• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Can we change our username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
  • If I recall, as long as you don't pretend to be someone else, it should be fine.

But don't take my work entirely on it.

Kisharu

Professional Thief
    Years
  • Is there a way to be able to change the username without registering again? I'd love to change my username, but I don't want to have to re-register and lose what little posts I have..

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Is there a way to be able to change the username without registering again? I'd love to change my username, but I don't want to have to re-register and lose what little posts I have..

There's no way to, unfortunately. The ability for us to change our names was gotten rid of a few weeks back. Long story short, it was hard on the servers and caused a lot of database errors. People who were around during that time got one last chance to change their usernames, and now days.. we just don't have the choice anymore.

Sooo yeah, there's no way to change your username unless you just make another account. :/

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Awww... That sucks! =[ I didn't realize that they would be closing the name-changing thread so soon! I was thinking of a new name but then they closed the thread! =[ Oh, the sadness! I guess I'm stuck with this username..... Which makes me sad...... Oh well...... /o_o\

NatureKeeper

Just to confirm what Jubilation wrote, you can make a new account with the name you want and all will be fine, as long as you don't pretend to be someone else.

I think you can create another account, but as long as you do not abuse any double-account powers, you can do what you want.

Try not to spam it up, though.

On topic, it was available, however now because of database errors, we lost the ability too. So, 2010 was the end of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back