• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Dragons (PG-13 for mature themes later)

Years
    Blah...new chapter... XD

Chapter 10

Dennis woke up the next day, still in the hotel room. He stared at the ceiling as he listened to the sounds around him. He could hear the bathroom being used since he could hear the running water of the showers.

He pushed the covers aside and sat up. He yawned and stretched his arms. He then scratched his head and then sat up at the edge or the bed. Dennis remembered the warning the mysterious girl gave her last night. He needs to go immediately because the city was in danger.

He stood up without hesitation and noticed that Vincent?s trench coat wasn?t on top of his bed. Instead, Vincent?s bed was neatly made, meaning that he was gone. He made his way in front of the bathroom door and knocked on it.

?Nina! Nina, you there?? He called out loud. He waited and heard the shower knob creaking. The water ceased and the shower curtains were moved. Dennis heard her footsteps as Nina made her way to the door.

She unlocked the door and opened it with an irritated expression. ?Why do you have to bother me when I?m taking a shower?? She yelled. Her towel was wrapped around her drenched body. Her hair was still damp and water was dripping from it.

Dennis stared at her wide-eyed but then snapped out off it. ?Nina, you gotta listen to me. We need to leave the city now!?

Nina eyed him suspiciously. ?And what?s that supposed to mean??

?Nina, we have to go! The city is in danger!?

?Look Dennis, how should I believe you? Is it in the news or something??

?No but?I had this dream and??

Nina laughed. ?You had a dream?? She snickered. ?And what? You had some sort of vision of the destruction of the world??

?No! Take me seriously, Nina!? Dennis insisted. ?Look?in my dream, I saw this girl. She said that we should leave the city now because it?s in danger!?

Nina looked at him with an expression that doesn?t seem to be interested. ?A girl, huh? How can you be sure that your dream is real??

The flower immediately popped into Dennis? mind. He immediately went towards his bed and threw the pillows off. He found it under the pillows. It still looked fresh?it was as if it was just plucked from the plant where it belongs just now.

?Here! I found this after my dream! The color of the flower has the same color as the girl?s hair.? Dennis argued.

Nina took the flower from his hand and held it softly. She immediately closed her eyes slowly as she smelled the calming scent that wafted around it. ?Dennis?? She began as she opened her eyes. ?Where did you find this??

?I found it over there,? He pointed towards the window. ?When I woke up from my dream, I found that on the window.?

She looked at the beautiful flower and handed it back to Dennis. ?Are you sure about all of this, Dennis??

?I?m sure of it! The girl looked so real?? He then sighed. ?And?it felt so real??

Nina eyed him suspiciously. ?Okay?I?ll get dressed.? Before she could close the door, Dennis halted her.

?Wait, where?s Vincent??

?Vincent? Oh he?s gone to Lavender town. He said he wants to see something there. Since we?re leaving the city, it?s good that we should meet him there.?

Dennis nodded as he let Nina close the bathroom door. He looked down at the flower and felt relaxed by just looking at its beautiful petals.

~*~*~*~

?Okay, okay! Stop pushing me!? Nina yelled as Dennis kept pushing her down the hallway. They had just checked out and told the nice lady over the counter that they weren?t going to return. Dennis was pressuring Nina as they walked away from the hotel. Soon, they were outside.

Dennis was ahead of Nina as they walked along the streets. Dennis was widening his pace and he looks as if he was ready to burst into a run. ?Can?t you go any faster?? He yelled back at Nina.

?Dennis, I?m not even sure if you so called vision of the future is true.? She yelled back at him. ?And why do you have to rush me while the city isn?t destroyed yet as you?ve claimed it to be??

?Nina, you really have to believe me on this one.? He said while still walking. ?That dream I saw was so real. I didn?t even know it was a dream!?

?Like all of us do when we have dreams?? Nina muttered. ?Hey! Wait up!? Dennis? pace was getting faster and faster. ?We still gotta get breakfast, you know!?

?Breakfast can wait. We need to fly over to Lavender now!? Dennis insisted.

Nina frowned as she finally caught up with Dennis. ?Why do you have to take that dream so seriously??

?I?ve already told you so many times, Nina! It?s??

A sired from the distance blared. It resounded through the whole city and yells and screams were heard. The eerie echo of the sirens from the other side of the city alarmed Dennis and Nina.

?What?what?s happening?? Nina asked in panic. ?What were the sirens for??

Dennis looked over at the distance where he heard the sirens. He shielded his eyes from the glare of the morning sun and noticed thick, black smoke rising from the east side of the city. He could see the tall buildings burning and fired by bright, yellow beams?coming from Dragonairs that were flying at the sky.

His eyes conveyed the shock and horror as he immediately took Nina?s hand and began to run to the west side of the city and towards the west gate. Civilians walked outside of the shops to look at the massive devastation. At the sight of the army of dragons, they immediately rushed towards the exit, screaming in terror and in alarm.

The sounds of children crying for their mothers were everywhere. People screamed, kicked, and punched their way through the crowd. Agonizing screams of civilians being trampled resounded in Dennis? mind as he and Nina squeezed their way through the crowd.

?Dennis!? Nina called him but it was too loud for him to hear.

Dennis could see the yellow hyper beams of the Dragonairs hit a nearby building. Debris from the building immediately fell down, crushing the people under them. He could hear the explosions of the beams blasting on the asphalt road where civilians and abandoned cars were burned.

The two pushed their way through the crowd, ignoring the odor of burnt flesh and the shrieks of agony. Dennis could finally see the west gate. The white, concrete building was only a few feet away if only he could penetrate the crowd.

?Dennis!? Nina yelled again. He turned around to see her alarmed face and looked up. Three Dragonairs were chasing them, firing beams at the crowd below. He then looked in front of him again and his heart fell into disappointment when he saw that the huge building was closed. It was blocked by huge debris that must have been hurtled by the Dragonair.

Now, he had no choice but to fly up, risking being attacked by the Dragonairs. But he will be ready.

?We?re flying up!? He yelled to Nina.

She nodded affirmatively amidst of the sheer terror of the crowd. She took out her Pok?ball and threw it up in the air. It quickly burst open and white smoke was emitted from it. Out from the smoke came a large, blue Pok?mon covered with white, fluffy clouds. Its wings resembled cotton but they looked solid enough for the Altaria to fly. She caught her falling Pok?ball and looked at Dennis who threw his Pok?ball and released his Charizard.

The two Pok?mon swooped down and let their trainers hop on their backs. They began to fly up when they noticed the three Dragonairs chasing them. The red orbs on their forehead glowed a blood red glow as they chased the two.

?Saito, dragon breath!? Nina yelled, pointing towards the Dragonairs. Her Altaria obeyed as it turned around and emitted a yellowish flame from its mouth and headed towards the Dragonairs at high speed.

The Dragonairs flinched as they were hit by the attack. But soon, they immediately recovered from the attack and continued to chase the two.

?Dragon claw!? Dennis commanded the attack as he held tightly to his Charizard?s back. It obeyed as it stopped in mid air and faced the opposing dragons. Its claws glowed a bright gold color. As the three dragons approached the Charizard, they were immediately slashed by it.

All three Dragonairs immediately fainted and all three fell to the ground.

?Come on, Nina! Before more of them come!? Dennis yelled but Nina was going back to the city. ?Nina! What are you doing??

?I?m going to help the people!? She yelled to Dennis who was getting farther and farther to her.

Dennis swore out loud. ?Havoc, turn around!? Havoc nodded its head as it quickly changed courses and chased Nina. ?Nina! Don?t be stupid!?

It was a while when Nina had landed in front of the blocked west gate. She hopped down Saito?s back and pointed towards the gate. ?Hyper beam!? She yelled. Saito inhaled and arched its head back. It then thrust its head forward, releasing a bright yellow beam towards the door.

A loud explosion followed as Dennis jumped out of his Charizard?s back. He immediately shielded his eyes as small chunks of concrete came flying by. It took only a few seconds for the whole scene to clear up and people started to flock out of the city.

Nina flew up and away from the passing crowd. She didn?t notice a Dragonair coming towards her from behind. Dennis saw this, commanded his Charizard to fly up and launch a flamethrower. Nina noticed the stream of flames heading towards her and immediately swoop down, making the Dragonair miss its attack and at the same time, let the flamethrower attack hit the Dragonair.

Nina realized the situation as the burning Dragonair screeched in agony while heading towards her. She had enough time to attack. ?Dragon breath!? Saito sent out yellowish flames again, blasting the Dragonair away. She flew higher and noticed Dennis holding unto his Charizard?s foot, gasping for air as the people below continued to panic.

?Thanks,? She greeted him with gratitude.

Dennis was wearing a frown when she came by. ?No problem?? He gasped. ?Just doing what I usually do??

Thanks to his Charizard, he managed to climb back on its back. The two quickly sped towards Lavender town, leaving Saffron city, smoldering in ruins. Thick, dark smoke rose from the city and buildings started to collapse. Nina never dared to look back but Dennis had the courage to look behind his shoulder.

?I knew that was going to happen?? He yelled over to Nina, who basically didn?t reply. ?I told you and if I didn?t drag you out of there, we could?ve been dead by now!?

Nina still didn?t reply but concentrated at the tall, building that was rising from the distance. Lavender town was near.

~*~*~*~

?Saffron city is in ruins. The death toll has finally risen to 9,765 dead in Saffron city. More than thousands wounded and hundreds missing from this latest attack. The tragedy was the result of unpredictable and bizarre behavior of Dragonairs from all around the regions of the world. The attacks were never expected to occur in the city themselves since wild Dragonairs are very shy to the presence of hundreds of humans??

Dennis looked away from the television. It was showing a landscape riddled with destroyed buildings, smoldering debris, raging fires, thick smoke, and bloody, charred and crushed bodies. He couldn?t bear to see the television anymore.

