• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Out of interest, how many of you guys would be up for a Video Games Black Ops event in the coming weeks? It would be hosted by myself and another member. Me on PS3 and the other member on 360.

Would Friday or Saturday be more convenient?
    Feel free to PM or VM me if you prefer that way...​
    I'd be up for a Saturday evening one, depending on when the event is. Testing season and finals are coming up, so maybe it'd be best to just wait until school is over for everyone (which is usually around June).

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
    Years
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but i'm getting the game tommorow and then i'm gonna play the Campaign!!!! :)

P.S. my friends hate the campaign, but i love it :)

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
    Years
    I beg to differ, if anything it's the other way around. XD

I mean yea, I've played with random people before that were good... and all they did was play zombies. But most of the time if I play with random people it's just people who go off doing whatever they want to do. You say "Come here and watch this window" and they run off to another room and go down, you say "pull back to this room" and they don't do it. They open doors they don't need to be opening, and so on. I mean you don't have to be a "pro" at it, just think a little.
    Not zombies, I meant multiplayer XD.
    I know what you mean, some are just a bit special in the head when it comes to it.
    I absolutely love zombies, and I consider myself a bit of a pro[/bigheadedness]

Years
    Out of interest, how many of you guys would be up for a Video Games Black Ops event in the coming weeks? It would be hosted by myself and another member. Me on PS3 and the other member on 360.

I would gladly host the 360 one but it depends if we can get enough US players to play at the same time I would.

If I did host/participate in this though I would probably only do zombies/private matches because normal online matches are terrible.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Out of interest, how many of you guys would be up for a Video Games Black Ops event in the coming weeks? It would be hosted by myself and another member. Me on PS3 and the other member on 360.​
    Oh, does anyone here play BO on the PC?
    I mean beside myself.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    P.S. Has anyone noticed how much crap you have to go through to get marathon pro?
    Some of the stuff I hate, and it's annoying. Like getting Ninja Pro, you have to backstab 5 people. This wouldn't be a prob if it always counted as a backstab, I've stood right behind someone not moving and it not count.
    What drives me up a wall is the Ghost Pro + Hacker Pro combo.

What are your guys favorite game modes?
    As of late... I pretty much only play S&D. My K/D is dropping, but if I play TDM it's just Ghost Pro + your stuff getting shot down + campers in corners+ they spawn them right behind you. And so my K/D drops anyway playing that. I could go play Dom or Demo to push it up, but people who camp it out just getting kills and never play the objective aren't good.

I think the PC people aren't on enough for gaming events (or at least the ones I've hosted and taken part in). Like me, I'm on every night, but the ones I hosted I'd send out messages before time saying "It's tonight at ..." as a reminder. And when the time rolls around I'd send invites and no one or only 1 or 2 comes. I wish we were at the point where we could have an event like every other week (there are many games out there on many different systems) and have lots of people join. But... yea.

Not zombies, I meant multiplayer XD.
    Oh multiplayer... I find the people who play the new maps far far far from pro. Only thing I saw from the first DLC was people sitting in corners with Ghost with 74u's. They weren't running around because they didn't know the map, and they weren't smart enough to go to Combat Training or Private match to find their way around the map. So here I am playing the game like it should be played and I get killed by some skilless 0.89 K/D player scared to death to run around. Can't see them because they have Ghost, can't kill them because by the time you see them you're right on them and they have a 74u. That is far from being a pro.

I would gladly host the 360 one but it depends if we can get enough US players to play at the same time I would.
    The thing is, you live in England. So if US players played and we got a host over there it'd be really laggy, same goes if you get a US host. And in a game where I's hard to deal with a 3 bar vs 4 bar, dealing with that wouldn't be fun.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

If I did host/participate in this though I would probably only do zombies/private matches because normal online matches are terrible.
    What time would you play, in England? You're 5 hours ahead of us. Right? I know that cause at 7 here it was noon at the wedding. lol. I could get on from like 9-1 EST at night.

Years
    Klippy is hosting the 360 event anyway so it doesnt matter, Xyrin.

@Arcanine, the Pro perks all drive me up a wall so I dont try to get them, I think the only pro perk I've had is Sleight of Hand.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    @Arcanine, the Pro perks all drive me up a wall so I dont try to get them, I think the only pro perk I've had is Sleight of Hand.
    To me, I think there's only around 4 perks that I care about making Pro. Slight of Hand (I think it helps me win a few extra gun fights), Hardline (like I said, I play S&D, so it's good to flip Care Packages), Ghost, and maybe Hacker for the 4th (I like Ninja, but since the sounds on the game are so dumbed down for people with headsets sometimes it's pointless). Everything else to me is pointless.

