• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
Years
  • Name: Kamekaze(surname) Rurian(first name)

Personality: As a very quiet person he does seem to have the tendency to do things that some people wouldn't approve of. Though quiet , he can always be helpful to others if they are nice to him. Cause' if you hate him he'll hate you. Simple as that. He wouldn't care about if they helped him a lot , he will still hate them if they still act the same to him.

As an orphan he was adopted into a poor family. He helped to take care of them and so he grew his kind side to help and become friends with others , even if he doesn't show it. He can be one heck of a smart mouth if he wanted to. He won't quit until the guy he's smart mouthing stops annoying him and leaves. He doesn't do this in duels though since he believes that duels are what brings some people to become friends or sometimes maybe more. He has a sense of justice , which isn't what some people expect him to have. They don't because he is like a devil , causing all sorts of trouble and mischief. He isn't caught very much so he isn't really punished except by his foster parents.

He's also very caring , lovable , friendly , and hasty all at the same time. These are probably some of the ONLY good qualities about him... And also he has a short temper. So if you ever run into him please don't tease him about his hair , he'll kick your as- I mean butt if you do.

Appearance: Rurian wears a cloak over his real clothes which are the things that probably show that he is quiet. He wears a black , sleeveless , Chinese style shirt with gold titanium (don't worry , they're light!) rings on the border of where the sleeves usually would've started. On his wrists are armlets with two black gems on each of them. The gems have animals depicted on them. The right armlet having a dragon and a phoenix and the left having a hawk and a tiger. On his lower body part he wears black denim jeans and two belts going in a cross. A chain hangs from his pocket and the Alpha symbol on the right side. His shoes are the same as Vans , except that it is made by a different kind of company (I don't want to be advertising , now do I?) and are also black. On his head he wears a stub earing on his left ear lobe. His cloak is of a beige color.

For his physical appearance he is a 5'8" and has an athletic build. His eyes are crimson and his hair is white. On the top of his nose , between his eyes , is a diagonal scar that looks like it was just made. His forehead has a birthmark that looks exactly like the Omega symbol. His hair is in a Sasuke-like do and his arms are covered in crimson stripes that go in a pattern. His skin is a nice peach color. Like a lot of anime characters.

History: He was an orphan when he first turned six. He never talked to the other kids and always avoided contact or activities with them. Finally being adopted at the age of eight he went into a kind but poor family. He always treated them with respect and helped with chores like washing dishes and doing the laundry. He started school again and came to be in Domino High School. He always got good grades and even made a few friends. At the age of fifteen he learned how to play the popular card game , Duel Monsters. He went to a few tourneys held by Domino High and usually got first place , or at least in the top three. His family consisted of: Shitoru(last name) Julis (the sister) , Shitoru Hiashi (the father) , and Shitoru Naru (the mother).

It turned out that the Shitoru family was friends with the Kamekaze family. They explained to Rurian when he was seventeen that he had a long lost twin sister , and that she was also a duelist. They knew because Rurian's aunt in Tokyo , Hina , was the caretaker of his twin sister Sakura. He went out to search for her and believes that she might be one of the people in the tourney that is coming up. The one that he plans to win. To become the next "King of Games."

Home Country: Domino City , Japan

Deck:

Deck Count: 47

Monsters: (raaaawr!)

Wind Fairy , Kazeyuri x2
    Flare Nymph , Katou x2
    Aqua Impling , Sui x2
    Rookie Ninja Shoryu x1
    Ninja Dog Inumaru x2
    Omega Ninja , Uria (shut up!)x1
    Alpha Kunoichi , Shi x1
    Red-Eyes Black Chick x2
    Red-Eyes Black Dragon x1
    Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon x1
    Delta Phoenix x1

Fusion Monsters: (Combine!)

Elemental Knight Shinryu x1
    Dog-Rider Shoryu x1
    Omega Master Uria x1
    Alpha Queen Shi x1
    Gamma God Daisuke x1
    Onyx Omega Eria x1
    Azure Alpha Sakura x1
    Delta Envoy Hiei x1
    Onyx D. Rider x1

Magic/Spell: (I need the support!)

Polymerization x2
    Omega Force x1
    Alpha Power x1
    Delta Rise x1
    Space Breaker x1
    Time Outburst x1
    Gravity Jam x2
    Bark of Courage x1
    Premature Burial x1
    Fuuma Shuriken x1

Traps: (I've got you now!)

Crush Card Virus x1
    Delta Break! x1
    Incendiary Shuriken x2
    Whirlwind Buster x1
    Rapid Fire x1
    Elemental Crush x1
    Z Point x1
    Solar Flare x1

Field Cards: ( Let's change the scenery , shall we?)

Delta X x1

Wind Fairy , Kazeyuri
    3*/WIND/Fairy/Effect
    ATTK:600/DEF:800
    For every WIND monster on the field your life points are increased by 500.

Flare Nymph , Katou
    3*/FIRE/Fairy/Effect
    ATTK:800/DEF:800
    For every FIRE monster on the field increase this card's attack by 500

Aqua Pixie , Sui
    3*/WATER/Fairy/Effect
    ATTK:400/DEF:850
    For every WATER monster on the field increase the card's defense by 500

Elemental Knight , Shinryu
    6*/LIGHT/Warrior/Fusion/Effect
    ATTK:2500/DEF:2200
    Wind Fairy , Kazeyuri + Flare Nymph , Katou + Aqua Impling , Sui

For every Fairy card on your opponent's side of the field destroy one Trap or Spell card on his side of the field. If there are no Trap or Spell cards then increase this card's attack and defense by 300 for every Fairy card your side of the field.

Rookie Ninja Shoryu
    4*/EARTH/Warrior/Effect
    ATTK:1900/DEF:1800
    If Ninja Dog Inumaru is on the field increase this card's attack by 300 and defense by 200.

Ninja Dog Inumaru
    4*/EARTH/Beast Warrior/Effect
    ATTK:1500/DEF:1500
    If Rookie Ninja Shoryu is on the field increase this card's defense by 300.

Dog Rider Shoryu
    6*/EARTH/Warrior/Fusion/Effect
    ATTK:2400/DEF:2000
    Rookie Ninja Shoryu + Ninja Dog Inumaru
    In order to Fusion Summon this card, send both fusion material monsters to the graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This is considered a fusion summon

Omega Ninja Uria
    6*/LIGHT/Warrior/Effect
    ATTK:2500/DEF:1900
    This card can only be summoned if Alpha Kunoichi Shi sent to the graveyard.

Alpha Kunoichi Shi
    6*/LIGHT/Warrior/Effect
    ATTK:1900/DEF:1800
    If Omega Ninja Uria is on your side of the field increase this card's attack and defence by 500.

I'll PM the rest to you sometime , or maybe I'll reveal the rest sometime later in the RP.

Other:None

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Okay, Omega.

You would be accepted, but your fake cards need some help. And for heaven's sakes, get some help with those commas. They look like you just randomly sprinkled them throughout your sentences. >.<

Anyway, remember rule eleven? Your cards need to be approved of as "balanced"? I don't see anything unbalanced about these cards, so I'll let it slide JUST THIS ONCE, but you need to fix some wording.

Dog Rider Shoryu: The wording should be similar to that of the XYZ monsters. "In order to Fusion Summon this card, send both fusion material monsters to the graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This is considered a fusion summon."

Kazeyuri: Underpowered. The life point bonus should be a bit more then that.

Katou: This monster is screwed without a bunch of fire types to back it up. Even Ultimate Baseball Kid gets a thousand point bonus. Try upping it to five hundred instead.

Sui: Make the defense upping five hundred points.

Shoryu: I don't see why he needs his level lowered, since gravity bind and level limit are limited. (Or was that semi-limited)? Either way, not too many people are gonna be playing that type of deck.

Inumaru: Try giving him an attack bonus as well, and lose the level decreaser since it's pretty much superfluous.

Shinryu: Shouldn't he get a bonus for every fairy on your side of the field?

I've got to say, this deck is still a bit scatterbrained, but at least it isn't JBC's sixty-plus card nightmare. (No offense.) Anyway, just touch up Shoryu's wording and take my advice about the other cards, and you are in. Till then, PENDING

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
  • Okay, Omega.

You would be accepted, but your fake cards need some help. And for heaven's sakes, get some help with those commas. They look like you just randomly sprinkled them throughout your sentences. >.<

Anyway, remember rule eleven? Your cards need to be approved of as "balanced"? I don't see anything unbalanced about these cards, so I'll let it slide JUST THIS ONCE, but you need to fix some wording.

Dog Rider Shoryu: The wording should be similar to that of the XYZ monsters. "In order to Fusion Summon this card, send both fusion material monsters to the graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This is considered a fusion summon."

