• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    The set card could be a problem.

Right, then I'll just have to pick something that knows how to deal with sets.

"My draw!" Achan announced as he snatched the top card of his deck.

Achan: 7800
    Hand: 5
    Field: S/T
    Graveyard: None
    RFG: Wandering Beast

Suddenly, a grin spread across his face, only falling when he snuck a glance at Wolfgang in the distance. "Let's see... this ought to do nicely. I summon Wandering Hero, in attack position!"

Suddenly, a column of green light erupted in front of Achan, materializing into the Hero. He had now undergone what appeared to be a full makeover, as his original costume had now been replaced by what appeared to be an if not functional then certainly impressive black costume. The tailor appeared to have run out of material, however, as there was only one sleeve. In addition, he carried a massive blade covered in bandages instead of his original weapon. Achan smiled slightly- Pegasus had definitely caught the joke by now. The hero in all his spiky-haired glory was a dead ringer for the video game character he had been designed to emulate. Without stopping to wonder about the potential lawsuits against I2 that were now probable, Achan slipped a card from his hand to the graveyard. "Wandering Hero's ability activates- Weapon Equip! I can search my deck for an equip spell at the cost of one card from my hand, and attach it to him."

Suddenly, the bandages on the hero's sword flew apart revealing a shining metal blade- however, it was different than either of the two swords Achan had equipped to him in the past. This one was much smaller, for one thing, but still fairly sizable. In addition, it seemed to have a much finer edge than the buster sword the hero had been waving around earlier. Achan nodded. "The card I chose is First Blade- One-handed Saber."

First Blade- One Handed Saber
    Equip Spell
    Increase the Atk of the equipped monster by 500. If the equipped monster is "Wandering Hero", this card gains the following effects: When the equipped monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate spell and trap cards until the end of the battle phase.

"Your deck isn't the only one with control effects," Achan announced brightly. "And to help even the odds, I think I'll play a new little spell of mine. Phoenix Down!"

A green backed card appeared behind the Hero, displaying a large, red bird flying into the distance as one of its feathers fell behind it. "Phoenix Down allows me to bring any removed-from-play Wanderer back to the game for a turn, then destroys it during the end phase. Summon, Wandering Beast!"

In a burst of flame, Wandering Beast appeared beside the Hero, growling anxiously as it prepared to attack once again.

"And now that my field's full again, I'll attack! Hero, go for it! Braver!"

The Hero leaped into the air, bringing down his blade with an audible crash on Tacey's Judge as he attacked the monster Achan had pointed to. Achan grinned. "Wandering Beast, one last round! Attack with Howling Moon!"

The Beast complied, rolling forward in the same lopsided attack as its attack points this time soared to 2600. There was a crash, and Tacey's Chevalier fell.

"Let's see..." Achan announced. "I think that'll be all- no, wait. I'll remove the Wandering Mage I sent to my graveyard for Hero's effect to add Limit Break-Bestialize to my hand. And that'll do." Suddenly, the Beast burst into flame as it faded from the arena. Achan grinned. "And that's all."

Achan: 7800
    Hand: 3
    Field: Wandering Hero (2200/1200), First Blade- One Handed Saber, One S/T (Sudden Attack- Call Reinforcements!)
    Graveyard: Wandering Beast
    RFG: Wandering Mage

OOC: And Fakies!

Spoiler:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Control?" Tacey harrumphed, seeming anything but impressed as her monster lineup crumbled under the assault, two fresh counters entering her mausoleum, "My gameplan is still proceeding undisturbed and you claim control?" she shook her head, "As long as you play that short-sightedly, you won't even have the energy, as you say, to break through a paper bag. My turn. Draw."

Duelist: Tacey
    Life Points: 7400
    Hand: 3 cards

Monsters: Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom (2000 Atk/1900 Def), Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom (1900 Atk/ 800 Def)
    S/T: Mausoleum of the Royal Family (2 counters), 1 Spell or Trap (face-down)
    Graveyard: Royal Legacy, Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Inquiry

"Discard." she announced without even glancing at her topdeck, "By sending Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom to my graveyard, I can add Magical Kingdom to my hand, and another counter to my Mausoleum. Next, I think I'll be returning control to this game. Starting with the Magical Kingdom itself."

"Now then, Smith." she said softly as the lush grasslands and the fantasy village upon them spread out once more, the magnificient white castle in the sky lording over the landscape as always, "I think your taste in monsters is not quite doing your playstyle justice, so I'm going to do something about that. Summon, Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom."

Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom (0 Atk/0 Def)

The rich girl couldn't help a smirk as the Achan lookalike jester made his entry once more, giggling and drooling on himself as he played with one of the four bells on his large - distinctly starfish-like - red hat. Catching Tacey's glance, however, the creature abruptly straightened his pose, adopting all the flair of a master magician as he raised his hands up, catching the newly lit counter from the Kingdom and the three ones from the Mausoleum in his hands and starting up a jouggling routine with them, which ended with each of them landing on one of the bells on his hat.

"Counter Juggle." Tacey announced, "When I summon the Jester, I can redistribute all spell counters on the field. The distinct difference between my Jester and you, however, is that he is actually competent at more than one thing." she snapped her fingers, the Jester grinning conspiratorily and making a show of demonstrating that he had nothing up his sleeves before leaping up in a sommersault and disappearing with a nondescript pop, only to reappear at the spot where Achan's hero had been, the hero taking up position on the Jester's.

"By removing four spell counters from my Jester, I can switch control between him and a monster of yours. Now then...Wandering Hero. Strike that fool down!"

The wanderer gave curt nod, effortlessly cutting through the Jester, who giggled and grinned to the vey end.

"Of course, by your own equip card's effect, you can do nothing about that, not that your little trap would let you do such a thing without a wanderer anyway. And of course, with my Jester's demise..." she nodded towards her Mausoleum, a new counter lighting up on it, "I still stand to gain. Set one card, turn end."

