• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

card collector

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    hello im a card collector.
    i have been collecting cards from all series in the past few years..
    only few packs in 1 year for 10 years.
    now i wanna start collect cards and buy box packs tins and blister packs.
    my qustion is:
    what u guys think i should foucs on??
    complete 1 sereis like "call of the legends" for example and then get all the cards of other sereis?
    or buy difrent packs and focus to get as much "rare" and holo" cards as i can from all series.

now for Q 2

how should i order my album?
    all the cards of 1 series in "x" pages etc
    order them buy kinds?
    or order buy holoes>rares>commons

and last question
    if amazon dont wright near the boosters it isnt in japanise
    the cards lang is enligsh right?
    thanks for guys who help

Last edited:

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    If you just collect to collect, I would say the older cards are a better start, although they cost an arm and a leg. Unless there's a card you want from a newer set or you actually play the game, collecting cards from the newer sets isn't all that worth it.

Personally for your sake as a collector, I would pay very close attention to the tcg. As cards get older, they get more pricey overall, and as certain sets go out of rotation their prices start to go down.

As far as me and collecting goes, I only collect cards from my favorite artists. Aside from the Japanese-only pokepark cards and the jumbo birthday pikachu card, I have every other card from my favorite artist.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    when u say artist what u mean?
    and dude thnx much for answear buy i got alot of cards from oldest sereis
    and i just wanna know what should i focus on?
    complete series?
    or get alot of rares and holos from diffrent sereis
    including old and new series

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    If you want every card ever, then focus on a single series at a time. If you just want the holos, I would see how much they cost online individually. I really got into the game more for playing it than collecting cards, but you as a collector control what cards you want and which you don't, and for what reason.

The only card for collector's sake that I'm searching for right now is the grass Neo Revelations Celebi card. I just really collect my favorite pokes and pokes drawn by my favorite card artists. If a card falls into both categories then it's a huge want for me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    thanx again but see how i thought about that
    im only 16 years old i am working getting 250$ per month
    im from israel by the way so i order cards from amazon and shopuld pay more 40$ for shiping so its pretty expensive but much cheaper then local stores here.
    for example in israel i pay for 1 pack 8$
    if i buy 36 in pack ill pay only 4.5$ per pack

so i thought if ill by once per 3 month packs
    and evry single month about tin and blister pacs
    its about 12packs in 2 months
    so about 120 random cards
    do u think its good idea?

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    I only spend about $8 a month on packs, unless I have extra money and feel that I absolutely need something. I would say that tins are my favorite way to get packs, because they have the same value as the packs inside plus they come with a promo. I personally think that's a good value, but how you choose to buy your packs is totally up to you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    look cash i work for its for spend i dont need the cash for living or somthing like that
    but the main idea is
    to get most of cards from one sereis and pile of cards from other sereirs
    so its about 360 cards from one sereis thats why i dont know if it worth it
    i gonna get alot of junk and about 55 difrent rares and holos cards.
    so i probably complete the sereis but no all cards shiny and my main idea is to get as much shiny as i can cos as i said im collector.
    but i cant relly decide if my way is better then buy only single packs/blister packs/tin packs .
    if u were me whar r u doing?

Years
    It's completely up to you as to what you want to collect. Whole sets fetch more if you're looking to re-sell them. Intact booster boxes are worth more than whole sets, as well.

Amazon and eBay are both great places to get individual and large lots of older cards.

I personally just buy boosters of newer sets pretty often to get more into "circulation" (read: sit in boxes of mine for years and years because I forget I have them and only get one each of most really valuable cards). That and I really enjoy opening newer packs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    i dont look to re-sell cards
    i only wanna get big collcetion whit alot of rares and holos
    but i still can choose between buying tins and blisters only
    or buy once few months box 2... =s

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    and whihc order of cards u think will be the best

-order by series
    -order by kinds
    -order by rare

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    thnx and from 36 boosters i wont complete set i think ill still miss few cards
    so thes cards i shoul buy by singles?

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    I'd honestly stick with buying a set that is in NM-Mint condition. Boxes are usually expensive, although it is pretty nice to complete a set on your own. It's your call

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    i wanna get em by opening packs/trade cards/buy single cards

think about that it isnt realy fun to buy set...

Back