• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Can Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Pokemons traded to HG/SS Game?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    On whether they can trade with D/P/Pt... isn't much of a challenging question - for starters, the GS remakes are made in the same generation as D/P/Pt, for the same platform, running on the same game mechanics (they're not going to go change them here, given it's still a 4th gen game). Then there's the fact that in D/P/Pt, they have in-game coding allowing Pokemon to say that they 'come from Johto' - so that just shows they're already capable of such a thing. (It was one of the main 'clues' towards the GS remakes, before they were announced).

Of course, what is unknowns is when trading with those games is allowed... it depends, really, on how much they want to keep the player to certain Pokemon (i.e. the 1st and 2nd gen) or not. If they do it ala FR/LG, then it might only be after the Nat. dex... although, if you recall GSC, Bill sets up the time machine when you reach the 4th gym - possibly, trading with D/P/Pt could be activated then (if not beforehand?).

For now - nobody knows, and unless they say so either way, we may only actually find out when the games are released in Japan, really - so it's basically a waiting game.

And with cheats - well heck, cheats can basically bypass anything, so... what's the question behind that? It'd be possible for sure via that avenue, I suppose... =/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's a given that you can obtain all the other newer Generation Pokémon with an AR, but it won't be so legit and it'll only be beating around the bushes of the system.

There were many references from Sinnoh to Johto, them being in the same time frame is one of them. With that, a time machine probabaly won't be needed, because the most they can do is allow Wi-Fi trade and wireless link trades between the two game. Having coding of Johto already in Diamond and Pearl, and more than likely Platinum only pushes the thought further. So, more than likely, yes, it'll be compatable and trade, battles, etc. will more than likely be able to be done.

Though, there could possibly be a limit to it even after, according to whether or not the remakes bring in items such as the acorns, which was never brought up in DPPt. Though, there are ways to fix that problem if utilized correctly. The best we really can do is wait for more information liek stated before.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    It's a given that you can obtain all the other newer Generation Pokémon with an AR, but it won't be so legit and it'll only be beating around the bushes of the system.

There were many references from Sinnoh to Johto, them being in the same time frame is one of them. With that, a time machine probabaly won't be needed, because the most they can do is allow Wi-Fi trade and wireless link trades between the two game. Having coding of Johto already in Diamond and Pearl, and more than likely Platinum only pushes the thought further. So, more than likely, yes, it'll be compatable and trade, battles, etc. will more than likely be able to be done.

Though, there could possibly be a limit to it even after, according to whether or not the remakes bring in items such as the acorns, which was never brought up in DPPt. Though, there are ways to fix that problem if utilized correctly. The best we really can do is wait for more information liek stated before.
    So trades is possible? Yehey!.. I Would like to trade with my friend XD!

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Its not like there are any program limitations between the two sets of games (Gen I/II Poké-loss, thy name is R/S/E). Johto data has already been confirmed in Gen IV, so the only known limit right now is obtaining National Dex in HG/SS.

Sweet Jasmine

Years
    Its not like there are any program limitations between the two sets of games (Gen I/II Poké-loss, thy name is R/S/E). Johto data has already been confirmed in Gen IV, so the only known limit right now is obtaining National Dex in HG/SS.
    Yeah i already know that :3... By the way thanks for the information.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    in D/P/Pt couldn't you get national pokedex pokemon, even if you don't have it, by trading with someone who does?

In DPPt they allowed extended trades no matter of having the National Dex or not, but hopefully that won't be the case with HeartGold and SoulSilver until after the National Dex is 100% obtained by either catching them all or seeing them all.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It's more than likely that the player is able to do such things once he/she obtains the national dex; until then, however, it won't be possible. I can see another part of the trading center above the Pokémon Center to be opened after the player recieves the dex.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    i would imagine that you would be able to trade between games evn before the national dex and it would still work like d/p. the thing im REALLY wondering about is what the info for the hg/ss will say under the trainer memo. (suddenly those shots of the johto chikorita r starting to look very real to all of us)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    maybe it will include the ability to trade eggs like platinum. i think the game would better with the III and IV generations. only just the ones that evolve from I and II generation before the national dex. ambipom, electvire, magmortor,yanmega,honchkrow,happiny, munchlax, weavile, gliscor, lickilicky, leafeon, glaceon, togekiss, magnezone, tangrowth, rhyperior,porygon-z, mamoswine should be the only ones included before the national dex

Years
    Obviously they will be compatible since they're running on the same hardware and are based on the same game engine. It's not like there's going to be any new Pokémon or anything.

The worst they might do is something similar to the Network Machine gems quest in FR/LG, but seeing how it's three years later, I would expect Celio and friends are done building the data network in the Poké-world, and Sinnoh can already connect with Johto.

The Time Capsule is a likely candidate to replace Pal Park--to trade Pokémon from three (more like five this time around -.-) years ago--those in R/S/FR/LG/E, to the present. I'm hoping for two-way transferring this time, but I know it's a long shot.

Sweet Jasmine

Years
    Obviously they will be compatible since they're running on the same hardware and are based on the same game engine. It's not like there's going to be any new Pokémon or anything.

The worst they might do is something similar to the Network Machine gems quest in FR/LG, but seeing how it's three years later, I would expect Celio and friends are done building the data network in the Poké-world, and Sinnoh can already connect with Johto.

The Time Capsule is a likely candidate to replace Pal Park--to trade Pokémon from three (more like five this time around -.-) years ago--those in R/S/FR/LG/E, to the present. I'm hoping for two-way transferring this time, but I know it's a long shot.
    Your obviously right. I hope Sinnoh will connect Johto :3

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    hmm
    i think they will be tradeable but only after you defeat the league of johto, i cant wait to play on kanto again, remaking 2 whole regions.

spose it can give them an insight to a DS version of FR/LG?

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
    Um. I think you could not get a trade unless you have a National Dex. Because maybe the pokemon won't obey you.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    True it is a generation IV game. Plus, not to mention the news that there will be a battle scene of it, I think involving Sinnoh Starters vs. Johto Starters. With this, I would presume that compatability with the IV Type Generation games will be likely to be connectable with each other. With this, it'll allow trades, battles, and Wi-Fi compatability for certain events as well I would presume. I wouldn't have seen any reason not to allow the games to be compatable though. To me it seems pretty obvious it would have been made that way, seeing as how RSE and FRLG were compatable after a small quest was completed involving Team Rocket on the Sevii Islands. There might be something of similar ways that we might have to do before trading with DPPt and HGSS, but we'll hopefully find that out sometime later down the road.

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
    True it is a generation IV game. Plus, not to mention the news that there will be a battle scene of it, I think involving Sinnoh Starters vs. Johto Starters. With this, I would presume that compatability with the IV Type Generation games will be likely to be connectable with each other. With this, it'll allow trades, battles, and Wi-Fi compatability for certain events as well I would presume. I wouldn't have seen any reason not to allow the games to be compatable though. To me it seems pretty obvious it would have been made that way, seeing as how RSE and FRLG were compatable after a small quest was completed involving Team Rocket on the Sevii Islands. There might be something of similar ways that we might have to do before trading with DPPt and HGSS, but we'll hopefully find that out sometime later down the road.
    You're right. We could try it after the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver. That's the only thing we could find the answer.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    The battle scene mentioned earlier is going to be shown through Pokemon Battle Revolution, and the Johto starters are already obtainable, so that doesn't say much. Anyways, there will definately be compatibility between Hoenn/Sinnoh and Johto after some point. It would be a terrible idea on their part to not do that XD

Back