Kazeyuri: Underpowered. The life point bonus should be a bit more then that.

Katou: This monster is screwed without a bunch of fire types to back it up. Even Ultimate Baseball Kid gets a thousand point bonus. Try upping it to five hundred instead.

Sui: Make the defense upping five hundred points.

Shoryu: I don't see why he needs his level lowered, since gravity bind and level limit are limited. (Or was that semi-limited)? Either way, not too many people are gonna be playing that type of deck.

Inumaru: Try giving him an attack bonus as well, and lose the level decreaser since it's pretty much superfluous.

Shinryu: Shouldn't he get a bonus for every fairy on your side of the field?

I've got to say, this deck is still a bit scatterbrained, but at least it isn't JBC's sixty-plus card nightmare. (No offense.) Anyway, just touch up Shoryu's wording and take my advice about the other cards, and you are in. Till then, PENDING

Oh yeah , I'm the Comma Killer! Anyways , I couldn't find other ways to explain it , and since I don't own XYZ Dragon Cannon , I couldn't read the description. And if you're wondering , I'd rather use a deck full of my imaginary monsters than a deck full of existing ones , it would be too predictable. I'll take your advice on every card you listed. And do something good with my other ones that I'm gonna list.

*EDIT* I just finished my sign-up.

Last edited:

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I prepared to be flamed an called a noob as I begin to type, mostly since this is the first time I've picked up a yugioh card in many many months...The Cards I'm using, or a majority of them havn't been counted balanced yet by the card making thread, so this is merley to sign up.

Name: Valentine, AJ
    Personality: AJ likes to seclude himself, he doesn't really care for oppening up and including others in his life, he really feels that being a loner is the only true way to go. That does not mean by any circumstances he's a jerk to anyone, he doesn't taunt or make people feel bad, but beware of his explosive temper. AJ does think lowly of some people if they show bad traits, like stealing or perversion, but other then that he doesn't judge people. So closing up, AJ is not the real social type, yet not the gothic emo type. He has made his own type, among those who don't like to socialize yet enjoy life to the fullest and at the same time respect those who earn and deserve it, not a mean person but not an overly joyus person. Things that make people think lowly of AJ would be his poor Japanese which makes him angry, considering he is Latin.

Appearance: AJ is average height and weight, he is Hispanic male which means his skin tone is dark, a tannish kind of tone. He has snowy white hair, that almost looks like platinum. His hair is in a short ponytail, about six or seven inches. His eyes are a angelic baby blue that seem to scream ' Oh my god! It's an Angel!' but his eyes are pretty deceiving. AJ has a medium type face, Not to tense, yet not to 'Cute' it's the whole pretty boy thing, with a great sense of 'I can kick your ass! And it's plastered on my face!' AJ wears a cross pendant right around his neck, it is a shining silver that just seems to kick out at you. AJ's main attire consists of a tight black undershirt made out of generic material, nothing real special. He wears a somewhat small dark crimson red combat vest with flames on the topper sleeves, on the back of the vest it reads in bold white letters ' Made In Heaven' and over that he wears a large white trench coat that has a cross on the back that is black and also the title, 'Fallen Angel'. He wears tight black pants, a nice leather texture. He also wears black combat boots, they have an iron sole in each shoe for more efficient walking. He has black fingerless gloves, they aren't fuzzy, just real padded. He is muscular, but not in the way that muscles are bulging everywhere and it looks like your kind of on steroids... AJ has a gold stud in his left ear ( Not Gay!) About 5'7, 145
    History: (Optional

Deck: Count 50

Magic Cards:

Polymerzation (2)
    Handgun
    Revolver
    Rifle
    Uzi
    Shotgun
    Swords of revealing light
    Perfection Almagation
    Suit Of Swords X
    Monster Reincarnation (3)
    Four Of Cups
    Ten Of Swords
    Card Of Ill Fate
    Trap Cards:

Magic Cylinder
    Call OF The Haunted
    Acid Trap Hole

Feild Cards:

Yami (2)

Fusion Cards:

Messiah Of Chaos
    Fallen Angel; Messiah Of Black Roses
    AJ Valentine- Corruption
    AJ Valentine- Enlightened

Monster Cards:

Zach Young
    AJ Valentine
    Arcana Force: The Fool
    Arcana Force: The Magician
    Arcana Force: The High Priestess
    Arcana Force: The Empress
    Arcana Force: The Emperor
    Arcana Force: Hierophant
    Arcana Force: The Lovers
    Arcana Force: The Chairot
    Arcana Force: Justice
    Arcana Force: The Hermit
    Type Ten: Wheel Of Fate
    Arcana Force: Strength
    Arcana Force: Hanged Man
    Arcana Force: Death
    Arcana Force: Temperance
    Arcana Force: The Devil
    Arcana Force: The Tower
    Arcana Forde: the star
    Arcana Force: The Moon
    Arcana Force: The Sun
    Arcana Force: Judgement
    Arcana Force: The World
    Fallen Angel
    Messiah Of Darkness
    Messiah Of Light
    Black Rose
    Arcana Force: Light Ruler

Other: (Anything else you wanna put).

Name of Card: Zach Young
    (Card Type: Monster
    (Level/Type/Attribute: 4, Warrior, fire
    (Effects: For every zombie type card in the opponents and user's graveyard this card gains 100 attack points and 100 defence points.
    (ATK/DEF) Atk: 1500 Def: 1500
    (Rarity) uncommon

Name: AJ Valentine
    Card type: Monster
    Level: 6 stars
    Type: Warrior
    Attribute: light
    Effects: For every zombie type card in the opponents and user's graveyard this card gains 200 attack points and 200 defence points.
    Rarity: Rare
    Atk: 2500
    Def: 1950

Name: Type 8: Justice
    Card Type: monster
    Level: 4
    Attribute: dark
    Effects:
    Rarity: one of a kind
    Atk: 1700
    Def: 1700

Name: Type Ten: Wheel Of Fate
    Card Type: Monster
    Level: 9
    Attribute: Dark
    Type: spellcaster
    Effects: This card can only be special summoned by tributing these Five Cards, Arcana Force:The Emperor, Arcana Force: The Magician,type 20: Judgement,type 19:The sun, Arcana Force: The moon. The Atk And Defence Points of this card are determined through a coin flip.

Heads: 2800 Atk And 2800 Def

Tails: 3500 Atk And 3500 Def

rarity: one of a kind
    Atk: ?
    Def: ?

Arcana Force 0 - The Fool
    Spellcaster/Effect
    3 Star/Wind
    1800 Atk/ 1400 Def

When this card is summoned (Including Flip Summon) it is placed face-down on the Field. Then, your opponent selects one end of the card and flips it face-up. This card's effect is determined by the end your opponent selected.

Top: This card can attack your opponent directly.

Bottom: All Battle Damage from battles involving this card is inflicted to the controller of this card.

Arcana Force - The Magician
    Spellcaster/Effect
    4 Star/Fire
    1000 Atk / 1000 Def

When this card is summoned (Including Flip Summon) it is placed face-down on the Field. Then, your opponent selects one end of the card and flips it face-up. This card's effect is determined by the end your opponent selected.

Top: Each time a Spell Card is activated, increase the Atk of this card by 1000 until the end of the turn.

Bottom: Each time you activate a Spell Card, lose 1000 Life Points.

Arcana Force - The High Priestess
    Spellcaster/Effect
    5 Star/Light
    2200 Atk/ 2400 Def

Top: At any time during either player's turn, you may flip any face-down card on your opponent's Field face-up (Card effects are not activated) then return it to its original position.

Bottom: Face-down cards on your opponent's Field may not be destroyed.

Arcana Force - The Hierophant
    Spellcaster/Effect
    3 Star/Light
    1400 Atk/ 1200 Def

Top: All Arcana Force monsters can be Normal Summoned without Tribute, regardless of level.

Bottom: You must pay 1000 Life Points to tribute a monster for Tribute Summon.

Arcana Force - The Lovers
    Spellcaster/Effect
    5 Star/Fire
    2400 Atk/ 800 Def

Top: Select and control one face-up monster on your opponent's Field for the remainder of the Duel. When the card controlled by this effect is destroyed, it is sent to the original owner's Graveyard.

Bottom: Control of this card is switched to your opponent for the remainder of the Duel. When the card controlled by this effect is destroyed, it is sent to the original owner's Graveyard.

Arcana Force - The Chariot
    Warrior/Effect
    4 Star/Earth
    2000 Atk/ 1200 Def

Top: This card can not be destroyed during your Battle Phase.

Bottom: Whenever this card is involved in Damage Calculation, it is destroyed at the end of the Damage Step.

