• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Came over from Nuzlocke

nimbostratus

Bird is the Word
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jun 1, 2013
    Hiya. I'm new here, but I've been a long-time Pokemon fan. I came over from the Nuzlocke forums, mostly to check out the rom hacks here. I'm an aspiring romhacker myself, but it's harder than it looks :nervous:

Anyway, uh... hi :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I know that ROM hacking looks pretty hard, but with determination & motivation, you may be able to make one. It just takes a lot of patience, tbh! (because I've been there, done that lmao)

Anyways, great to see ya here! We indeedy do have a library of hacks here, and it'd be lovely for you to check them out. We even have a section where there are games currently in beta or in progress, so you can play and report any bugs or send any feedback. It's quite amazing to do that and it helps the author a lot.~

In the meantime, there's literally a ton to do here, and the place is pretty big. Don't put yourself down, because PC has a lot of friendly people here. :) Have a great time here, and don't forget to read the rules, because they're quite important. :D See ya!

Years
  • Yeah, it does look pretty hard, but the good news is is that once you start and get the hang of it, it'll be much easier to understand how everything works. n~n So don't give up, and welcome to PokeCommunity!

If you're just starting out, I recommend the Starting out tutorial directory thread since it has a few nice links to various ROM hacking tutorials around the forum, though it hasn't been updated since 2010. :( That doesn't really mean those links are outdated though; they'll definitely be able to help! Just make sure to look through the Tutorials subforum afterwards to see what newer tutorials are available. Oh, and there's also our wonderful Toolbox section! There are heaps of mods and other neat things you'll be able to find here, so that's another resource you can utilize. Looking through all of these, hacking does seem really confusing... but it's still totally worth it. After all, won't it feel so amazing when you can finally publish your game and have members give feedback? :D All the hard work would have finally paid off.

Oh, and and and! We also have Challenges here if you'd like to participate in 'em sometime. That includes the popular Nuzlocke as well as other fun stuff like monocolor, gym leader, and even baby Pokemon challenges. Pretty unique library of challenges if I do say so myself and another popular part of PC. :D Hope you enjoy your stay here and post around lots and lots; that would be amazing. Can never have too many active members and you just seem like the fun sort of guy who would fit in easily.

It's been a pleasure meeting you Nimbos, and see you around! I can help out more through private message if you need it, though the awesome Meganium90 also loves to help members as well as our lovely Cid, the other Welcome Lounge moderator. Contact any one of us anytime and see you around~!

Years
  • Welcome to PC! Great to have you join our community!

There is a whole section of the forum dedicated to the Rom Hacking stuff, including tutorials and showcases of other hacks made by members of the community. Im sure you'll have no problem navigating around them, and im sure you'll get the hang of it quickly!

Again, welcome! n_n

Tarnished Light

Spoons of Destruction
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    Aspiring ROM hacker here myself. Any helpful suggestions? It all seems a tad bit overwhelming at first

Back