• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can people help me make a team (helpful critism is needed)

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    The really sad part is most of the pokemon I am really weak against are mostly overused. Man I will put EQ in place of body slam and Crunch in place of fire punch since that takes care of my problems.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The really sad part is most of the pokemon im really weak against are mostly very overused.

That's what happens when you make a team for the Standard Metagame.

Man i will put Eq in place of body slam since that takes care of my problems.

I really hope you have crunch then...

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    If there is any other weaknesses to my team ,if so please let me know and yes I tried to edit my post quickly seeing as how you seem to know a lot I will listen to your advice and put crunch in there.

Do you think there is to many HP Ev's in Starmie?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    If there is any other weaknesses to my team ,if so please let me know and yes I tried to edit my post quickly seeing as how you seem to know a lot I will listen to your advice and put crunch in there.

Do you think there is to many HP Ev's in Starmie?

No that Starmie set is fine and very bulky. But i must ask you, why are you running Rapid Spin evs, when the one move that makes it a Rapid Spinner is missing.

Try this

Starmie@leftovers /Life Orb /Wise Glasses
    Timid Nature
    216 SPEED / 252 SP.ATT / 42 HP
    - ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Psychic / Grass Knot
    - Thunderbolt

Move tutor...in emerald. But it's stupid to use it when STAB return does mroe than supereffective fire punch, and EQ deals with steels.

its actually mainly for Bronzong who lols at most snorlax sets and does more than fire Blast to it.

@Name i thought you'd left. Im glad your back though.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Can a breeder make a IV spread for my Forretress please because it is hard to tell which stats I should try to get perfect.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    IVs? you'll want VERY high HP and defense for sure. After that, Atk and SDef are nice to have. If you're running gyro ball, you'll need a 0 speed IV.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Thank you i think my goals wil be perfect hp ,zero speed , and then 25+ defense and special defense

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    That will work. 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def is what I run, but anything works really as long as it goes over 400 Def and runs close to max HP. Relaxed Nature.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    yes im breeding alot but so far not much porgress and im only gonna iv breed the ones that have genders because without it would be too hard

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    So your genderless Pokemon are going to suffer. With that stance, your team may not survive. Please reconsider that stance. You need to get good IVs for EVERYONE.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    But what am i supposed to do make good ditto that is too much work because what is more important nature or iv?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Both. Both are very important. I know it's a lot of work but achieving a well-balanced, powerful team takes time. Keep it up. It'll work out in the end if you're patient.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    But what am i supposed to do make good ditto that is too much work because what is more important nature or iv?

Getting good Dittos is easy. Get a Ralts with Synchronize with the Nature you want, then catch Dittos like there's no tomorrow. Odds are that one of them will be somewhat usable.

Back