• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
  • Yes, yes, I know the title makes it sound like this is an Abridged Series roleplay. Unfortunately, running one of those would be even more impossible then running this one, which is going to be a difficult enough matter. Before we move on to the actual plot of this roleplay, I'd like to point out that as I suck at card games, I'm looking for somebody slightly more experienced at playing them to give me a hand. (Yes, I, wordiest RPer of the month, need help to play children's card games.) If I don't have anybody to help I'll start the roleplay anyway, but it would be nice if I did...
    ATTENTION DUELISTS! MY HAIR IS WRITING THE PLOT!

It happened fifteen years after Muto Yugi, the reigning King of Games, ascended his throne. Through many trials he had somehow managed to stay atop his throne, even without the help of his former "otherworldly" partner. However, his life was rocked with a tragedy when mere days after winning his fifteenth straight KC tournament duel his grandfather, Muto Sugoroku, suffered a fatal heart attack. Three days later, Muto Yugi ascended a podium at a press release and made the controversial announcement that he would be retiring from proffesional dueling in order to take over his Grandfather's position as the proprietor of the Domino City Games Shop. In other words, the coveted title of "Duelist King" is now up for grabs. However, the problem remained as to how the new King of Games would be selected. The problem was argued back and forth by various factions, until finally a compromise was reached. Two weeks after Yugi's announcement, Kaiba Seto and Pegasus J. Crawford, the owners of two of the biggest gaming companies in the market, finally announced that they would be sponsoring a worldwide tournament, open to any and all duelists. The tournament's opening rounds would take place in the large country of America, and eventually move first to Germany, then Domino City, and finally, to Egypt. The winner would be considered worthy of holding the coveted title "King of Games".

However, dark powers are stirring. There are rumours of duelists with cards that have had dark magic sealed in them. There are fanatics who will do anything to win the tournament. And somewhere in Egypt, the Sennen items are still there, their powers sealed. And even with a collapsed temple covering them, their powers can still be faintly detected. And if someone with a strong enough will were to approach them...

But no. That couldn't happen...

After all, the Sennen items set off the Yami no Game events years ago. If even one of them were to find their way into the hands of anyone, good or evil...

Chaos.

ATTENTION DUELISTS! MY HAIR IS DONE WRITING NOW!

Okay, let's break this down. Basically, we are all compeititors in the tournament. And by the way, this tournament does consider all aspects of GX to be canon, but the plot does not revolve around said aspects. (Aspects here meaning duel spirits and Duel Academia). All duels, until the finals, will be conducted between your character and NPCs, in which you will dictate the actions. You need not post duels, however, unless you want to. Most of the story will focus on the interaction between our characters and as we get closer to Egypt, and once we get their it will focus mostly on the possibility of a re-awakening of the Sennen items. Anyway, here's how to sign up:

Name: (You know, the thing your parents call you by.)

Age: (The number of revolutions you have made around the nearest star to Earth)

Personality: (A good six lines, please, unless you can pack a heck of a lot into less)

Appearance: (I'll be very forgiving here, so just give me a good idea of what your character looks like. There's no line minimum, but try to aim for at least six in order to give everyone a good idea of your character's appearance.)

History: (Optional, but if you do one it had better be at least six lines.)

Deck: (Give me a decklist, and a description of any made up cards and their effects. The deck should be built reasonably well, since the build of your deck affects whether or not you will be KoG when we get to the finals. Decklist MUST be complete, but you need not have a side deck, as all duels will be played using offical TCG rules, with the exception of the "Three duels in a match" thing. We don't want to draw these out TOO long.)

Other: (Anything else you wanna put).

IF YOU HAVE A DUEL SPIRIT YOU MUST FILL OUT HISTORY AND PROMISE NOT TO GOD-MODE IT OR USE IT AS A DEUS EX MACHINA.

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER FROM THE SERIES (All GX and and original series characters are open with the exceptions of Yugi, Honda, Anzu, and Pegasus, since Honda and Anzu are idiots, Yugi is laying around at home, and Pegasus is mine.) YOU MUST HAVE AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER OF YOUR OWN INVENTION ALREADY ACCEPTED AND HAVE YOUR REQUEST APPROVED BY THE RP MASTER, AKA ME.

THE FOLLOWING CARDS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN YOUR DECK:

Sacred Beasts

All Neo-Spacian monsters.

All Cyber-Dragon and Cyber-Dark monsters.

Chaos Emperor Dragon.

Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning.

Blue Eyes White Dragon.

All Destiny Heroes.

All Crystal Beast/Gem Beast monsters.

Anything banned on the current official banlist at Upperdeck.com (which can be found here:https://entertainment.upperdeck.com/yugioh/en/gameplay/forbidden/advanced_current.aspx)

I realize that all of these make deck-building a bit restrictive, but things must be kept Canon, ne?

