• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Capture the Flag

Years
  • Capture the Flag

Pick one unevolved Pokemon that is not a legendary, mythical, regional form, or starter. When posting in this thread, you have the option to either steal one Pokemon from the person directly above you, or defend against the person below you. You can not defend two times in a row if someone attacks you while you are defending.
    Every so often, special events will happen and new actions may become available as I refine the ruleset and improve the game. Hopefully this will be fun!
    Please format your actions like this at the bottom of your post:

# of Pokemon: 1
    19.png

Current Action: Defending

So what's your thoughts on each of the remakes? Do you think that some of them do a better job than others?

Event Pokemon!
    Choose one of these three to capture:
    1.png
    4.png
    7.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • A new game! Let me give it a try. I'm excited about this. It seems like a blend of vpp, the great Pokemon battle and train, store, release.

My thoughts on each of the remakes?

Spoiler:

Edited!

147.png

Current Action: attacking

Capturing Charmander for my event mon!

4.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • I got no idea what site your using for the images, so I'll just nab mine of off Serebii.

574.png

Current Action: Attacking

Curious to see how this turns out; the person above me is defending and I'm attacking. Is it like a dice roll to determine what happens?

Is the Event pokemon seperate from attacking the person above or not?
    if it is I'll nab the
    001.png

As for the remakes I don't think I dislike any of them.
    HGSS and ORAS I like the most myself.
    FRLG were okay, and BDSP is pretty good.
    Not that big on the mechanics of Let's Go so I'd give that a 'meh'

Last edited:
    Years
  • A new game! Let me give it a try. I'm excited about this. It seems like a blend of vpp, the great Pokemon battle and train, store, release.

147.png

Current Action: Defending

I hope I'm doing this right. If there's something that needs changing, give me a shout, and i'll edit my post. I would like to capture a Charmander for my event Pokemon.

4.png

My thoughts on each of the remakes?

Spoiler:

You can't take the event mon if you're defending, you'd have to attack me to nab it.
    Also, the bit on what pokemon you have should go at the bottom, preferably centered but that's just a personal preference lol

I got no idea what site your using for the images, so I'll just nab mine of off Serebii.

574.png

Curious to see how this turns out; the person above me is defending and I'm attacking. Is it like a dice roll to determine what happens?

Is the Event pokemon seperate from attacking the person above or not?
    if it is I'll nab the
    001.png

As for the remakes I don't think I dislike any of them.
    HGSS and ORAS I like the most myself.
    FRLG were okay, and BDSP is pretty good.
    Not that big on the mechanics of Let's Go so I'd give that a 'meh'

I got my images from https://pokengine.org/dexes/Nintendo, but bulbapedia or serebii should work. Please use the box icon images to conserve space.
    For now, attacking someone who's defending will remove their ability to defend next turn, otherwise they can defend again. The OP will be edited to reflect that rule.
    (sorry if the rules change a bit, I'm trying to figure out the most balanced way to handle this)

Event Pokemon!
    Choose one of these three to capture:
    1.png
    4.png
    7.png

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    :t027:

Chooses :t007: to capture.

(Used the forum's smilies. Enlarged it with size=6 tags. May be more convenient than grabbing files. Includes all 386 Pokemon in Trozei.)

Remakes: Only played a few.
    - Fire Red: Improves the original Red/Blue through held items and abilities. Views Sevii Isles as forgettable.
    - Omega Ruby: Gives you the Physical/Special split, an unbalanced Experience Share, and a few megas. Wanted a lot more changes, particularly with Pokemon choice. Disliked the region's Pokemon. Locked you to that until postgame (or close to it?).

Years
  • # of Pokémon: 1
    :t179:

Going with
    7.png
    to try and catch! Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

So what's your thoughts on each of the remakes? Do you think that some of them do a better job than others?
    Huge fan of most of them, but my main favorites are HGSS, ORAS, and FRLG. HGSS brought so much to the table features-wise and really fleshed Johto out, ORAS was just addicting for me and I couldn't stop battling in super-secret bases and training up megas, and FRLG was very fun in the form of Sevii Islands + VS Seeker. <3

Back