• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years

• Really? I had no idea they did that. Definitely going to test that with my brother or friends. o_o

Oh how I wish shotguns were secondary weapons. These ones don't even feel OP (but that's probably because they're primaries).
    They changed it in the last title update (the one where if you put someone into Second Chance you got the kill even if someone else finished them off). So that's why you might not know about it.
    I think it's a good idea, gives people some small reason to use shotguns... even if they are pretty much worthless.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I don't even understand how/why shotguns are so bad now. In MW2 I would just run around with the M1014 like it was my primary and still rape everybody. I actually did better using the M1014 than with pretty much all the SMGs. But in BO I can't even pass one corner without being shot at by 1624921 different guys. And if I do manage to sneak up behind someone, it'll take 3 or 4 shots to kill him. By the time he gets hit twice he has already turned around and started shooting. And I die before any further harm is done.

Maybe I exaggerated a little but hopefully that just gets my point across. If I ever had one.

Edit: Also, you should be glad there are too many idiots playing BO that don't know better and skip out on the Blackbird. I see helicopters flying everywhere, but only once in many many games will I find someone who uses a Blackbird other than myself and my friends. It's also easily countered by the Counter-Spy, but I guess that can be shot down. I think it should stay the way it is though. A 45-second surefire counter to Ghost users.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • The shotguns in MW2 should be switched with the shotguns in Black Ops. The whole point of a secondary is for backup, not something you want to use all the time but might make an ok backup. The thing is... any shotgun in MW2 is better then the best shotguns in BO. I personally think the M1014 was the worst shotgun, and yet that thing can outclass any other shotgun in BO. I would love for the SPAS in MW2 to be in BO. Some people said it was too powerful, I got called a n00b all the time because I used it. But that weapon was soooo good, and so much fun to run around with. In Black Ops... who would use a shotgun? Really, when you can take a rapid fire SMG why would you take a shotgun that just gets hit markers? Yea if you're host then a shotgun might be good, but on 3 bar all you get are hit markers.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    I have a story about second chance...

It was a sudden death team death-match, and the user of second chance was the only one left on his/her team. In the end, even after me and my friend and another random person shot him (even used rocket launchers.), our team still lost. I was absolutely furious, so I despise that perk, even though I normally get execution kills.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • It's ridiculous how much difference playing with just one other person compared to playing on your own makes. Objective based games running Spy Plane/Napalm Strike/Blackbird is absolutely amazing. A friend and I went into a Demolition game on Summit in the second round and I managed to get sixty kills with this set-up. Also, is it just me or has the number of Ghost/Pro users gone up tenfold lately?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • One game I played recently was a game of Demolition, and it was against a team of those poeple who like to abuse the Xbox Live party system. It was so bad, like you couldn't do anything, because the entire team was spawn-camping. It ended up with everyone leaving except two of us. I suspected them of cheating since they wouldn't appear until you spawned, like you wouldn't just appear in front of them, you appear, and then they would turn around the corner and kill you. x( I really hated it. I think I had like, 20 deaths within a minute of being in the game.

Also, I really like Jungle.

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
  • Jungle is really fun, even if it's way too big. And that mountain you can climb up on with a sniper and just camp; wonderful. Having a claymore at the ladder will stop one person from getting you aswell, but it would be ideal to have a teammate watching over there.
    It's really fun though, even if it's camping/

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Jungle is really fun, even if it's way too big. And that mountain you can climb up on with a sniper and just camp; wonderful. Having a claymore at the ladder will stop one person from getting you aswell, but it would be ideal to have a teammate watching over there.
    It's really fun though, even if it's camping/
    Anyone with half a brain will think to check that ledge if they know they're in its range of sight.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I haven't played in so long...but soon. Soon I will be finished with all of these projects, and my reunion with my sofa will be magical.