Hand: N/A

Monsters: Wandering Hero (2200/1200)
    S/T: Mausoleum of the Royal Family, 2 Spell or Trap (face-down)
    Field: Magical Kingdom
    Graveyard: Royal Legacy, Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Inquiry, Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom

OOC:

Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom
    Spellcaster/Effect
    Level 1/Light
    0 Atk/0 Def

When this card is summoned or flip summoned successfully, redistribute all Spell Counters on the Field in any manner you like. By removing 4 Spell Counters from this card, switch control between this card and a Monster your opponent controls.

Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom
    Winged Beast/Effect
    Level 4/Wind
    1600 Atk/1800 Def

By sending this card from your Hand to the Graveyard, add 1 "Magical Kingdom" from your Deck to your Hand. During each of your End Phases, if "Magical Kingdom" is on your Field, place 1 Spell Counter on this card (maximum 5). This card gains 300 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing one Spell Counter from this card, negate the destruction of "Magical Kingdom" once.

Magical Kingdom
    Field Spell

This card is also treated as "Court of Nobles". Each time a "Curran", "Pikeru" or "Royal" Monster is summoned successfully or a Spell Card is activated, place one Spell Counter on this card (maximum 10). By removing one Spell Counter from this card, add a Spell Card designating a "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster in its card effect from your Deck to the top of your Deck. By removing three Spell Counters from this card and tributing one Level 4 or lower "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster you control, Special Summon one "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster with the same Attribute as and twice the Level of the tributed Monster from your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Achan tried his best not to get emotional. Really, he did. But unfortunately, his best in this case just wasn't good enough.

"My... Hero..." he gritted his teeth. "You took... my Hero? Oh, now it's... personal." He gripped the top card of his deck. "My turn, draw!"

Achan: 5300
    Hand: 4
    Field: First Blade- One-Handed Saber, Sudden Attack- Call Reinforcements! (set)
    Graveyard: Wandering Beast
    RFG: Wandering Mage

Achan surveyed his new card, smiling slightly. Now this could be useful. "I activate the effect of my Wandering Beast," he announced, "Removing it from play once again to add Limit Break- Cosmo Memory to my hand!" He flashed the green-backed card to his opponent, then smiled as he twirled the cards in his hand, revealing another green-backed card. This one was another new appearance in his deck, and quite unusual as well. It showed the Hero, flanked by the Rogue and Beast, striking a triumphant pose as the same giant cobra that was shown on Achan's trap lay dead at his feet. "I play Victory Fanfare!"

Victory Fanfare
    Normal Spell
    Activate this card only by showing your opponent two differently named "Limit Break" spells in your hand. Show them to your opponent, then shuffle them into your deck and draw three cards.

"I return Limit Break-Cosmo Memory, as well as Limit Break-Bestialize to my deck, then shuffle and draw" Achan announced as he rid his hand of dead weight while at the same time enlarging his tactical options.

Alright, ready to make this party rock? he asked, grinning at Aku.

The spirit nodded. You know it.

"Wandering Shinobi, in attack mode!" Achan announced as he slammed his latest monster onto his duel disk. The Shinobi, like the other Wanderers, had undergone a complete overhaul of design, now dressed in clothing that seemed more suited to running around some sort of shopping district than doing actual ninja work- unless, of course, it was considered chic for ninjas to bare their midsection and wear small vests that served little purpose beyond fashion over their shirts. Her oversized shuriken was still there, true, but she now wore a large arm-guard. She also seemed to be giggling as she bounced a small, yellow orb in the palm of one hand. The moment she saw the Hero, however, she turned serious.

"Wandering Shinobi's effect," Achan announced, as he slipped a card into his graveyard slot. "I discard one card from my hand to search out any 'Wandering' monster in my deck- such as a second copy of Wandering Beast, for example." He flicked the monster card around so Tacey could see it before continuing. "And now I remove from play the copy of Wandering Rogue I discarded to add a copy of Limit Break- Beat Rush to my hand." Suddenly, Achan's hand was back at five cards.

A grin lit up his face. "And now, get ready to pay me back for my Wanderer- in spades. I play Limit Break- All Creation!"

Wandering Shinobi grinned, holding her shuriken over her head as energy gathered around it, being pulled in until it was concentrated into a single crackling white orb. "All Creation allows me to pick any three cards on the field for destruction- then their owners draw a card for each card destroyed. So I select Wandering Hero, First Blade- One-Handed Saber, and Royal Mausoluem. Go, Wandering Shinobi! Release your power!"

The charge could no longer be held. A bust of pure, destructive force went streaking towards Tacey's field....

Then stopped.

Achan stared, open-mouthed. "Hey, what gives?"

OOC: And Fakie Report

Spoiler:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Spell Power Absorption." Tacey replied evenly, unable to resist a smirk as the massive attack promptly defused, dividing into a pair of small, brightly growing orbs which settled peacefully within the Mausoleum, "By the effect of this trap card, I can negate any spell that targets a card capable of holding spell counters and convert it into two spell counters for the targeted card. In all honesty, I was expecting you to try tearing down my Kingdom, but I suppose this shall have to do. Now then, Smith," she continued, the Sturm Hunds all but forgotten in the midst of the deep satisfaction that was perfect control over a duel, "Is there anything else you would like to help me with this turn?"

This game was...a lot more fun than she had expected it to be. But of course Smith was still light years behind her in playing skill. There was no question about that.

...none at all.

Monsters: Wandering Hero (2200/1200)
    Field: Magical Kingdom
    Graveyard: Royal Legacy, Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Inquiry, Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom, Spell Power Absorption

OOC:

Spell Power Absorption
    Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when a card(s) that can have Spell Counters on it is targeted by a Spell Card your opponent controls. Negate the activation and effect of that Spell Card and destroy it, then place 2 Spell Counters on the targeted card(s).

