• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: can I get a username change?

mystery5556668

new account- Tyl3rP4r
Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    I made this account like 4 years ago and just came back to the site and was wondering if a mod could change my username to

Tyl3rP4r

my old username was something I don't use anymore and wanted this one to match my other ones. And honestly I don't know what I was thinking with my old username it was really bad.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Unfortunately, this forum does not allow name changes. The next best option would to make a new account with a different name.

mystery5556668

new account- Tyl3rP4r
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    Ok i saw on a forum here that you would need to ask here to get a username change and didn't want to make a new account because of how long I had this and how this is an older account.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • That used to be the case, yes. But name changes were revoked quite a while ago due to server strain.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's okay to make a new account, you know. Even though the join date won't be the same, some other people (including a staffer I know) have different accounts rather than their initial. Just umm...in your sig I guess you could put "member since 2008" or something. -shrug- But name changes are a no-no, I'm afraid. You only have 9 posts, so it's not like you're gunna lose a lot.

Years
  • Unfortunately for you and many other members with the same problem, there was a time where you could change your username. But at a cost of the server for this site crashing or moving slower than usual, so the higher-ups had a choice, either have name changes or have a faster server.

I think you know which one they chose.

Back