The moment Nina and Dennis arrived in Lavender town they immediately headed to the Pok?mon center. So here he is now. Standing next to Nina who was trying to look up at the television since tall people blocked her view. Many of the people were from Saffron city themselves and many others were Lavender town civilians, probably relatives of the people from Saffron city.

Finally, Nina stopped jumping around and followed Dennis, who headed over to an open seat. She sat next to him and noticed his grim expression. ?I guess I owe you an apology??

?Huh?? Dennis replied dazedly.

Nina smiled. ?Remember when you told me that the city was in danger and you I didn?t believe you. I?m sorry I didn?t believe you at the moment??

?Oh that?? Dennis muttered as he looked down at his hands.

Both were silent again, not saying a word to another. There were groans of misery and agony coming from the crowd. People were talking about the attacks and telling each other that no one is safe. Everyone was in an alarmed state.

But then, someone caught Dennis? attention. He noticed someone go inside the Pok?mon center. He recognized the man?s face immediately. The silver eyes of the man gleamed as he looked around and looked at the news. It was unmistakably him. He wore the same dark clothes from last time and his long, red hair was tied.

It made Dennis? blood boil to see the man walk near the civilians then look at the news where the reporter was announcing the number of deaths again and showing pictures of the ruins of Saffron city.

Before Dennis could stand up or yell at the person, the red haired man immediately turned away and exited the Pok?mon center quickly. Dennis stood up and was going to follow the man. Nina noticed his sudden actions.

?Dennis! Dennis, where are you going?? She yelled as she squeezed through the crowd, trying to follow Dennis who stormed out of the Pok?mon center. When she did manage to get out of the crowd and out of the Pok?mon center, she immediately saw Dennis running, following someone. She called him once more and made him stop.

?Shh!? Dennis silenced her. ?It?s the guy we saw when we were going to Saffron city!?

Nina looked to where Dennis was supposedly pointing and noticed the red haired man walking along the street charily and calmly. ?Why are you following him??

?Payback for twisting my arm!? He replied almost immediately. ?I can?t let him go after he made me act like an idiot!?

?Dennis!? It was too late. Dennis couldn?t possibly listen to her now but follow the man through the gloomy streets of Lavender town.

The sky was full of thick, gray clouds and the civilians didn?t mind two kids chasing after the man. The streets weren?t as lively as the streets in other cities and there wasn?t a single shop in town except for the trainer shop. People themselves seem to absorb the negative energy of the town.

The two followed the mysterious red haired man through streets and allies. Finally, the man stopped in front of a house just at the edge of Lavender town. Nina and Dennis were hiding behind a near bush, still stalking the man. The man looked from side to side warily and then knocked on the door. After a few seconds, the door opened.

A brown haired woman opened the door. She had a lonely expression on her face and the moment she saw the man, a smile immediately appeared and her expression changed into happiness. The man immediately went inside and the woman closed the door.

?Dennis, I don?t think this is a good idea?? Nina whispered to him. ?I mean, why can?t you just let it go??

?I?m not letting it go!? Dennis yelled infuriately. He then stood up and went away from the bush. Nina followed him as he observed the house. It was a small house that looked old but still neat. The windowpanes were steaming with warmth and the chimney of the house emitted the smoke from the inside.

Dennis clenched his fist and looked back at Nina. She was obviously concerned and she knows that no one is going to stop Dennis now.

To be continued...

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    Yay, I know who the girl from the dream is!! ^^
    Cool chapter oni!! the Dragons are killing alot of people O_o
    Cant wait to read more ^^

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    So this is your next major fanfiction? It's pretty good even though I'm too lazy to to keep on reading. Just a bit of a problem in the prologue. Why was Yellow able to change her mind so quickly if she's so intent on comitting suicide?

Years
    Blah, I couldn't find a fanfic to go for fanfic of the week so I just decided that my own fanfic should be it...even though it's a bit unfair for others, I had no choice.

Congrats to Oni for being a three-time fanfic of the week winner... (XD ROFLMAO)

Years
    Blah...fluff...

Chapter 11

Dennis felt a trickle on his nose. He looked up and noticed that it was drizzling. The soft rumble of thunder came from afar. He looked over at Nina who looked at him with concern.

?Dennis, we should go back now. I don?t want us to get in trouble!? She pleaded. However, everything was too late. Nothing could change Dennis? mind. He was stubborn as ever.

?I?m not just going to give up Nina when I already went this far.? He then walked to the side of the house. ?Come on. Let?s see what?s inside.?

Nina followed him even though she didn?t really want to. The two walked along the side of the house, leaping over bushes and peering through steam filled windows. It was cold outside. Dennis started to notice frost coming out of his mouth as he breathed. When the two reached the back of the house, they noticed that it was a kitchen.

Dennis wiped off the steam with his trembling fist. He peered through the window along with Nina as drops of water dropped down the pane. Inside, he saw the red haired man and the woman that they saw earlier. The man was talking while the woman was listening intently. She had a saddened look on her face.

Occasionally, the woman would look at the window and that?s when Nina and Dennis would duck in order to be not seen. Dennis was now shivering. He rubbed his hands together in order to keep them warm. Nina, who wasn?t wearing clothes fit for the area, was trembling uncontrollably. Dennis looked over at the window once more and noticed that the man and the woman were now gone.

The sounds of voices were heard at the front of the house. Then, the sounds of footsteps patting on the damp ground were heard and were followed by a door closing. Dennis immediately stood up despite he was shivering.

?Come on, Nina!?

Nina tried to stand up but all she could do was shiver uncontrollably. She had to wait for Dennis to help her up. She tried to follow Dennis but her feet started to numb. ?Dennis, wait for me!? She called him.

Dennis groaned as he turned around to get Nina. He placed Nina?s arm around him as he helped her walk. But before they could take another step, they heard a voice behind them.

?What are you two doing here?? The woman began in a demanding voice.

Nina and Dennis turned around to see the same woman who talked to the red haired man a while ago. She was clearly angry and she placed her hands on both of her hips. She was wearing a white blouse under a blue apron.

?You two were peering inside a while ago. Explain.? She demanded.

Dennis opened his mouth ready to explain but his voice immediately trailed off when the drizzle started to get stronger. The woman?s anger quickly subsided and turned into concern. She looked up above and then at the two.

?Well what are you two waiting for? Come in before the rain becomes stronger!?

Speechless, Dennis helped Nina walk up the steps to the backdoor of the house. The woman followed them as they went inside the warm, comfy kitchen. She pointed them to sit down on one of the three chairs encompassing a round table.

Dennis helped Nina sit down as he noticed the woman quickly exit the kitchen. He then sat next to her on one of the chairs. The woman returned in the kitchen carrying thick, warm blankets. She handed them each a blanket, helping Nina with hers.

?Do you kids want anything? Hot chocolate or something??

Dennis and Nina shook their heads. Dennis placed the blanket around him at the same time. He looked around the kitchen, noticing pots and pans and the clean surface of the white, tiled counter. Water was boiling in a kettle, making it whistle loudly above the flaming stove on the corner.

The woman quickly turned off the flaming stove and took the kettle and poured steaming water in a mug. She then took the mug and walked slowly towards the two. She sat in front of them and sipped from the mug. A string was hanging from the mug, indicating that there was tea. After she finished drinking, she placed the mug on top of the table.

?So, why were you kids peeking?? She asked them with a stern look on her face.

Nina was the first to reply. ?I?m really sorry, ma?am. You see, my friend here was stalking that man who came here and??

?Nina!? Dennis interrupted her.

The woman looked at them sternly. ?Stalking? You were stalking??

?He was. I was trying to stop him but he wouldn?t listen to me?? Nina replied as she crossed her arms in order to get warm. ?I?m really sorry, ma?am.?

The woman eyed Dennis suspiciously, who just looked over at the side, ignoring her. ?So you?re Dennis??

Dennis quickly jerked his head towards her with a shocked expression. ?How did you know my name??

The woman smiled as she stroked her hair. ?Your friend was yelling at you when she was leaving behind.? She laughed. ?So, Dennis. What was your actual intention??

He didn?t reply but instead turned around again, ignoring the woman.

?You?re so stubborn,? The woman laughed. ?I expect that from trainers these days.? She then turned over to Nina. ?So you were saying that you two were following the man who visited me??

Nina nodded. ?We were. Who was he??

The woman smiled. She stroked her long, dark brown hair once more. ?He?s?he?s the closest person I know??

?Your husband??

?No?? She sighed. ?I love him?but we?re not married yet.?

Nina fell silent but then she immediately asked another question. ?We saw him when we were going to Saffron city and??

??And he was there?I know. By the way, we haven?t introduced ourselves properly. I?m Blue.? She then pointed towards Nina. ?And if I?m not mistaken, you?re Nina?? She moved her finger towards Dennis. ??And you?re Dennis.?

Nina had to nudge Dennis since he was lost in thought. Dennis snapped out of his trance immediately. ?What? Oh, yeah. Dennis, that?s me. Dennis Oak??

Blue looked at Dennis even more suspiciously. ?Dennis?Oak?? She muttered under her breath.

?My name bothering you lady?? Dennis rudely interjected.

Blue snapped out of her thinking position and looked up at Dennis. ?Hm? Oh, no, not at all. It?s just that your name sounds very familiar. Say, Dennis. Are you from Pallet town??

Dennis looked at her rashly. ?Yeah, why?d you ask??

A wide smile immediately spread around Blue?s face. ?I knew it! I knew it! You?re her son!?

?Whose son??

?Yellow?s kid! I can?t believe it, it?s you!? Blue exclaimed as she lunged forward to see Dennis eye to eye.