Arcana Force - Death
    Zombie/Efffect
    8 Star/Dark
    2800 Atk/ 2500 Def

Top: Whenever this card destroys your opponent's monster in battle, destroy all monsters on your opponent's Field.

Bottom: Whenever this card destroys your opponent's monster in battle, your opponent may Special Summon any monster of equal or lower level from his/her Hand or Deck.

Arcana Force - The Tower
    Rock/Effect
    8 Star/Dark
    2300 Atk / 3000 Def

Top: Destroy one 'Arcana Force' monster on your Field then Special Summon one 'Arcana Force' monster with a higher level than the destroyed monster from your Deck.

Bottom: Destroy all cards on your Field except this card.

Arcana Force - The Star
    Spellcaster/Effect
    3 Star/Light
    1600 Atk / 1600 Def

Top: Gain 4000 Life Points.

Bottom: Gain 2000 Life Points. When this card is removed from the Field, lose 4000 Life Points.

Four of Cups

Normal Spell

When this card is activated, it is placed face-down on the Field. Then, your opponent selects one end of the card and flips it face-up. This card's effect is determined by the end your opponent selected.

Top: During your next two Draw Phases, draw two cards instead of one.

Bottom: Skip your next two Draw Phases.

Ten of Swords

Normal Spell

When this card is activated, it is placed face-down on the Field. Then, your opponent selects one end of the card and flips it face-up. This card's effect is determined by the end your opponent selected.

Top: Destroy all monsters on the Field.

Bottom: During each End Phase of your next two turns, destroy one monster card on your Field.

Card of Ill Fate
    Normal Spell

Pay 2000 Life Points to Special Summon one 'Arcana Force' monster from your Graveyard to your opponent's Field. Monsters Special Summoned by this effect are not placed face-down, but receive their 'bottom' effect instead.

Name: Type Nineteen: The sun
    Attribute: Fire
    Effects: While this card is in play, Fire type monsters atk and def are raised by 500 points.
    Atk: 1500
    Def: 1000

Name: Type 20: Judgement
    Effects:
    Atk: 3000
    Def: 2500

Name: AJ Valentine- Corruption
    Card Type: Fusion Monster
    Attribute: Light
    Effects: AJ Valentine + Type Ten: Wheel Of Fate
    rarity: rare
    Atk: 3500
    Def: 3000

Name: AJ Valentine- Enlightend
    Card Type: monster fusion
    Attribute: light
    Type: warrior
    Effects: AJ Valentine + Type 20: Judgement
    Atk: 3000
    Def: 3500

Name: Handgun
    Card Type: magic equipt
    Effects: When equipted to a warrior, the warrior's Atk increases by 500
    rarity: common

Name: Revolver
    Card Type: Magic Equipt
    Effects: When equipted to a warrior the warrios atk is increased by 800 points
    rarity: Uncommon

Name: Shotgun
    Effects: When equipted to a warrior the warrios atk is increased by 1000 points

Name: Uzi
    Effects: When equipted to a warrior the warrios atk is increased by 600 points
    rarity: Uncommon

Name: Rifle
    Effects: When equipted to a warrior the warrios atk is increased by 1000 points

Name: Fallen angel
    Effects: Whenever this card is sent to the graveyard, return it to your hand
    Atk: 1800
    Def: 1200

Name: Messiah Of Light
    Effects:
    Atk: 1900
    Def: 1100

Name: Messiah Of Darkness
    Effects:
    Atk: 1900
    Def: 1100

Name: Messiah Of Chaos
    Card Type: Fusion Monster
    Level: 6
    Effects: Messiah Of Light + Messiah Of Darkness
    Atk: 2500
    Def: 2500

Name: Black Rose
    Level: 1
    Effects:
    Atk: 500
    Def: 500

Name: Fallen Angel; Messiah Of Black Roses
    Card Type: fusion monster
    Level: 10
    Effects: Messiah Of Chaos+Fallen Angel+ Black Rose
    Atk: 3900
    Def: 3750

Name: Perfection Almagation
    Card Type: Magic
    Effect: This card Acts as Polymerzation, A monster fusion summoned by this effect may not be selected as a target for 'De-Fusion'

Be back in a few

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Omega: ACCEPTED. Have fun playing card games with us.

AJ: Nothing particularly wrong in your sign-up, outside of the fact that everyone else's character is from an English-speaking country and you're probably going to have a language barrier to overcome. Your fake cards, on the other hand, are suffering. If you want a slightly easier to put together deck with a similar theme, go look up the Arcana Force monsters on the YGO wikia. (Found through a link at wikia.com, which will be posted here in due order.)

Amalgamation's text isn't correct. "Remove two fusion material monsters from your hand or field in order to fusion summon a monster from your fusion deck that mentions the monsters in its summoning text. The monster summoned through the effect of this card cannot be returned to the fusion deck." Actually, being unable to de-fuse your monster is a pretty hard disadvantage to overcome, seeing as there are very few cards that de-fuse monsters that aren't being used by the person who played the fusion monster in the first place.

In addition, a few of your monsters are ridiculously unable to sync together in a single deck. Choose one theme, be it summoning more monsters to destroy an opponent, dealing direct damage through card effects, or destroying an opponent's field and then stick with it. Like I said, you've got premade cards that easily follow the same thing that are available. Go grab 'em. Until this decklist undergoes a major renovation, PENDING

EDIT: Since I missed this earlier, I'm going to add one more field to the sign-up sheet: Home Country. And for those of you who watched the dub Yu-Gi-Oh and were unaware thanks to 4Kids meddling (I have no idea who that would be), Domino City is in Japan, not America. Please note that language barriers are also going to be a serious issue in this roleplay if we don't give our characters some reason to be bilingual.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Okay.

Fallen_Angel: You still have wording problems with most of your fake cards, but I'll let it slide for now. I'd like to point out that a few of your monsters still need editing badly enough that I probably shouldn't be accepting you until you completely fix them. Wheel of Fate is still the most fail-erific monster ever with its current wording, and a few monsters still say "sacrifice" instead of "tribute". In addition, High Priestess needs to say "This monster cannot be destroyed by card effects. You must pay five hundred life points per turn to keep this monster on the field. If not, this card is destroyed." You get the idea. Death also needs some revision- give him the same text as Exiled Force if you plan on using him: "Tribute this monster to destroy one monster on the opponent's side of the field."

All in all, your deck still needs some major edit-ching, but for now you are Accepted. Meh, you probably should've lurked around the other card forum to see if you could pick anything up. I do that all the time, and look at me now: I'm still a n00b, but I come up with super-special cards! *shameless self-advertisement*

Omega: Just fill out the field. Next time you two have an update post it in the OOC thread, please.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Umm...no offense, ACC, but the Justice is still Cyber Stein on drugs and a lot of those cards are still breaktacular with unspecified special summons and overblown Atk stats (And certainly not approved in the You Make the Card thread, in open violation of rule number 11). And let's not forget that last I checked he still had three banned cards (Monster Reborn, Harpie's Feather Duster, and Pot of Greed) and two Magic Cylinders (a card which is limited to one copy only) in his deck. No offense, but if stuff like this is getting through then I might have to reconsider my participation in this RP. Children's card games are no fun if some people don't have to play by the rules and I have to be picky about the RPs I join since there's only so much time for me to spend on RPing; I don't want to waste it. -.-

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Alright, point taken Alter. Don't blackmail me here, I have enough problems getting some sort of non-done-to-death plotline for this RP in place and working out a system of Player vs. Player duels that I don't need the added catastrophe of the one person I can depend on threatening to pack up and go!

Fallen Angel, normally this wouldn't happen but it seems my mind has been changed for me. As of this moment, you are PENDING again until you fix your deck. (How did I miss those banned cards, anyway? >.<) Officially, I'd say that while Justice is scary, in this messed-up deck it really isn't going to do anything serious, but I'll take AE's word for it. Okay, moment over. (People, can we please take things like this to the OOC thread? We're going to have a ton of spammage when this whole thing is over.)

Edit: Alright, for those of you too lazy to read the OOC thread, Fallen has been REJECTED for his innapropriate use of Alter_Ego's cards.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Name: Michelangelo "Michel" Arma

Home Country: Australia

Personality: Michel is a reserved and serious person who will do whatever it takes to achieve a goal or complete a task. He does so as long as the methods he undertakes do not interfere with his personal objectives. Because of his detrimental attitude of succeeding at all costs, his social and emotional relationships have suffered heavily, ostracizing him from others to an extent. He tries but struggles to remain calm in situations, but can come off short with a severe temper and little patience. In spite of this, he is more often than not subdued in his expression of his emotions, and constantly analyses current or future scenarios in his mind. He believes in completing set tasks as quickly and effectively as possible and will eliminate any threat or threats that may oppose him in accordance to the plans he derives from a situation.