Also, rules: As RP master, I say who wins each duel in the finals, along with my jury of roleplayers. That is to say, if you and your opponent don't give me a decision within 72 hours of your match being announced about the winner and send it to me, I will decide, and all my decisions are final. If I say you lose, you lose. You and your opponent may then stage a duel, or one of you could write it alone, or whatever, I don't care, just work it out over PM or something. Anyway, that pretty much covers it, so I'll just post the rules.

1. All original characters will be referred to by their Japanese names, last name first.

2. No God-Modding. Not that there will be much chance for you to do so, but if there is, don't take advantage of it.

3. No powerplaying or bunnying without getting permission and notifying me, please.

4. No questioning the laws of ACC. If I say no, then no.

5. No over-the-top romance. You know what I mean here, I trust.

6. You aren't Kaiba. Even if you have money, you are not allowed to screw the rules.

7. I have the right to turn you down for no good reason. (.00000000001 percent chance of that actually happenning.)

8. Mary Sue-ism is equivalent to Nazism here. You use it, you get shot by the UN.

9. Use the force only when necessary.

10. References to the Abridged series are permitted, but don't completely fill your post with them.

11. Finally, all made-up cards in your deck must be submitted and considered balanced in the "Make Your Card" thread in the "Other Cards" sub-forum.

Anything the rules leave open, feel free to ask about. Don't complain unless you have a really good reason to do so. And have fun!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to include this important little rule:

12. I would have hoped it would be fairly obvious to you all, but I must post it now. All made-up cards must be your own original work. If you take a card from somebody else without their explicit permission, you will be considered a thief and possibly banned. There, it's even highlighted for you. Don't be evil.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Alright, JBC, you are RESERVED.

Wow, that was quick. XD

Anybody else who knows more about children's card games then I do?

*tumbleweed blows by*

Anyone?

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Before I sign, are we allowed to have the card Final Countdown? Im not sure if its banned or not.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • OOC:

Not sure myself. Go look at the banlist at upperdeck.com. If it says it's banned there, it's banned in the roleplay. I'd better post a link in the sign-up, eh?

Alright, I'm back, and I didn't see Final Countdown on the banlist, so you're good.

Last edited:

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I would like a reserve also, same reason as JBCPeace

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Ohhh! Me, me, ME! RPer of the month wants to be in this! How DARE you worthless knaves make reservations before me?! >O

Anyways, just a small question: would it be OK to have two spirits? You see...I sort of wanted to use Pikeru and Curran to reflect the two different sides of my character's mind. If that goes against your grand scheme, don't worry; I'll just write it off as my character projecting psychological issues into children's playing cards. They'd be more hindrance than help, though. ;3 Oh, and I'm open for helping or whatever, but I'm not that good either so...yeah. ^-^

By the way, I notice that this form has no gender field. Is it too presumptuous of me to add my own? Aww...screw the rules, I'm adding it anyways.

SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME SIGN-UP SHEET FTW! *Shot*

Name: Tacey Juliet Edgeworth

Home Country: Originally England, moved to Domino City, Japan for business reasons.

Personality: If asked to describe Tacey by one word, the common man on the street would probably go with 'crazy' while those a bit more aware of her heritage would choose the more diplomatic 'eccentric'. Her persona seems to shift between a kind, charitable rich girl who is out to make the world a better place for all and a malicious little brat who loves nothing more than to rub her checkbook in the face of anyone who seems to be even a little bit worse off than her. Having been pampered and raised in luxury, Tacey always seems to be looking down on people from the lower social classes - although how she looks down on them varies between scorn and pity, depending on her mood - and always considers herself the natural 'leader' of any given group because of her heritage. She's also very accustomed to getting her way, and when this doesn't happen the offending party will be subjected to bribery, threats, screaming, pouting, whining, crying, kicking, and biting in no particular order until they give in. When she gets it into her head that something needs to happen she does everything in her power to make it so, and seeing as how she believes that the world basically revolves around her, Tacey is not very prone to believing that she simply can't do something. She's not without a soft side, however, and to those few who can stand her mood swings, condescending attitude, and bossiness she can actually be a good - not to mention useful - friend to have and once she decides that someone is her friend...well, that's that. She's been known to be very generous among those she likes, and truly vicious towards anyone who dares pick on her friends. Raised primarily among people far older than her, she does - however - have some problems with interacting with others her age who aren't servants. Proud as she is, Tacey would never admit such a flaw - or any flaw for that matter - and simply hides behind her haughty persona when things get too uncomfortable for her.

Needless to say, Tacey does not have very many friends, and popular rumor has it that her loneliness first got her into playing children's card games as a pass time, a rumor which is only strengthened by the persistent reports of Tacey talking to - or, rather, ranting at - two particular cards in her deck. Those in a position to even ask have been too concerned about their personal health to ask her about it, however.

