• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CBC's Tutoring Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Signing up as tutor again. Somehow last confidence the last day but I'm OK now.

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Spineco/Spino/Spiny
Timezone: UTC +3 (or GMT +3 i dunno)
What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? Team building and synergy.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? No so far.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I'll try my best. :>

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
I'm going to be gone for huge chunks of the summer, otherwise I would apply for a tutor spot. I'll drop in and help with classes though and if there's a latecomer that's interested in being a student (say beginning of August when I return), I'd be more than willing to tutor them one-on-one.

grodkorv

i like trains..
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
I actually think that i will apply as a student!
It really looks like a lot of fun :3

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Consone
Timezone: GMT +1 (UTC +2)
What do you feel you need to work on the most? synergy, team building and prediction!
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? summerbreak is about to start now, so no.. not that i know of atm!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I don't know why I only thought of this just now but if you do plan on participating in the classes and not just the one-on-one tutoring, we would very much like to know your timezone at the very least and the times you are available, so that we might better select the time for the classes. AFAIK these people who have already posted are interested in having the one-on-one stuff; so please, if you're going to go to the classes, do mention the times you're available so we can pick out a good time for the class. If you're uncomfortable posting that information you can PM it to Wolf or myself - and if you're uncomfortable with that, you don't have to, but you also risk the class being in a bad timeframe for you so yeah.

Reading over the OP, yeah, it's mentioned, but I feel like I should bring it up again since literally everyone so far has indicated interest in the one-on-one stuff; if you want to be a part of the classes, we'd really really like to know the times you're available. :)

Years
:D Might as well.

PC Pokémon Online Server Username:
Gino Weinberg

Timezone: UTC -4, so It's 11:45 AM IDEK

What do you feel you need to work on the most? Most likely team building, once I get a good synergistic team I'm usually pretty good. Maybe memorizing the less obvious speed tiers.

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Usually I'm at work Tues/Sun. My availability is usually in the mornings and evenings, but next week I'm booked. (June 20th-25rd) due to Vacation.

Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself?

Hiii Vrai

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Amore1994 (I'm not actually on the server yet, but Amore's been taken so I have to use that on everywhere else)

Timezone: GMT

What do you feel you need to work on the most? Well, all the changes from Gen V. Team building, and a little bit of everything else wouldn't help - my prediction's not bad, but it'll be worse transitioning from Gen IV to Gen V.

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Well, I'm finished school from 1st July onwards, but looking to get a job, so I could imagine the only day I will be reliably available will be Sunday. May change once I get a job.

Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself?
Umm...hi guys, I'm back...again :P

EternalLoathing

Challenge Stalker
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
is registering stil opened?

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Reborn / Dracon Ometeor
Timezone: -3
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Iv Training
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'll be unavailable between 7:00 to 13:)),and soemtimes 17:30 to 20:00 (GMT-3)

Years
is registering stil opened?

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Reborn / Dracon Ometeor
Timezone: -3
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Iv Training
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'll be unavailable between 7:00 to 13:)),and soemtimes 17:30 to 20:00 (GMT-3)

OMG Finally! 8D /signs.

Going for tutor this time around! :3

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Dracon Ometeor / Afternoon Delight / Rarity
Timezone: GMT +1
What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? Synergy and Prediction, although Team Building is kinda above average. (:
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? lol work? I'm at school Mon-Fri and I'm there from like 8:30 - 15:30 I'll specify any other time off and junk.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I got into competitive battling a lot more when Gen V came out, so I guess Gen V is also a strong point for me. :3

Wait, so you two are different people? Odd coincidence with the server aliases there.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Timezone stands at UTC-8. I'll probably just pitch in with the classes and help out the newer players. The tournaments I'll participate in too (there needs to be Ubers, srsly). I could be like the last boss or something.

we'd branch out into other tiers if we could but it might be trying to put too much pressure on the new players, forcing them to try and figure out two metagames at once

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
SIGN ME UP!!! im eastern timezone, my PO name is probably gunna be cbd98, and im available most nights after 9 until like 10 or 10:30. also once i get good i could sign up as a tutor since i like helping out others when ive been helped, i just like paying it foward.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
haha That was more self-interest than anything. Maybe it can be a "for fun" kinda thing. But you're right OU should be enough for now.

haha yeah. once we get past this first class or two then we can probably consider more variety with the tournaments but the interest isn't that big yet. :)

SIGN ME UP!!! im eastern timezone, my PO name is probably gunna be cbd98, and im available most nights after 9 until like 10 or 10:30. also once i get good i could sign up as a tutor since i like helping out others when ive been helped, i just like paying it foward.

that'd be great. :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Valkyrie
Timezone: Eastern UTC -4
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Team Building Basics, especially synergy+cores, and Battling Strategy, especially prediction+focus throughout the battle.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm out Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 to 8 pm. I always have coursework due online on random days so my free-time varies. I don't wake up early. Prime time is the weekend.

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
HEY I'M A BEGINNER

One-on-one:
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: BlackIce
Timezone: GMT-6
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Team building
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Tuesday & Thursday 5-9pm, out of town July 2-13

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
I wanna try the group sessions. I'm a complete newbie, I don't know anything except what I've read in tutorials. I've wanted to get into competitive battling since about 10 years ago but I never had access to opponents until generation 5 (just got a wireless capable modem). I didn't even know there were online battle simulators until I read this thread. I keep getting thrashed in battles on my White version and have an abysmal battle record of about 5 or 6 losses and 1 win (I think the win was luck).

I'm available (GMT time):

Monday: 7:30-9:30
Tuesday: 9:00-9:30
Wednesday: 6:00-9:30
Thursday: 9:00-9:30
Friday: 6:00-9:30
Saturday: Any Time
Sunday: Any Time

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
so you can't do this with WiFi?
Well thats leaving me out again, i can't download it...

What's the problem with the download? If you PM/VM me, Wolf, or Vrai, we could probably assist you with fixing any problems you have with your downloading. If you physically cannot get it because you're using a home computer/parent's computer that you're not aloud to download stuff on, then I understand.

But yeah, it's Pokemon Online specific because it allows optimal teaching tools. Teams can be made on the fly and you don't have to spend forever building a team in Wifi only to find out that the Gliscor you trained for the team isn't performing as well as you had though, and then having to replace it by training another pokemon (all this can be done in mere minutes in PO).

GingerTom

<--made in 5 minutes :/
Years
I don't really go on PO much, but have it on my computer and would like to learn :D
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: GingerTom (how imaginative...)

Timezone: GMT+1 (Daylight Savings Time)

What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Battle strategies, predicting the opponents next move, and team building

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?: River Fishing season opens this Friday, so will be away fishing most Saturdays. I will be partying on Friday nights (Rebecca Black reference not intentional) however I have left school and will be available most weekdays.

Is there anything you'd like to include about yourself?: I joined PC for the battle centre and quick battle and have found that I lost most battles, so here I am :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i'd like to sign-up for one-on-one tutoring and classes, please. I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks, though, so I can be put on the bottom of the list, I don't mind.

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Impo
Timezone: GMT+9.30
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Predicting, Synergy, Strategy. Mostly things for in-battle and team making.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Currently I go to school for eight hours a day, and I will be going on holiday until July 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back