From this, Michel can be seen as cold-hearted and emotionless, despite his occasion outbursts of anger and frustration. This trait is initially one of the causes of his seclusion from the current society. His closest relationships derive from his immediate family and finds that any other bonds that may be established between him and another person is irrelevant. Because of this attitude and to an extent, his ego, Michel has adapted to relying on no other person other than his father and mother. He believes that the world exists on a karmic foundation, where everything comes with a price equal to its own value.

Despite his initial composure, he comes off as more of a neutral party than an antagonist. He rarely favours one side over another but works solely for himself and his family.

Appearance: Michel's attire resembles that of a person who would be associated with a large business corporation, but without the "seriousness" appeal. His outfit depicts his loyalty to his work, but also shows his habits of being the rebel of the company, where he plays by no one else's rules but his own.

His torso is covered by a buttoned white collar shirt with the collar undone and his sleeves rolled up. Over this shirt, he adorns a black worn blazer that also has its sleeves rolled up to his elbows and left unbuttoned. Tied across his waist is a black belt with a silver buckle which also supports the weight from his trousers that cover his legs. His trousers are long and like his blazer, appear worn and beaten and are also black in colour. Beneath this, he wears simple white ankle socks in black formal shoes. The tips of his shoes are rounded and scuffed from dirt and lack of care from its owner.

His hair is short, sharp, black and pulled back in chunks where each end becomes a point. He has thin black eyebrows that sharpen his already narrowed eyes, and each eye is of a bright blue colour. The complexion of his skin is of an olive colour but is much more tanned across his forearms and neck, where he has become exposed to long periods of sunlight.

He stands at 173 centimetres in height and is quite lean, but has built up muscles across various parts of his body, including his chest, arms, stomach and legs. Together with his overall attire, Michel can be seen as a disrespectful and rough-around-the-edges businessman, but also carries an individualistic air about himself.

History: Michel lived a very privileged life as he grew up. His father was one of the leading directors at an engineering corporation that had many branches across the world, making him a very wealthy man. Michel's mother was also a business woman and served under his father as the leading supervisor of the robotics and artificial intelligence division for the company. Because of their positions, his parents received many benefits financially and could afford many things other families would spend their lifetimes saving to afford. Thus, Michel's upbringing was one of both wealth and privilege.

He spent most of his childhood being nurtured in an environment that would be most beneficial for him, regardless of the consequences that this may have had on the people around him. His mindset had already been set during this time and as he grew, he became more and more determined to succeed his parents and inherit the company. This was his goal and was only fuelled by the other temptations that surrounded him as he grew. Money and power was his motivation and with these, he graduated from the city's highest ranking private school with a close to perfect score and was soon incorporated into the family business.

Along the way, he came across a peculiar card game that was sponsored by another wealthy company, derived upon advanced technology and artificial intelligence. The Kaiba Corporation was a large business that had its foundation in Japan and sponsored a popular card game created by another industry, known as Industrial Illusions. These companies were two of many that ruled the technological world.

Michel took a vast interest in the game and soon became a powerful supporting player. Using his position and power within the corporation, he produced a variety of cards that he promoted to Industrial Illusions for approval and because of his corporation's influence, they were soon enough official Duel Monsters cards. With his very own set, Michel named his cards after his family's business, otherwise known as Arma Tech.

With his own deck and lead to getting into Kaiba Corp and Industrial Illusions' inner workings, Michel's true goal is inevitably coming into realisation.

Deck:

Monsters Cards

2x Armored Core
    3x Normal Armored Core
    2x Next Armored Core
    3x Original Armored Core
    3x Muscle Tracer
    2x Raven
    1x Prototype Next Armored Core
    2x Sol Dios
    1x Sol Dios Behemoth
    2x Cyber Phoenix

Spell Cards

3x Primal Armor
    1x Over Boost
    2x Anatolia
    1x EN Gauge
    1x Quick Boost
    1x Limiter Removal
    1x United We Stand
    2x Nightmare Steelcage
    1x Mystical Space Typhoon

Trap Cards

2x Kojima Shield
    2x Forced Back
    1x Mirror Force
    2x Trap Jammer
    1x Call of the Haunted
    1x Stabilizers
    2x Magic Jammer
    1x Kojima Particles
    1x Kojima Core

Total Cards: 47

Other: None

Card Descriptions:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Phanima: ACCEPTED! IN AMERICA! (Which, coincidentally, does happen to be my land of origin.)

With that out of our way, we will now be beggining the roleplay. Since nobody applied for an original series character, I'll be playing all of them. (Well, once Pegasus's part in the plot is finished, he'll be given to Alter, but that doesn't count.) All posts made solely to move the plot ahead and having nothing to do with my character's actions will be marked with the follwing:

SUPER SPECIAL AWESEOME PLOT TWIST!!!

Get it? Got it? Good. And I realize this is a bit later then twenty-four hours, but my social life got in the way, and it gave Phanima time to sign up. Alright, now to begin:

IC (At last):

SUPER SPECIAL AWESEOME PLOT TWIST!!!

Night had fallen at the castle. The trees outside whispered as a breeze stole through them, rustling their leaves slightly. Up above, the full moon shone down on the whole scene, illuminating it with a pale, silvery light. This was the island home of Pegasus J. Crawford, multimillionaire owner of Industrial Illusions, the first gaming company to design a children's trading card game that became more popular then chess. The game in question, "Duel Monsters", started out as an incredibly complex and unreliable game in which even the most experienced pros sometimes forgot the rules, which were printed in a book thicker then most conventional encyclopedias. Over time, however, the rules became much more rigid and unwavering, making the game playable and opening up entirely new demographics. Needless to say, this made Pegasus a very rich man. And as with many millionaires, he had acquired a certain eccentricism...

"No! You fool, you aren't allowed to summon in defense position! That rule hasn't been in place for the last three years! Crocquet-boy, if you don't crack open a rulebook soon I'll really have to dock your pay." Pegasus reprimanded his opponent. The nearly forty-year-old tycoon stood in the middle of a grassy clearing in front of the gates of his castle home. The building had been on the island before Pegasus had purchased it, and the industrialist had simply modified it for his own use. The castle, in fact, was one of the significant factors which had played into Pegasus's choice of name for the estate: Duelist Kingdom. The owner of the island himself was an odd looking person indeed, dressed in a red vest and matching trousers and sporting incredibly long hair that hid the right half of his face from view. On his left arm he wore a device that resembled some sort of silver and blue wrist-mounted boomerang, which held various cards along its length. Directly across from him stood his opponent, a grey-coated security guard with a similar device hanging from his own arm.

The guard removed the card he had just played from its position on the device. "I'm sorry, Mr. Pegasus. I should have been paying more attention." he replied. Returning the card to his hand, he selected another and placed it on the device. "I summon Mechanicalchaser in attack mode," He said in a voice that sounded as if its owner's throat had been covered with sandpaper.

Immediately, the air in front of the guard began glowing as a strange-looking robot materialized in front of him. It looked like a pilot's helment had been attached to a green metal oval with several arms extending from it, each holding some sort of murderous weapon.

Pegasus rolled his eyes. "One of these days, Crocquet-boy, we're going to have to find you a better starter deck. Now prepare yourself: I summon-"

CRASH!

Both the guard and his employer glanced upward. A dark shape was barely visible on the highest point of one of the tower's sneaking through a recently broken window in Pegasus's room. Crocquet immediately removed a cell phone from his jacket and began to sound the alert to the other guards as Pegasus raced towards his chamber. "If he touches any of my official anime merchandise, I'm going to burn his soul to shreds." he fumed, at the same time conscious that the item which allowed him to accomplish such a feat, the mystical Sennen eye, was no longer in his posession, which gave him a rather good reason to cover his eye with his hair. Reaching the tower's wall, he yanked open the door and raced up the stairs two at a time, not bothering to deactivate his duel disk. Almost immediately his security force appeared, led by a member whose hair shot up into a point. The group joined their client in charging up the stairway until they reached the room at the tower's uppermost point. Pegasus reached for the door's handle and jiggled it, without success. "Locked. Curses. This is even worse then the time I missed an episode of Pokemon!" he fumed.

"Mr. Pegasus! May I have a try!?" The pointy-haired guard asked. Pegasus shrugged and moved out of the way, allowing the oddly-styled guard a clear shot at the doorway. Winding up, the guard announced in a very dramatic voice, "Attention, burglars! I'm assaulting your doorway!" With that, he raced into the room, knocking the door from its hinges.

