• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catching discussion

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Well, people usually discuss their teams and moves for battling and such so I was wondering, what would be your perfect team or only pokemon or even just the moves to proceed as we were all instructed in the beginning of each game to weaken and catch pokemon. I for one love using False Swipe, since I always have a Scyther in each game. Apart from that I used to have a Noctolw in the 2º generation games with Hipnosis and Mean Look that helped me get the Legendary dogs.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I always tell myself I'll use falseswipe but I don't. For the most part I just throw a quick ball straight off n hope for the best. Other than that, use a pokemon with a move that's not very effective, a status inflictor or a pokemon with say a high special stat but a physical attack.. For the most part though I just use a "sure we'll use this attack and hope for the best!" approach :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'd probably go with Smeargle (Spore, False Swipe, Mean Look, Recover). If you're looking to catch any Pokemon, including roamers, I think Smeargle covers them all. Should probably go Lv. 100 though since it's particularly frail (hence Recover).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • At the beginning I use status moves like poison, burn, or paralysis if possible in order to weaken the Pokemon a little further. Then when Quick Balls are on sale I buy a crapload of them and use them to catch Pokemon if I get lucky. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Have to agree with Flush'd; Smeargle would be the best option. d: Breloom would be a good choice as well. It may not have access to any trapping moves like Mean Look or Spider Web, but it does know how to use Spore and False Swipe. Plus, if it has the Poison Heal ability, then you could make it hold Toxic Orb. Poison Heal has the same effect as Leftovers, but it recovers more of your HP. Your Pokémon have to be inflicted with poison first, though, which Toxic Orb should be able to take care of. Mew would also be a good pick. Just like Smeargle, it's able to learn almost all moves in existence, including Thunder Wave, Spider Wave, False Swipe, etc. etc. The only thing bad about Mew is that it's quite hard to obtain—it's extremely rare. If you ever manage to get a hold of it, though, then nothing would ever be able to stop you. (: Mew's got very decent defensive stats, so when you get into a battle with it, it would be enduring countless amount of attacks for you.

Back