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Achan gritted his teeth. "D-... dammit..." he muttered under his breath. "Now she's gonna..."

Achan!

What?

Stop beating yourself up, it's helping neither of us! Just set the card and end the turn! Trust me, we'll be fine!

Which... oh, that WOULD work!

Achan selected one card from his hand and slipped it into his duel disk. "Yeah, laugh while you can, Tacey. Set one card, turn end."

Achan: 5400
    Hand: 3
    Field: Wandering Shinobi (1500/1200), Two S/Ts, First Blade- One-handed Saber
    Graveyard: Limit Break-All Creation
    RFG: Wandering Rogue, Wandering Mage, Wandering Beast

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Oh, I'm afraid I won't get to do that much longer." Tacey replied impishly, "After all, given the level you play at, this will all be over in a matter of turns. My turn-"

"Enjoying ourselves, are we?"

The matriarch's voice in her head was like a bucket of ice cold water dumped on her, the rich girl's hand hesitating at the halfway point to her deck.

"In case you've forgotten." the spirit continued matter-of-factly, bringing the sturm hunds and their barrier at the edge of her vision into clear focus in her mind, "You have more to worry about than just winning this card game."

Tacey bit her lip. That was right, she needed a way to break out of their predicament before this card game was up, or goodness knew what would happen next. But how could she possibly...

"You ought to know what must be done." the matriarch finished, releasing her mind from influence, "...don't try my patience, Tacey Juliet Edgeworth."

The rich girl nodded slowly in comprehension, reaching for her deck once more. She could hardly believe how readily she was going along with this.

"Draw!" a strong gust of wind followed the simple hand movement, as effective a confirmation of the card's identity as any, "Set one Monster." Tacey declared, depositing the card in its slot with the same movement, "Battle Phase, begin."

Monsters: Wandering Hero (2200/1200), 1 face-down Monster (? Atk/? Def)
    Field: Magical Kingdom (1 counter)
    Graveyard: Royal Legacy, Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Inquiry, Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom, Spell Power Absorption

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "And end."

Achan's most recently set card flipped up, releasing a shocking roar that prevented the Hero, who had been preparing to charge into battle, back into a passive state. "Threatening Roar," he announced. "You can't attack this turn. Sorry."

A grin crossed Achan's face. "And yeah, I suppose you're right about my dueling abilities Tacey- I really can't do much beyond flip a trap card any beginner has three or four copies of. Which conveniently, dodges Saber since Hero actually has to declare an attack to make use of it. Nope, I know absolutely nothing about this game."

Aku buzzed to him, concerned. You know she'll slap you for this.

So let her!

Aku's eyes widened. Eh? Well then, don't blame me when you get her so mad that she doesn't look at you for the rest of the tournament.

I don't mind that much... besides, Tacey's really cute when she's-

Achan blushed as he realized where the conversation was heading. "Er.. anyway, continue your turn."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Tacey merely scoffed. For the briefest of moments she seemed flustered, but she quickly regained her fire, "You know, Smith," she remarked, seemingly hardly impressed even as the hero on her field was forced to step back without launching an attack, "you're even more annoying when you're being obsequious than you are when you're being a loudmouth braggart. Turn end."

She couldn't help narrowing her eyes at the boy, however. What was with that cheeky attitude? Something had changed about him, and she wasn't entirely sure she approved of it.

Monsters: Wandering Hero (2200/1200), 1 face-down Monster (? Atk/? Def)
    Field: Magical Kingdom (1 Counter)

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Achan shrugged slightly, a bemused grin forming. "I guess that's what I was trying to do, so that's okay. My turn, draw!"

Aku glanced sideways at his partner. Achan, you wouldn't happen to be enjoying yourself, would you?

Achan nodded, closing his eyes. I... I guess I am. I know I'm being threatened with my life and all, but... this duel is pushing all my buttons. And I mean, pushing them in ways I didn't know they worked. I feel... I feel at home doing this. You know, someone told me once- His grin wavered for a moment.

Told you what?

I can't remember now. Achan shook his head. There are still some holes in my memory from before, even now that I've remembered my life before. But... why does this one bug me so much?

Achan, I sympathize, I really do. But if we're going to stand a chance at winning this thing, you have to actually make a play.

I know... I know. Then what are we waiting for?

Achan glanced at his latest draw- and grinned. "I went fishing, and I caught exactly what I needed," he commented. "Spell card, Brain Control!"

Achan's life point countered flashed as eight hundred points were deducted from his score. A pair of green, ethereal hands reached out and snatched Wandering Hero, pulling him back to his rightful place at Achan's side. Achan grinned again. "Cool, huh?" He asked. "...Or wait, right. That's a textbook move, I'll lose Hero again by the turn's end, blah-blah-blah, etc., etc. Yeah, I'm sure I can't impress you Tacey... unless I beat you. I tribute Wandering Hero!"

The Hero fell to the ground suddenly, letting his saber drop by his side as he clapped a hand to his neck. He gave a scream as he was enveloped in green light before being replaced by a grinning, blue-skinned demonic being who simply pulled himself to his feet as a copy of the Hero's hair, clothing, even his giant sword emerged. "Wandering Vampire copies the name and abilities of any Wanderer I tribute for him- for example, this one." He slipped Beat Rush into his graveyard. "I search my deck for a copy of Excalibuster-Blade of the Wandering Hero."

The bandages on the Vampire's buster exploded, revealing the Hero's trademark weapon. "Excalibuster has two effects- first, it increases my Vampire's attack by eight hundred points. Second, it allows me to send any monster he destroys to the bottom of the deck instead of the graveyard- granted, it won't work on your Royals while you've got that Mausoleum. Oh, and if it gets destroyed to protect my Vampire, your monster is also destroyed. Any questions?"