Pegasus stared into the room. There, next to his bed, stood the burglar. He was a young man, no more then eighteen, and dressed entirely in black. A cheap mask covered his eyes, and the collar of his shirt was drawn over his mouth. On his back he wore what appeared to be a type of collapsible hang-glider, and in one hand he held a set of duel monsters cards which he was rifling through while the door to Pegasus's safe stood wide open in front of him. The multimillionaire stared at the would-be robber before he found his voice. "You broke into my mansion to steal children's trading cards? Couldn't you have done that at a gameshop instead?"

The thief shrugged. "Perhaps," he replied, his voice muffled by his shirt, "But then again, these particular cards aren't sold in stores yet."

Pegasus's eyes widened. "You don't mean-"

"Exactly. And if you'll excuse me, I must be going now." The thief interrupted before turning to dash towards the window. Halfway through the turn, however, he stopped and turned to the security guard who had broken the door down. "Dude, what's with your hair?"

The question broke the spell of silence that had seemingly fallen over the entire assembly with the exclusion of Pegasus and the crook. The guard burst into rage. "How dare you insult my hair! My hair is ten times stronger then your shirt-mask! My hair is stronger then my fists. Allow me to show you!" The guard charged at his foe, shouting as if he was giving a battle cry. "Attention, Thief! My hair is- Upgh!" His shout was cut off abruptly as the thief rammed a fist into his gut, lifted him, and threw him into his fellow guards. The unfortunate managed to gasp out "Being assaulted!" as he and his comrades slid down the spiral stairs.

Pegasus cursed. "I knew I should have hired actual security guards instead of television stuntmen," he groaned.

The thief nodded in agreement. "If your forces were halfway decent, I wouldn't have gotten this far. And now, it is time for my exit. Good day." With that, he strode to the broken window, preparing to leap.

"Wait!" Pegasus called. The thief turned, puzzled. Pegasus continued. "Why do you want those cards anyway?"

The burglar smiled beneath his shirt collar. "There's a tournament coming up, isn't there?" With that, he leaped from the window and opened his glider, beggining his slow flight towards the treeline.

Slowly, a bedraggled Crocquet struggled up the steps, clutching one arm to his left wrist and using his left hand to fix his now-cracked trademark sunglasses. "He got away sir."

Pegasus nodded. "Don't bother chasing him, Crocquet-boy. We'll have him soon enough."

Crocquet was genuinely puzzled, and not for the first time since he had signed on as Pegasus's security guard. "How?"

Pegasus smiled. "At the tournament, of course. Now call Kaiba-boy and that german fellow with the pink hair, whatever his name is. We need to make a few arrangements."

WOW! THAT WAS A PLOT TWIST!

10:00 A.M.*, New York City, USA, Two weeks later.

Achan Smith stared at the crowd around him. Ever since his arrival in the Big Apple, he'd been itching to do some tourism. Unfortunately, the crowds of people everywhere made it nearly impossible for him to do so, especially since New York had already been a large city before the recent influx of duel enthusiasts arriving for the tournament. It wasn't surprising. King of Games was the biggest title that anyone could hold in competitive dueling, and every two-bit kid with a bit of deck and a duel disk wanted a piece of the action. Even if they knew they had no chance of winning, people still wanted a chance to play in the tournament because of Pegasus's announcement that he would be footing the bill using the money he had received that month from card sales, along with his fellow gamers-turned businessmen, Kaiba Seto and... what was the other one's name? Achan racked his brain, but his usual competent memory failed to produce the name of the third associate. It was probably just as well- that third company had been almost completely bought up by Industrial Illusions and Kaiba Corp at this point. All he knew was that this guy was responsible for the new duel disk design that was all the rage now. Achan rolled his eyes. There was nothing particularly special about the new model other then more powerful batteries. His old KC-issue one was perfectly serviceable for the tournament.

Taking some time away from his mental rant about the new design, Achan took a good look at the crowd around him. Almost everyone in Times Square right now was involved in the tournament in some way, and as a result the streets were filled with an ethnic mish-mash. Asians, hispanics, Americans, French people... the list went on. Achan even spotted a few people who were speaking Russian. It really blew his mind, the number of people here from other countries. He was particularly glad he had purchased six or seven phrasebooks. They would definitely be useful once the games left American soil. The first duel, he heard, would take place here in New York. Then, after a set time limit, the remaining contestants would board a plane for England, travel to France by boat, and begin the Tour de Europe. He imagined himself on a gondola in Venice, posing for pictures near stonehenge, riding a camel through the Valley of Kings in Egypt... ah, it was like a dream come true. A passerby bumped into the daydreamer, knocking him back to reality. He had a chance at an all-expenses paid round-the-world tour, yes, but he had to win a few games first. And even with his own personal deck, that was going to be hard going for a dreamer like him.

As Achan thought of his cards, his hand unconsciously opened the deck box slung from the belt on his waist and removed them. The majority of the cards in this deck were his own original design, turned into actual game cards after he had won a contest held by Industrial Illusions. The others had been part of his original deck, which had only recently been retired. He stared at the foil-coated beauties in his hands. It hardly seemed possible that he was actually about to play using his own original cards. The thought filled Achan with excitement for a moment before it hit him. I'm getting excited about getting to use something I came up with to win a children's card game. This was followed soon after by another thought: I really need to get a life.

A voice boomed over conveniently placed loudspeakers attached to billboards, lamposts, and shopfronts: "ATTENTION DUELISTS! OUR MASTER OF CEREMONIES WILL BE HERE MOMENTARILY! THAT IS ALL!

Achan scratched what little of his hair that poked from under the brim of his straw hat. He had picked up this particular piece of headgear in Hawaii, along with his flowered shirt, and he never stopped bragging about it to anyone who would care to listen. So, the MC was going to show up, eh? Who was it? Ah, well. They would say who soon enough. In the meantime, it wouldn't be a bad idea to find someone to talk with. It would help blow a few minutes before the tournament proper commenced. With this thought in mind, Achan strode forward and was lost in the crowd.

OOC: And there you have it! Everything you need to know as the RP starts. Before you ask, while we know about the break-in at duelist kingdom, our characters don't. And yes, for those of you who aren't American and don't know, New York really is called "The Big Apple" sometimes. I don't know why. It just is. 0_O Oh, and yeah, this is where our characters meet up. As my final comment, I'll point out that while it is never stated that Pegasus likes Pokemon, a manga-fiend like him who plays a deck filled with cartoon dragons would at least appreciate it. XD

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • "Excuse me?" the high-pitched, authoritative and - above all - fiercely demanding female voice effectively cut through the general din of the crowd, making it quite clear that the owner of said voice was in no way looking to be excused, the dark blue eyes giving off their trademark glare - and effectively saying 'I'm better than you in each and every way, so you should count yourself lucky that we're even talking' - giving her doll-like ivory-colored face a decidedly intimidating appearance, the carefully groomed, dark purple hair flowing behind her in a sea of elegant curls, "I didn't quite catch that, would you care to repeat it for me?"

The addressed, a teenage boy about a head taller than her with a few spikes of light brown hair sticking out from beneath a light gray wool hat and an equally colored hoodie, reaching a fair bit above his loose jeans - the girl had half a mind to laugh at this attire - was slightly taken aback by the reaction, but soon regained his composure, putting on an arrogant sneer, "I said that you might need protection." he replied softly, "Pretty little girl like you all alone in the big city, and that rich too. Some folks might be tempted to do bad things, unless nice folks like me and my pal here..." he nodded towards a larger male on his right, a pudgy, bald teenager wearing a tent-like orange t-shirt and a pair of blue shorts that were way too short for the comfort of anyone watching, "...help you out."

"Yeah." fashion disaster number two chimed in, letting out the kind of dumb, suck-up laugh that was seemingly universal for simple-minded henchmen around the world, "All we need is a couple of those rare cards o' yours."

"Is that so?" the girl replied coolly, "Well, you are absolutely correct in noting that I'm not only pretty but also rich - obscenely rich, actually. However, the notion that I'd need help from your kind..." she giggled in a decidedly snobbish way, "...why that's almost as rich as I am. I think I'll pass. And besides..." she dismissively waved a well-manicured hand at the duo, wrinkling her nose at them, "...I dislike having my cards handled by people who don't know how to wash their hands. Excuse me."

"You're not getting it, are you, girl?" fashion emergency number one hissed, now considerably red in the face as he lunged for the girl's wrist, "Hand over those cards or we'll-"

"Ms Edgeworth, are these ruffians bothering you?"

The boy's jaw went slack and he released his grip, backing away from the starched, black suit that had suddenly materialized beside the girl, a pair of sunglasses staring down at him from between the collar and the black hair standing in perfect attention, a heavy black suitcase cuffed to his right arm by a chain, "Well, I was..."

