• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cause I can't sing or dance

marcc5m

what
Years
My stuff.

Maps
Oldest to newest:
Spoiler:

Sprites
Sprites from old to new:
Spoiler:

Tiles
Tiles from old to new:
Spoiler:

That's all. Click images for credits.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
These look good!
Was the spoiler thing really nessacary -_-''
and booshu reminds me of pikachu.

And i've seen hammerhorn in your hacks alot x3

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
There are some Pokemon that needs some work, I don't really like Boovet and Rojay as much, it needs more design, as well as to smoothen it out, however there are some that I like, Cloakoon and Hamahorn are obviously well thought of, and the shading of them is also not bad! I liked those, Driblick looks like it has sludge on it's toungue, and Booshu looks like a Pikachu clone, Shellter also needs a different shell, it has a huge body with a small shell, Monana's Concept is good, however, there are some still spots, and needs to be smoothen out, all and all these concepts are GREAT ^ ^ however, there are some Pokemon that need some design changing

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
you have grass fighting and water rock, but you need to make fire flying now. it completes a full cycle of types. Fighting>Rock>Flying> Fighting/Grass>Water>Fire>Grass

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
cant wait to see how shelltar turns out!, a lot of your fakes needs some AAing and shading touch ups, but so far the dex is looking awesome :D

marcc5m

what
Years
These look good!
Was the spoiler thing really nessacary -_-''
and booshu reminds me of pikachu.

And i've seen Hamahorn in your hacks alot x3

Thanks.
It's a Pikachu clone. :P
Hamahorn was in one hack you silly billy.

There are some Pokemon that needs some work, I don't really like Boovet and Robay as much, it needs more design, as well as to smoothen it out, however there are some that I like, Cloakoon and Hamahorn are obviously well thought of, and the shading of them is also not bad! I liked those, Driblick looks like it has sludge on it's toungue, and Booshu looks like a Pikachu clone, Shellter also needs a different shell, it has a huge body with a small shell, Monana's Concept is good, however, there are some still spots, and needs to be smoothen out, all and all these concepts are GREAT ^ ^ however, there are some Pokemon that need some design changing

You already told me this on msn :P
It's oil, it's based on a baby that licks oil from lamps. The idea is that the oil reacts with a chemical in its saliva, which helps it grow.
It's the actual snail part I'm concerned about...xD
Monana and Soupato were done ages ago, in a different style. They are being redone. :)

you have grass fighting and water rock, but you need to make fire flying now. it completes a full cycle of types. Fighting>Rock>Flying> Fighting/Grass>Water>Fire>Grass

I could do that, but the fire starter has to be a chinese zodiac animal. :P

cant wait to see how sShellter turns out!, a lot of your fakes needs some AAing and shading touch ups, but so far the dex is looking awesome :D

Thanks. :)

It's looking really good, keep up the good work. :)

Thanks. :)

Click it. :)

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
It's a pumpkin, so it'll be a fire Grass if you evolve it, so it'll have Guts as an ability as well?

Years

Click it. :)

It's not bad but the two major problems is the dull expression of its eyes, after looking at its description of looking for Pokémon to play with, I think it should have a more playful or innocent expression. Here's my edit on the eyes and mouth.

egq1s9.png

The stub on the top should be spread out as well;it looks like the points pause around the back. The selective outlining is superb though, matches the B/W style quite easily.

Somni

Robot Assassin
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
really like your ghost one and your baby lickitung!

marcc5m

what
Years
Time to bring this thread...
B|
Back from the dead.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

deadly_flatulence_by_altariaking-d48f2dg.png

I'll be editing the first post with tons o' fun later today.
Oh and the Gastly isn't public but if you really want to use PM me.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Now then, let's get to work:

• SHELLTER
    • Mostly fine, but the shell needs some more detail. Like a few curves or something.
  • ERSECT
    • Very good, perhaps a little less rectified.
  • CLOAKOON
    • That's a very creative...cabbage. But as far as spriting goes it's all right.
  • BOOVET
    • It's well-sprited as it stands, but because it looks so...empty and featureless, there's a lot of room for improvement.
  • HAMAHORN
    • The main issue here is the eyes. You could make them more intense, more colorful or bigger, but as it is I get the impression that it's trying to do something nasty xD
  • SOUPATO
    • This doesn't look like a pokemon to me at all...anyway. The legs need some sorting (they're not exactly well-placed), and the soup...it makes it look too blobby. Maybe if it wasn't full, but had some space...
  • VAMBAT
    • There are some slight issues with the shading here...you could make it less blurry and interesting by playing around with the hues.
  • MONANA (no comment)
  • DRIBLICK
    • This looks like a chibi (small) version of Lickitung with dirt in its mouth lol. The sprite is fine, but it's just the concept that needs improvement.
  • BOLDENCE
    • Hoho, meet walky rocky pants It looks very 2-D to me. Add some shading and depth to it. And the eyes...why are they crossed?
  • BOOSHU
    • I...I can't bring out a comment for this. Pikachu got a tan?
  • ROBAY
    • Probably your best sprite, it looks SO WELL MADE. Apart from being a bit plain, it's really close to canon. Congratulations.
That's about it. The names you come up with are pretty funny, too.