Achan grinned removed his Hero from the graveyard. "I'll search the deck for Limit Break- Omnislash," he announced. "Then I discard it for Wandering Shinobi's effect to search Wandering Healer from my deck- and I'll attack with Shinobi! Deathblow!"

Shinobi dashed forward, launching her massive throwing star at the set monster.

OOC: Fakies on the loose!

Spoiler:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Shall I take that as your admission that I won't be impressed in this duel?" Tacey replied, seeming completely unbothered by the attack, which briefly relieved a small, mosaic jar with a mischievously grinning mouth and a single, large eye peering out of it before the monster shattered under the assault.

"Morphing Jar's effect." the rich girl announced, "We both discard our hands and draw five new cards. Or...in my case, just skip straight to drawing. Now then..." her gaze briefly lingered on her remaining face-down before she returned it to her opponent, "Will that be all, Smith?"

Hand: 5 cards

Monsters: N/A
    Field: Magical Kingdom (3 Counters)
    Graveyard: Royal Legacy, Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Inquiry, Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom, Spell Power Absorption, Morphing Jar

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Well, thanks for the help," Achan commented as he tossed his remaining in-hand cards and drew from his deck. "My hand was getting rather small."

Achan, you sure you should be excited? You just recharged your opponent's hand.

Way to kill my high.

"Anyway, Wandering Vampire's turn- direct attack! Chaos Braver!" Achan announced.

The vampire grinned, hoisting his massive blade and charging before leaping into the air, preparing to land on Tacey and deliver a taste of sweet revenge over Achan's earlier attacks...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Tacey didn't even grace the next attack with a blink, even as a hefty chunk of her life points went down with it, standing on her spot in full, regal composure as she faced the savage-looking vampire head on. This was still a game, and she wasn't about to do something amateurish like getting emotional over what was truly and utterly a mere hologram.

"Oh, you are quite welcome." she replied evenly as the Vampire returned to his spot, "Given the way you have been assisting my setup for this entire duel, I thought it only a matter of basic manners to give you a few more cards to squander. Proceed with your turn then, Smith."

Life Points: 4400
    Hand: 5 cards

Graveyard: Royal Legacy, Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Inquiry, Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom, Spell Power Absorption, Morphing Jar

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Ooh, Zing," Achan replied as he watched Tacey's life points plummet with satisfaction. "But I'm not done yet."

One of the cards in Achan's graveyard slot was ejected. "Wandering Dragon Muthaba gets removed from play in order to add Limit Break-Mega Flare to my hand," he announced. "I discarded him via Morphing Jar. I'll let Healer stay for now."

He surveyed his field. "Now... do your worst. Turn end."

She's extremely pissed at you by now.

That's the idea. The more pissed Tacey is, the better chance I have of forcing her to go into overdrive and hit me with everything she's got.

Aku's eyes widened. You're trying to force out Cureru?

Achan nodded. That's the general idea. If I didn't want Cureru, I DO have equip spells I could have searched that hit over Jar without triggering its effect.

You do know Tacey's miracle draw doesn't need your help, right? And that I can read your thoughts, and you didn't even realize that was Jar?

....I hate you sometimes.

"Anyway, turn end."

Achan: 4600
    Hand: 6
    Field: Wandering Vampire (3000/1500), Wandering Shinobi (1500/1200), Excalibuster, Blade of the Wandering Hero, One S/T
    Graveyard: Wandering Healer, Limit Break-Beat Rush, Limit Break-Bestialize, Limit Break-Omnislash, Threatening Roar, First Blade-One Handed Saber, Brain Control, Wandering Beast, Phoenix Down
    RFG: Wandering Dragon-Muthaba, Wandering Beast, Wandering Hero, Wandering Mage, Wandering Rogue

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "My turn." Tacey announced, a fresh gust of wind joining in as she brought her hand up to six cards, "Draw."

Hand: 6 cards

"Magic card activate." the rich girl announced promptly, "Hand Destruction. By this effect, we both send two cards from our hands to the graveyard and draw two new ones."

Effect discard: Princess Pikeru, Queen Curran

She gave a curt nod as both Kingdom and Mausoleum lit up with fresh counters, "And now, trap card open. Rightful Heir! By selecting one monster that was sent to my graveyard from my hand or field this turn, I can summon one monster from my deck whose level is half of the selected monster's or less. And as it so happens, my Royal Double is of a far lower level than Queen Curran."

Royal Double (1200 Atk/1000 Def)

"Royal Double's effect." she continued promptly, "Since my kingdom is on the field, the Double can copy the effect, name, level, and attribute of any Curran or Pikeru monster in my graveyard. In this case...Princess Pikeru!"

With a simple wrist movement, the gray-clad figure snapped her fan shut, revealing a perfect copy of Pikeru's face, while the gray cloak she cast aside revealed an equally careful replica of the puffy white dress.

"Of course, a replica is never quite like the real thing." the rich girl continued, "And therefore, I'll activate the effect of my Magical Kingdom. By removing three counters, I can sacrifice my fake princess for the true Queen." with a snap of her fingers, three of the brightly shining lights from the castle spires circled around the double and promptly engulfed her, eventually dying down to reveal the grown-up Pikeru in her full royal regalia, scepter at the ready, "Special Summon, Queen Pikeru."

Queen Pikeru (3000 Atk/0 Def)

"Then, using the effect of the Royal Chevalier in my hand, I'll summon him without tribute simply by the presence of my Queen." at the girl's words, Pikeru procured a laced handkerchief from within the folds of her dress and tossed it into the air, the newly appeared wyvern knight catching it without fail and securing it around the handle of his lance, "And since I already have a Chevalier in my graveyard, I can move two counters from my Mausoleum to this one."

Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom (1600 ↑ 2400 Atk/1900 Def)

"Finally, I'll activate the continuous spell, Burden of the Mighty.´By this card's effect, all monsters you control lose attack power equal to 100 times their level, cutting your obnoxious little vampire down to size."

Tacey wasn't about to end it with just that, though, Battle Phase. I'll activate Seal Evil once more to prevent any shenanigans on your part, though I'll regain that counter in short order."

Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom (2400 2000 Atk/1900 Def)

"Pikeru, attack Wandering Vampire!" with the simple raising of a scepter, a brilliant burst of light engulfed the Vampire, dissolving it to dust, "A pity you could not fall back on that self-protection effect, isn't it Smith? Royal Chevalier, destroy Wandering Shinobi!"

Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom (2000 ↑ 2400 Atk/1900 Def)

"So, let's have that expected cocky comeback then, shall we?" she asked cynically as the Chevalier effortlessly struck down his smaller foe, leaving the redhead's field bare once more, "Set two cards, turn end."

Hand: 1 card

Monsters: Queen Pikeru (3000 Atk/0 Def), Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom (2400 Atk/1900 Def)
    S/T: Mausoleum of the Royal Family (3 counters), Burden of the Mighty, 2 Spell or Trap (face-down)
    Field: Magical Kingdom (2 Counters)
    Graveyard: Royal Legacy, Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Inquiry, Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom, Spell Power Absorption, Morphing Jar, Princess Pikeru, Queen Curran, Hand Destruction, Rightful Heir, Royal Double

OOC:

Fakie recap.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    High-heeled footsteps echoed through the tiled room as their wearer graced the only other occupant's self confined presence. Breaching the other girl's personal space, a privilege bestowed only on those deemed worthy enough for their loyalty or were otherwise destined to grovel at her feet, her recently recovered assistant proceeded to address the reason behind her sudden intrusion.

Having stood firm in place for over an hour, her gaze glancing over the blanketed city below, the heiress had been lost in thought, contemplating how best to tackle the problems that had arisen during her first meeting as the new CEO of Arma Tech. Specifically, the two issues that were still giving her the most grief were the company's sudden loss of its founders with little to no explanation as demanded from the media and the more prominent threat of the Shadow Duellists that still threatened to hamper the company's credibility during its publicity campaign in the following weeks. Worse yet, it was an inevitable confrontation that would address the company's sudden change in beneficiaries, seeing as how the previous heir had also disappeared only a few weeks prior. Things were becoming troublesome.

"Christina, there are intruders in the building," piped the bespectacled suit, not one for idle banter and getting straight to the point.

Unenthused by the news, the raven-haired child with her hair tied back into a single loose ponytail, simply shrugged the matter off, "Let security deal with them."

"As reported by surveillance, all of the ground floor sentries have become incapacitated. We have yet to determine the culprits' motives but I believe it would be best for you to vacate the premises until they have been contained, to minimise any threat that they may pose to you."

Still unmoved, the heiress continued to watch over the city, taking her time to respond to her subordinate's report, "If they were capable of bypassing security, I doubt they'll be so easily thrown off. No...I'll confront them myself."

Realising her proposed plan had fallen through, Rosa decided to reveal the truth, despite her best intentions to deter the heiress' attention otherwise, "Christina, they're Shadow Duellists. Currently, we do not have the necess-"

"That's irrelevant," came her blunt response, "let them come."

Genuinely surprised by the other girl's answer, she paused for a moment, as if debating whether what she was about to say was really the right thing to do, her reluctance soon leading to her conceding, "We've identified the intruders. The first is Erin McClennen and accompanying her is Michelangelo Arma."

Meanwhile, in Black Forest...​
    Four more intruders had arrived on scene and looked none more accommodating than the three bikers. Of course, it was now the three of them on the outside who were being ambushed, and for the brunette to consider the three of them to now be in very big trouble did little to oppose Haruko's remarkably unconcerned attention. It was an odd moment for Chelsea, since she adored the little girl to pieces and thought her confidence to be yet another moe-inducing quality, but such feelings were conflicting with the actual severity of the situation. Their lives were in danger, but she felt...safe.

Of course, that didn't change the fact that they were still in a spot of trouble and despite her previous relief, she still didn't know what to do or what the suits' motives were. Turning to Kuso, a nervous smile pressing her lips, the brunette probed her teammate in hope of a solution, "K-Kuso, you have a plan right?"

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Kuso grimaced as Haruko latched even tighter onto Chelsea's arm, as if she was leeching out whatever self-awareness that the poor girl had left. "Why did I have to be the one to end up with this?" It was becoming too tiresome to deal with the two of him on his own, and he began to wish that he was not forced to endure this assault by himself.

As if on cue, Kuso had barely finished his thought before he heard two of the others approaching from the side of the clearing. "Oh, hey, you two. We were just..." His sentence drifted off as he faced Achan, or more specifically, what was behind him: three motorcycle riders were some distance behind Tacey & Achan, driving full speed towards them as if with the intention of running over the team. He had barely enough time to shout "WATCH OUT!!" to his two original teammates before he himself was forced to dive out of the way, pushing the two closer members along with him.

...Only for the riders to take a sharp turn just feet away, opting to circle around the farther two duelists instead.

When the engines of the motorcycles had finally died down and Kuso realized that they had avoided being run over, he stood back up and looked over to where the riders had stopped by the others. Two large problems immediately made themselves apparent: first, these three were apparently Shadow Duelists, as they had already formed a barrier to keep Achan and Tacey trapped. Second, as well as more importantly, these people were actually armed with more than playing cards: they were wielding live ammunition. Challenging them to a children's card game was one thing, but pulling a gun on unarmed children to force them into submission? That was overkill to the point of being completely out of character, especially for a group that usually fought for its own interests using a children's card game.

