• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cards have changed so much!

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
  • Ever since I was a kid I loved collecting Pokemon cards.
    Recently though I've been advertising them on Kijiji to sell them.

This is why:

New Cards:

$_57.JPG

Old Cards:

$_12.JPG

Cards are changing each day! And I bet the chances of getting a good card is very slim now.

Years
  • I haven't been keeping up with the TCG over the past years (or at least played it), but I have learned things of the EX cards and all these new Trainer cards, so it is cool how things have changed.

Years
  • Cards are changing each day! And I bet the chances of getting a good card is very slim now.

Not really slimmer odds than before. You're guaranteed at least a rare in every pack for the English language cards due to complaints made during the initial craze about it basically amounting to targeting gambling at children when rares were not guaranteed in every pack.

There has been power creep and additional rarities added. Secret rares like EXs and full arts are not guaranteed to be great cards, either. Some of them are total crap for their rarity and are only worth anything because of their rarity or the Pokemon featured on them.

And I'm not really seeing what your point is with the new cards vs the old cards. Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Personally, I like the newer ones better. Nostalgia is fun and all, but when it comes to trading cards, I like full arts and shiny things (so basically foil Zendikar lands in MTG were my most favorite thing ever for a short while until Pokemon introduced LEGEND Pokemon and got some colorful full arts of their own).

Back