Dennis looked at her as if she was a deranged woman. ?Listen lady, you?re kinda freaking me out right now??

?Oh, right. I?m sorry?? Blue kept smiling as she returned to her seat.

Nina looked at Blue. ?Do you?do you know Dennis? parents?? She asked.

?Know them? Of course I do! I knew them ever since I was a kid myself! I was there when??

Dennis interrupted her before she could utter another word. ?Hey, lady. Do you have a kid who lives here?? Dennis was pointing to a picture that was held by a magnet on the surface of the refrigerator, which was on one corner of the kitchen.

?Dennis!? Nina yelled before she could scold him of his rude interjection.

Blue?s cheerful expression immediately changed from glee to sorrow. ?No, no. It?s okay, Nina. He?s right?I?I do have a daughter??

?Is she a trainer?? Dennis asked immediately.

She shook her head and wiped a tear that was about to stream down her eye. ?No, no?? She let out a small sob. ?She doesn?t want to be a trainer?? She took out her handkerchief from her pocket on her apron.

?Then what happened to her?? Dennis insisted.

?Dennis! Stop asking her questions!? Nina pulled Dennis? sleeve. She then faced the woman who was about to burst into tears. ?I?m sorry, Blue. Dennis is really??

?It?s fine,? She sniffed as she wiped tears. ?My daughter was kidnapped by one of those dragon armies?? She sighed and then continued. ?That?s why the man you saw was so intent on finding her. To tell you the truth, I loved that man before but he never loved me back. He just found me for comfort?and that?s all. But when he knew that I was pregnant with his daughter, he changed?? Her voice trailed off.

Before Nina or Dennis could say another word, she continued. ?He cared for her and he grew to accept my love for him. But he never really wanted to get married even though I pleaded. But when our daughter was kidnapped, he was enraged?and he wanted to get her back??

Silence pervaded the room. The rain was pouring outside. The water tapped loudly on the panes of the window. Steam covered the windows and water began to form on the surface.

?He hated himself for letting that happen??

?I?m sorry?? Nina whispered. ?We?we shouldn?t have followed him??

But then, Blue smiled again after she wiped her final tears. ?No, everything is fine.? Her smile immediately overcame the sadness that clung in the kitchen. ?So would you two like to stay here for the night??

?I wouldn?t?? Dennis began but Nina immediately disrupted him.

?Sure, Blue! We?d love to!? She was wearing a wide smile herself as she replied.

Blue stood up and placed her handkerchief back in her pocket. ?That would be great! I?ll ready the beds??

Dennis was already talking to Nina before Blue could finish the sentence. ?Nina, I?m not staying with this weird woman!?

Overhearing this, Blue stood in front of Dennis. ?My, my, Dennis. Your mother wouldn?t be so proud if she heard you say that!?

?Look, lady. I?m really not into sleepovers anymore and??

?When you were a baby, Dennis, you were so cute. But now you?ve grown up, you?re very, very coarse.? Blue smirked.

Dennis blushed as Nina giggled. ?Shut up, lady!?

?Don?t call me lady!?

?I call you what I want to call you!?

?Don?t you have any respect for your mother?s best friend??

?I never knew my mom had a best friend!?

Nina was caught in the middle of the battle of words as she smiled weakly. It was as if the two knew each other before. Blue had an expression of anger mixed with happiness. It was as if she was going to laugh at Dennis at any moment.

~*~*~*~

?Is Dennis always like that?? Blue asked Nina as she spread the covers on the bed of the guest room. ?He?s so coarse. He?s never like his mother.?

?Oh?he?s always like that. But he used to be a bit kinder before?? Nina replied. ?I missed that Dennis back then?? Nina was sitting on one of the two beds in the guest room. She was wearing pajamas that Blue lent her and Dennis was in the bathroom. The shower can be clearly heard. ?Blue??

?Yep??

?What was your daughter?s name?? She asked her.

Blue sighed as she finally set the pillow on top of the bed. ?Her name is Alyssa.?

?What about her father?? Nina questioned. ?That man that was here before??

Blue smiled. ?His name?s Silver. He might not look like it but he?s very kind.? Blue walked towards the door. ?Now, I?m going off to sleep. You kids don?t do anything stupid, okay??

?Okay!? Nina smiled back with a small giggle.

Blue immediately went outside of the room, leaving Nina alone. She immediately moved towards her bed and tucked her self. She looked up in the ceiling, wide-eyed, and awake. She couldn?t sleep but just waited for Dennis to finish.

She heard the creaking of the faucet and the water ceasing. After a few minutes, she heard the door open and Dennis came out with his pajamas. He noticed that she was still awake.

?Not sleepy?? He muttered as he walked towards his bed.

?No?? Came Nina?s reply. ?I?m not sleepy at all??

A long pause was followed as she heard Dennis pulling the covers away and then she heard him walk towards the light switch.

?Nina?? He began.

She looked towards him and she had a stern look on his face. ?Yeah??

?Nina?I want you stop following me.? Dennis demanded. ?I don?t want you following me around ruining my opportunities.?

?Ruining your opportunities? Since when did I do that?? Nina?s voice rose as she sat up from the bed.

?Today! You were always slow and you almost got us killed when you went back to Saffron just to blow up that gate!?

Nina scowled. ?Don?t you think that there were people there? If I didn?t blow up that gate, many people would?ve been killed!?

?I know that but why do you have to go back just to save them?? Dennis insisted. ?You serve no purpose in my life Nina. Ever since you?ve decided to stop going into the League, you just made me think that you were nothing in my life now.?

Nina was shocked to hear what Dennis was saying. ?Dennis?I?m your best friend?I?m not just some battle rival??

?You?re missing the point, Nina!? Dennis yelled. ?You are my rival. I have no friends and I only have rivals. Get it??

?So that?s the main reason why you hated me? That was it? Just because I?m not your rival anymore?? She yelled back. ?Dennis, no matter what, I?m still traveling with you!?

?Nina, leave me alone. You?re just some person I carry around. You slow me down especially when you have to drag Vincent with us! If you like him so much, why don?t you go with him and not me??

Nina had to not say another word. She couldn?t basically believe that her best friend in the world?would find her useless. Such harsh words were basically not human or true. She simply lay down again and closed her eyes tightly. She heard the lights being turned off and then she heard Dennis slipping back into his bed.

?I?m still going to follow you, Dennis!? She muttered out loud. ?I know you?re not the Dennis I know before. I?ll get it out of you someday!?

?Whatever?? His reply was in a soft mutter.

She was confident that someday, Dennis would return to his old self rather than this. If only she could say it to him?

To be continued...

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    thats a strange turn...suddenly a big bunch of other characters from the manga appear and woness XD not 2 bad...it seems nina is really trying to...how should i say it...win...denny boy bak XD

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    i have a feeling this will eventually hav 1 of these 2 quotes
    Nino: "...Dennis do...do you...love me?" or "dennis...i...i...lo...Dennis I love you"
    XD

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    This fic gets better and better!
    Dragons destroying cities, showing Blue in the story. Has a daughter with Silver eh? Sweet! Gotta go find her soon :\
    Very moving fic. Dennis needs to lighten up around Nina. He's giving her the cold shoulder :tired:

Years
    New chapter after a conflict with Microsoft Word... XP

Chapter 12

?Are you two leaving already?? Blue asked as Dennis walked over to the door once he exited the guest room. The guest room was just next to the door leading outside. It was still dark and Dennis had already woken up. He was walking quietly and reaching for the handle when Blue suddenly greeted him. ?It?s not even bright outside, Dennis??

Dennis faced Blue. He had a shocked expression and was holding his finger in front of his lips. ?Nina?s sleeping!? He whispered loudly enough for Blue to hear.

?Oh so you?re sneaking away from her!? She exclaimed loudly. She was sitting comfortably on her sofa facing a curtained window. A mug of steaming tea was in her hands.

Dennis frowned. ?Listen, lady. She slows me down and she?s really annoying!?

?I think she?s sweet,? Blue replied after drinking her tea. She lowered her mug, closed her eyes and sighed. ?So she?s just a rival to you, huh, Dennis??

?What??

She continued on after she opened her eyes. ?To you, that sweet girl is just a tool to make you stronger. Am I right, Dennis??

Dennis couldn?t move his lips. He stared at her with shock.

?Speechless?? A wide smirked crept on Blue?s face. ?What kind of person are you, Dennis? Neither Yellow nor Green act how you act.?

Dennis? shock melted away as Blue continued. ?You overheard us last night, huh??

Blue sipped her tea once more. She lowered it and replied, ?Of course I did. You two were loud. I was afraid you two would catch attention to the whole town.?

Dennis paused and looked outside. He noticed that morning was fast approaching. ?Listen, lady. I have to go now and I don?t want you making me feel??

?Was I making you guilty, Dennis? Or did you made yourself feel guilty?? A sly grin appeared on Blue?s face. ?I feel sorry for Yellow for having a son like you. She really expected you to be??

?Look, I?m not some stupid?whatever! I do care for my family and??

?Aren?t you friends your family?? Blue interrupted him.

Silence spread throughout the room. Blue closed her eyes and sipped her tea quietly as he stood there, gripping his fists. Blue lowered her mug and looked at the framed pictures on the wall. There were pictures of her daughter, a smiling, dark brown haired girl, full of energy. Then, she eyed Dennis. ?So aren?t you leaving??

Dennis quickly turned around and held the knob. He twisted it and opened the door. ?I am now??

~*~*~*~

Blue was humming softly as she was cooking breakfast. The aroma of eggs and bacon filled the air as she flipped bacon with a spatula. She looked beyond the window. The damp grass outside flourished with the colorful flowers along the road. She heard footsteps heading to the kitchen.

