• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Card with misprint?

Days
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Hi all,
    I was just wondering if having a grass type pokemon card like Serperior that is all green but on the top right corner instead of having the grass type logo has a normal type one is something valuable or not?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • The only card I'm aware was ever printed with the wrong type was a Dialga, so what you have is likely fake. Check you card for other errors, like typos and missing accent marks, and compare the fonts to other images of the card. It's also not uncommon for the type and energy orbs on fakes to be highlighted from the wrong side as well, so make sure those are highlighted from the left.

If you're still unsure and you have any way of photographing or scanning the card, feel free to share and we may be able to point out more of the tell tale signs. You can attach it by choosing "Go Advanced" and clicking the paperclip next to the smilies icon.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Thanks for the reply.
    I tried to look for any diferences with a few I've seen online but didn't find anything.
    Attached is an image of the card.

Attachments

• 20230702_171101.jpg
      20230702_171101.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 6
    Years
  • Thanks for the reply.
    I tried to look for any diferences with a few I've seen online but didn't find anything.
    Attached is an image of the card.

With this particular card, the type symbol difference is enough to consider it counterfeit. Also, the pictures online don't show it, but it is supposed to have a vertical stripe holo pattern, and that's another tell that you've got a counterfeit, because this particular Serperior only came in Reverse Holo and regular holo versions, and there's no non-holo variant of this particular Serperior card.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Fonts are a bit wonky too. HP, for example, isn't quite bold enough and there's too much space between the 1 and 3. Flavor text also uses the wrong font (lowercase F, for instance shouldn't have a "tail"). Copyright year is also incorrect.

Last edited:
    Back