Meanwhile, much to his own frustration and fear, Kuso was stuck watching from the other side of the barrier as two more of his teammates had their lives put in grave danger. Those feelings reached a breaking point as he watched one of these people fire at Achan...only to be replaced with relief and confusion when the shot was blocked by a second energy barrier. Somehow, Judai had created a portal into the barrier, yet...there was something off about it. It looked as though he had just crawled out of darkness to confront them, but that could not be right, could it? Could it actually be that this self-proclaimed "king" had switched sides, or that he had never even been on theirs?

Unfortunately, this was confirmed when he all but identified himself as the one behind this attack. Kuso was immediately stunned. "What...? He betrayed us, too...?" He was angry that he had been betrayed. He was angry that he had actually begun to trust Judai. Most of all, though, he was angry that he was blocked from doing anything about it while the others were forced into a duel against each other.

However, it also gave him an idea: if he could sneak through the barrier as Judai had just done, then maybe there was a way to take those Shadow Duelists down while they were distracted by Tacey and Achan. "…Cyber, do you think that you can do any--"

There was no response. In fact, when Kuso turned to where Cyber had been just a moment ago, there was no sign of it. Instead, four men in black suits had appeared from behind the nearby brush and surrounded them in a rather vague semi-circle, forcing them against the nearby barrier.

"Great, stuck between rocks and a hard place," Kuso gritted out as he took a defensive stance. "If you people are with those other three, then be warned that I already have a bone to pick with you."

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Achan fell back as Tacey, once again, shredded his defenses. "G-Gaaaaaaah!"

Achan (4600-1900= 2700)

Achan fell to his knees, coughing. "Blech- how the hell does a (cough) hologram stir up that much dust?" he complained.

Achan, are you okay?

Fine, but...

But what?

Achan stared at the opposing field. This is bad. Tacey's not going to need Cureru- she'll take us down without her. That Chevalier's got enough power to seal my effects, and I don't have anything in my hand or deck big enough to take on Pikeru- plus, ten bucks says those set cards will just ruin my day anyway. I was careless- Tacey's Miracle Draw gave her just what she needed to beat me. And I'm through.

Aku rolled his eyes. Grow up, idiot.

"Wh- What did you just say!" Achan shouted out loud, turning to stare at his spirit, while Wolfgang and his cronies watched, amused.

You heard me. If you're going to give up that easily, you shouldn't have bothered dueling.

Achan pulled himself to his feet, this time careful to internalize the conversation. But... but I don't have anything left to win! I tossed Mega Flare, so even with Phoenix Down, Muthaba does me no good, and he's the biggest thing I-

Achan paused. Wait, you mean...?

Your ace Achan. Your NEW ace. It's time to summon it.

But I don't have a tuner! Without it I can't-

Achan. I'm a tuner. Trust me, I can do this thing. Make your draw. Go on!

Achan closed his eyes. "Right Tacey. You want a comeback play..."

They flashed open. "You've got one! My turn, draw!"

Achan: 2700
    Hand: 7
    Field: One S/T
    Graveyard: Wandering Healer, Limit Break-Beat Rush, Limit Break-Bestialize, Limit Break-Omnislash, Threatening Roar, First Blade-One Handed Saber, Brain Control, Wandering Beast, Phoenix Down, Limit Break- Mega Flare, Wandering Shinobi, Wandering Vampire, Limit Break- Great Gospel
    RFG: Wandering Dragon-Muthaba, Wandering Beast, Wandering Hero, Wandering Mage, Wandering Rogue

The single card came away in Achan's hand. He grinned. "You may have your Queens to help you, Tacey. And Queens are powerful, sure. So I'm gonna have to go one higher, and summon the greatest of all my monsters- a god. But first, I play a spell you'll recognize."

The burst of flames spouted up in front of Achan as a portal opened in the sky. "I play Phoenix Down, summoning Wandering Dragon- Muthaba from where it's been removed from play!"

The sky burst, and the dragon descended, roaring as it did. Suddenly, though, a great weight seemed to seize it as it crashed heavily to the earth, panting as Tacey's spell drained its power. "Next, Monster Reborn," Achan announced, "Bringing back Wandering Shinobi from the graveyard!"

The shinobi appeared by the Dragon's side, apparently motion-sick from her trip to the grave and back. Achan grinned. "Wandering Dragon's ability. By tributing a Wandering monster, I destroy any card you control. By tributing my Shinobi," He waved a hand as the Shinobi, closing her eyes, dissolved into blue light which the dragon gathered into its mouth, "I can target any of your cards for destruction- for example, Royal Chevalier. Muthaba, go! Mega Flare!"

The burst of blue light cut across the field, and the Chevalier, though valiant, was unable to evade the burst of light that incinerated it. Achan smiled. "Now, why in the hell did I do that, I bet you're wondering? Achan's stupid, but not that stupid. Well, I've got the answer for you, and it comes down to one particular card of mine. Namely..."

Achan rotated a final card in his hand to show Tacey. It depicted a small Kuriboh different from the norm in only two respects- bat-like wings, and devil horns. "I summon Akuma Kuriboh to the field!" Achan declared!

'Bout time I saw some use, Aku couldn't resist commenting as he appeared, wings furled, on Achan's field.

"Yeah, yeah, tell me about it later," Achan commented. "Now... let's show it to her. Aku! Tuning!"

Aku spread his wings, as he began to shine with a brilliant light! Alone, we are weak, and worthless, discarded beings!

Achan grinned. "But together, summoning a being of great strength is possible!"

Together they recited. "Our hearts beat, resonate, become one! Synchro Summon!"

Aku burst into a shower of light, creating three green rings that surrounded Muthaba. The dragon, too, burst into light that condensed into eight stars. One by one, the stars ascended into the sky, forming a single, brilliant mass. Finally, the rings collapsed inwards, and exploded into light.