It was Nina. She yawned as she entered the kitchen and stretched her arms. ?Blue, did you see Dennis?? She asked her as she sat on one of the chairs.

?Dennis? Oh, he left early?? Blue replied cheerily while she slipped the bacon and eggs into a plate.

?He left?? Nina suddenly exclaimed. She immediately stood up but Blue asked her to sit down.

?Don?t worry about your friend. I know he?s not very far. It?s going to rain again later and I?m sure he?s coming back. She smiled as she set the dishes on the table.

Nina looked at her in confusion while Blue moved towards one of the drawers to get a fork. ?But what if he?s not coming back??

Blue shrugged as she placed the fork on the dish. ?I?m sure he?ll come back here. It?s weird but my intuition tells me that he?ll be back.?

~*~*~*~

Dennis noticed something wrong in Lavender town. People were every, panicking and all over the streets. Children were crying and women were screaming. Men yelled as they heaved their belongings. He noticed that he was caught in the middle of the great confusion.

He asked a passing woman what?s happening but the woman simply ignored him. He asked another passerby but everyone simply ignored him. Dennis needed to know what was happening. He continued walk along the streets until he noticed a television store, which had its televisions on. He tried to hear the announcer in midst of the noise.

?Newsflash! This just in! It has been confirmed that a second army of Pok?mon was seen attacking a group of hikers just above Lavender town! The second army was said to be composed of vicious fighting type Machops. Beware for they are quickly moving south towards Lavender town itself. It is best that civilians must continue evacuating!?

Dennis? eyes widened. He couldn?t believe a second army of Pok?mon has appeared. The first thing that he wanted to do was to go south immediately. But something stopped him. Nina?s face flashed in his mind, which made him stop in his tracks.

?No I?m not saving her. She can take care of herself. Besides, she was the champion?? Dennis thought to himself. But the urging to warn her was unavoidable. ?Okay, I?ll just tell her that an army is coming that way?that?s it?? He quickly turned to the opposite direction and ran up north.

He stood out from the crowd since he was the only one running up north while the rest of the people were walking down south.

~*~*~*~

?You were right about the weather, Blue?? Nina sighed as she looked up at the now gloomy sky. The sun was completely covered by thick, gray clouds. She looked from the inside of the house.

?It?s going to rain soon, huh?? Blue smiled as she joined Nina looking outside. ?This reminded me back then when I used to be a trainer myself and I loved to fly with the clouds??

Nina nodded as she continued to stare out at the cloudy sky. It began to drizzle softly outside. The rain softly patted on the window?s pane. As Nina breathed, the window?s pane was covered by steam from her breath.

?Blue??

?Yes??

?Did you?did you overhear us last night?? Nina asked her timidly as she drew on the windowpane with her finger.

Blue smiled as she faced her. ?Let?s just forget about what happened to you two last night, okay??

A small smile crept up on Nina?s face. ?Okay??

As she replied, a loud thud was heard from outside. Blue immediately stood straight as she looked over at the kitchen. ?What was that?? She muttered.

Nina stood along side Blue as she began to move towards the kitchen. A crash was heard. Then the sounds of multiple Pok?mon followed. The two of them looked through the windows of the kitchen and were shocked to see wild Machops scurrying around, destroying anything that they can see along the way. Some of the short, muscular, gray Pok?mon started the assault on house, punching it, creating cracks on the walls.

Before they knew it, a rock came crashing from a nearby window. Nina was about to scream but Blue immediately placed her hand over her mouth, blocking the screaming.

?Something?s happening?? Blue muttered as she released Nina.

?What?what is?? Nina was stammering and trembling in fear.

?I don?t know yet?but this is serious. You have Pok?mon with you, right?? She asked her as she herself took out a Pok?ball.

Nina nodded and looked at the clear red part of the Pok?ball. In it, she could see a large Blastoise, awaiting Blue?s command at any moment. She took out her own Pok?ball from her pocket and readied herself even though she was trembling in fear right now.

?I see someone over there?it?s?it?s a kid?? Blue muttered as she peered through the shattered window.

Beyond the rampaging Machops, she could see a boy standing with his arms folded. It seems as if the boy was controlling the Machops since they weren?t attacking him. More Machops came from behind the boy.

?It couldn?t be?? Blue gasped. She gripped her Pok?ball tightly.

?Huh?? Nina looked at Blue who had a shocked appearance.

Blue shook her head and muttered about having imaginations. ?Okay, Nina, I?ll attack up front and you back me up on the sides, got it?? She said while she faced Nina. ?We?re going to get over there to that boy. I bet he?s the one behind this??

Nina nodded her head affirmatively. She gripped her Pok?ball tightly as Blue moved towards the door. She followed her there.

?Ready??

With another nod, Blue quickly opened the door and threw her Pok?ball at a high speed. The sphere immediately emitted white smoke and out from the smoke came out her large, blue turtle Pok?mon. The Machops saw this and didn?t hesitate to attack Blue?s Blastoise.

?Toise-Chan, hydro pump and walk forward!? Blue commanded viciously while her Pok?ball returned to her hand.

With a fierce roar, her Blastoise sent out two powerful blasts of water towards the advancing fighting Pok?mon. The blasts of water sent back the Machops and caused some to hit other Machops, making them faint due to the powerful force.

?Nina, back me up!? Blue yelled as her Blastoise began to walk. Blue followed her lumbering Blastoise and Nina followed behind her.

?Right!? Nina yelled as she threw her Pok?ball, releasing her Raichu. Her Raichu growled as the electric buildup caused its orange fur to rise. Its ears twitched and it lashed its long, slim tail as it awaited a command. ?Thunder bolt!?

With a violent growl, the orange mouse Pok?mon strained its small arms and sent out yellow bolts of electricity that trailed the ground and hit the incoming Machops. They uttered out screams of pain as the attacks hit multiple targets.

?Keep firing, Toise-Chan,? Blue yelled making her Blastoise fire more hydro pumps. ?We?re almost there!?

The two and their Pok?mon continued to lumber their way towards the boy at the distance. Blue could now see who it was and it confirmed her fears.

The boy wore a vivid red bandana with his jet-black bangs protruding down his forehead. He wore a very intimidating smirk. He had an open dark blue jacket on top of his black shirt. His denim pants were soiled with dirt and grass stains and his shoes were caked with mud.

Blue stared at the figure in horror. ?Derek! Derek, what?what are you doing here? Where?s Alyssa?? She yelled as her Blastoise continued to fire its attacks.

Derek didn?t reply but continued to smirk. His eyes were dull as he gazed at Blue?s Blastoise, not even fearful of an attack.

?Do you know him, Blue?? Nina yelled while Sergio continued its relentless attack on the fighting Pok?mon that trailed behind them.

Blue ignored Nina and continued to talk with Derek. ?Derek! Where were you from? And where?s Alyssa?? Blue didn?t notice that numerous Machops that have formed in front of her Blastoise.

The Machops leapt immediately the moment her Blastoise was off guard. They punched and kicked and made her Blastoise roar in pain.

?Toise-Chan!? Blue yelled when she noticed her Pok?mon being attacked. ?Hydro pump!? But it was too late. Her Blastoise collapsed while the Machops continued on with their reckless attacks.

?Blue!?

That was the Machops? chance. While Nina was off guard, they attacked Sergio frantically. When she realized what was happening, the two of them were surrounded. Nina was about to take out her other Pok?balls but the Machops quickly lunged forward and held Nina down with their combined weight. She screamed in pain as they started to hold her arms.

The Machops growled fiercely as they surrounded the two. Blue was still trying to reach Derek who was still smiling dementedly as he approached the two. ?Derek! Snap out of it!?

When Blue realized that Nina was down, she tried to take out her other Pok?balls too but the Machops also immediately tackled her. All hope seems lost when Blue was held down to the ground face down. She could hear Derek?s muddy shoes stop in front of her.

Next to her, Nina screamed in pain as the Pok?mon tightened their grip. Blue tried to talk to Derek once more but she noticed that he wasn?t the Derek she knew. A smile of satisfaction replaced the sneer. His eyes suddenly turned into demonic and his face was pale.

She knew at once that she was doomed. But when all hope seems lost?a familiar voice was heard.

?Nina! Nina, where are you?? Dennis yelled off into the distance.

Dennis was panting as he stopped and looked at the colossal army of Machops.

?Dennis, over here!? Nina screamed in midst of her pain.

Blue struggled to look over at Dennis who took out his Pok?ball. He threw it, releasing his Dragonite. The dragon dwarfed the army of Machops but they still had the instinct to attack. They growled as they leapt towards Dennis? Dragonite.

?Fury, dragon claw!? He yelled, pointing to the vast army of Machops.

Fury?s claws glowed and then slashed the advancing Machops fiercely, flinging some to others. Blue noticed that Derek?s expression immediately turned into anger. Derek pointed towards Dennis? Dragonite and immediately, more Machops crowded under it.

?Fly up, Fury!? Dennis yelled.

Next, Dennis took out another Pok?ball while kicking down a few Machops trying to hold him down. He threw it up in the air, releasing his Charizard, Havoc in midair. Havoc swooped down, grabbing Dennis by his shoulders and then helped him go on its back.

?Fury, use hyper beam over there!? He yelled, pointing to the Machops following them.

Fury obeyed and fired a hyper beam towards the Machops, annihilating some of the advancing Machops. However, the others continued to move forward, leaping over their fallen comrades.

Havoc swooped down towards Nina and Blue. Dennis immediately tore away the Machops that were holding Blue and Nina down when he was able to reach though them and knocked down Derek by throwing a Machop at him.

Nina stood up immediately, returned her fainted Raichu and took out another Pok?ball and released her Flareon. Blue returned her Blastoise, too but watched Nina combat the Machops that were going to attack them.