"Good sirs." another suit, this one equipped with dark red hair arranged in a number of drooping spikes, appeared on the girl's other side, a matching suitcase attached to his left arm, "I feel it's my duty to inform you that I have studied under the reigning master of child grabbing, so kindly do not bother the lady or I shall be forced to demonstrate my skills."

"What should we do with them, miss?" inquired a third, bald but decidedly dark-skinned suit from behind the duo.

"SHALL WE FLOG THEM, M'AM?!" boomed a fourth one blocking the last avenue of escape, his hair graying but his enthusiasm that much more vivid.

Everyone flinched at the last voice, the girl included, "Raymond..." she shot an irritated glare in the last man's direction, "Are you perchance trying to render me deaf?! I have told you numerous times that my sensitive ears should not be subjected to such vulgar levels of noise. And stop calling me m'am or I shall be forced to have you fired. I am a delicate young lady, I'm not married, and thus I believe I'm fully entitled to being called miss."

"BUT M'AM-" the last suit protested.

"Raymond..." the other suits took a precautionary step back, sensing the oncoming eruption and wanting to distance themselves from it's target: the man apparently named Raymond.

"Uh-" he shuffled uncomfortably under the deathstare, "I mean sorry, miss. I'll do as you say, miss."

"That's better." the girl replied sweetly, her righteous fury gone as she turned back to the now terrified duo, "Now as you can see..." she continued in the same sugary voice, "I'm quite well protected, so I'm afraid I don't really need you." the suits cracked their knuckles on queue, the fashion emergencies - now practically constituting a disaster area, hunched together as they were - recoiling a bit more, "Unless...you would be so kind as to direct me to Times Square?"

The duo exchanged worried looks, and Raymond took it as a queue to crack his knuckles again. Sadly, none of the other three followed suit, but it was enough of a hint.

"We'll do it! We'll do it!" emergency number one squealed.

"Yeah!" his dumber complement chimed in, "Always ready to help, ma-miss, yeah, miss."

"So glad to hear it." the girl replied, "On you go then, and please direct us there in a timely fashion. I wouldn't want to keep my fans waiting."

Everyone concerned diplomatically maintained silence at the last statement.

"Well, don't just stand there!" the girl snapped irritably, "I'm not getting any younger here! Oh, and Raymond..." she cast a disapproving glance at the suit who had currently fallen out of favor, "Once this tournament is over, we shall truly have to do something about your timing."

"Yes, miss."

Times Square, it turned out after their 'voluntary' guides had brought them there and hastily made their retreat, was just as crowded as the rest of New York. For all the hype, it looked about as appealing as the London underground on a work day, and - she concluded with barely disguised distaste as she was yet again forced to flick a piece of dirt from her white blouse - about as sanitary too. She was lucky to have gone with the black skirt today, at least that way the dirt wouldn't show as bad. What bothered her most of all was not the dirt, however, no; it was the fact that there were countless people around yet were it not for the square formation of buff bodyguards following her no-one would have spared her a second glance. Oh no...all these pathetic amateurs were so preoccupied with fantasizing about tournament victories - as if that would ever happen - and hastily shuffling through and double-checking their decks. Some were even desperately trying to cram in some last-minute dueling practice and card training. The girl cast a disapproving glance at the people around her.

"Nothing but rank amateurs." she remarked, distaste etched in her voice, "I thought this was supposed to be a contest for pros?!"

"Well..." a soft, chiming voice by her right ear volunteered, "These are the opening rounds, aren't they?"

"I knew that." the girl retorted, folding her arms defensively and casting a sideward glance at the being that materialized beside her, the little blonde girl in the white robe with the hood shaped like a sheep's head that no-one but she could apparently see or hear, "But still, why do so many people who obviously have no shot at winning..." she gestured towards a boy about her age proudly proclaiming 'I summon Gigobyte in Attack mode!' at this point, "...even bother to show up? It's just a lot of pointless duels for me."

"I don't think you should be so hard on them, Tacey." the translucent little girl scolded, "I mean, everyone's got to start somewhere. Remember our first tournament deck?"

"Well it wasn't a complete hackjob." a third, far more authoritative voice chimed in, its owner - this one a little girl about the same size as the first, but with light red hair and wearing a black robe with a rabbit hood, "After all, we were in it. Besides, we were in the hobby league; not a world championship."

The double trouble duo was now officially gathered and in argument. Brilliant, just brilliant.

"Well we would have been in one if Tacey had had her way." the first one retorted, "And besides, Curran, it's not like it would have been such a bad thing. I mean, card games are not about winning, they're about having fun and meeting new people, and-"

"Pikeru...I can't believe we're related." Curran retorted poignantly, "Of course it's about winning! Enjoying losses is what-what...well, losers do! And who would want to be friends with a bunch of common street punks who need to substitute social life with a children's card game?"

"You should never judge a book by its cover, and besides what's wrong with-"

"Would the two of you please SHUT UP?!"

Tacey's enraged scream immediately caught the attention of two people dueling nearby, both of them giving her a quizzical glance.

"No, not you!" Tacey snapped irritably at them, "Carry on! It's not like the whole world revolves around you, you know! I was talking to some other people!"

The duo stared for a while longer, but eventually resumed their card game.

"Careful now..." Curran remarked, snickering at the scene, "You wouldn't want people to think of you as a complete nutcase or anything."

"And you're being a world of help on that front, Curran." Tacey hissed back, stalking aimlessly through the crowd, her head still held high.

"She's got a point, though." Pikeru remarked cautiously, "No-not about you being a nutcase or anything." she added hastily, catching sight of the girl's expression, "I mean, you should try to act a bit more...normal. You know, go talk to people, get to know them before the competition."

"Oh, really?" Tacey demanded haughtily, "Like who?"

"Umm...how about that boy over there?" Pikeru pointed a timid finger towards a boy roughly Tacey's size, his red hair styled in that crazy starfish hairdo that all the Yugi-wannabes around were so obsessed with. His attire was nothing to call home about: a cheap, Hawaiian shirt the likes of which you could buy at any given souvenir shop and a straw hat to go with it, accompanied by a pair of khaki shorts, "I-I think I've seen a picture of him somewhere."

"Where?" Curran inquired mockingly, "'The biggest Loser'?"

"No!" Pikeru snapped back, seemingly about to argue with her sister but turning back to Tacey instead, "Tacey, he looks about your age. Why don't you give it a try? I mean...you might really like him."

"Well..." Tacey began doubtfully, but before she was given any time to phrase an answer, the collective eardrums of the crowd came under vicious assault from the all too numerous loudspeakers in the area:

"ATTENTION DUELISTS! OUR MASTER OF CEREMONIES WILL BE HERE MOMENTARILY! THAT IS ALL!"

"Oh sugar!" Tacey swore irritably, rubbing her ear, "Doesn't Pegasus have any standards in employees? People who can't even handle a microphone should be fired!"

"Tacey! That boy!" Pikeru chimed, pointing towards Achan's departing back, "It's now or never."

"Fine." Tacey replied, "But the two of you kindly bugger off for a moment; I don't want any sideline commentaries."

Pikeru nodded, "Don't worry, we'll be quiet."

"Yeah." Curran concurred, smiling impishly, "We won't let out a peep, just remember that we're following every word you say and will use them to embarrass the living daylights out of you later."

"Curran!" Pikeru scolded, but her twin had already disappeared from view, followed by a final score of laughter, and the other had no choice but to give a sigh of forfeit and fade away as well, "Good luck." she whispered, just before vanishing.

'Good luck.'
    Tacey repeated in her mind, shaking her head 'What does she think this is? A blind date?' she would simply grace this fortunate plebeian with her close-to-divine presence for a while, it wasn't like they'd even become friends.

"I say, you!" she called out in fluent Queen's English, striding towards Achan with her usual swagger, "Yes, you in the souvenir shirt! Wait right there, I wish to speak with you!" it wasn't a request; it was a command, and by golly the boy had better heed it if he knew what was good for him. If Tacey was to consent to socializing with someone of the package holiday social class, the kind who probably flew in tourist class, then said person should at least show some basic manners.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    "Busted."

Michel tapped the small glass casing that shielded the fragile hands of his silver analogue wristwatch. The alternation between time zones after finally arriving in New York was severely affecting his internal clock, and after just arriving in the "Big Apple" from the initial touch down of his flight, he was already suffering major jetlag and to add to his displeasure, had no idea what time it was.
    Wiping the scuffed surface of the two year old watch, Michel finally accepted that his time was up and abandoned his fruitless efforts in discerning the time, before turning his immediate attention to his initial task.