I hear people call that cliff "Pride Rock" now. I'm sure most/all of you would get the reference. I've been up there only a handful of times. It's so...boring. You see one or two enemies per minute. I like to get a little more than that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Everyone looks at the rock now so it is stupied to go up there.
    >stupied

Played for the first time in a few weeks yesterday, it was horrible. I played for maybe 3 games, and got 2 chopper gunners. Both were shot down before I even had a chance to shoot anyone. Let's not forget that literally half the people were abusing Second Chance. The game is just not fun anymore at this point.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I was playing CoD4 yesterday with some of my XBL friends (because we were bored of BO) and the footsteps on that game are soooooo loud. If they didn't have Dead Silence on then you could hear them clear as day halfway across the map... and I'm not kidding. If you have CoD4 I dare you to go back and play that for a bit and see how loud the feet were on that game. If they were that loud in BO I wouldn't have a prob with Ghost Pro/Hacker Pro (right now my biggest prob, my counter to Ghost Pro is a Motion Sensor and if they have Hacker Pro...). And if they had Ghost in the 3rd slot so you couldn't have Ghost Pro/Ninja Pro then I'd have like nothing to complain about in this thread.

But CoD4 was pretty fun to play. I don't want to go back to it full time, but I had lots of memories with the game and it was fun to play on many of the maps again, and use a lot of them weapons. But the hit boxes (at least for the snipers) were off. I mean not just BO off, but they wouldn't be moving and you'd just see a bullet trail pass right through them. One time I shot a guy 3 times with the sniper and didn't get a single hit marker (he wasn't moving, he was also sniping). And I played MW2 tonight. And what I saw in common was everyone snipes on both games. Tonight on MW2 playing S&D and everyone (and I'm not kidding when I say everyone) on my team was sniping. I was the only non sniper on my team. And on the enemy team at least 3 were snipers (if not more). That just goes to show the snipers on BO are broken, if people go play MW2 or CoD4 just to snipe then there's a prob there.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
  • I was going through my CoD games from WaW to BO(CoD 4 doesn't work :(((), and they are imo, basically the same thing. I am at the moment sick of CoD, i only ever play with my friends and even then i barely even turn my xbox on. CoD will never work in a right way, there is always something to complain about from each game and they never fix the damn thing. I'm not going to complain about things specifically, I'm just so tired of CoD in general.

Same **** Different title.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    What I do not understand is how perfect the gameplay on WaW was. Pretty much no lag at all + perfect hit detection, and yet BO turned out like it did.

Makes me wonder what Treyarch was doing when they made BO.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • So many Xbox live guys ;_;

I plan to get an xbox sometime but currently im on PS3, and its quite fun :3 First black ops just.. frustrated me, but i started going into games without any hint of anger in me, and it turns out that playing while calm helps. Im currently on a 37 win streak in Sabotage with the Stakeout :D (mostly the stakeout, had to switch a couple times just in case, and running with full party) Shotguns may be nothing compared to the MW2 ones, but its still awesome to run with them. (i run the Olympia sometimes to get fun games) Thought my favorite guns in Black ops are both the Commando, and the MP5k Rapid Fire.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Black Ops is getting annoying it has got pretty laggy. So I have been playing MAG and MW2 a lot. MW2 has gotting better.

I like Black Ops because of the fact that you can buy stuff instead of unlocking it.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Yeah,the servers are becoming more and more terrible.I cant join a decent zombies team without "migrating host" or no everyone having mics.

OAN:I did get to level 31 on Der Riese with 4 people until I had to leave,and I was Hosting xD,I bet they were pissed.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    So many Xbox live guys ;_;

I plan to get an xbox sometime but currently im on PS3, and its quite fun :3 First black ops just.. frustrated me, but i started going into games without any hint of anger in me, and it turns out that playing while calm helps. Im currently on a 37 win streak in Sabotage with the Stakeout :D (mostly the stakeout, had to switch a couple times just in case, and running with full party) Shotguns may be nothing compared to the MW2 ones, but its still awesome to run with them. (i run the Olympia sometimes to get fun games) Thought my favorite guns in Black ops are both the Commando, and the MP5k Rapid Fire.
    You should just stick with PS3 and add me :D

Except I barely ever have time to play anymore, especially with projects piling up everywhere. Not even in college yet.

Back