• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't Acces to Pokedex!

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    Hi, I've been retired of developing my game for 2 months, and today I wanted to update my game to the new version of Pokemon Essentials.
    I did it with success and everything is working good, but i don't know what i did wrong, that when i press the pokedex button, this bug appears:
    Can't Acces to Pokedex!

Can anyone helps me with this? I already modified the settings and the townmap.txt, and set the correct pokedex section to the pokemons.
    What should i try?
    Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    Please help! Anybody knows how to fix this?
    Im stucked in my project just because of this!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Are you using one of FL's scripts for the advanced Pokedex? I'm pretty sure "DEXINDEXOFFSETS" are from that script and my guess is you did something wrong installing it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    Are you using one of FL's scripts for the advanced Pokedex? I'm pretty sure "DEXINDEXOFFSETS" are from that script and my guess is you did something wrong installing it.
    No, I haven't touched the pokedex script. Any solution?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    DEXINDEXOFFSETS are in Settings script In Pokemon Essentials and the line should look like this DEXINDEXOFFSETS=[] i think.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    DEXINDEXOFFSETS is from Essentials v13. What Peaverin has done is refuse to update his game properly - he's tried adding bits and pieces from Essentials to his existing code, rather than add his game's bits and pieces to Essentials.

I'm sorry, but the wiki clearly states what to do. I'm not going to support anyone doing it incorrectly, because letting people think that it's okay to update their games the wrong way around can so easily lead to lots of problems that no one wants to deal with.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    DEXINDEXOFFSETS is from Essentials v13. What Peaverin has done is refuse to update his game properly - he's tried adding bits and pieces from Essentials to his existing code, rather than add his game's bits and pieces to Essentials.

I'm sorry, but the wiki clearly states what to do. I'm not going to support anyone doing it incorrectly, because letting people think that it's okay to update their games the wrong way around can so easily lead to lots of problems that no one wants to deal with.
    No, that's not what i've done, altough that's is the first thing u can think after reading the main post.
    I erased by error that line while matching the new settings script with mine.
    So now's fixed.
    Thanks venom12 for the information, it was just an error I had while modifying the settings scripts.

Last edited:
    Back