• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can people help me make a team (helpful critism is needed)

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    This will be a Level 50 Battle revolution team (single battle),I want to make one because i need a decent team for battle rev

Togekiss
    Abilitiy: Serene Grace
    Item: leftovers
    Moveset: Nasty plot
    Air slash
    Baton pass
    Roost

EV spread :252HP / 232Def / 24SpDef
    Nature: Calm

Starmie
    Item:Life orb
    Moveset: Ice beam
    Psychic
    Surf
    Thunderbolt
    EV spread :216 Spd / 252 Sp. Att / 42 HP
    Nature:Timid

Swellow
    Abilitiy: Guts
    Item: Flame orb
    Moveset: Arial ace
    Facade
    U-Turn
    Protect

EV spread : 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid

Porygon-Z
    Abilitiy: Adaptibility
    Item: Life orb
    Moveset: Hidden power (fighting)
    Tri attack
    Dark pulse
    Ice beam

EV spread : 40HP / 252SpAtk / 216Spd
    Nature: timid

Forretress
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def
    Moveset: Gyro Ball
    Earthquake
    Spikes
    Rapid Spin

Nature: Relaxed
    Ev's: 252HP / 160Atk / 96Def

Snorlax
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Thick fat
    Moveset:Fire Punch
    Body Slam
    Rest
    Curse

Nature: Careful
    evs: 76HP / 44ATK / 136DEF / 252SP.DEF

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I have to go in a minute but here's what you're gonna get told a lot;
    *Your entire team are sweepers, you're gonna be scrappin at least 3 of them.
    *2 moves of the same type are pointless, salemence only needs dragon pulse IMO

EDIT: He's made the changes now, so that (^^^) doesnt count :)

Last edited:

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    acually my starmie is a spinner and togekiss is just there to botn pass to eitheier samelence or porygon-Z depending on situation

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    acually my starmie is a spinner and togekiss is just there to botn pass to eitheier samelence or porygon-Z depending on situation
    They still aren't walls or tanks. You'll be in huge trouble if the opponent overpowers you with faster sweepers.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Electivire
    Abilitiy: Motor Drive
    Item:
    Moveset:Electivire @ Expert belt
    Trait:motor drive
    Nature:Adamant
    Evs:252att, 252 spd, 6hp.
    Ice punch
    Thunder punch
    earthquake
    cross chop

EV spread :
    Nature:
    Adamant

Togekiss
    Abilitiy: Serene Grace
    Item: Focus sash
    Moveset: Nasty plot
    Air slash
    aura sphere
    T-wave
    EV spread :
    Nature: Calm
    [/B][/FONT]

There I put some things in. And also, next time don't put in all those fonts, it's hard to locate things and most people rate in bold so that makes it even harder for them.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    may somone suggest the fourth attack instead of draco metoer and i wiill get to changing font now

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    If Toge is a Baton Passer, then throw in an Ancientpower. Baton Pass with that = zomg they're gonna die. I'm strange when it comes to movesets, but here's what I got.

Togekiss@Focus Sash
    Nature: Bold (extra defense)/calm (boost to sp. def)/Timid (If you just plan to Nasty Plot and get out of there, this might be your only hope, but I highly disapprove.)
    EVs: 200 HP/200 Def/100 sp. def/10 sp. atk (I'm suckish when it comes to dividing EVs unless they're on the 100s. I know I'm incorrect, so kill me. lol)

Ancientpower
    Baton Pass
    Nasty Plot
    Air Slash/Silver Wind (just another stat booster)

I'm not a Togekiss user. I just think that might work.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Ancietpower is highly unrealible and doesnt it have weak base power and the weakness of toge kiss are all speciall attacks (moslty) so i wold go with calm and nothing into attack because i put air slashh to not get subjected to a taunt

ABYAY

Years
    But you don't quite see the point of my suggestion; with Ancientpower and Serene Grace, you have a 20% to raise ALL of your stats. With Baton Pass, it's the faved partner. Air Slash is there to pick off other pokemon if they're slow.

That's just my idea.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Yes but i like rialbilty (except when it comes to thunder)

20%= 1 over 5 not my style ,besides i make my pokes fats all i need is for them to one hit okho and i tried super type coverage (but im not good at that)

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    * Having Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor is standard, and it works for late game sweep.
    * There's nothing wrong with his Togekiss. People need to realize not every Togekiss must be a flinch hax one. Jeez.

And BTW, Togekiss + Starmie + Electivire makes a sweet combo. Togekiss can take unSTAB'd super effective hits really well, so when you think you're done Nasty Plotting, you can Baton Pass to Electivire (suspecting an electric attack) or Starmie (suspecting an ice attack).. For Electivire you'd want a more oriented special set if you follow that route (SubPunch, Thunderbolt and HP ice makes a good yet surprising set).

