• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Carrier has arrived!

Years
  • First of all, kudos to whoever knows what game the title is from. xD

So, yeah. Hey everyone! My name is Jason, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the PokeCommunity! I heard about this place after a battle on ShoddyBattle (with a user, ModaMurderer, who's username here seems to be invisible) and I decided that I would sign up and try to help out with what seems to be an already amazing site, while gaining some of my own knowledge in the process.

Aaand, yeah! So, about me. I've played Pokémon games since the day Red and Blue came out. Loved it with my life until Gold and Silver, but we seemed to part our ways when the third generation came around. Years later when I heard news about Diamond and Pearl, I quickly decided to get back into it, competatively this time, and imported a Japanese Pearl over before the U.S. release date. Played through that, bought Diamond the day of release in the U.S., and I'm currently playing through an imported Platinum.

In terms of Pokémon, I'm a sage. In terms of competatively battling Pokémon, though, I'm more of a grasshopper. An adult grasshopper, but a grasshopper nonetheless. And thus ends my ridiculously long and drawn out introduction with no meaning. I look forward to being a part of your community! :)

-Jason

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Welcome to PC Jason! (I guess I don't get any Kudos...)

I rather enjoyed your intro! Very detailed...that's what we like to see ^_^

You sound like quite the fan of pokemon! I'm sure you'll find plenty of those around The PokeCommunity! I was also recharged by the release of Diamond and Pearl...they are quite entertaining. ^_^

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find PC to be a wonderful place to spend a bit of time. If you're into Shoddy Battling, you'll definitely want to check out our newly established Shoddy Lounge which is locating within the Strategies and Movesets forum. I spend a good deal of time there myself =P

Anyway, I'll probably see you around. Drop me a PM/Vm if you want to chat, and have fun!

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Oh, but we like long introductions!
    (A good excuse for us to make our welcomes long! xD)

Welcome to the Pokécommunity, Grasshopper Carrier!
    I'm sure nobody is going to consider you a grasshopper when it comes to competitive battling after spending a little time here! Check out the Shoddy Lounge sub-forum Strategies and Movesets section if you haven't already done so. I guarantee there will be some good reading there. ;D

Ah, well it's always great to meet a veteran from the days of old. I too have been playing Pokémon since the time of Red and Blue, however, I do believe I have stayed a fan throughout the series.
    (Though, you're right, the third generation wasn't that exciting. xD)

Well, I do hope you will make your knowledge as a Pokésage of good use! There are quite a myriad of sections for you to share your wisdom in. I'm sure we would all love it if you were to participate in some of the awesome discussions we have posted around!

I suppose I will be seeing you around the boards, eh?
    Cheers.

Years
  • Wow, what a warm welcome! xD It's almost palpable.

@Beware of Dark Lugia: But Jason is in a pretty cool guy and eh doesn't afraid of anything. D: (Oh, and I already read the rules, believe it or not!)

@Aurafire: Why thank you! I will definitely do what I can to become an active, supporting member of "PC".

@Hiidoran: Heh, small text doesn't fool me! :P I understand though; being a mod on forums in the past, it gets rather annoying when people's welcomes are just a "Hello." with seemingly no interest in applying themselves.

Sooo yeah. Thanks again for the amazing welcome. :) All the more incentive to want to be a part of the community.

Flex-Mon

The Key is in here <3...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Hey Jason, You seem like a really cool person that loves pokemon and thats what we all love on this fourm. Names Dimitry Hit PM me if you need someone thats new to on this fourm to talk to and welcome to PC. ^_^

Years
  • Thanks again everyone! :)

Also, a little about myself:
    I am 18, a Senior in high school. I live in Florida.

Currently I'm living in high hopes of attending the University of Florida to study Engineering, or possibly the University of North Florida and get a degree in Deaf education. I am doing a lot in American Sign Language, and aspire to retain the language for life, however possible.

Alongside school I work part-time at Chick-Fil-A. It's terrible, it's fast food. But it pays, so meh. And that's where I'm headed now; work.

More useless information. xD So I'll end it there. Amazing welcome party!

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Hello, Carrier/Jason

Welcome to PC, and yeah, long intros are the coolest, so snaps (which is my other word for yays!) to you for bothering to write the whole intro thing, and to prove that long intros are the coolest, I'll write a long welcome (long for me, anyways, as I don't often have much to say on welcomes). And who says your intro has no meaning? Everything has a meaning, or it wouldn't be something? (That really does have no meaning, though =D) Oh, well, anyway, I like playing Diamond too, awesome game, though Bidoofs are darn annoying. I guess the third generation wasn't that awesome, but it still was a way to waste my time when I was bored. (That's 40 or so hours of my life I'll never get back T_T)

Oh my gosh, you added more information, snaps to you again! (By the way, that info was not useless, its helping me write a better welcome.)

Florida rocks, I went there for a week last year, big deal, right? The climate's nice, though I don't think I could live there. Fast food, bleah. Hate it personally, it tastes so...weird. Am I getting off topic? Yeah, I guess I am. Never ate at Chick-Fil-A before though, is it exclusive to your area or something? 'Cause that name's new to me, or maybe I just don't notice enough things.

Okay, I'm going to wrap this up about now, because I'm not even supposed to be on PC at the moment, in fact, I've got to get off soon before my mom catches me (I'm supposed to be playing violin and I'll get yelled at like I've never got yelled at before -jk-)

Anyway, it was very interesting reading your intro, hopefully I'll be seeing your around, and I'm glad you decided to join the Community, remember to read the Rules and Frequently Asked Questions, they'll tell you all you need to know. I'll leave the rest to all these people who actually know how to write decent welcomes now, shall I? Arrgh! This is insanely long for me, well, anyway, welcome to PC, and I'll see you around.

-Slyther

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
    Years
  • Welcome to PC Carrier!

Don't worry about the long introduction many of us like these little details.

I am glad to meet someone who has been playing pokemon as long as me (probally longer considering i started when i was 3 with pokemon red after 2 years from the official release date so thats 11 out of the 13 years pokemon has been in existence.)

Im sure you will fit right in here and make lots (and lots and lots and...well you get the picture) of freinds.

Well anyway see you around and once again welcome.

*cough starcraft cough*

Years
  • @Slyther: Wow, just wow. Lol. I thought I was the only one who enjoyed people writing lengthy paragraphs. Glad to see there are others.
    So yeah, Florida. I've lived here all my life. Weather is pretty much hot during the winter, and hotter during the summer. Not much variation. Hurricanes keep you on the edge of your seat though. :P
    Chick-Fil-A is mostly the southeastern U.S. region, so if you live... anywhere else... you probably won't know it.
    Violin is pretty amazing. Talent ra' thurr. In the free time that I have had over the past couple years I decided to broaden my opportunities in life, so I decided to teach myself Japanese 2 summers ago and I taught myself to play the piano this past summer.
    So yeah, you're on, but nice to meet you! Lol.

@Dragon_Souther: It's an amazing yet depressing feat, knowing we've wasted away more than half of our lives on Pokémon. Lol. But it's well worth it, in my opinion.
    And of course, kudos to you! "Carrier has arrived!" is from Starcraft. :D

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Oh, well then! We have a few things in common!

Veteran of Pokemon, "Grasshopper" at competetive battling, and we live in Florida!

anyway, enjoy your stay here!

Back