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
    Years
    Oh multiplayer... I find the people who play the new maps far far far from pro. Only thing I saw from the first DLC was people sitting in corners with Ghost with 74u's. They weren't running around because they didn't know the map, and they weren't smart enough to go to Combat Training or Private match to find their way around the map. So here I am playing the game like it should be played and I get killed by some skilless 0.89 K/D player scared to death to run around. Can't see them because they have Ghost, can't kill them because by the time you see them you're right on them and they have a 74u. That is far from being a pro.

I'm sick to death of that combo, it's freaking annoying.
    You'll come screaming around the corner holding dual scorpions and bang!
    Some douche guns you down.
    btw i have a .89KD :paranoid:

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    This lag is pissing me off...

I can have 2 bars and be lagging, jumping around the map every 5 seconds, and not a single bullet hits my target. Not only this, but it almost seems PURPOSEFUL, as whenever I'm engaging an enemy it starts lagging in that instant. It becomes unplayable if I have 2 bars or less, and with the fact I live in Hawaii, that is not uncommon...

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    This lag is pissing me off...

I can have 2 bars and be lagging, jumping around the map every 5 seconds, and not a single bullet hits my target. Not only this, but it almost seems PURPOSEFUL, as whenever I'm engaging an enemy it starts lagging in that instant. It becomes unplayable if I have 2 bars or less, and with the fact I live in Hawaii, that is not uncommon...

Ouch that would suck. I live on the East Coast so I usually don't have this problem.

Has anyone tried the new competitive playlist? I love it.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Ouch that would suck. I live on the East Coast so I usually don't have this problem.

Has anyone tried the new competitive playlist? I love it.
    I saw it under Barebones, correct?

I saw "Restricted Perks" but was unsure of what it meant. I was curious and would have tried it, but I had a few contracts up that didn't involve objective modes so I didn't enter.

So what does that mean, it allows only certain perks or do you get given random perks? Or maybe it is similar to Sharpshooters' bonus perks?

Anyhow, I FINALLY got the 15 Captures done for Marathon Pro for the first time evar. But now I find CTF addicting and am playing it quite a bit now. I love finding creative places to Tactical Insert deep inside enemy territory. I also like the degree of strategy required and though holding the flag puts a lot of suspense on me, it isn't enough to make me avoid the playlist, like, ahem, the Sticks and Stones playlist that, if you are leading, are shown on the HUD so that people can rain tomahawks on your ass to reset your score. That is just too much suspense and I would be playing that playlist loads if that rule wasn't in. Way to ruin it Treyarch...

CTF Class:
    -AK74u
    -Extended Mags
    -Suppressor
    -Crossbow
    -Semtex
    -Flashbangs
    -Tactical Insertion
    -Lightweight Pro
    -Warlord (Damn that Grenade Multikill challenge.)
    -Marathon (Damn every single one of these challenges.)

Last edited:

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Haven't touched this game in well over a month. Actually haven't touched my xbox at all in that period of time, was a good thing too. The game getting progressively worse (in my opinion) coincided with me needed to buckle down, and get stuff done for school. =/ Anyways, has the game gotten at all better, or is it still filled with stupid people playing like asshats?

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Haven't touched this game in well over a month. Actually haven't touched my xbox at all in that period of time, was a good thing too. The game getting progressively worse (in my opinion) coincided with me needed to buckle down, and get stuff done for school. =/ Anyways, has the game gotten at all better, or is it still filled with stupid people playing like asshats?

Huh? I wasn't aware that there were really that many asshats in this game, compared to Modern Warfare 2 which was filled to the brim and beyond with them. The MP still has a lot of *******s, but less in this game than Modern Hackfare 2.

Offtopicish, I REALLY hate the *******s in Capture the Flag who either kill me after I spawn and make a Tactical Insertion or wait at an Insertion for me to die and spawn there. They, in fact, wait there for the either 15 second spawn time to pass for ONE KILL or longer if they find it beforehand so they can point their shotgun at it waiting for me to spawn there.

That pisses me off. Makes me wonder what's going through their minds:

"lol, look at this Tactical Insertion. I'm going to camp here like an ******* and wait for him to spawn there, wasting my team's and my time I could be attempting to defend or capture a flag by spending a ton of time pointing my shotgun at this insertion to get a single kill, instead of canceling it and moving on to help the team win."

And

"Woohoo, perfect timing! I'll waste 5 to 15 seconds of my time pointing my shotgun at the guy's recently placed Tactical Insertion so I can piss him off by making take longer to spawn and get back in the game, rather than just cancel it."

That REALLY pisses me off and makes me feel like sending rage messages, but I know better than to waste my time on that. Especially since nearly everybody in any CTF game I have joined EVER does this. I see 2 teammates camping an enemy's insertion at once, and in separate instances in the same game, different people do the same thing. At least 4 of 6 people on my team do this, possibly the whole team as not all encountered an insertion, and every time one of the situations happens to me, they never fail to be a dick and camp my insertion.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I saw it under Barebones, correct?

