• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Cale's Art Dump

Prince Cale

What's this? An encore performance?
Years
  • Hey all! I'm new here, figured I'd share a few drawings I've done, maybe start my life in the community up a wee bit!

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Cale's Art Dump

Some of these were taken by a camera, so they aren't high quality. Sorry! I have more, but i can't share them yet. Also, sorry some are so big .

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • These are really good! If you're concerned about some pictures being too big, you could always fit the drawings into a spoiler tag.

Anyway, I like these drawings. The detail and proportions are spot on, and I love how the drawings express themselves. If I do have one critique, it's that some of the lines are a bit sloppy. What I mean by that is instead of a dark, smooth line, it's a bunch of lighter, small lines as you figure out the shape you want. Just going back over those and erasing the unwanted lines would help a lot.

But if that's the only critique I have, then this is pretty solid. You're definitely good at drawing, and I really like what you've posted. I'll have to keep reminding myself to check back here once in a while and see what's new.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Hi Cale, you've got some nice drawings here! The instant I saw Peridot at the top, I knew your other stuff would be great as well, haha.

Unfortunately I can't give you any critique, since I'm not too experienced in the drawing department, but I can tell that your shading and proportion sense is on point (as the previous commentators have mentioned). I also really like the composition of [this drawing]!
    You should definitely keep up the good work ;-]

Prince Cale

What's this? An encore performance?
    Years
  • Hi Cale, you've got some nice drawings here! The instant I saw Peridot at the top, I knew your other stuff would be great as well, haha.

Unfortunately I can't give you any critique, since I'm not too experienced in the drawing department, but I can tell that your shading and proportion sense is on point (as the previous commentators have mentioned). I also really like the composition of [this drawing]!
    You should definitely keep up the good work ;-]

Wow, thank you! It means a lot to me that you complimented.
    And you've recognized peridot! I was hoping I would find someone who did.

Years
  • Really nice work! If I had to critique I might suggest to you to work on creating some of your own poses for what you draw. (I just noticed the Cubone specifically looks like the original Sugimori artwork) But these are very nice :) Keep it up!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    These are really nice. I especially like the Winnie the Pooh and the Steven's Universe ones. The Pooh bear one is especially adorable

Back