?Cedric, use fire spin to shield us!? She yelled. The fury, fire Pok?mon obeyed as it spewed out flames from its mouth, and completely surrounding Nina and Blue in a wall of fire. The Machops screamed in agony since some were caught within the flames and some other tried to leap in but were burnt.

?Good defense?? Blue muttered as she looked up in the sky where Dennis was still fighting the Machops below.

Loud explosions were heard and were followed by screams of pain by the Machops. Blue could see Derek?s silhouette from the other side of the flame wall and look up at Dennis. At the site of him, he saw his shadow immediately run away. Then, she heard the Machops following him.

?Bring down the fire spin!? Blue yelled to Nina.

Nina nodded and commanded Cedric to lower down the defensive wall. The firewall deteriorated, revealing hundreds of bodies strewn across the ground. Blue immediately ran to where she thought Derek ran.

?Blue? Blue, where are you going?? Nina yelled as she followed her.

Dennis, confused to what was happening, returned Fury and used Havoc to follow the two. It was after a few minutes when Blue realized that Derek had disappeared. She stopped in her tracks, panting, drenched with sweat and dirty.

?Blue!? Nina yelled as she finally caught up with her. ?Blue, why?why were you following that kid??

Blue didn?t reply as she continued gasp for air. Dennis landed next to them and immediately returned Havoc.

?Blue?tell me what?s happening?? Nina pleaded at the silenced Blue. ?Please??

A long silence followed but Blue managed to talk. ?That boy?Derek?he?he was abducted along with my daughter?? Her voice trembled as she tried to explain. ?He?he was my daughter?s best friend?and?? Blue?s voice immediately trailed off as she fell on her knees, tears streaming down her dirty face.

?If he was the one kidnapped, what was he doing here?? Dennis questioned Blue as he walked next to her.

?I don?t know?? Blue sobbed. ?I don?t know?I?I have the feeling that my daughter is hurt somewhere?seeing Derek?he isn?t that same boy that I?ve met before?he?s changed?he?s different??

?What do you mean?? Nina asked her as she knelt down with Blue. ?Blue, what do you mean??

Blue tried to reply but her words ended up getting choked by her tears. Before she could say more, footsteps were heard behind them. Dennis and Nina quickly turned to the figure that was standing behind them. It was Silver.

?You! You?re Silver!? Nina exclaimed, pointing at the red haired man. At the sound of his name, Blue immediately turned around to see him. She stood up and threw her arms around him. He wrapped his arms gently around her as she continued to cry.

Dennis remained silent even though he?d want to take revenge on the man he started to hate.

?Why are you crying?? He whispered softly to her ear. ?What happened??

?Silver?? Blue sobbed. ?Oh, Silver?? She couldn?t bring herself to tell him what just happened?or at least the consequence that she had just realized.

To be continued...

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Wow! Very good chapter! Evil Machops! Beat em up!
    Nice seeing Nina's Raichu kick some butt :D
    Looks like Derek is under some evil control. Like Green was in TOLAF.
    Dennis fought well to keep the Machops at bay
    Cant wait for more^^

Years
    New chapter.. O_O

Chapter 13

?I thought you weren?t coming back, Dennis.? Nina muttered as she broke the silence between her and Dennis. They were back in Blue?s home. She was sitting on the sofa while Dennis was standing up, facing the window.

He looked outside at the land outside, strewn with charred and mutilated bodies of Pok?mon. Craters from the hyper beams were present and the land was blackened with ash. Smoke rose from some of the bodies and the road was completely desolated and disfigured.

Dennis sighed and continued to look out at the window as he replied. ?I wanted to tell you guys that those things were coming but I guess I was too late??

?Sure you were?? Nina interrupted him sarcastically. ?You were worried about me, weren?t you??

?No I wasn?t??

?Yes you were?? She smiled as she stood up from the sofa and approached Dennis. ?You were worried Dennis. I?m so glad you still thought of me!?

Dennis groaned, ignoring Nina?s smile. He continued to look outside and was now joined with Nina.

?So, this means that I can travel with you again, huh?? Nina asked him happily. Her hopes were high this time. Either way, if Dennis won?t allow her, she could still follow him.

?No?? His reply came swift. ?No you?re not.?

?Oh yes I will?? Nina teased him but he seems to be serious. ?C?mon Dennis. Be a good guy and let me??

??Nina, even though I helped you out, I still don?t want you following me around. It?s best you just stay here and just leave me alone.?

She remained silent after those words. She could see his angry glare looking off towards the distance. He was really serious this time. She tried to find the right words to plead?but?there wasn?t anything that she could say. She felt that following him against his will, would make him more violent due to his state now?

?Fine then?? She whispered. ?I?m staying here?Dennis?I?I?m not going to follow you anymore?? She looked down solemnly, hoping to make him change his mind?but it didn?t?

~*~*~*~

?So, it was Derek who controlled the swarms?? Silver confirmed as he sat down with Blue in the kitchen.

Blue had a solemn expression and dried tears were all over her face. She nodded to Silver?s question. ?Silver?there?there was something different about him. He?he didn?t look like the Derek we know. I?I just have this feeling that our daughter is somewhere, hurt?? Tears burst from her eyes once more as she trailed off into silence.

Silver looked down and clenched his fist. ?This was all my fault?? He muttered under his breath. ?I?I couldn?t have believed him??

??Silver, that was before. I?I don?t want you to blame yourself because of that?? Blue pleaded, her tears still streaming down her face. She held his tight fist gently. ?Silver?please?don?t make this a burden to yourself??

Nina stood against the wall as she listened to the conversation. She was about to tell them that Dennis had just left but upon hearing the conversation, she stopped and waited. She peeked inside the kitchen and saw Silver, facing away from her. Blue was crying while she held Silver?s hand.

It was after a few seconds when Nina realized that Blue was looking at her. Nina gasped, as she was about to withdraw but Blue motioned her to sit with them. Nina walked to the table, trembling and shaking. She looked at Blue, who was now smiling and then at Silver who simply looked down. His long, red hair was tied behind him and his dark clothes made him have an ominous look. Nina sat down next to Blue and stayed silent.

?So you?re Nina?? Silver began. He then raised his head to meet Nina?s startled eyes.

Nina gulped and nodded slowly and steadily. ?Y?yes?? She stammered in reply.

??And your friend, Dennis?? Silver looked at Nina sternly, which made her even more nervous.

?De?Dennis? He left a while ago. I?I wanted to tell you guys that?? She stammered and tried not to look away from Silver?s glittering eyes.

Silver nodded and then faced Blue. ?You said Dennis is Yellow?s son, right? That blonde haired boy??

Blue nodded. ?He?even though he doesn?t act like her, he?s still her son?? She whispered solemnly. ?Do you think?Silver?do you think he?s going to?get him??

Silver sighed and then leaned back. He massaged his temples with his fingers and looked down. ?I don?t know, Blue?I don?t know??

Nina looked at both of them. They both had stern faces and seemed to be worried about Dennis more than their daughter right now. ?Wait?? Nina began. ?Why are you two worrying about Dennis? He?s not going to get hurt?is he??

Silver glanced at Nina and then looked back down. ?It all depends if he couldn?t control himself??

?What?s that supposed to mean? I know he?s a bit immature but?I don?t want him getting hurt??

He smirked in reply. ?Then why did you let him go? The most stubborn of nails can still be bent with a hammer??

?What??

?Let?s just?not talk about this for a while.? Blue interrupted them both, changing the subject. ?So, Nina?are you going to stay with us for a while??

Nina shook her head. ?No?I?ll have to go in a while??

?Are you going after him?? Silver asked all of the sudden.

Nina sighed and griped her fists. ?I don?t know if he?ll like it??

~*~*~*~

?Good news everyone! The attacks have subsided! Both the Dragonairs armies and the Machop armies have disappeared from Kanto. Oddly enough, none of the Pok?mon have returned from their natural habitats, so another attack from the swarms might be still possible??

Dennis ignored the good news and continued walking. Now free from Nina?s exasperating nagging, he can now go back to his regular training. His destination was south of Lavender town. He?ll train down there then go to Fuchsia city where he can stay for a while.

He walked silently, ignoring the unsocial crowd of Lavender town. He continued traveling south until he reached the south end of the town. He looked towards the sea route that was lined with ramps for the trainers? convenience. It looked calm and placid.

He walked along the ramps, steadily and cautiously as he looked at his side. The cool waters reflected his appearance and the rays of the afternoon sun. He continued walking, seeing a group of Tentacools passing by in the water. The blue jellyfish Pok?mon swam gracefully with the group.

Dennis continued to look south and towards the never-ending sea. He stopped and closed his eyes. He sighed as the gentle sea breeze blew through his sandy blonde hair. The sweet smell of the brisk, salty ocean breeze was all too familiar of home. The sound of something flying from above made him open his eyes. Looking up, he tried to find the source of the sound. He found nothing in the sky except for fluffy, white clouds floating gently across the big blue.

He turned around, hoping that he will see signs of what passed him but saw nothing except Lavender town?s radio tower reaching up to the clouds. But then, he heard the light tapping of footsteps from behind him. Someone just jumped. He quickly turned around to see a familiar smile.

?Dennis! Where were you?? Vincent greeted, grinning. His Fearow was floating on top of him, flapping its wings noiselessly. With a flick of Vincent?s wrist, his Fearow immediately returned to its Pok?ball and it bounced back into his hand.

Dennis glared at Vincent with uttermost loathing. He gripped his fist tightly that his nails began to dig into his sweaty palms.

?What?s up with that look?oh?still angry at me, huh?? Vincent spoke coolly and calmly. ?Dennis, where?s Nina?? He realized this since there wasn?t anyone greeting him.

Dennis began to walk again and immediately passed Vincent. He ignored him even though he managed to catch up.

