• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you make an event that can only be walked on by another event?

Years
  • Hi!

I was wondering because I'm trying to make a little puzzle where you push boulders down holes, but unlike with the Ice Cave, I want the boulders to fill the holes so the player can then walk on them. This was in BW & XY I'm sure, not certain about earlier generations though.
    I tried but I can't figure out two things: how to make it so that the event "hole" recognizes that another event has touched it?
    And how do I allow this other event (the boulder) to walk on the "hole" one without giving this permission to the player as well?

Is this possible?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    how to make it so that the event "hole" recognizes that another event has touched it?
    The same way the example maps do. There's a parallel process event in the map which checks the coordinates of the boulder, and does something if it's in a particular spot.

And how do I allow this other event (the boulder) to walk on the "hole" one without giving this permission to the player as well?
    Once you've pushed the boulder onto the hole (see above for how to check this), make the boulder event disappear and change one of the hole's self switches. Make the hole event work/look differently if that self switch is on (i.e. let the player walk over it, rather than teleport them). Simple RMXP skills.

Years
  • The same way the example maps do. There's a parallel process event in the map which checks the coordinates of the boulder, and does something if it's in a particular spot.

Alright, did this, thanks!

Maruno said:
    Once you've pushed the boulder onto the hole (see above for how to check this), make the boulder event disappear and change one of the hole's self switches. Make the hole event work/look differently if that self switch is on (i.e. let the player walk over it, rather than teleport them). Simple RMXP skills.

But the problem is that I want the player to be able to be blocked by the hole tile. As in, walk over to it and that it acts like a wall. But if I do this, the boulder cannot be pushed on it. Is there any way around that?

Back