Appearance: Disappointingly average in height, what she lacks in stature Tacey makes up for with posture, always carrying herself with the dignity required from properly raised rich little daddy's girls. Her skin is ivory colored, a pigment which she goes to considerable lengths to protect as it - to her mind - is a perfect sign of nobility and which further enhances the slightly doll-like appearance of her thin frame with its delicate fingers and heart-shaped face. Tacey's hair - in contrast - is of a very dark purple color, usually descending from her head to a fair bit below her shoulders in a mass of elegant curls. Her eyes are a dark blue and usually they're the clearest indicator of what mood she is in as her killing stare is not something easily ignored by those around her.

When it comes to clothing, Tacey's policy is to choose the specifics in accordance with the occasion, the problem being that her idea of what an 'occasion' is is somewhat different from most people's. She generally seems to favor dark colors for serious occasions and light ones for enjoyment. When it comes to tournament duels, she always dresses in a predominantly black and white outfit (She considers it a part of her 'dueling image'), typically wearing a white silk blouse with a black collar and black lining around the ends of the sleeves, a pair of red buttons granting it a tiny dash of color. This blouse is accompanied by a black, knee-high pleated skirt, while a pair of black shoes (open at the top except for a single strap) and a pair of white socks occupy her feet. On more casual occasions, Tacey has been known to go with far brighter colors - even pink or yellow - but the one thing she would not be caught dead wearing is a pair of trousers. To her mind, those are boy clothes and nothing a lady should ever even consider putting on herself.

History: The only daughter of the moderately famous electronics tycoon William Edgeworth and potential heiress to his multi-million empire, Tacey was effectively spoiled even at young age, courtesy of her parents' seemingly endless cash flow. As soon as it became feasible to do so, Tacey was put under the tutelage of the best personal instructors that money could buy in hopes that she would grow to become an educated and cultured lady befitting of the position as the family's figurehead. Sadly, his parents failed to account for the side-effect that such attention had on a young and still impressionable girl. Raised among people far older than her and told since day one that she was special, Tacey soon grew more than her fair-share of arrogance and inflated self-worth, and the fact that most employees were too frightened of being fired to argue with her didn't exactly help matters.

As the years passed, Tacey grew increasingly short-tempered and self-centered, exerting the full length of her influence on anyone and everyone she could. Servants and teachers were bad-mouthed and dismissed on a weekly - and at worst almost daily - basis and eventually even William had to face up to the fact that his sweet little daughter had turned into a household tyrant. It was then that the businessman - by chance - came up with the idea of introducing her to the game of duel monsters, a move which he hoped would not only get Tacey out of the house and into the company of children her age but would also move the Edgeworths just a little bit closer to KaibaCorp; their most important business partner. At first, Tacey was less than pleased by the prospect of playing a children's card game with a bunch of 'common scum', but at the same time her pride could not withstand the notion of some poor street kids being able to do something better than her and so she agreed.

Tacey's first encounter with the game was the result of many temper tantrums and more than one frustrated proclamation of 'I'll never touch those stupid things again!', but a few weeks after tossing away her first deck in sheer frustration and deciding that she would spend no more time on the ridiculous game, Tacey received a gift which has puzzled her ever since. It was a carefully wrapped package from a sender who chose to be referred to simply as a 'mystery admirer'; within was a collection of cards the likes of which the pampered rich girl had never even heard of, enclosed with a note claiming that they were unique and politely requesting that she played them. Intrigued, Tacey did just that, and soon after, a most peculiar change overtook her. For each day she spent with the game, Tacey seemed to become increasingly obsessed, spending more and more time looked up in her room with her card collection and less time picking on the housefolk. Soon after, she took up the habit of seemingly mumbling to - and often arguing with - herself behind locked doors. Disturbing though this news was, it was generally agreed that a slightly eccentric Tacey talking to herself was preferable to a frothing mad one tearing up the place, and - strangely enough - the girl had even started exhibiting rare moments of kindness, something which had been believed to be inconceivable. Over time, Tacey's skills with the game grew far beyond those of a mere amateur and - bored of hired opponents who had an annoying habit of making lame plays to suck up to her - she got into the competitive circuit, earning a bit of fame for herself for a number of local tournament victories. Of course, with her personality still being what it was, she was not content with some junk metal trophies or some symbolic pats on the back. No, like in everything else she wanted to be the best, and what better way to prove it than to obtain the title Yugi had so carelessly discarded? Besides, the hosts of the tournament were the two big names in duel monsters and certainly the most likely candidates to help unmask the so-called 'mystery admirer'.

