• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CBC's Tutoring Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoblivinator

1337 Poisons
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Apr 30, 2022
Signing up as a student.

Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: TheOblivinator

Timezone: USA Central

What do you feel you need to work on the most? Analyzing my team and other teams weaknesses to help me win the match. I really want to make my Toxic Spike stall team better.

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I have school and work from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday-Friday, and I work Sunday mornings. I am best reached during the evening or all day Saturdays.

Thank you.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011

Well I don't think that other guy specified his time and such in Vrai's blog. So we don't know anything, along with them not putting what they're signing up for.

Actually my question wasn't rhetorical, I was genuinely asking if you needed to use the form to sign up for group classes.

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Ragnia21
Timezone: PST +1
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Pokemon Related: Team Building, prediction, analysing the opponent's team. Not Pokemon Related: Grammar and my dislike of any pants that are not shorts.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? It's summer so I'm available everyday. I leave on the 27th for a vacation and I don't get back til the 12t

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
I almost have no part in this but as I'm aware, you can post your time zone (and schedule) so the classes can be held to everyone's best interest. You don't have to answer about what you need to work on, etc. Of course, if you're going to the group classes instead of 1-on-1 then you don't really have to do anything; just show up to class, just be aware that it might not be at an optimal time if you didn't specify or whatever.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Actually my question wasn't rhetorical, I was genuinely asking if you needed to use the form to sign up for group classes.
no, you don't have to fill out an application to sign up for classes. :) the only thing we would like to know is your timezone and when you're available. we don't really need that either, we just want to make sure that majority of the users can join the classes. edit: made it more clear in the first post about this.

also, to everyone who is requesting the class date, i will be posting it shortly once a tutor of ours replies to see if he's able to come!

Last edited:
Years
Very interested!

Student
PC Pokémon Online Server Username
: Shadowblade
Timezone: Eastern (UTC -5:00)
What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Everything, especially team building
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Available Monday - Saturday in the afternoon; mostly around 2:30 pm

Last edited:

DavidBarnes

Forever young.
Years
I don't see why you need to work on these the most... I mean, Ev's and Iv's are really easy on PO. On PO, it's set to 31/31/31/31/31/31, the only time it's changed is when you set a Hidden Power, which are automatically set to the Hidden Power's spread. Ev's are easy as well, just type in what Ev's you want on your Pokemon. If it's not this, please could you elaborate on what you mean?

Well you know, just the process of working on them just really doesn't not compute with me.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Well you know, just the process of working on them just really doesn't not compute with me.

We will be covering EVs and IVs in the classroom teachings, I think what Dragon is getting at is the fact that learning EVs and IVs doesn't warrant a one-on-one month-long tutor session. It can quickly and easily be covered in about 10 or 15 minutes during the classroom lessons. :]

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
When is the deadline? =)
I just had to ask. ^^

There is no deadline if you're talking about signing up for classes. As long as your realize that there are classes there before they actually happen, then you can show up and participate. :3;

If you're talking one-on-one tutoring, then it's more of a "are there even any more open slots" thing. ;-; Or if you're just talking about when this is all going to start, Wolflare is going to post it soon, so just wait until he comes along. :)

Jesspke

Passerby~
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
Ummm:

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Jesspke
Timezone: North-West Europe (Guessing, never figured out, England, to be sure)
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Move sets, deffinatly.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?: I'm gone wednesday nights, sometimes not, but most of the time. Some other nights I might hang out with other people. Will tell when.

Hope this works out well :)

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years

There is no deadline if you're talking about signing up for classes. As long as your realize that there are classes there before they actually happen, then you can show up and participate. :3;

If you're talking one-on-one tutoring, then it's more of a "are there even any more open slots" thing. ;-; Or if you're just talking about when this is all going to start, Wolflare is going to post it soon, so just wait until he comes along. :)

That's it! Thank you (^.^)

Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 28, 2011

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Mychael
Timezone: Central -5:00
What do you feel you need to work on the most: EVs, IVs, and building a good team
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule: none

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Didn't Smogon already do this?
then i could say "didn't serebii already make a pokemon forum, why do the others exist?", or "doesn't smogon have tournaments already, why have a battle forum?". also, smogon hasn't done classes before anyway, other than the seminar which isn't the same.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
If your into competitive battling to put it bluntly you will find smogon a much better site. however, i stick around here because it has a much more friendly atmosphere. And of course is at the for front of rom hacking.

Yeah, I notice that you are indeed contributing to this friendly atmosphere.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Didn't Smogon already do this?

No. We're doing something different, and yes, we used their class that they held on IRC as a model for what we planned to do here. It's the same topic of discussion but we're doing it with a different spin, something more inclined to newer players and hopefully simply just getting more people interested in battling in general. We aren't trying to emulate Smogon in any way - we are our own forum and the way we do things will not be the same as anyone else. We're simply trying to bolster our own activity while being a welcoming environment to battling at the same time. Smogon's session was simply for dedicated players who already had knowledge of how to battle, who already were interested in becoming better battlers, and who already had figured out why it's fun to battle. If you haven't noticed we're really at a lack of those sorts of people and we're trying to get more people to join and see that it is actually something fun and not just something that snobbish jerks do in their free time. If you're uninterested simply because "Smogon already did this" then that's cool, no one's forcing you to participate.

then i could say "didn't serebii already make a pokemon forum, why do the others exist?", or "doesn't smogon have tournaments already, why have a battle forum?". also, smogon hasn't done classes before anyway, other than the seminar which isn't the same.

^ I don't have anything else to amend to that statement.

If your into competitive battling to put it bluntly you will find smogon a much better site. however, i stick around here because it has a much more friendly atmosphere. And of course is at the for front of rom hacking.

People's preferences vary. I like this place much much much more than Smogon. I think that while I can find more continuous, logical, and constant battling discussions there I greatly prefer this site at any rate. Smogon's a valuable resource, sure, but you cannot simply say that Smogon is a better site, atmosphere, etc., because it's really impossible to compare the two things. And ROM Hacking is unrelated to any of this so idk why you brought it up lol. ;/

Yeah, I notice that you are indeed contributing to this friendly atmosphere.

I love contributions to our atmosphere.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username:Greatness
Timezone:EST
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Teambuilding and Prediction

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? My work sch fluctuates but I am out of school now :P

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
Tutors

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Kevin Garrett
Timezone: GMT -5:00
What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? Everything
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? No

Edit: This is only for the class.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
I would love to do the class. Anytime should really be good for me!

A message of some kind to let me know when the class is would be much appreciated. That way I can adjust my schedule accordingly :) THANKS!

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: FreakyLocz14
Timezone: Pacific
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Pretty much everything.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? My schedule is pretty flexible since school is out, but a courtesy message would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back