"Times Square. Where could that be?"

He was currently standing on the pathway lining one of the city's many streets and amongst the bustling crowds, was finding it increasingly difficult to locate a definite direction to where he wanted to go. The sound of traffic, the citizens and the smallest amount of nature, swarmed the air of the never sleeping city and surrounded his already intoxicated senses, worsening his already crappy condition.

Realising his headache would only get worse if he continued to dawdle, Michel steadied the side of his head with one hand before reaching into the surrounding crowd with the other, in the hope of grabbing somebody's attention, literally.
    His hand made contact and grasped the soft fabric of a cotton tee shirt. Pulling in the rather surprised individual, Michel quickly introduced himself in a manner that was far less formal than he would intentionally greet someone, and went straight to the point.

"I'm Michel, now tell me where Times Square is."

The preteen boy who had been caught in the nineteen year olds' clutches, stared wide-eyed back at his captor, apparently shocked at being addressed so suddenly. The kid's Duel Disk caught Michel's attention and he realised that his question would inevitably be answered one way or another, despite the boy's immediate response. Smiling at this, the semi-formerly dressed business teen lessened his grip ever so slightly and repeated his question.

"Where is Times Square?"

"Hey! What are you doing? Let go of me creep!" the boy stammered, struggling against the older boy's grip. "Assault damn it! Assault!"

Several heads turned as the boy continued to kick and scream. At this point, Michel's head was throbbing and he was having severe trouble in focusing one hundred percent on the current situation. Swaying slightly, he released the boy with a small push and forced him onto the ground before slithering into the crowd. He didn't need to attract any unwanted attention and decided he would find Times Square himself, spitting on his previous thoughts of obtaining directions with no problems.

"Damn it. This city's way too big."

His headache had lessened slightly as he walked further down the street, following the general flow of the crowds. Each hand rested on his belongings, which he made sure not to lose in the dense overgrowth of people swarming the roads. His Duel Disk and Duel Monsters deck sat comfortably and securely across his left forearm, while his other hand traversed the strap that tied his shoulder bag over his torso.

Wandering aimlessly, his hopes of finding his destination were suddenly restored when a peculiar sight met his eyes. A purple-haired girl accompanied by four tall suits, which all appeared to be tailing two young males, crossed his path.

"What the hell?"

And then suddenly, a voice rang out over the coupling noises that already filled the polluted air of the city.

"ATTENTION DUELISTS! OUR MASTER OF CEREMONIES WILL BE HERE MOMENTARILY! THAT IS ALL!"

"Crap, it's starting. Hmm? Hey, it's that kid from before."

After watching the purple-haired girl disappear into the crowds, Michel was greeted by another sight that caught his attention. The young boy who he had interrogated earlier was quickly making his way in the same direction as the girl and the four suits, his Duel Disk flashing in the sunlight like a beacon calling a ship to shore.

"Heh, I made it."

Last edited:

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
  • After 2 days of flying and nothingness , Rurian silently walked over to a small building which was selling trading card games. After looking at most of the cards he walked off until he noticed a boy his age walking around amongst the crowd. But what caught his attention the most was that most of the people had duel disks , signaling that the tournament wasn't very small.

"Darn it , it's gonna be a while before the tournament is over. But still , where is Pega-"

Rurian was cut off as he saw a blond girl that was also his age strolling around. She also had purple eyes , a nice smile , and her long hair to go with it.

"No way.... Is that Saku-"

He was cut off again by an announcement being made and payed attention.

"Darn it... Hey , where did she go?"

Rurian looked around and couldn't find her anywhere , so he gave up and strolled to the middle of the crowd.

OOC: sorry for the crappy post , school's starting.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • OOC: I don't get it. Why is it that Achan's hair is suddenly completely visible through his hat? I THOUGHT IT WAS COVERED!!! XD (And if school was started you may as well have waited before posting, Omega. Still, you are forigven. >.<) One last thing: It's Times Square, people. Not "Time Square". How dare you not be as American as I am?

IC:

"I say, you! In the souveneir shirt! Wait right there, I want to speak with you!"

Achan whirled to face the owner of the insistent voice behind him. If there was one thing Achan detested it was insistent, hurrying people who didn't care about anything except getting whatever it was they were involved in over with and racing on to the next thing. In his mind if you hurried too often, you ended up missing out on a lot of what makes the journey great. Achan, certainly, was in no rush to leave New York. Just yesterday he had discovered one of more then four thousand mobile food carts which carried middle-eastern delicacies such as kebabs, and been introduced to the bagels of NYC. More delicious then anything he'd ever tasted! And if he hadn't stopped to order, he might have-

Oh shoot, the girl was practically in his face now, and his daydreams had run away with him yet again. Achan slapped himself mentally. It was probably a good thing his deck included very few counter traps as with his lackadaisical attitude he would probably be too wrapped up in a daydream to activate them. Stepping forward, he prepared to give vent to a long lecture about how he didn't care where this kid was from, this was America and here nobody was allowed to give any orders to anyone else without due cause when he got an eyeful of what she was wearing. Black-and-white. What the heck? If he added a bonnet and switched the color scheme around a little, it could have been a maid in some rich dude's house. But no, whoever this was was too swelled up with pride and something else to ever be mistaken for a servant. Dignity, whispered something in the back of Achan's brain. I think we had that up until, oh, sixth grade? Achan took a quick step back to size up the girl better. She was about his own height, and now that he had had a chance to look at her, she reminded him a bit of an old china doll of his mother's. Even her skin tone was the same, though Achan figured that she'd need a parasol to keep that tone much longer. It was the middle of August, after all, and while New York had a relatively cool climate he didn't think they'd be staying there long. There was something else about her too, a kind of bottled-up anger that made Achan realize that spouting nonsense about America would only draw him into a shouting match which, in all likelihood, he would lose.

Curiosity bubbled up inside Achan. As he began to speak, he noticed the duel disk on her arm. It was the newer variety. Well, that was at least a starter for the conversation. "Why are you using that thing? The old KC-issue ones are ten times cheaper. And isn't a dress like that a bit uncomfortable in the summertime?" he asked, making sure to keep his tone conversational. "Oh, and I'm Achan, Achan Smith. And you are?"

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Gawd...I missed that. But you know, ACC, I can throw that right back at you: Tacey wasn't wearing her disk; it's still locked up in one of the two cases I mentioned. =P Lul, we really need to read each others' posts better, eh? xD Oh well, guess she just forgot about the matter. Oh, and of course Tacey can't be as American as you; she's British. ;D

Oh, and randomly: does Michel have a surname? And what's his family's company called? Might need that info later on. :3

IC:

"Hmm?" Tacey blinked at the remark, staring dumbly at her arm. And sure enough, her duel disc was there. Well, to be precise, her shiny, brand spanking new not-yet-on-the-public-market prototype duel disc. Sure, short of a slightly sleeker design and lighter, more durable material it didn't look any different from your average academy disc, but some of the new features would surely turn out quite useful. Still, the fact remained that she had been wearing her disc without even noticing it. Talk about first impressions...

'Smooth move, Tacey.' a little voice in her mind chirped, 'Real smooth. You sure did an excellent job at not coming off as a clueless little ditz.'

...and so much for the non-interference. The girl felt like screaming at her oh-so-witty duel spirit, but decided against it, choosing instead to cast a glare at the grunt in charge of the disc case, wordlessly informing him that this was not how you kept your employer up to date about a situation before turning back to salvage what little was left of her first impression. This...Achan, sure seemed to have a knack for posing stupid questions, but she supposed that concerning her own little slip-up she was entitled to show some lenience. The boy had shown some manners at least, and introduced himself to boot, so she supposed that counted for something.

"Tacey Edgeworth." she introduced herself, seizing the boy's hand into a vicegrip of a handshake before releasing it again - goodness, didn't this boy know the first thing about how one was supposed to address a lady? He was lucky to have found some manners in the end or he'd have been in for an earful - "And yes, that's Edgeworth as in Edgeworth Electronics, so don't bother to ask. Charmed, I'm sure." the smile was impeccable, even though 'charmed' was probably not the word that best described her feelings at the moment, "As for your question...well, as heiress of my parents' company..." she never missed a chance to mention that particular piece of information, and the chance to divulge it had already lifted her mood a bit, "...I have a certain image to uphold, and I'm afraid that using one of those clumsy old things just wouldn't do. I mean, just look." she demonstratively activated the duel disc, holding it up so that Achan could get a clear view of the smooth, soundless way the card slots folded out from the main object and the oh-so-much prettier way the slots lit up, not to mention the high quality of the life point counter digits, before deactivating the device again, "Can you even compare the style of that to standard issue? Daddy is one of the biggest component suppliers for Kaiba Corp, you know, he couldn't have his daughter walk around with just any piece of junk metal on her arm now, could he? Besides, it's not like the pittance proper dueling equipment costs compared to second-rate hand-me-downs is going to ruin anyone." she chuckled a bit at the thought, completely oblivious to the fact that what she referred to as 'a pittance' other's called 'a month's pay', "And for your information, I happen to like my outfit." there was a slight edge to her voice which suggested that arguing further on the matter was not a wise decision, "I've also got my fans to think of. Noblesse oblige, you know. So, what about you then?" she cast a glance at the boy's straw hat, "Why do you dress like you're on a package holiday? Is that like, a dueling gimmick or something?"