Deck: Now with super special awesome custom cards. :3

Total: 42

Monsters (20)
    2x Ebon Magician Curran
    1x Princess Curran
    1x Princess Pikeru
    3x Royal Bodyguard
    3x Royal Emissary
    3x Royal Enforcer
    2x Royal Treasurer
    3x Royal Justice
    2x White Magician Pikeru

Spells (7)
    2x Coronation of the Princesses
    2x Court of Nobles
    1x Mystical Space Typhoon
    2x Noblesse Oblige

Traps (15)
    3x Forced Back
    2x Judgment of the Princesses
    3x Magic Jammer
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Negate Attack
    1x Ring of Destruction
    3x Solemn Judgement
    1x Trap Jammer

List of custom cards (In spoiler tags for convenience):

Spoiler:

Other: She's rich; obscenely rich. Ahem, yeah, as mentioned before Tacey spends a lot of time conversing - and arguing - with her two magician cards (Pikeru and Curran). Pikeru is the sweet and compassionate one, usually trying to convince Tacey to be nicer to the people around her and - in duels - constantly harping about caution and planning while Curran typically makes a point of contradicting Pikeru at every turn, always opting for 'screw everyone else, we're better than them' and high risk, high reward plays. Consequently, the two spend a lot of time bickering, which - of course - wears on Tacey's rather short fuse, often causing her to seemingly scream at thin air. At the end of the day, Pikeru and Curan - imaginary or no - are the closest thing Tacey has to friends, so she has learned tolerate their - often disruptive - presence and despite their differences the trio make for a truly fierce presence on the few occasions that they reach a consensus about something. Being the child of a rich electronics tycoon, Tacey is also usually in possession of the latest, spiffiest, and most expensive objects that handheld electronics and dueling technology have to offer.

No RP Samples either? =O

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Alter Ego:

I'm sorry, your sign-up was just not what we're looking for in this roleplay. Rejected

SIKE!

Okay, seriously, AE, you are more ACCEPTED in this roleplay that I am. And I'm the RP master. Plus, you're really good at playing card games, which is nice since now I don't have to beg you for help- I can just threaten to kick you out of the roleplay if you don't. XD

Moving on...

Alright, Omega, you are RESERVED. Now go do British things! In America!

Alright, I have to go finish *gasp* tweaking my character and building my Wandering deck. (AE knows what the heck I'm talking about there.) So you all can just sit around and rot in this plot for all I care. >.<

Years
  • Sweet! Yu-Gi-Oh! is one of my favorite animes so I'll sign up now. Oh, Seto Kaiba's name is not Kaiba Seto (I noticed that you put that in the plot.)

Name: Tyler Auran Daniels

Personality: Tyler is and always will be very competitive. Ever since he was a young boy, Tyler enjoyed games like tag and hide-and-seek because it was a time to see who could run the fastest or hide in the best spots. Even though Tyler is competitive he doesn't seem to aim for success in every competitive game. He doesn't mind if he loses, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't like losing. Tyler shows respect to those he thinks deserves it and not everyone he meets even though all his life he was to show respect to all the people he knew and didn't know. He can also be quite friendly if you don't get on his bad side before he gets a chance to try and make you a friend. If Tyler does decide that he wants to be friends with you and the two finally get that buddy relationship going you will also gain his trust and respect. Tyler will also try his best to protect you from harms way whenever he notices that you need help or you want him to help you.

Appearance: Tyler is normal height and weight for a boy his age. His hair is a very dark brown color that is cut short to his head. Tyler's eyes are a nice crystal blue color that just seem to pop out at you when you look at them. A few girls he dated have even said that it was easy for them to get lost in his eyes. Tyler just seems to laugh at these comments because he's never heard of anyone getting lost into the color of someones eyes. Covering his tan body is his normal style of clothing. Usually his torso has three layers on them. First is a long sleeved white or black shirt. Then, depending on the color, a black or white t-shirt that is just one size smaller than the long sleeved shirt so that he can show every edge of the shirt. Then on top of everything is the same black leather jacket. Tyler likes the jacket very much since it was the last gift his favorite uncle gave to him before his uncle died. He doesn't always ware the jacket because if the heat is pounding onto his body with the jacket then he would pass out very easily. His legs are protected by either black cargo pants or a pair of dark blue jeans, whichever he feels like putting on that day. Then on his feet are a pair of plain white shoes.

History: All Tyler remembers from when he was a very young child is that he lived with his aunt and uncle. They told Tyler that his parents had died on a trip to America and that the family had decided that if they were to die that Tyler was to go to his aunt and uncles house to live. Even though Tyler had no brother or sister of his own, he did have his two older cousins to hang out with. Those two were the ones to gave Tyler his competitive attitude since all three of them would play sports at the house. When Tyler was about ten though he decided that he needed to try something else besides sports. He tried a couple of things like marbles or board games, but it just wasn't the type of activity that he wanted to compete in.

After trying out different activities, Tyler soon found himself enjoying video games down at the arcade tons of fun and competitive. He could challenge high scores or other players in two-player games. He wasn't the best at video games but he enjoyed them almost as much as the sports that he would play with his cousins and friends. He started to search for something different when he was thirteen and that was when he found the greatest card game in the world, Duel Monsters.