Achan finished the speech with Aku's assistance. "Wandering Deity!"

The newest Wandering monster was impressive, if nothing else. Human from the waist up, the monster's upper torso was that of a powerful-looking human male with long, silver hair. Where its legs should have been, however, were a set of gigantic wings- actually, the creature had about twelve in total. In addition, a giant black wing replaced the creature's left arm. Achan had to restrain himself from whistling in triumph. "My new ace," he stated off-hand. "Pegasus didn't give you the only new toys on the block. As a god, my Wanderer comes with certain privileges- for example, spells and traps can't touch him.... and...."

Achan pointed at Pikeru. "He can reduce the attack points of a monster he battles to zero by removing a Wanderer in the grave from play. Now, Wandering Deity! Heartless Angel!"

The god grinned, waving his hand. A purple halo appeared above Pikeru's head, and the queen collapsed, totally void of energy.

Achan grinned again. "Deity, attack! Meteor!"

The grinning deity waved his hand again, and suddenly, a burning piece of rock shot from the air towards Pikeru, gathering speed as it moved...

OOC: Fakies and you.

Spoiler:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "HEY! THAT'S OUR LINE!" one of the suits boomed back, clenching his fists at Kuso's threat, "IF YOU ARE WITH THOSE PEOPLE THEN WE HAVE A BONE TO PICK WITH YOU! TRYING TO CONFUSE US WITH MIND TRICKS, ARE YOU?! WELL HOW ABOUT I FLOG YOU UNTIL YOU-"

"Raymond." another one of the suits - this one red-headed - interjected levelly, halting the other's advance, "I think we already went through this with the last group, flog first, ask questions later is not an effective method of gathering accurate intelligence."

"BUT...BUT HE-! THEY! THEY'RE TRYING TO-!" Raymond performed a number of vague hand motions in Kuso's direction, "I MEAN, SUCH IMPUDENCE, CAN I AT LEAST HANG HIM BY HIS THUMBS FROM THAT-"

"No."

"JUST FOR A LITTLE BIT, JUST TO-"

"No."

"CAN I AT LEAST THREATEN TO-"

"I'd rather you didn't." the other suit replied with a weary sigh, "Ewans. How is the barrier at this point?"

The bald suit, this one rather more darker in skin tone that the others, let out an incomprehensible grunt as the barrier promptly repelled his elbow charge, "...same as elsewhere."

"...no weakpoints, then." the suit who seemed to be in charge shook his head once, "Then we have no choice but to press on." he briefly turned to the group, "My apologies for the inconvenience. We are-"

"Neko-Neko-chan's, right?"

The suits paused in almost perfectly coordinated unison as the girl spoke up.

"...Neko-Neko-chan?" the leader suit echoed.

"Oh come on, you know..." Haruko replied, waving her hand vaguely in the direction of the duel within the barrier, "Her who's head doesn't look like a starfish. It's okay." she added reassuringly in Chelsea's and Kuso's direction, "They are working for Neko-Neko-chan." she gave Kuso a patronizing little pat on the head, "No need to be scared, Bibi-Bibi-chan. Now, introductions!" she chirped, clapping her hands as she turned to the nonplused suits, "The scaredy-cat here is Bibi-Bibi-chan, the other one is Ata-Ata-chan, and I," she pointed at herself, "am little Haruharu. And these are..." she beamed at the suits, though it quickly turned into a bothered little frown, "...wait, little Haruharu hasn't named you yet."

"Rufus." the leader suit introduced himself, still seeming confused to say the least, "These are my colleagues; Raymond, Ewans, and-"

"No-no-no!" Haruko interrupted, shaking her head, "Those names are not right for you at all!" she clapped her hands authoritatively, pointing out Rufus, Raymond, Ewans, and the unintroduced suit in turn, "Ichi-Ichi-kun, Ni-Ni-kun, San-San-kun, and Yon-Yon-kun! They are Neko-Neko-chan's bodyguards, and we are Neko-Neko-chan's teammates."

"...pleased...to meet you?" the newly dubbed Ichi-Ichi-kun ventured, "But truly, my name is not-"

"It's a perfect name!" Haruko insisted, folding her arms, "Now, stop being silly, Ichi-Ichi-kun; we're on Neko-Neko-chan's team and you are Neko-Neko-chan's property, so we should be friends!"

"...property?"

"Really, you're so uptight." Haruko sighed, turning her teammates, "You too. Loosen up, Ata-Ata-chan, Bibi-Bibi-chan; say something. It's awkward if little Haruharu has to do all the talking."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"On the contrary, Smith." Tacey replied evenly, doing an admirable job at not looking impressed even by the arrival of her opponent's new, and completely unexpected, lead monster, "I expected you to be stupid enough to do just that."

She afforded herself a satisfied smile as Pikeru emerged from the carnage unscathed, even as her own life point counter plummeted.

"Royal Double's effect." the girl announced, slipping the sole card from her hand into her graveyard slot, "Whenever one of my princesses - or queens, as it were - is threatened by destruction, I can give up a double from my hand or field instead. And of course, it would be a shame not to put such a large amount of damage to good use. Trap card; Royal Retribution! When I receive battle damage from a battle involving a Curran, Pikeru, or Royal monster I can use its effect to summon any Curran, Pikeru, or Royal monster with attack power lower than or equal to that damage from my hand or graveyard and the one I choose...is naturally the one I just discarded. Royal Double."

Royal Double (1200 Atk/1000 Def)

"Honestly." she scoffed, "Five seconds ago you were already ready to give up, and now you think you're going to win just because you got a big monster on the field. You still don't know how to think beyond what's right in front of your nose and that's going to seal your defeat. I'll activate my last set card. Royal Decree! By this effect, all other trap cards are moot." she offered her opponent a brief moment of eye contact, "You know what happens next, don't you? Feel free to thrash away to your heart's content."

