• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can people help me make a team (helpful critism is needed)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

;)

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    you lie but im sorry it's just my grammer sucks but i want a riable team that covers a lot and stamrie (bolt beamer) but im confused about pyhsical sweeper

also to the person that put those walls thank you but somone i can't think of a defensive moveset for a fortetress.

and yes i want to take my original team down because it really can't take a hit.

You could use a Word Processor, and Copy the Text you want.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    OK OK! Let's review this thread so far:

xxxspeedy - Sorry he took your team. However, that gives you no right to spam this thread. Stop it.

Anti- Good job holding your tongue. I'm proud you're learning.

Itachi- It's okay if you post from Smogon. Honestly it is. Just explain the strategy behind the move set.

ultranerd- Yes, you're correct the Guts negates the Attack drop of a Burn. It's the preferred item on Guts users if you choose to take that route.

flamehaze- No need to critique everyone else's rating style. Just rate and move on.

Chrisg- I would definitely go with U-Turn over Steel Wing. Provides Swellow with an easy escape route and provides some coverage for Swellow.

TDB_Leader- Please improve your grammar and use a proper format for your team. I honestly can't give you a good rate with the condition it's in now. However, from what I've gotten from everybody else's posts, I can advise you that a team with many sweepers IS workable. But only in the hands of an experienced player. I don't know what your skill level is, but if you feel you're not as experienced as you'd like to be, please insert some walls into your team.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Man I most look like a noob but that doesn't matter

Moderator I didn't exactly steal Speedy's team because he made recommendations for lacario, and samelance since they are used a lot and yes I am not really experienced but im not that bad.

May I ask why to put spikes on fortetress if I have no one on my team with roar, or whirlwind?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    It will still hurt when your opponent switches Pokemon. It doesn't have to be used in tandem with Roar. I don't care if you took his team or not. None of my concern. I was just concerned with the spam he was littering in your thread.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    PHazer support is nice, but not necessary to use spikes well. Though you really should run a PHYazer on this team anyways.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013

Well I have one more spot on Swellow's moveset so can it learn whirlwind?
    Also why should I put a flame orb even if Guts does negate the burn I am perfectly ok with the poison.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    does it really matter? I think the posion gets worse (not sure though), so burn would be better probably...

And whirlwind should only be used on pokemon that can take hits, like suicune.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well I have one more spot on swellow's moveset so can it learn whirlwind?
    Also why should I put a flame orb even if Guts does negate the burn I am perfectly ok with the poison.

Burn does more at the beginning , however poison builds up more and will do more damage in the long run, so id stick with burn.

Its too fragile for whirlwind, put in protect to activate the Burn orb.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Oh ok I guess for long run I will put Flame orb but can Swellow learn anything that is not normal or flying that isn't steel wing?

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    *sigh*

The lack of knowledgable help really is lackluster these days ;[ (Not talking to Syaoran)

Anyways, here's the rate:

Salamence: 120HP / 252SpAtk / 136Spd on Mence, Modest nature. You're missing a move, fill in the space with Draco Meteor.

Electivire: 252Atk / 80SpAtk / 176Spd. Lonely nature. Thunder Punch, HP [Grass], Earthquake, Cross Chop. Give it Life Orb.
    Adamant works better with thunder punch, ice punch, earthquake, cross chop and also, get rid of the sp att evs and max out speed and put 6 into hp. And give vire expert belt.

Togekiss: Lol, Focus Sash. Use Leftovers or nothin' at all. 252HP / 232Def / 24SpDef pl0x.

Starmie: Fine.

Lucario: No Close Combat is ;_____;. Bulk it up, give it enough speed to beat max speed, neutral natured Heracross and pump the rest to HP. Choice Band it, Lum Berry honestly ain't helpin' much. Adamant nature always, Timid ones are horrendous.

Porygon-Z: Timid, pump speed till you beat Adamant Garchomp and max SpAtk, then add the leftovers to HP. Thunderbolt>Ice Beamz.
    I disagree since bolt beam works better TOGETHER.

Nothing can take a hit in this team and that's going to cost you.

LO Gyardos weak, Salamence weak, Porygon-Z weak, Swampert weak, Weavile weak, Garchomp weak, Azelf weak, Gengar weak, Heracross weak, Togekiss weak, SpecsTran weak, MSZapdos weak, CB Slaking weak, SubSeed Sceptile weak, Breloom, Gallade weak, Medicham weak, CMCune weak, Tyranitar weak, Celebi weak, and CMKou weak.
    1. electivire counters t-tar, tran and celebi (Which is not a sweeper but a cleric).

Other than that, great job =)

Everything is in bold. And

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    boo, why'd you say boltbeam should be run together? You know, both moves are still plenty usable without the other...EDIT: Swellow has a bad movepool. But pursuit is fun.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Oh ok I guess for long run I will put Flame orb but can Swellow learn anything that is not normal or flying that isn't steel wing?

Honestly it needs protect in that last slot or youll die before you get a chance to sweep.

It learns Brave Bird, you may want to consider that.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Protect is into consideration but if things get bad shouldn't I use just use U-turn seeing as this team is for single battle on battle revolution.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Protect is into consideration but if things get bad shouldn't I use just use U-turn seeing as this team is for single battle on battle revolution.

Its mainly there to activate the Burn Orb so you get the guts boost to start without taking damage.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    yes I've never used orb's how do they work? and how many things can outspeed Swellow?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    yes I've never used orb's how do they work? and how many things can outspeed Swellow?

Its activated on the end of the first turn.

So basically

GO Swellow !

Swellow uses protect.

Opponent uses attack

Swellow was burned by the orb.

The only things that outspeed swellow are (Weavile has the same speed as it and so does darkrai) Crobat, Aerodactyl, Jolteon, Electrode, Ninjask and the Ubers like mewtwo and Deoxys. The ubers you shouldnt be seeing at all.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Even with the ev's( it sucks that there my biggest weaknesses) I have on it and thanks for the explanation.

I now have 2 special sweepers, 1 physical sweeper, 1 nasty plot passer, and a spinner/ physical wall.

Is there any specific special defense wall you would recommend seeing my biggest weakness is rock, and electric.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Even with the ev's( it sucks that there my biggest weaknesses) I have on it and thanks for the explanation.

I now have 2 special sweepers, 1 physical sweeper, 1 nasty plot passer, and a spinner/ physical wall.

Is there any specific special defense wall you would recommend seeing my biggest weakness is rock, and electric.

Forretress covers your rock weakness somewhat.

You can use Blissey, but seeing as some people dont like it you can use Snorlax, Dusknoir etc.

Also put Jolly instead of timid on Swellow as timid takes away from its attack.

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Swellow has a terrible moveset. It is uncapable of damaging Ghost and Steel types, and can be taken out quite easily.

Back