With his allowance, Tyler bought tons of packs and started making a deck that he hoped would become the most powerful deck in the world. There were tournaments starting up left and right for this card game and Tyler realized that this was the best thing to do. He was the only one in his family to actually play the game so he had to practice at tournaments or with random people out in the streets. After two years he finally made a deck that he loved and thought would do well in this new card game. When he turned sixteen he had finally earned up enough money from work to buy a Duel Disk made by Kaiba Corp. Now he viewed himself as a powerful dueler. Now he wanted to become King of Games.

Deck: So you've banned pretty much every staple in the game?

Monsters
    1 Jinzo

3 Destroyersaurus
    3 Hydrogeddon
    3 Gigantes
    3 Card Trooper
    2 Tyranno Infinity
    2 Exploder Dragon
    2 Giant Rat
    1 Injection Fairy Lily

Spells
    3 Shrink
    3 Smashing Ground
    2 Soul Release
    2 Nobleman of Extermination
    2 Brain Control
    1 Snatch Steal
    1 Machine Duplication
    1 Heavy Storm
    1 Confiscation
    1 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps
    1 Mirror Force
    1 Torrential Tribute
    1 Ring of Destruction

Other: Can't think of anything.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Ummm...no, from the staple side he only banned Cyber Dragon, Diamond Dude, Dasher, Malicious, Disc Commander and the Crystal Beasts (Of these, only Cyber Dragon isn't a build specific staple). Demise and Six Samurai remain almost unmolested (Only thing is that Demise doesn't get Cyber Twin anymore). Also, the real every deck staples that are Mirror Force and Ring of Destruction also remain in the game. :3

Btw, careful ACC: threaten me and I'll have to give you detention in the academy. ;D

Okay, sorry for the OOC spammage but that faulty generalization just caught my eye. *Twitch*

Years
  • OOC: Sorry for this too. I said pretty much every staple. Currently you don't see a deck with out any of those you listed. The only options you have now of a deck are Six Samurai and a Monarch (Hate those cards). Demise, IMO, doesn't do well unless you have Twin in the deck. So you've pretty much have to experiment with other types of decks. I lucky and didn't have to build a deck from scratch because I just built that Horus/Dragun/Decree Lockdown deck.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Name: Cain Ritham

Personality: Cain is more or less the every man. He is friendly and is always trying to stop conflict. But Cain is complected. He is smart and uses logic or quotes many famous or well known people. However Cain is always wanting to make friends with the strangest of people. Usually it happens.

Cain however feels guilt over the slightest of choices. He feels guilty over spending to much money or spending not enough. When he hears someone beg he cannot feel any emotion other then pity and help fullness. But this usually lets people take advantage of him in any way possible.

Appearance: Cain is a slim teen at 5"5 and weighing in at 130 LBS. Axle has black hair shaped into a mullet. Axle has a slim face with no apparent facial blemishes and has blue eyes. Axle also has a surfer styled shark-tooth necklace which he places over everything. Mostly he doesn't care about his appearence but he still combs his hair and takes a shower regularly. So he looks rather well groomed

Deck: (68) (Note 90% of all these cards are in my own deck)

Monster (23)

1x: Dark Blade: His favorite card that he tries to use in every duel
    2x: Pitch-Dark Dragon: A card he tries to use as well. Since it works well with Dark blade
    1x: Gearfried the iron knight
    1x: Karate Man
    1x: Niwatori
    1x: Elemental hero Burstinatrix
    1x: Elemental hero Avian
    1x: Mystic Swordsmen lvl2
    1x: Master Kyonshee
    1x: Woodland Sprite
    1x: Gilford the Legend
    1x: Mystic Swordsman lvl4
    1x: Harpie's Brother
    1x: Blue Winged Crown
    1x: Baby Dragon
    1x: Time wizard
    1x: Firegrass
    1x: Petit dragon
    1x: Tainted Wisdom
    1x: ancient brain
    1x: Reaper of the cards
    1x: Labyrinth wall

Magic (23)
    1x: Malevolent Nuzzler
    1x: Fusion gate
    1x: United We Stand
    3x: Polymerization
    1x: Giant Trunade
    1x: Card Shuffle
    1x: Wicked-breaking Flamberge-baou
    1x: Burning Land
    1x: Snatch Steal
    1x: Share the pain
    1x: Lightning Vortex
    1x: Swords of concealing light
    1x: Vengeful Bog Spirit
    1x: Shield and sword
    1x: Mystical space typhoon
    1x: Fusion sword murasame blade
    1x: Gracefull dice
    1x: Scapegoat
    3x: Monster Reincarnation

trap (16)

1x: Call of the haunted
    1x: Fatal Abacus
    1x: Royal decree
    1x: Magic Jammer
    1x: Trap Jammer
    1x: Blast with chain
    1x: Pyro clock of destiny
    1x: Seven tools of the bandit
    2x: Trap hole
    1x: Bear trap
    2x: Jar of greed
    1x: Mispolymerization
    1x: Skull dice
    1x: Sakuretsu armor

fusion (6)

1x: Skull knight
    1x: Darkfire dragon
    1x: Elemental hero flaming wingman
    1x: Dark blade the dragon knight: He tries to use this card all the time
    1x: Punished eagle
    1x: Thousand dragon

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Okay...