?Dude, where?s Nina? You don?t have to ignore me you know??

?Why do you have to get in my way?? Dennis yelled as he stopped and grabbed Vincent?s shirt immediately. ?Just get out of my life?? He released him, turned around and continued walking. However, Vincent continued to follow him.

?I?m just asking where Nina is,? Vincent pleaded as he tried to catch up with him.

?She?s back in Lavender town!? He snapped at him. ?Just go there, get her and leave me alone!?

Vincent recoiled thinking that Dennis might snap his head off. ?Geez, you didn?t have to scream at me?? He muttered. He then turned around to the opposite direction. But then, he was reminded by something. ?Hey, Dennis,?

?What?? Dennis snapped quickly.

?Have you heard about those new swarms??

Dennis stopped in his tracks.

?It?s weird since they appeared two days ago and then attacked this morning. And then, they just disappeared.? Vincent smirked. ?Weird, huh??

Dennis turned around and glared at Vincent. ?And your point is??

Vincent folded his arms. ?Dennis, I was just worried that you and Nina were caught in those attacks?and I guess I?m wrong??

Dennis groaned and then turned around quickly in order to get away from him. Vincent, however, continued to follow him.

Dennis ignored him as he continued to walk. His feet clomped on the wooden platforms of the route. Below them, the water splashed on the wooden poles supporting the platforms.

?Giving me the silent treatment, huh?? Vincent snickered. But then, he reverted his course. He quickly turned around and faced Lavender town. ?Say Dennis, where did you say Nina was??

?Lavender town! Just go up north and leave me alone!?

Vincent shrugged and started to walk up north again. ?Hope to see you in the League, Dennis. Don?t get killed!? Vincent teased as he walked on to the opposite direction.

Soon, Vincent?s footsteps weren?t heard anymore. The only thing Dennis could hear was his own clomping step while he continued to go south to Fuchsia city. His journey continued until the sun was now coming to the east. The sky that was to the west was turning purple and the clouds there were reflecting the sun?s beautiful rays.

Dennis paid no attention to all of this. He continued walking south and away from the platforms. He reached land and to Fuchsia city is only two days walk. Dennis found himself tired now.

He lay on the grass comfortably, observing the golden sky. The clouds reflected the crimson rays of the sun and the sweet smell of the nearby placid sea soothed him. A deep feeling of nostalgia urged him to think of home. The cool winds blew and the tall grass swayed along with it. A brush on the cheek made Dennis scratch it off. He felt warmth within himself as he watched the brown leaves fly by, carried by the wind. With a sigh, he closed his eyes and he was asleep.

~*~*~*~

He opened his eyes only to greet two solemn, deep, blue eyes looking down at him. He sat up and looked at the light green haired girl peering at him. She sat next to him in the darkness. The girl?s swaddling clothing wrapped around her body aimlessly.

?You?you?re that girl?? Dennis whispered. ?What?what are you doing? Is this a dream??

She shook her head slowly while her eyes remained transfixed to his eyes. Just seeing her eyes made Dennis? uneasiness disappear.

?Then?where am I?? He asked to the girl.

The girl opened her lips slowly. ?You are?inside you?? She whispered in reply. ?This is?inside you?darkness??

?I don?t understand?? Dennis said as he looked at the surroundings?pure darkness. ?What does it mean??

The girl smiled. ?This is just you?Dennis??

Dennis still couldn?t understand but it?s best not to ask her the same question over and over again. He looked back at the smiling girl and realized what had happened from before. ?You?warned me that Saffron was getting attacked?I?I want to thank you??

?No, no?? The girl insisted. ?There is no gratitude needed?? She continued to look at Dennis with her deep, blue eyes.

Dennis scratched his head. ?Wait?why?why are you here, then?? He asked her.

The girl?s smile still remained. ?Because?I wanted to see you, Dennis?? She replied. ?Even though?for centuries, I never had a feeling for a mortal?but?you changed that now??

His eyes widened with shock. He remembered the other thing that happened in his dream. ?You?why did you kiss me before?? Dennis? voice shook as he tried to accept what was happening. ?You said you had feelings for me?that means that??

?I?I?have this feeling for you, Dennis?even though we weren?t meant to be together?mortals should go with mortals while we?we should be left alone?in this world?? Her smile disappeared when she sighed and looked down at her hands. ??Left alone?to watch mortals die?watch them fight?watch them love??

?Wait?there?s more of you?? He asked all of the sudden after he heard the word ?we.?

?I guess?? She whispered.

?And wait?? Dennis interrupted her before she could talk more. ?You?you??

?Yes, I do?Dennis?? She looked at him lovingly with her deep blue eyes. ?When I first saw you in the darkness?when I first saw you walk along my forest?you were a child. The second time?you were different?you?made me have a mortal?s feelings??

Dennis looked at the girl and couldn?t believe what he was hearing. The moment she talked about a forest?he knew immediately what she was. ?You?you?re the spirit of the forest?? He stammered. ?You?re the Viridian forest?s spirit! It?s true?it?s true all along! I can?t believe it!?

The spirit looked at him silently. ?If that?s how mortals put it?? She whispered. ??Dennis??

?Huh??

?Why do mortals love each other??

?What do you mean?? Dennis asked her. He felt her arms move forward and wrap around his body. He could feel her cool, smooth skin as he placed his arm around her.

?What is the reason? Why?do you mortals love each other? I?ve seen so many mortals?kiss each other?embracing each other?and love each other?and yet?I couldn?t find the reason?why they do it??

Dennis looked down at her and she looked back with a questioning stare. ?It?s?kind of hard to explain?? Dennis whispered. ?You see?well?people like each other?because they want to be together and have kids?? Dennis replied with awkwardly. Apparently, his answer was vague because the spirit had a confused look on her face.

?Kids?? She repeated. ??Together??

A small smile spread appeared on Dennis face. ?Well, if you put it that way?? He wasn?t the same battle hungry person with the forest spirit. He simply looked down at her, who looked back at him lovingly. But?how could he love someone such as this? How is he supposed to love something that is mere legend?something that will live on forever, unhindered by time.

?Listen?? Dennis began. ?I know this is a bit harsh?but?I can?t love you back?you see, you?re an immortal and I?m just a guy?and I don?t really know how to love you??

The girl sighed and looked down. ?I see. Me?someone who exists for eternity?my sole purpose?hidden away from me?and you?for only a short period of time?I see now??

Dennis smiled weakly. ?We?re really not meant to be together?I?m sorry?? He then sighed and looked around the heavy darkness that enveloped them. Their echoing voices reverberated into the void. The light trickling of water came from somewhere and echoed. The girl finally released him and sat in front of him.

?By the way, how did you know my name?? Dennis asked her.

The girl paused and then replied after a while of silence. ?Your friends call you that?? She replied to him, meekly and softly. ??You have a word to represent yourself?and yet I?I?do not??

?So you don?t have a name??

?No?? She replied. ?I often hear of the people addressing me as the spirit of the forest?and that is also what you addressed me, too??

Dennis thought for a while as he looked distantly into the dark. ?Wait!? He exclaimed. ?I know. I can give you a name!?

?Truly?? The girl smiled happily.

?Yeah! From now on, I?d call you?? Dennis stroked his hair as he thought of a name. ?I?ll call you?Naomi! Yeah, that?s it!?

A wide smile of glee spread across the face of the girl. ?Naomi?? She repeated. ?What a sweet sounding name??

?I just thought of it from the top of my head?? Dennis smiled. ?So you?you give out powers to babies, right? Is the legend true??

?It is?? Naomi confirmed. ?But?partially??

He looked at her with a confused gaze. ?What do you mean??

?I?I do give out powers?but?someone else does?? Naomi looked down at her smooth, pink hands. Her eyes returned back to their solemn state.

?You mean?someone like you, right?? Dennis asked. ?An immortal?like you.?

Nina nodded. She remained silent for a while. When Dennis tried to ask her more, she refused to reply. She simply shook her head and tried not to look into Dennis? eyes.

?Naomi?please tell me??

She finally spoke after Dennis pleaded more. ?There?is evil?? She simply whispered gravely. ?Good and evil must coexist no matter what?mortals?can be inherently good?or inherently evil??

?Wha???

?There will come another time?when evil and good shall clash. It always happens?everywhere?in every story?in every tale?in every legend?it happens?no matter what. The price is always grave?? Her voice was grave and stern. Her words weighed heavily on Dennis as they sent him to ponder.

?Wait?so?there are people who are really good and they get your powers.? Dennis paused before he could continue then looked straight into Naomi?s eyes. ?Then?there are bad people?who gets someone else?s powers??

Naomi nodded and then stood up. ?I must leave?? She whispered to him.

?Huh? But?? Dennis hesitated as he stood up. ?Naomi, there are so much things I wanted to talk about!?

?I apologize?I can not stay any longer?? She looked directly at Dennis. ?I just?hope that we shall meet again.?

?Wait!? Dennis yelled. He sat up, breathing hard. ?Naomi?? His voice lowered as he noticed he was back in the real world. He looked around?the silent meadow was there ever since he had slept. Only this time, it was morning.

The sounds of chirping filled the air. The growls of busy Pok?mon from the nearby were also heard. The morning fresh breeze brushed through Dennis? face as he rubbed his eyes. It was another morning. As Dennis stood up, he noticed something strange in his surroundings. He looked around and noticed green petals scattered all over the meadow. They were the same petals that came from the flower that he has seen in Saffron city. A deep sense of change and longing bloomed inside him.

To be continued....

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    All I can say is that I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to review this earlier (stupid parents and camping holidays). Anyways - to review:

Well, from what I've read, you seem to type chapters up awfully quick, you went from Chaps 12 - 13 in about 3 days, when it takes me about a week if not more to write a chapter of that sort of length and to proofread it and everything.