I could make an evo for VAMBAT if you'd like me to, I have something cool in mind.

marcc5m

what
Years
Now then, let's get to work:

• SHELLTER
    • Mostly fine, but the shell needs some more detail. Like a few curves or something.
  • ERSECT
    • Very good, perhaps a little less rectified.
  • CLOAKOON
    • That's a very creative...cabbage. But as far as spriting goes it's all right.
  • BOOVET
    • It's well-sprited as it stands, but because it looks so...empty and featureless, there's a lot of room for improvement.
  • HAMAHORN
    • The main issue here is the eyes. You could make them more intense, more colorful or bigger, but as it is I get the impression that it's trying to do something nasty xD
  • SOUPATO
    • This doesn't look like a pokemon to me at all...anyway. The legs need some sorting (they're not exactly well-placed), and the soup...it makes it look too blobby. Maybe if it wasn't full, but had some space...
  • VAMBAT
    • There are some slight issues with the shading here...you could make it less blurry and interesting by playing around with the hues.
  • MONANA (no comment)
  • DRIBLICK
    • This looks like a chibi (small) version of Lickitung with dirt in its mouth lol. The sprite is fine, but it's just the concept that needs improvement.
  • BOLDENCE
    • Hoho, meet walky rocky pants It looks very 2-D to me. Add some shading and depth to it. And the eyes...why are they crossed?
  • BOOSHU
    • I...I can't bring out a comment for this. Pikachu got a tan?
  • ROBAY
    • Probably your best sprite, it looks SO WELL MADE. Apart from being a bit plain, it's really close to canon. Congratulations.
That's about it. The names you come up with are pretty funny, too.

I could make an evo for VAMBAT if you'd like me to, I have something cool in mind.

CRIT!
*Does happy dance*

I really don't like Shellter. It honestly just doesn't feel like a starter to me, so I'll be remaking it or scrapping it.

Rectified?

Lol it's a leaf pile :P

I redid it a while ago but I'm too lazy to add it to the OP, even with this edit.

All right, I'll try and fix the eyes.

Soupato is being completely redone. It was originally done for a hack so it was in 3rd gen style. Not only the sprite, but also the design will be redone.

I still don't know what hue means D:

No reply.

It's oil xD
It's based on a baby that licks oil from lamps. The idea is that the oil it licks contains a chemical which reacts with another chemical in its tongue and helps it to grow. Also...don't all babies look like smaller versions of their evos? xD

See first post :P

Booshu...I don't like Booshu.

I edited it a bit, see first post.

It has an evo already, but if you can make a better one, go ahead :D

Massive update! See first post.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Looking forward to seein the completed fakedex. ^^
Altho i might suggest that you resprite Embeno as imo the fire looks like it was done in 1 min and the overall design is plain.
I'm not sure what it is but considering its typing, I geuss its a berry with a beak on?

Leechle should also be worked on as it looks like a bent cone. Again the design is too simple so I suggest a redesign or something. :)

Bilaterus

ToBe Best Spriter ;)
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Wow I really like the cave map and your tile sets are really good! Have you taken them from black and white? Wherever there from even the ones from the other maps are really good too, obviously layout wise. Although I think for for caves and mountains if you didn't pillow so much (I know in one map you said they were a bit messed but I mean the cave one and some other ones) it might look a bit more realistic.

Great job though altogether :)

marcc5m

what
Years
Looking forward to seein the completed fakedex. ^^
Altho i might suggest that you resprite Embeno as imo the fire looks like it was done in 1 min and the overall design is plain.
I'm not sure what it is but considering its typing, I geuss its a berry with a beak on?

Leechle should also be worked on as it looks like a bent cone. Again the design is too simple so I suggest a redesign or something. :)

It's a chilli xD
But yeah it's getting redone.

Leechle too.

Wow I really like the cave map and your tile sets are really good! Have you taken them from black and white? Wherever there from even the ones from the other maps are really good too, obviously layout wise. Although I think for for caves and mountains if you didn't pillow so much (I know in one map you said they were a bit messed but I mean the cave one and some other ones) it might look a bit more realistic.

Great job though altogether :)

Thanks.
Pillow out?

Purrloin.png

Soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur.
Sleepy kitty happy kitty purr purr purr.

Back