JBC, that deck is probably going to die. You need more help with card games then I do. And your sign-up barely reaches the prerequisite of a six-line personality, and you really could have done more with appearance. ACCEPTED, but just barely. You underachieving person, you.

Lex: His name is "Kaiba Seto" when written surname first, Japanese style. Apparently you missed the part in the rules where I stated that Japanese-style names are being used for all original characters. And the cards banned are only banned because they belong to one specific character in the series, not because they're staples. *pokes*

All the same, you're Accepted.

Alter: If you give me dentention, at least Eran will have time to sleep off his hangover. XD

By the way, I'm going to enact yet another deck type ban that I missed before: Cyberdark is outlawed, since all Cyberdarks and Cyber Dragons existing in the series belong to Ryo (Aka Zane, for those of you who didn't watch GX in Japanese at least once.)

I'll have my own character up for posting as soon as I create a deck. And by the way, it would be nice if everyone else signing up made their character a native of an English-speaking country or gave them a very good reason to be bilingual, as I can't think of a good way to overcome any language barriers. XD

Last edited:

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Sorry dude. Forget my reserve. I really dont feel like Rping in this now. Sorry

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Lex: the only reason that statement holds true is because of Cyber Dragon and its indomitable splashability. A lot of decks hold their own just fine without it, though. From the top of my head: Counter Fairy, Harpie Rush, Necrofear Return, Reversal Quiz OTKO, Ben Kai OTKO, Warrior Toolbox, Chain Strike Burn, Ocean and Clockwork. The reason many of them aren't used competitively these days is because decks using a number of the cards banned here are so much more fast-paced, but the slap-on ban changes the game a little, no? Not everything has to be cutting edge to be playable. :3 Also, Demise is hardly phazed by losing Cyber Twin. All they have to do is a change of -1 Metamorphosis, +1 Backup ritual card/Ritual searcher/Deck thinner and their ability to piece together the combo will be just as good. If you want to argue further then let's take it by PM, m'kay? I don't want to spam up the thread.

And yeah, I've made a change to my decklist. *Points* I felt like I just had to do it with Morphing Jar #2. It was calling out to me, I tell ya'. O.O

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Attention AE! Your deck change is duly noted! Remind me to create an OOC discussion thread for this roleplay!

Taichi: I don't think this roleplay ever had a set quota, so I'm really not sure why reservations existed in the first place. Either way, you may go now. *holds up card* "BEGONE, KNAVE!"

Now, without further ado, I will get my sign-up started. (By the way, am I the only one who's going to be using his own made-up cards? I didn't mean for that to happen...)

Name: Achan Smith (Don't. You. Dare. Laugh.)

Home Country: America

Personality: Achan is a shy, introverted individual who likes nothing more then to bury himself in a good book for hours on end. He doesn't particularly enjoy spending time in large groups, preferring instead to either spend time alone or with a few friends, never more then four or five usually. Suffice to say, he doesn't particularly enjoy group events either, or any type of activity that would require working as a team with partners. Possibly because of this attitude, Achan doesn't make friends easily, though he tends to try to hang on to the ones he has. Additionally, Achan has problems with paying attention to what is going on around him, often becoming so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he forgets someone is talking to him. Suffice to say, this is a serious liability when playing children's card games, as he often forgets that his opponent has made a move. Achan is an underachiever: While he is quite intelligent and fully capable of tackling work that is far beyond his academic level, he often slacks off or messes up, never intentionally, but always fatally as far as his gaming or school-based life is concerned.

Achan does enjoy games of all sorts, be they puzzles, video games, or card games. While he isn't very good at any of them, he takes immense pleasure from following a story through to its end. Once he reaches the end of anything, be it a puzzle, book, or game, his usual reaction is a few minutes of initial glee, followed by sadness as he realizes that the story is over and he can no longer really enjoy it. Achan also enjoys travelling to exotic locations, and is the proud owner of multiple souveneirs from all over his home country of America. His chiefest ambition, in fact, is to see the world. His love of travelling and fantasy is combined in his "Wandering" deck, a set of cards designed by him for an Industrial Illusions contest. He describes the monsters as being "A group of heroes who never end their adventure".

Achan will often give advice to those aroud him, whether they like it or not, and has trouble keeping his mouth shut when angry. If insulted or slighted in any way he snaps like a firecracker and everyone nearby ends up getting burned. Achan does have a few redeeming qualities, however, among them being a fondness for animals, a healthy respect for his elders, and a willingness to help out in any way he can. He's a nice guy, even if he is a bit immature.