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Achan felt his hand being crushed by the younger girl's as she introduced herself. Tacey Edgeworth? Edgeworth electronics? He was about to say "Never heard of it" before she continued rambling on about her father. Figuring that whatever this place was it must be pretty big overseas he bit his lip and allowed her to continue. She went on to explain that her duel disk was so much better and began showing off the duel disk. Achan stifled a yawn. Merciful saints, could this get any worse?

Then she dropped the bombshell. "Daddy is one of the biggest component suppliers for Kaiba Corp, you know, he couldn't have his daughter walk around with just any piece of junk metal on her arm now, could he?"

Once again, Achan stifled an urge to react inappropriately, however this time he was preventing himself from strangling the girl for insulting his duel disk. How dare she? This duel disk had been his since... since...

Flashsback:

"Happy sweet sixteen Achan!"

The teenager slumped off of his bedspread onto the floor, moaning. It was six in the morning, on a Sunday. Achan made it his rule to never wake up before eight on Sunday mornings. And to make matters worse, there was probably going to be a party. Eleven of his Mom's best friends from the gardening society and every relative he knew and hated would probably be there, pinching his cheeks and making appreciative comments about his new hairstyle, the "Starfish-Style" hair that had become trendy recently. Did Achan enjoy dueling? Yes. Did he enjoy it so much that he wanted to emulate the hairstyle of the King of Games in hopes that some of the greatness would rub off? No way. And yet his mother loved it so much that she had bribed that barber dude to give him this cut instead of his usual flat-top. Oh, how he loathed his parents sometimes. "Come in..." he groaned.

Achan's father, a diminuitive man with rather large glasses eased his way into the room. "Son?" he asked, holding a rather large object behind his back.

Achan sat up. As every kid knows, large object behind parent's back plus birthday is always equal to present and/or surprise. Achan wasn't really a kid anymore, but he was still young enough to get excited about a present. "Yeah?" he said, standing up.

His father smiled. "Well, your mother and I decided that since this is your sixteenth birthday, we'd get you something kind of... special."

Achan smiled again. "What is it, a car?" he asked in a jocular tone. A car was pretty near impossible, as Achan didn't even have his learner's permit yet, let alone a license.

"What do you mean a car? Achan, what are you talking about? You don't even have a license yet!" his dad replied, confused.

Achan groaned. His father was a bright man, true, but he had trouble detecting subtle humour. "It was a joke, Dad."

"Oh."

Achan stared at his father, who was now looking more befuddled then ever. "Um... can I open it?"

Achan's father's face broke into a smile as he laid the cardboard box on the bed. "Go ahead."

Achan smiled as he began to rip the box open. Before long, the room was littered with scraps of wrapping paper. Immediately, a whoop of joy escaped the teen's lungs. "A duel disk! An authentic, KC issue duel disk! I've wanted one of these since I started playing!" He leaped out of bed and grabbed his father in a bear hug, a rare display of affection.

Achan's father smiled until his son released him before straightening his glasses. "I'm sorry we couldn't get you a newer model, son, but the store was all sold out, and-"

Achan cut him off. "Don't be sorry, Dad. I never really liked that new kind anyway. They're pretty lame." he said, and meant it too.

Achan floated back to reality as Tacey finished her statement. "I've also got my fans to think about. Noblesse Oblige and all that. What about you? Why do you dress like you're on a package holiday? Is that some kind of dueling gimmick or something?"

Achan was struck by recognition. "Noblesse Oblige? Tacey Edgeworth? I remember you! You were on the pro circuit when I went to Hawaii two months ago!" Overcome by this realization, his anger over the slighted duel disk instantly deflated. Shaking his head, Achan attempted to say something that wouldn't make him look like a total fan of Tacey's. He wasn't her devotee in any way, shape, or form, but he was impressed that he was talking to her in person. "I heard about you from another duelist. He said you played a weird deck, but you were a good opponent." He flashed a grin. "In any case, I dress like I'm on a package holiday because I am. For me, this tournament is my one shot at seeing the world, and I intend to make the most of it. And I'm going to take a chance and ask how your duel disk is any better then mine. They have the same holo-generators, after all, and style doesn't take you anywhere when it comes to dueling." He grinned one last time. He had just found the perfect way to smack her pride the way she had struck his. "And what's Edgeworth Electronics? I've never heard of them."

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • "Oh, so you've heard of me." Tacey remarked, seeming to have gone conveniently deaf to everything else the boy had said. Her opinion of the lout had gone up, though; after all, he was a fan, obviously rendered nervous and awestruck by her radiant presence, which would have explained his less than graceful mode of conversation. Clearly, he wasn't very well educated - to not have heard about Edgeworth Electronics the poor kid must surely have dwelt under a rock - but at least he had good taste in idols. Still, a light correction or two would probably be in order.

"I do have to differ, though." the girl added, "Winning at card games is something a trained chimpanzee with a bit of luck behind him can accomplish, but winning the hearts of an audience as well?" she flashed him an ever-so adorable smile, "That is what makes the difference between a talented amateur and a pro. And when it comes to style, every detail counts. That's a free tip for you from the future queen of games." she added, giving him a wink, "If you ever make a name for you shall find that I was completely right." she paused, casting a glance across the square before adding in an off-hand voice, "Now I'm getting kind of bored, though. How rude of them to keep people waiting like this, wouldn't you agree? I say, Rufus!" she winked at the spiky-haired suit, the man lumbering over dutifully and giving a curt bow.

"Yes, miss?" the man inquired politely.

"I'm feeling a bit parched." Tacey replied, "Please get me something to drink while we wait for these tiresome formalities to be sorted out." the girl then turned to Achan, "Personal bodyguards." she explained matter-of-factly, "They're a bit of a bother to shepherd at times, but they have their uses. Besides, a lady's got to be careful with all these ruffians about. Want something? It's my treat, but you've got, oh...five minutes to make up your mind before I send him off anyway." Oh...she was being such a little angel right now. Why she was practically saintly. But she'd probably have to keep a firm attitude too. After all, she wouldn't want to give this poor fan of hers any false hopes. Today's fan could be tomorrow's obsessive stalker, after all, and Tacey really didn't feel like completely blinding this poor boy - who was undoubtedly already counting his blessings to be in such esteemed company - with the full beauty of her radiant persona.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Achan stared at this girl. Who did she think she was, Elvis? He felt his hackles rising as she began to drone on about winning Card Games involving style. He was nearly in her face, ripping her hair out at that. If there was one thing Achan hated, it was style. Style had ruined his life in middle school. Fashion was for those who could afford it, anyway. And this girl was really getting on his nerves with each passing moment. It wasn't so much what she said, but the way she carried herself that annoyed him. The little oh-so-sophisticated way she waved her hands, that slight lilt of superiority in her voice, her overwhelming conceit, and above all her insistent, demanding nature made his blood boil. What made him really furious was that his jibe at her father's company's expense had completely missed its mark. He'd have to find a subtler way to show her how small it really was.

Achan's small reverie was broken as Tacey sent off a personal guard to go fetch a drink. As she explained what he was, and offered Achan a treat 'on the house'*, he resisted the urge to ask "You have bodyguards?"

So instead he asked "I don't know if I really want anything to drink." He was interrupted by a slight growl from his stomach, and he nervously continued "But if you know a cart that sells them, I could use a kebab really badly."

The loudspeakers blared again. "ATTENTION, DUELISTS! THE MASTER OF CEREMONIES WILL BE HERE INCREDIBLY SOON!" Then, in a lower voice, "Alright, Bob, I can't delay forever. What do you mean, this guy is in his dressing room? Come on, he can't stay in there all- Oh ****, this thing's still-"

Achan rolled his eyes. "Come on..." he groaned, turning to his newfound companion. "You know, I'm not exactly unknown. I've got a few accomplishments under my belt too," he commented, "And why the heck are you so sure that you're the next King of Games? Did Muto visit you in your dreams and tell you that you were the chosen one or something?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back