The good thing about this is the plot itself - it's very intriguing and it brings you right in. When I read the first chapter, it seemed a bit different to the normal type of trainer fic (which from what I read was what I expected the rest to be), and it's also nice that you include characters from the Manga (I'm assuming that's right... I don't know heads or tails of it).

Now, you asked for a critical review, so that's what this next part is all about. Please don't hate me :(

Your description is very good, but it comes in bucketloads. Lots is very good for the reader as he/she can imagine where the characters are and such, but when you put as much in as you do, it kind of drags away from the story. Also, the way you describe things with colour can be very monotonous at times. There are many different shades of purple, and you will be able to tell the difference if the sky was between amethyst and violet, but the reader can't. It's a pity, as when you do do this, it adds a really nice effect, and can enhance the reader's view of things.

Another thing that strikes me is how quick you are going through the pace. You've done as much in 13 chapters as other people would have done in about 8. There are times when you do seem to rush it. It's good to build character development before delving into the storyline. Remember - a longer fic is always better than a short fic.

Please don't take anything that I say too seriously, as this is just an opinion, and you may think completely different about it.

Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    All I can say is that I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to review this earlier (stupid parents and camping holidays). Anyways - to review:

Well, from what I've read, you seem to type chapters up awfully quick, you went from Chaps 12 - 13 in about 3 days, when it takes me about a week if not more to write a chapter of that sort of length and to proofread it and everything.

The good thing about this is the plot itself - it's very intriguing and it brings you right in. When I read the first chapter, it seemed a bit different to the normal type of trainer fic (which from what I read was what I expected the rest to be), and it's also nice that you include characters from the Manga (I'm assuming that's right... I don't know heads or tails of it).

Now, you asked for a critical review, so that's what this next part is all about. Please don't hate me :(

Your description is very good, but it comes in bucketloads. Lots is very good for the reader as he/she can imagine where the characters are and such, but when you put as much in as you do, it kind of drags away from the story. Also, the way you describe things with colour can be very monotonous at times. There are many different shades of purple, and you will be able to tell the difference if the sky was between amethyst and violet, but the reader can't. It's a pity, as when you do do this, it adds a really nice effect, and can enhance the reader's view of things.

Another thing that strikes me is how quick you are going through the pace. You've done as much in 13 chapters as other people would have done in about 8. There are times when you do seem to rush it. It's good to build character development before delving into the storyline. Remember - a longer fic is always better than a short fic.

Please don't take anything that I say too seriously, as this is just an opinion, and you may think completely different about it.

Now why would I hate you? I asked you to review it to point out the flaws of the story. I WANT you to whack me as hard as you can. XD

Okay, now I see what you mean with the descriptions and the pace. I'm good at pacing because I write in advance. But proofreading is sometimes tedious for me... XP

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Another great chapter Oni!
    The Spirit of the Forest loving him eh? Sounds cool. I wonder how Nina would feel about it.
    Vincent got bad mouthed again by Dennis :laugh:

Years
    From now on, Call of Dragons shall be updated about once to three times a week. Thank you. Fear the action packed chapters! X3

Chapter 14

Naomi?s words echoed inside Dennis. Her soothing, whispering voice was so vivid and so real. It was as if she was actually talking to him right now at this very moment. But right now, he?s walking to Fuchsia city all alone.

He pondered and thought of what he could have been if he was a different person. Just the thought of abandoning Nina in Lavender town weighed him down. Disappointing Vincent by destroying their friendship from the inside out just made him sick inside. He couldn?t believe what he was thinking. His old desire to be a stronger train than the strongest was obscured and now, he was just human?

He tried to summon his loathing but he could not find it inside him. He tried to find his lust for battles but it was never present. His encounter with that girl?Naomi?changed him. It was so quick and so dramatic; he didn?t know that he changed.

He stopped and looked down at his hands. Why did he change so much? He wondered. Why in just one night? Why did he change in that encounter? He tried to reason out many things and each reason being more absurd than the other. His change remained a mystery to him. Now, he couldn?t simply think of something to hate. It was as if a whole part of him vanished?

~*~*~*~

?I?m sorry you have to see me cry,? Blue smiled in front of Nina, who was standing in front of the steps.

?No, it?s all okay, Blue.? Nina smiled back. ?You don?t have to worry about me.?

?Oh is that so?? She teased. ?I?m thinking that you?re a damsel in distress now without your hero??

??Blue?? She fought back. ?I think Dennis is right! I?I don?t need to follow him anyway??

Blue folded her arms. ?Are you sure about that?? She asked. ?I wouldn?t be so appeasing to him. Just remember what I say to you, okay??

Nina nodded gleefully and turned around. ?I?ll try to visit again sometime!? She waved while she walked, looking behind her shoulder.

?Take care!? Blue waved back. Soon, Nina disappeared as she walked south. Blue smiled and walked inside her house.

As she walked in, she noticed that Silver was still there, sitting on the sofa, looking distant. She kept her smile as she walked towards him. ?Hey, are you going to need something??

Silver didn?t look up but just shook his head. ?No?not right now.? He muttered and then folded his arms. ?I just need to think for a while.?

Blue continued to smile as she sat next to him. ?I feel a bit stupid for crying again?I haven?t actually cried in a long time??

Silver glanced at her without moving his neck. ?You?ve already apologized to the girl. You don?t have to apologize to me, Blue.?

?But?when you see me crying, doesn?t it bother you? I just feel bad making you feel bad.? She sighed as she looked up at his eyes, still looking distant.

Silver remained silent. He closed his eyes and started to think. Blue immediately knew that something was bothering him.

?Silver, are you blaming yourself again?? She asked him in a whisper. Even though he didn?t reply, silence was an affirmative answer. ?Please stop it! It?s?it?s not our fault! It?s not your fault, Silver. Just forget all of it!? Blue?s voice suddenly changed into desperation. It rose beyond her normal voice and it conveyed a worried tone. Her expression showed how anxious she was.

?I?I can?t take it off my mind?? Silver whispered as he opened his eyes and looked down. ?Every time I think of it?I was always the person who led her away. I?I was so gullible?I didn?t know his intentions?? Silver gnashed his teeth and shut his eyes tightly. ?I?witnessed it?I saw it myself, Blue. I tried closing my eyes but her screams just wouldn?t go away.?

?Silver?? Blue whispered. ?Please forget all of it??

~*~*~*~

?Excuse me!? Nina yelled to an old lady passing her by. ?Could you please??? Before she knew it, the old lady already passed her. Nina frowned. This was the fifth time she was ignored by the unsocial civilians.

She wasn?t used to these kinds of people. She was used to asking questions but the civilians in this town refuse to even notice her. It was as if she?s invisible at this very moment.

Nina stormed her way south, pouting and muttering about the people in Lavender. People ignored her cries as she turned around the corner. She was shocked when she bumped into a familiar person wearing a trench coat.

?Nina!? Vincent exclaimed as he immediately caught her from falling. ?Nina, it?s you!?

Nina?s eyes widened with delight as she finally found Vincent. ?Vincent! Where were you?? She immediately asked.

?I was about to ask that!? He teased her, as she was about to speak.

The two began to converse about the unsocial people in the town. Then, their conversation moved towards the swarms. Nina was the first one to bring up Dennis.

?Speaking of Dennis, did you see him?? She asked.

?Oh yeah. His usual hot tempered self walked by when I asked you where you were?? Vincent smiled.

Nina sighed and looked down. She placed her hands in her pockets. ?I just wish he?d change for a bit??

?You still thinking of him??

?I just can?t take him off my mind! He worries me so much and I just want him to be safe?? She whispered. ?He has a family to go back to?unlike us??

?Nina?? He whispered solemnly.

It was true. Nina, an orphan and Vincent whose abusive father abandoned when he was a child envied Dennis for his family. Whenever Dennis would tell stories of his family, it alienated them from the world.

?Don?t worry about me,? Nina chided. ?Let?s just find Dennis before he gets in trouble??

~*~*~*~

?Just a few more miles to Fuchsia city,? Dennis thought as he gasped for air. Swear drenched his forehead and dropped on the dusty, unpaved road. It was dusk and he was feeling worn out yet he showed no signs of fatigue just a few moments ago.

He felt faint and yet he could not urge himself to stop. It was as if his feet walked on without his control. Sweat continued to drip down his forehead and down his cheek. He gnashed his teeth as he tried to take off his mind from his destination. He was feeling more tired every second and his feet wobbled as they walked.

Finally, they gave weight and he collapsed to the ground. He was breathing hard and his lungs felt as if he just ran a great distance. His hands and feet were trembling and saliva dripped from his lips. He was too weak to open his eyes. He could feel the dry wind brush against his face as his energy continued to dwindle.

Out from the silence, he heard footsteps. He heard them slowly approach him. He summoned his strength to look up. He opened one eye to see a figure stop in front of him. It was a girl with long, dark brown hair. He couldn?t see clearly since he was getting drowsy and it impaired his vision.

He saw a small smile spread through the girl?s face. By this time, darkness shrouded the area in midnight blue. Even at the darkness, a smile was visible on the girl?s gentle face. He noticed two other figures rise from the ground, slowly and silently. It was as if they were shadows that came to life. He saw two wide, evil grins and two pairs of evil, red eyes, looking down at him sinisterly.

Dennis gnashed his teeth as he struggled to stand up on his knees. ?Gengars?? He muttered forcefully. ??Draining my energy??

The girl?s sinister grin grew wider. She approached him a bit more closely and her face was shined by the moonlight. Her face was clear. Dennis? eyes widened to see a familiar face he had seen before in a photograph. It was Blue?s daughter. Except that her eyes were different. The lively, sparkling eyes were replaced with dull, murky eyes that stared at Dennis sinisterly. Her lips didn?t move but curved into an even wicked smile.