Appearance: Achan is short and wimpy. At about 5"3, his age is often calculated by others as being much younger until they notice the stubble on his chin. His red hair is cut in the latest fad style: a set of long spikes that form an almost starfish-like shape. While Achan's parents love the cut, Achan himself does not and therefore keeps it hidden at all times with a straw hat. His outfit consists of a Hawaiian-style shirt decorated with palm-leaf style images, and his pants are a pair of khaki shorts, giving him the appearance of a stereotypical tourist. Completing this image is a set of sunglasses which hardly ever leave his face unless his visibility is seriously affected. If he ever were to remove the sunglasses from his face, he would reveal a pair of hazel-blue eyes and a faint tan line. On his right arm, he wears an original Kaiba-corp issue duel disk, as he decided the old-style gadget was just as good and much less expensive then the newer Academia-issue variety.

History: Born to a middle-class American family in the south of Virginia, the first thing Achan did as soon as he could walk was grabbing a picture book and looking through it. His mother taught him to read at age three, and by preschool he was already a few years ahead of the rest of his class. Achan's parents watched proudly as their son veritably breezed straight through grade school, and cheered as he reached middle school, thinking there would be a repeat of his earlier performance. To their surprise, Achan simply stopped. His grades were good enough to pass, but barely so, and his marks in each class were almost sub-par compared to his earlier school days. When confronted, Achan simply replied that he had no reason to do better. The truth was that school was boring Achan silly, and to top it off his childish interest in games and stories centering around cute monsters attracted the jeers of many of his classmates. (At the time, children's card games weren't very popular in America). So in order to ease the pain, Achan had begun spending more and more time with his books and games and less and less actually doing schoolwork. Before he and his parents knew it, Achan the brilliant had become Achan the underachiever.

His parents were understandably concerned about this, and sent Achan off to a private school just as the dueling fad broke out. By the time Eran had graduated from tenth grade, every single one of his classmates was buying packs like crazy. Figuring he'd join the fun, Achan purchased a few cards as well, and began tossing them around. To his surprise, he found that he enjoyed the game more then any other he'd played. Within a few days, he was hooked like a fish. It was then that his parents found a way to motivate their slacking son. By telling Achan they'd give him permission to enter a tournament held in Hawaii, they pretty much ensured his hard work for the next year. Achan made it to the prelims of the tournament, but lost out just before he would have made top sixteen. Discouraged, Achan decided to focus more on his other main card-related interest- namely, card design. Achan designed a group of cards he referred to as "The Wanderers", references to his two main loves of travel and unending stories. When Industrial Illusions announced a card design contest, with the winner's original designs being transformed into game cards, Achan entered figuring he had nothing to lose. A few months later, the worldwide tournament was announced, and Achan's parents talked to him about entering, figuring their son would want the title of Duelist King. To their surprise, Achan stated that he wasn't good enough to win, and though he wanted to enter the world-encompassing tournament just to see the exotic locations it would be visiting, he didn't think he would make it past the primaries. Just then, he received a call- apparently his cards had won the contest, and he would be receiving his entire Wandering deck as a prize. This announcement changed Achan's mind completely, as he figured with cards he had designed, he might just stand a chance. His entry in the tournament was confirmed by the following day.

Deck: And... here it is!

Decklist (46)

Monsters (19)

Wandering Hero x3
    Wandering Shinobi x3
    Wandering Beast x3
    Wandering Rogue x3
    Wandering Mage x3
    Wandering Vampire x2
    Wandering Healer x2

Spells (23)

Excalibone, Blade of the Wandering Hero x2
    United We Stand x1
    The Road Goes Ever On x3
    A Wandering Fellowship x3
    Shrink x1
    Mystical Space Typhoon x1
    Twister x2
    Heavy Storm x2
    Limit Break-Grand Healing x1
    Limit Break-Braver x1
    Limit Break-Omnislash x1
    Limit Break-Cosmos Eterna x1
    Limit Break-Beat Rush x1
    Limit Break-Shuriken Blaze x1
    Limit Break-Ability Leech x1

Traps (4)

Return from the Different Dimension x1
    Skull Lair x1
    Mirror Force x1
    Ring of Destruction x1

The Road Goes Ever On
    Normal Spell
    If you normal summoned a "Wandering" monster this turn, you may pay one thousand life points in order to special summon one other "Wandering" monster from your hand.

Wandering Shinobi
    Monster: Warrior/Wind/4*
    Atk:1500/Def:1500
    When this monster is face up on your side of the field, you may return it to your deck and special summon one "Wandering" monster from your hand, deck, or graveyard that has four stars or fewer that is not named "Wandering Shinobi". If you summon a monster in this way, you may not normal summon a monster this turn.

Wandering Vampire
    Monster: Dark/Zombie/Effect/6*
    Atk: 2200/Def: 1500
    If you tribute a "Wandering" monster in order to summon this monster, this monster gains the effect(s) of the tributed monster until it is removed from the field. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, inflict five hundred extra points of damage for each "Wandering" monster in the graveyard.