Life Points: 1400

Monsters: Queen Pikeru (3000 Atk/0 Def), Royal Double (1200 Atk/1000 Def)
    S/T: Mausoleum of the Royal Family (4 counters), Burden of the Mighty, Royal Decree
    Field: Magical Kingdom (4 Counters)
    Graveyard: Royal Legacy, Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Inquiry, 2x Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom, Spell Power Absorption, Morphing Jar, Princess Pikeru, Queen Curran, Hand Destruction, Rightful Heir, Royal Double, Royal Retribution

OOC:

Royal Retribution
    Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when you receive Battle Damage from a battle involving a "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster. Special Summon 1 "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster with Atk lower than or equal to the amount of damage you received from your Hand or Graveyard.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Achan shook his head. "I'm done thrashing. I can already tell what you're going to do next."

He pointed to Royal Double. "First, that thing copies the Curran you discarded for Hand Destruction. Then you burn me and heal yourself- not that you need to, just for show. After that, you tribute Curran and Pikeru, fusing them via the effect of Magical Kingdom, and they become whatever whatever that ace card of yours is. Then you activate its effect- and by the way, I STILL don't know exactly what it is- and that's game."

Achan grinned again. "But I can handle it. Besides..."

Now I know exactly where to patch up my strategy when we fight for real, in the finals.

Aku floated up beside Achan. I've almost got enough energy.

Achan nodded. Then why are we waiting around?

He nodded. "Well, I guess it's been fun, considering we're being forced to duel at gunpoint. Over to you, Tacey."

Even as Achan said this, he took a good look at her... and pulled up the hood of his sweatshirt to hide the fact that he was blushing, slightly.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Indeed." Tacey replied levelly, not even sparing a glance at her latest acquisition.

Life Points: 1400
    Hand: 1 card

Monsters: Queen Pikeru (3000 Atk/0 Def), Royal Double (1200 Atk/1000 Def)
    S/T: Mausoleum of the Royal Family (4 counters), Burden of the Mighty, Royal Decree
    Field: Magical Kingdom (4 Counters)
    Graveyard: Royal Legacy, Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Inquiry, 2x Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom, Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom, Spell Power Absorption, Morphing Jar, Princess Pikeru, Queen Curran, Hand Destruction, Rightful Heir, Royal Double, Royal Retribution

Granted, it wasn't a tournament finals audience, but even so...she had expected to feel at least some form of gratification at beating the redhead down on a duel field. And yet...

...and yet, the only thing that dejected, embarrassed face hidden within the hood was achieving was making her angry. Disappointed, even. Like she had expected something more of the encounter, which, she supposed, she had in a way.

The rich girl shook her head such ridiculous thoughts. There were only two kinds of duelists: winners and losers. The only thing that a duel was about was confirming that she belonged in the first category and her opponent in the second. Hesitating at a time like this...

"Ridiculous." she muttered to herself, finally turning her attention back to the game, "Royal Double, replicate Queen Curran."

"As predicted." the rich girl continued levelly, "My Double's copied effect inflicts 800 damage to you, and Queen Pikeru's effect increase my life points by 2400."

Tacey's Life Points: 3800

"And now..." she continued promptly, the castle gates opening to admit both queens inside, "I'll give up my double and Queen Pikeru. Fusion Summon," despite her pent-up aggression, she managed a vicious little grin at the thought of what those filthy sturm hunds would be in for if this went as planned, "Cureru, the Grand Matriarch!"

There weren't many good things Tacey was prepared to say about the haughty and self-righteous spirit, but even she had to admit that Cureru knew how to make an entrance. In stark contrast to the thunderous noise of the castle gates slamming wide open and the exorbiant radiance that accompanied her, the matriarch herself was calm and composed. Clad in a simple yet elegant black dress of her own, the design of which brought to mind a decorated judge's robe rather than conventional queen wear, she strode onto the field with an air of absolute authority, head held high and crown and assorted royal regalia carried impeccably, including the scepter in her hand.

The matriarch offered the briefest of glances in the Deity's direction, then wrinkled her nose ever so slightly and poignantly ignored him, offering her summoner a brief nod in confirmation before ignoring her in equal measure, clearly indicating that she considered both largely beneath her notice.

Cureru, the Grand Matriarch (3000 Atk/3000 Def)

"The matriarch's effect." Tacey finished, now narrating more for the benefit of their unwanted spectators than her opponent as Cureru raised her scepter and pointed it at the shirtless deity on the other side of the field, an unnaturally bright ray of light immediately enveloping him in preparation, "Once per turn, I can select any monster you control and turn it face-up. Afer that, two things happen. First," she indicated the faint cloud of golden particles that encircled her, her life point counter immediately responding, "Your monster's defense points are added to my life points. More importantly, however, its attack points are dealt as damage to you. You wanted to see energy, Smith?" she asked rhetorically, as the light above the Wandering Deity intensified to a blinding level of brightness, "Let's end this little charade. Spirit World Law!"

With one, condemning motion of her arm, the matriarch turned her scepter's point downwards, the deity fading from view as brilliant light engulfed the field.

OOC:

Cureru, the Grand Matriarch
    Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect
    Level 12/Light
    3000 Atk/3000 Def

"Queen Curran" + "Queen Pikeru"

While "Magical Kingdom" is on the Field, this card can be Fusion Summoned without using "Polymerization" (You must still send the Fusion Material Monsters from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard). You can treat the Attribute or name of this card as that of either of the Fusion Material Monsters used to summon it, but only 1 at a time. The activation and effects of cards you control can not be negated. Once per turn, you can select 1 Monster your opponent controls. If it is face-down, flip it face-up, ignoring flip effects. Then, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the Atk of that Monster and gain Life Points equal to its Def. On the turn this effect is activated, you can not conduct your Battle Phase.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back