?You?re Blue?s kid?? Dennis whispered while he struggled to take huge breaths of air. He faltered and fell face down. He felt his last bit of energy leaving him.

Pain surged up his lungs. Every time he inhaled, his lungs started to constrict and prevented him from exhaling. The more he inhaled his lungs would constrict more. Sweat drenched all over his body and his face was covered in dirt. His body lay sprawled on the ground, legs and arms spread. He closed his eyes, thinking of dying.

His family started to flash in his mind. He felt sorry for them if they ended up getting news of him dead. He thought of his mother and sister crying over his grave and his father standing next to them, comforting them of their loss. Within his thoughts, he heard low, demonic laughter. His body shivered and his heart raced. His lungs burned and his muscles started to become numb.

Before he could let himself be taken by darkness, he heard to loud yells behind him. The sound of clicking Pok?balls, the shaking earth and the loud roars suddenly freed his lungs. He breathed the sweet smelling air and let it flow through his body. He opened his eyes and felt hands help him up.

?Dennis, Dennis!? Nina?s voice cried. ?Dennis, say something!?

?Yo, Dennis! Don?t die out on us now!? Vincent?s voice echoed in his mind.

Dennis tried to move his hand and managed to close his hands into a fist. His lips moved as he whispered. ?I?m?fine?? He whispered weakly. ?Nina?that girl?Blue?s?kid??

?Yeah, I noticed!? Nina exclaimed. ?She?s still after you!? She pointed towards the girl who glared at the three. The two Gengars were now replaced with an army of them. Pairs of menacing, red eyes glared at them sinisterly. ?This is?the third army??

?Just?find out what?s wrong?with her?? Dennis insisted as he struggled to sit up. ?I?ll?fight off these things??

Vincent held him back. ?You?re in no condition to fight!? He yelled. ?Nina and me will handle this!?

Before Dennis could say anymore, Vincent quickly stood up and commanded his Cloyster, which was already summoned out to attack the Gengars that were surrounding them. Nina followed after she carefully let Dennis lie down on the ground. She started attacking forward with her Flareon towards Blue?s daughter.

Dennis tried to sit again and fight along but he was still weak. His fingers felt weak and his arms were still numb. Vincent was still fighting off the Gengars with his Cloyster. Attack to attack; he fought in darkness, watching the pairs of eyes fade on the ground and turn into shadows after being hit by his Cloyster?s ice beam. Nina on the other hand, lit up the night with her Flareon?s fire spin, engulfing numerous Gengars within it, making them disappear.

After minutes of furious battles, there seems to be something wrong. When defeated Gengars disappear, replacements appeared out of the darkness. They could see the eyes appear from the darkness of the night, only lit by the moon?s light. The shady figure that was Alyssa stood out from the armies of evil shadows.

After continuing her way towards Alyssa, Nina was now completely surrounded by Gengars. ?There?s no turning back now?? She thought.

Vincent still continued to fight of the advancing Gengars, protecting Dennis. By now, Dennis summoned his strength to stand up. He succeeded in doing so and took out his Pok?ball. Without saying a word, he threw it and immediately released a yellow Pok?mon with a long neck and a long, fat tail ending in a ball of gold light. His Ampharos was ready to listen for his attack.

?Flash!? Dennis yelled. In an instant, his Ampharos? tail immediately shined brighter and completely fought off the darkness. Many of the Gengars growled because of the tremendous amount of light and quickly faded back into the shadows. However, many stayed. Nina still continued on her way towards Alyssa, who had a startled expression from the light.

?Thunder bolt!? Dennis commanded, pointing towards an incoming shadow ball. His Pok?mon emitted a yellow light from the bright jewel in its forehead and turned into bolts of electricity and threw it towards the dark ball of energy, completely obliterating it. ?On your left!? Dennis yelled. It turned left and sent out a wave of electricity towards the Gengars on the left but missed since the Gengars simply faded out and retreated on the ground.

?Dennis, over here!? Vincent yelled, waving his arms.

Dennis looked over to him and noticed that the Gengars were starting to use the hypnosis attack on Vincent?s Cloyster. Vincent?s Cloyster managed to avoid the hypnotizing gaze of the enemy Gengars. ?Ice beam!? While dodging a hypnosis attack, the shell Pok?mon sent out a blue beam towards enemies. It froze a few targets but some survived and started throwing shadow balls.

?Thunder bolt!? Dennis yelled. There was enough time to destroy the incoming shadow balls. ?Again!? He commanded while glancing at Nina who seems to not be facing any problem. His Ampharos sent out another bold of electricity, which sent back some Gengars to the shadows. Soon, there seems to be no more but a few that were facing Nina.

?Funny?I thought they were supposed to be more?? Vincent muttered.

?Stop thinking!? Dennis scolded him as he and his Ampharos ran over towards Nina. ?Help Nina!?

Vincent shrugged. ?Right?? With his Cloyster trailing behind him, he followed Dennis.

?Only a bit more?? Sweat glazed Nina?s forehead as she tried to stand the heat emitted by her Flareon. The grinning shadows continued to send out shadow balls and materialize in front of her as she concentrated on her target. ?A bit more??

?Nina!? Dennis yelled as they ran nearer. But before they could reach her, the Gengars materialized in front of them again. But this time they looked at them devilishly and then, slowly walked into each other. They immediately dwindled in number but they grew larger. Then, they walked into each other again and grew bigger, once more. Then again?and again?and again?until one gigantic Gengar stood in front of them.

Vincent looked up, his jaw hanging down. Dennis stared in horror and gnashed his teeth. A small chuckle came from the Gengar as it looked down at its dwarfed opponents.

?Thunder!? Dennis managed to yell. A loud growl came from his Ampharos and summoned out a huge thunderbolt that came crashing down from the sky. It crashed down at the Gengar, sending shockwaves all over the place. Smoke immediately clouded the area. As the smoke cleared, the Gengar continued to stare down at them, unfazed.

?This?will be hard?? Vincent muttered.

Meanwhile, Nina still continued to fight off incoming shadow balls and random slashes. Her Raichu now joined her Flareon. Both of them sending out attacks from Gengars and at the same time, receiving attacks.

?Sergio, use thunder wave! Cedric, fire blast on the paralyzed Gengars!? Her Pok?mon obeyed without hesitation. First came a thunder wave, which stopped the Gengars in their tracks. Next, a devastating wheel of fire came from Cedric, immediately eliminating any threat from the Gengars. ?Keep doing it guys! Keep doing it!?

Over to the colossal Gengar, Dennis and Vincent were having troubles. The Gengar sent out devastating shadow balls towards them, missing both trainers and their Pok?mon by a few feet. Gargantuan craters scarred the ground.

?Vincent! You attack to the feet! I attack on the belly!? Dennis yelled.

?Right!? Vincent responded. He pointed towards the feet and commanded the attack. ?Freeze it with blizzard!? He yelled. Cloyster immediately sent out a powerful, frigid gale mixed with snow and sent it towards the Gengar. Ice started to form around the Gengar?s feet. The giant looked down in astonishment and in anger. It roared and sent out a nightshade attack on Vincent and his Cloyster.

?Thunderbolt!? Dennis yelled. The bolt of electricity from Dennis? Ampharos stopped the shadowy, dark attack. The nightshade engulfed the thunderbolt within itself and then disappeared. ?Now! Use thunder wave on the middle!? With a bright wave of electricity, Dennis? Ampharos managed to paralyze the Gengar?s torso.

The Gengar was now infuriated. It opened its mouth, and something inside started glowing. A distinct yellow color that was all too familiar for Dennis. It was a hyper beam attack. A hyper beam from something like this Gengar would be powerful enough to destroy everything for miles.

?Vincent! To the head! To the head!? He yelled frantically. ?Use your strongest Pok?mon!?

Vincent nodded, returned his Cloyster and sent out his Blastoise. Dennis did the same and sent out his Dragonite.

?Attack on the head! Ready??

?Ready as you are!? Vincent replied back.

?Fury, dragon breath!?

?Blastoise, hydro pump!?

Both attacks headed towards the head. But it didn?t seem to faze the Gengar since it continued to charge for the hyper beam attack. It is now clear to how much the destruction this Gengar would cause.

?Again!? Two attacks from the ground fired once more. Again, they didn?t do any effect. ?Longer!?

The two attacks fired again, this time, it was longer. The blast of water continued to fire and so did the yellow breath attack. But still, it didn?t harm the Gengar. It was now evident that they are going to loose?unless?

?Alyssa!? The path was now cleared. All Gengars guarding Alyssa were defeated or joined together to form the colossal Gengar. Nina began to run towards her, seeing her friends? trouble. She could see her and she screamed out her name. When she reached her, she had nothing else to do but throw her arms around her.

Alyssa looked at her, startled. Her lips began to move in midst of her trance. ?Mom?Mom?? She whispered. ?Mom??

?Alyssa?why are you doing this?? Nina asked her. ?Please tell me?I?ll help you go back to your mom.?

Alyssa?s breaths began to grow short. ?Please?help me?? She whispered. It was apparent that she seems to be fighting off something. ?Please?tell Mom?and Dad?help??

Nina felt a powerful wind rush through her and she felt something cold touch her. With a blink of an eye, she was holding no one. She turned around to see Dennis and Vincent exhausted?facing nothing but air. The giant Gengar disappeared. The silver twilight lit the battlefield. Three exhausted trainers looked at each other as they were reunited.

The cool breeze of the night blew through the marred field. Silence shrouded them and the twilight lit their way. Without another word, the three continued on to their destination. The passing night echoed with the young girl?s plight for help.

To be continued...

Back