Wandering Hero
    4*/Warrior/Effect
    Atk 1700/Def 1500/Light
    When this monster is normal summoned, special summoned, flip summoned, or flipped face up, you may search your deck for one equip spell card and equip it to this monster. Afterwards, discard one card from your hand. If this monster would be destroyed as a result of battle, you may destroy its equip spell card instead.

Wandering Mage
    4*/Spellcaster/Effect/Fire
    Atk 1300/ Def 1300
    When this monster inflicts battle damage on your opponent, add one spell card from your graveyard to your hand. This effect does not activate after a direct attack. When this card is destroyed by a card effect, you may place it in on top of your deck instead of sending it to the graveyard.

Wandering Rogue
    4*/Warrior/Effect
    Atk 1500/ Def 1200/Wind
    When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, you may draw one card. When this monster is destroyed, you may discard one equip spell card from your hand in order to special summon this monster in face-up attack or defense mode.

Wandering Healer
    4*/Spellcaster/Effect/Water
    Atk 300/ Def 2200
    When one of your monsters with "wandering" in their names inflicts battle damage on your opponent, except during a direct attack, increase your life points by the same amount. When one of your monsters would be destroyed, you may destroy this monster instead.

Wandering Beast
    4*/Beast/Effect/Earth
    Atk 1800/ Def 500
    When this monster attacks while another "Wandering" monster is on the field, increase its attack by four hundred for each "Wandering" monster you control. If this monster is destroyed as a result of battle, you may discard two cards from your hand in order to special summon it in face-up attack or defense position.

Sword of the Wanderer: Excalibone (Yes, I know, bad pun.)
    Equip Spell
    Increase the attack of the equipped monster by eight hundred. If the equipped monster is "Wandering Hero", destroy any monster that battles with the equipped monster.

Limit Break-Beat Rush
    Normal Spell
    Pay half of your life points and select one "Wandering Rogue" on your side of the field. For this turn only, Wandering Rogue can attack all monsters on the opponent's side of the field. If "Wandering Rogue" is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Limit Break-Beastialize
    Normal Spell
    Pay half your life points and select one "Wandering Mage" on your side of the field. The attack of the selected Wandering Mage becomes three thousand. If Wandering Mage is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only activate one Limit Break spell per turn.

Limit Break-Cosmos Eterna
    Normal Spell
    Pay half your life points and select one "Wandering Beast" on your side of the field. The selected "Wandering Beast" may attack your opponent's life points directly. If "Wandering Beast" is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required in order to activate this card. You may play only one Limit Break spell per turn.

Limit Break-Shuriken Blaze
    Normal Spell
    Pay half of your life points and select one "Wandering Shinobi" on your side of the field in order to activate this card. Destroy spell and trap cards on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of "Wandering" monsters in your hand and field and deal damage equal to the number of destroyed cards x400. If Wandering Shinobi is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Limit Break-Grand Healing
    Normal Spell
    Discard three cards and select one "Wandering Healer" on your side of the field in order to activate this card. Gain life points equal to half your current life points. All "Wandering" monsters cannot be destroyed until your next turn after activation. If "Wandering Healer" is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only play one Limit Break spell per turn.

Limit Break-Ability Clone
    Normal Spell
    Select one "Wandering Vampire" on your side of the field. During this turn, this spell card gains the effect(s) of any "Limit Break" spell in the graveyard and "Wandering Vampire" may be treated as any "Wandering" monster in the graveyard. (Activation costs must still be paid).

Limit Break-Braver
    Normal Spell
    Pay one thousand life points and select one "Wandering Hero" on your side of the field. Destroy one monster on the opponent's side of the field, then deal damage equal to the combined level stars of Wandering Hero and the destroyed monster x300. If "Wandering Hero" is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Limit Break-Omnislash
    Normal Spell
    Pay half of your life points and select one "Wandering Hero" on your side of the field. Destroy monsters on the opponent's side of the field equal to the number of "Limit Break" spells in the graveyard. Wandering Hero may attack once for each monster destroyed in this way this turn. You may only play one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • ACC: Hey like I said a lot of those cards I own myself. I have beaten many people using those cards so I think that it will "survive". In any event yes my character bio may be on the short side but I still think my deck is okay. It took me an entire afternoon to choose what cards to use

Also I have a question. Can our characters find or buy booster packs during the roleplay? Since it could be usefull if we need want to improve our deck during the roleplay. Also I have a question. Is this like season 2 of Yu-gi-oh and you need to ante a card during a duel and if you lose the card is lost?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Uh, apologies for my lack of knowledge when it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh cards, other then the fact that all the 4th graders would spend their recesses and lunchtimes huddled at the picnic table screaming, "I PLAY DARK MAGICIAN GIRL."

< <

But. Could we take the discussion of cards and decks to the OOC thread? Thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back