Yay~ time for my research to answer the question at hand- which is more popular?

FanFiction stories:
    Pallet: 328
    Coma: 141

Bulbagarden posts:
    Pallet: 2,669
    Coma: 136

Serebii Forums posts:
    Coma: 1,026; 916 (two forums) TOTAL- 1,942
    Pallet: 463; 402; 63 (three forums) TOTAL- 928

deviantART club members:
    Pallet: 312
    Coma: 10 (No "proper" clubs, but a user that operates his/her username as club)

Winning 3/4 is PalletShipping!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    oh, interesting. .

Now lets just hope that CafeMocha beats out Pallet someday. 8D
    -wishful thinking-

I wonder what the ratio is between Coma and CafeMocha on Pixiv.
    It'd be interesting if Cafe was beating it out, despite being around for only a few months. xD;

Phone post, sorry for typos.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm thinking CafeMocha is beating it out already. /can't check :(

Oh... so Iris sleeps far away and the boys sleep near each other? Hmmm... /episode 33

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    See, Iris gives them their their alone time. :D

I'll bet the Negaishippers glared at their TVs in that moment..

& before Best Wishes ends, Ash and Dent need to have a moment similar to the Gary/Ash moment towards the end of Johto.

Can't find a screenie of it at the moment, but they're sitting outside together, reflecting, and Gary puts his half their broken Pokeball into Ash's hands. The screenshot result makes it look like they're holding hands.. xD; I demand a Dent/Ash scene close to that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    It would be cuuuuute. <3

I demand hugs! I mean, with as affectionate and excitable as Dent is, you'd think he'd get carried away at one point and hug Ash or something...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    omgyes.

Makes me think of my profile layout.. except that if it happened in the anime, I can see Dent being the one to get caught up in some moment, and end up doing all the hugging. With Ash looking all awkward, like "What's going on?! aksjdf o//=" xD;

Has there ever been any hugging the anime at all..? Oh well, we can hope.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I just looked at your profile. I want it. Also I just saw that pic in my collection.

Completely and totally true, for the hugging thing though.

Romantic-ish hugging hasn't really happened I don't think (unless you're a RocketShipper or something weird like that).

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    You want my profile, or the pic? xD; Though, again, I'm not surprised you have that one already..

If Ash ever initiated any hugging with Dent, or anyone else, he'd probably have to be either really freaked out, or really sad. =u= Though, that could make for a cute scene!

Well, it's normal for Jesse and James to hug, sadly not so for any other cast members. :/

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I want your profile. Good as I am with webpages, I've never been able to get profiles down very well.

Or scared shitless, but then again it's actually Dent who'd more likely be scared.

I think Brock has hugged some of the main cast a few times too, but idk.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    What..? B-but your profile totally looks better than mine.. XD; orz

& Hahahah. Yeah, I guess Dent would be the more who was more likely to be scared over something. Like in that one episode where he screamed like a little girl. >_>; Though, in fanfics that I've read, everyone seems to make Ash the one who's all unstable in some way.

With all the flirting that Dent's likely had to do with his job, and what not, I'm surprised he doesn't get any hugs, or doesn't hug Ashothers, actually.

Years
    I want to steal everyone's profiles out there. ;-; And what's up with the large number of people with Ash avatars? Is he popular again or something? :p I was totally not looking at Drew. XD;;

Hmm.. Cilan is getting his share of screentime in the new episodes I guess. CafeMocha hints though, umm.. I don't see any lately. Or maybe I don't notice them at all. ;;

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    What..? B-but your profile totally looks better than mine.. XD; orz
    I think it's too soft-looking. /always gets this way right before PPC ends

& Hahahah. Yeah, I guess Dent would be the more who was more likely to be scared over something. Like in that one episode where he screamed like a little girl. >_>; Though, in fanfics that I've read, everyone seems to make Ash the one who's all unstable in some way.
    >_>
    <_<
    /made Ash suicidal in hers

Dent's supposed to be the mature one, I guess. The go-to, reliable person. But now I think he's the more excitable and hyperactive of the two- though they get that way for different reasons.

With all the flirting that Dent's likely had to do with his job, and what not, I'm surprised he doesn't get any hugs, or doesn't hug Ashothers, actually.
    This is true. Then again... maybe he equates false/random/whatever word I'm looking for affection with a somewhat distant relationship, and doesn't exactly know how to show real affection?

I want to steal everyone's profiles out there. ;-; And what's up with the large number of people with Ash avatars? Is he popular again or something? :p I was totally not looking at Drew. XD;;
    But your profile is so cute~

I have no idea.

Hmm.. Cilan is getting his share of screentime in the new episodes I guess. CafeMocha hints though, umm.. I don't see any lately. Or maybe I don't notice them at all. ;;
    There was one that could barely be registered as a hint, really, which would be that they sleep right next to each other and Iris is some sixty feet away in a hammock.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024

lol.. I've seen a few other people get Ash avatars within the last couple of days. =u= Mine was first. /shot I only have mine, because I wanted to make a banner out of the picture in my signature. Though, people are amused by my Ash thing going on, so I might keep it for a bit.

& Ana, I knowww. I remember your fanfic. XD Yours isn't the only one that made Ash that way, though. Then again, I read one where Dent cried, and Ash was the one who did the comforting.

Also, you've got a point about Dent not knowing how to show real affection.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    & Ana, I knowww. I remember your fanfic. XD Yours isn't the only one that made Ash that way, though. Then again, I read one where Dent cried, and Ash was the one who did the comforting.
    One of the few, hmm? Link plz.

Also, you've got a point about Dent not knowing how to show real affection.
    I am also getting in the habit of overanalyzing characters. ^^; But! If I could write, I'd do something interesting with that idea.

Back