Passing Nasty Plots to SpecMence won't do you any good since you'll be stuck on one move. And yea, you kinda need a pokemon to be able to take hits from faster opponents that would wreck you otherwise. Try Cresselia (as much as I loathe it), it can be extremely hard to take down after 2 Nasty Plots (Psychic for STAB, HP fight for Weavile and Tyranitar, Rest/Moonlight for heal, Reflect or even Shadow Ball if you're scared of getting walled by Spiritomb).

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
    *sigh*

The lack of knowledgable help really is lackluster these days ;[ (Not talking to Syaoran)

Anyways, here's the rate:

Salamence: 120HP / 252SpAtk / 136Spd on Mence, Modest nature. You're missing a move, fill in the space with Draco Meteor.

Electivire: 252Atk / 80SpAtk / 176Spd. Lonely nature. Thunder Punch, HP [Grass], Earthquake, Cross Chop. Give it Life Orb.

Togekiss: Lol, Focus Sash. Use Leftovers or nothin' at all. 252HP / 232Def / 24SpDef pl0x.

Starmie: Fine.

Lucario: No Close Combat is ;_____;. Bulk it up, give it enough speed to beat max speed, neutral natured Heracross and pump the rest to HP. Choice Band it, Lum Berry honestly ain't helpin' much. Adamant nature always, Timid ones are horrendous.

Porygon-Z: Timid, pump speed till you beat Adamant Garchomp and max SpAtk, then add the leftovers to HP. Thunderbolt>Ice Beamz.

Nothing can take a hit in this team and that's going to cost you.

LO Gyardos weak, Salamence weak, Porygon-Z weak, Swampert weak, Weavile weak, Garchomp weak, Azelf weak, Gengar weak, Heracross weak, Togekiss weak, SpecsTran weak, MSZapdos weak, CB Slaking weak, SubSeed Sceptile weak, Breloom, Gallade weak, Medicham weak, CMCune weak, Tyranitar weak, Celebi weak, and CMKou weak.

Other than that, great job =)

Last edited:

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Well I don't like your Lucario. The main issue is brickbreak. you have a lot of different options. You have a lot of choices with lucario. Other than brick break you have sky uppercut, close combat, the specials aura sphere and focus blast, cross chop and the super fast vacuum wave.

I don't like hidden power on your porygon Z. Hidden power always seems like a moveslot filler for a pokemon with a key weakness it can't cover. With a movepool like Porygon-Z's anything can replace hidden power. You've gotta throw a thunderbolt in there. And instead of dark pulse try Psychic or Shadow Ball if you're going to go into that.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    ok i just dont know which spweeper to get way(i think samelence and lucari)

also a blissey would be good for this team rgiht?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    *sigh*

The lack of knowledgable help really is lackluster these days ;[ (Not talking to Syaoran)
    I'm glad you know SO much!

Nothing can take a hit in this team and that's going to cost you.
    I agree.

LO Gyardos weak, Salamence weak, Porygon-Z weak, Swampert weak, Weavile weak, Garchomp weak, Azelf weak, Gengar weak, Heracross weak, Togekiss weak, SpecsTran weak, MSZapdos weak, CB Slaking weak, SubSeed Sceptile weak, Breloom, Gallade weak, Medicham weak, CMCune weak, Tyranitar weak, Celebi weak, and CMKou weak.

Other than that, great job =)

Just saying "weak" is highly unhelpful.

Also, Acient Power is an awful move to pass. Unless you are passing something else along with it. It is too weak, & a 20% chance to pass is too unreliable. & Who really uses all 5 stat increases anyway?

ABYAY

Years
    I consider Lucario too fragile... Ground, Fighting, Fire, 3 common moves (okay mainly 2), and although his movepool is great, that 95 base speed just doesn't quite cut it for me... If he's running physical, then it CAN work, but I can't note any results.

Salamence is pretty good; Initimidate helps keep him alive if hit first by something, unless it's Ice Beam, but an ice-resistant pokemon will help with that. DP and DM are common used in my eyes, so stick with him.

For walls... I know Milo makes a good wall or sp. sponge, Skarmory being the other. Forretress works very well too.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Ditch Starmie because its boltbeam strategy is covered by E-vire and Pory-Z and possibly Salamence but keep Lucario cause you need a physical sweeper.

one word spinner and i never liked lucario it's just friend siad you should use him he covers much

EDIT"hey your that guy thta evrone talks about but anyways should i take off lucario and elctrivire make starmie special swepper and fortress my spinner and walll?

Back