• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch them all challenge

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Weird, there wasn't one of these already, anyways, REDSABERS catch 'em all challenge, forgive me if there is one somewhere

CAN U CATCH THEM ALL???

This challenge is based on if you can catch the majority of the 493 pokemon, Obviosly, pokemon like mew will be hard to get, so skip it and try for another pokemon.

Rules​
    you must have a gen 4 game to have as the pool of pokemon
    You may use any game that can trade or migrate to your game
    Have fun, duh
    Update often
    Take shots of your box if you manage to collect the majority!
    Trading is allowed
    Order your boxes, from 1 to 493 leave open spaces where pokemon go, it will help
    Your pokedex is your bible for this challenge, use it to your advantage
    THIS IS NOT SEEING OR HAVING ALL IN YOUR DEX, THIS IS HAVING EACH AND EVERY POKEMON IN YOUR BOX EXCLUDING EVENTS, IF YOU HAVE EVENTS CONGRATS

CHALLENGERS
    Spoiler:

Completed challenges
    Myrrman!!!!!!!!

Yes I'm entering, And you should too! Feel free to ask questions

I'm still working on mine, I hope to get my list in by next weekend :p

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I'm going to go ahead and sign up for this, although I'll mainly be using my Platinum game, and I'm busy with a challenge atm. But as soon as that's done, I'll be updating.

Last edited:

Kid Ghandi

Ninja Squirtle
    Years
    I would like to join
    I'm using Pokemon Platinum
    What i've done:
    -Started Game
    -Passed intro
    -Chose Turtwig as starter
    -Battled rival and won
    -saved game at Twin Leaf town

Pokemon:
    Turtwig not yet named (Female) LVL 6 Knows Tackle, Withdraw

Years
    I might have a go at this, but can I join if I've already defeated the Elite Four and that or not? If not then I'll just restart my Platinum game.
    -----------------------------------
    LAST EDIT(4/7/10):
    What I've done so far:
    Defeated Lance etc.
    Got 7 badges in Kanto.

Pokedex (I will update when I've caught about 10 or so more.)
    Spoiler:

* are the ones that I've caught.

Current Pokedex Count: 51 caught

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Same as above. Plus, I've also captured like 414 pokemon. XD It'll also take me awhile to capture pokemon that I don't already have. =3 Just to warn you.

Years
    Sorry about posting twice, but I didn't know if I should edit my post, or just do a new post for my entry form.
    Anyway, I'm going to enter using my HeartGold, as I've only caught around 50-55 on there.
    Entry Form:
    Game Name: Chloe
    Game: HeartGold.

So far I'm just about to challenge Blue in Kanto.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    K alphabet soup, we haven't actually gotten very many updates on here... However I've gone catching crazy, can't update right now tho... I have gotten a lot cuz I need them for competitive battle XD

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Should we make a new post when we win? Becoz:
    Catch them all challenge

Is this good enough?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    can we use cheats like the azure flute? y'know, the event items that are the only way to catch pokemon like arceus and Darkrai?

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    No, it all has to be legit, but events kinda don't count... And if you did get the event, congrats.

Also people will trade a legit arceus on PCs wifi section, but events ARE NOT required

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does it count if I got a Living Pokedex prior to seeing this thread? I've had it for a while. I just need to set up a way to take pictures of my DS...

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    No, it all has to be legit, but events kinda don't count... And if you did get the event, congrats.

Also people will trade a legit arceus on PCs wifi section, but events ARE NOT required

Alright, thanks, I'll join later, once I get another copy of Platinum (just sold something on ebay so I have the money now)

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I come back with a video!

All Pokemon obtained legit besides legends. Legend story goes...
    I got into Pokemon again like a year ago. I bought diamond, beat it, and then wanted to buy pearl. So I bought it from Gamestop, used. There were a bunch of legendary Pokemon on it, including all events. So, I kept them. I traded them to this game just so I could actually complete the box system instead of not really but still counting.

No challenge is too hard for myrrhman.

Bah! The only challenge I can't beat is posting video as youtube video.. this will have to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewa55QTStvs

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    READ THE FIRST POST
    Pokedex have crap, you must have the pokemon in your BOXES as poked say that you have pokemon you traded, NO DEX YOU MUST SHOW ME THE BOXES OF POKEMON
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Living_Pokédex

How does it not meet all your conditions? I was thinking that was exactly what you were talking about. Or did you just not know what a Living Pokedex was?

Plus, I love how you ignored my question.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh XD, never knew that term, and CONGRATS MYRRHMAN FOR COMPLETED PROJECT! However your legends may not be legit XD
    Every Pokemon I own is legit. I know this because all my Pokemon are from my own carts (well, there are a couple exceptions, such as my German Piplup and Japanese Chimchar). All my legendaries are from my own games.

I actually don't have every Pokemon, I have 489, which is enough to complete the Dex, but I'm missing Darkrai, Manaphy, Celebi, and Deoxys.

As for all my legendaries... Mew is from Pokemon Ranch. I have six Jirachi, two from the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc, and four from the giveaway recently, and I could get more from the bonus disc, I just haven't. My Phione is from Pokemon Ranch. My Shaymin was from a giveaway a while back for Platinum. And I have two Toys R Us Arceus.

Besides that, I don't even own anything to hack games...

Back