I saw "Restricted Perks" but was unsure of what it meant. I was curious and would have tried it, but I had a few contracts up that didn't involve objective modes so I didn't enter.

So what does that mean, it allows only certain perks or do you get given random perks? Or maybe it is similar to Sharpshooters' bonus perks?

Yes it's in Barebones.

By restricted perks it means you can't use certain perks and certain things are banned. Here's a list.
    codblackops.org said:
    Disabled content within this playlist:

Killstreaks
    • All

Perks
    • Flak Jacket
    • Second Chance
    • Warlord

Launchers
    • All

Attachments
    • Rapid Fire
    • Grenade Launcher
    • Flame Thrower

Equiptment
    • All

Tactical Grenades
    • Nova Gas
    • Decoy

=====================
    Frequently Asked Questions
    =====================

• No killstreaks.
    • No equipment whatsoever.
    • The playlist has a subset of the most competitive maps as agreed upon with members of the competitive community. It does include Escalation and First Strike maps. You can still vote.
    • Minimum and maximum player counts are set up just like Team Tac. We recommend you go in with a party of 4.
    • One might argue that banning Ghost is pointless, since the playlist has no Killstreaks taking Ghost gives no advantage.
    • The playlist uses variant game mode rules. For example: Search and Destroy has a lowered game round timer, switches sides, and modifies the game mode timer.
    • The playlist will be available with the next game update. As we are not 100% in control of when Microsoft or Sony will release the update providing an exact time is difficult.
    • The video contains the list of banned weapons. All secondary launchers are banned; everything else fair game.
    • Subject to some caps on the number of restrictions, the list of allowed/disallowed weapons, attachments, and perks is easily modified.
    • We believe that both First Strike and Escalation have some competitive maps and want to see online leagues add them to the line up.
    • Domination spawn delay should be set at 7.5 seconds.
    • The playlist still impacts your stats.
    • The playlist does not have it's own leaderboard. That is out of scope since it's made up of multiple game modes.
    • Search and Destroy, Domination, and Capture the Flag are the principal game modes in the Competion playlist.
    • Party chat is currently enabled.
    • Search already uses a 1.5 round time limit.
    • If the MLG unbans Rapid Fire and bans Steady Aim, we will consider making that change as well. However, it's important to note that MLG is not the only competitive league. The Competitive playlist will be modified, as necessary, when the ground is common or be somewhere between the extremes.
    There is also a spawn timer a Team killing. So yeah it's pretty fun, anyone want to play it with me?

I really want escalation. :( I have only 600 Xbox points. Maybe I can get my dad to loan me some money.

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
    Offtopicish, I REALLY hate the *******s in Capture the Flag who either kill me after I spawn and make a Tactical Insertion or wait at an Insertion for me to die and spawn there. They, in fact, wait there for the either 15 second spawn time to pass for ONE KILL or longer if they find it beforehand so they can point their shotgun at it waiting for me to spawn there.

That pisses me off. Makes me wonder what's going through their minds:

"lol, look at this Tactical Insertion. I'm going to camp here like an ******* and wait for him to spawn there, wasting my team's and my time I could be attempting to defend or capture a flag by spending a ton of time pointing my shotgun at this insertion to get a single kill, instead of canceling it and moving on to help the team win."

And

"Woohoo, perfect timing! I'll waste 5 to 15 seconds of my time pointing my shotgun at the guy's recently placed Tactical Insertion so I can piss him off by making take longer to spawn and get back in the game, rather than just cancel it."

Its easier to just laydown a claymore in front of the insertion and then go do something else (i.e. get the flag).

I think that Treyarch needs to change how teams are set up, because I recently played a game of CTF and my team had a shutout win, and for the next round it takes the player at the top of the leader board (me) and makes a team of him and the kids at the very bottom (we won with a shutout).

Also, I finally made it back up to level 50 after my second prestige (I'm not doing that again). Also some pointers on winning capture the flag: Have two team members camp the flag hardcore style, then have two more campers watch the two most used entrences to the flag area, and have two people rush the flag. Have one rusher grab the flag and then run to the nearest corner, while the other rusher wrecks the kids who sprint back into their base. The campers watching the base entrences should now push forward to secure escape routes for the rushers, who should continue on to their base. Hope that helps!

P.S. Tactical Insertions are for noobs who like to give the campers more kills.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    So with the new maps out, what does everyone think of them?
    I personally haven't had much time to play on the multiplayer maps (I've played at least once on all 4), so I can't pass judgment yet on them. But for you that have, what do you think of them?

I recently played a game of CTF and my team had a shutout win, and for the next round it takes the player at the top of the leader board (me) and makes a team of him and the kids at the very bottom (we won with a shutout).
    A bit random... but hazard master, how old are you?

Back