• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cell phones and radios

Name

Moémon Master
Years
  • Jeez, I really miss these things. Then they were intoduced in G/S i thought they were awesome...but then they were gone.

I found the cell much more useful than the trainer tracker, or the poking radar...

perhaps, if nintendo is nice enough, they will give me back my cell and radio...maybe even put them together....

sorry to go on like that, i just wish they had come back in dp

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah the cell phone was pretty cool and could be used with wifi maybe, also the radio would be a good way to incorporate the other region music.

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • mmm, i hadn't even thought of the wifi repurcussions (sp?)
    and it would be mighty awesome to "pick up" the music from other regions....
    mmmm

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    How would the mobile phone be any more useful than Match Call? Both serve almost exactly the same purpose. And the Vs. Seeker makes it so much easier to get into battles, so I don't see any point in complaining there since you're almost able to battle anytime.

You're dreaming.

Lol, I know! But hey, it could be a cool addition.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yeah I do miss the poke'gear thing, because it had everything on it. lol Oh well, Pokemon does need to move on I guess on some things...

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • but it was good, just as you said.

it felt like leaving the pokedex behind almost....

*mucus starts crying*

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • oh right, i think i even own that game...

but maybe more of a 2-way cell, so you can call and request battles...in a very automated kind of way.

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • so?
    i don't really like the trainer tracker, it just doesn't do it for me...
    maybe if it made the trainers approach you again, like Trainers Eyes.

i really do like that part the most out of the whole battling thing

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • How would the mobile phone be any more useful than Match Call? Both serve almost exactly the same purpose.[S-HIGHLIGHT] And the Vs. Seeker makes it so much easier to get into battles[/S-HIGHLIGHT], so I don't see any point in complaining there since you're almost able to battle anytime.

You're dreaming.

True... But it's not that easy... You need to walk 100 steps for each use.
    It's very annoying.

kitaangel

Pokédork.
    Years
  • I really liked the PokeGear with it's nifty phone and radio. Okay sure, sometimes I had like, this one trainer call me every other second (omg stalker?! xD), but it was cool, and I miss that.

Years
  • True... But it's not that easy... You need to walk 100 steps for each use.
    It's very annoying.

Lol. That takes a few seconds. Even on FRLG with the slower bike.
    The VS Seeker gives you:
    ~ The choice to choose which trainers you want to rematch.
    ~ A good chance of a rematch
    ~ Multiple rematches in the same place.

It's quicker, more successful and gives you a choice. Seriously, how is it not better in any and all ways?

The radio was a gimmick. I only allowed you to get the lottery number's from anywhere and listen to how someone "almost caught a Ponyta the other day, see ya!".
    TVs have replaced the novelty function.

Pretty much everything from GSC has been inserted into DP, somehow...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Overall, I agree. GSC was just simply a better game. It had better little nothings in it that made it so awesome ^__^

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • but the radio allowed you to listen to different music, and catch different pokemon, making the game feel deeper.

devmonster

Kyogre
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    yeah i miss the radio.. i remember how eerie it was to hear music from the Ruins of Alph, and how you can hear the strange signals in the Lake of Rage, and how it gets involved in the story when the team rocket took over the radio tower..

GTAPlayer

Six Star Evasion
    Years
  • Yeah G/S/C was the *hit back in the day. I just hate the 4th gen so damn much. The pokemon are retarded and story is retarded, the graphics are to damn childish. G/S/C had a lot more features I personally liked. It made perfect use of the Realtime clock. Nighttime music, events exclusive to the day and the night. Bug catching contest. Every day you can battle someone in the Varidian house with the 3 starters. D/P never took the damn time based events further which really would of made the game much deeper. The pokegear was great.

Years
  • Oh, I prefered the storyline and the length of GSC. There's just something about it that hasn't been implemented in DP. Let's hope Platinum will be as epic.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • yeah im play ing over gold and it would be cool if they did that

like trainers add their trainer numbers to your phone after a battle and they'll call you when ther up for battle or if the see a rare poke around

just a hated when they called you in GS just to say " i battle a ratata today and i lost, oh well bye!"

Yeah G/S/C was the *hit back in the day. I just hate the 4th gen so damn much. The pokemon are retarded and story is retarded, the graphics are to damn childish. G/S/C had a lot more features I personally liked. It made perfect use of the Realtime clock. Nighttime music, events exclusive to the day and the night. Bug catching contest. Every day you can battle someone in the Varidian house with the 3 starters. D/P never took the damn time based events further which really would of made the game much deeper. The pokegear was great.

i totally agree

i thought P/D wolud be an even better G/S the only reason why i got Pearl was for the wifi im guessing that why you got it too. i don't like any of the new pokemon excpct for like 2 or 3 the first 250pokes where the best!

Last edited:

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
    Years
  • I kind of miss the phone, but the radio... Meh. I never have the sound on for any of my games, so I can't comment on the radio lol. But I agree that Vs. Seeker is better. And a lot of the time for Vs. Seeker, I ride my bike really fast in a square, and suddenly 100 steps go by, so its not that bad.

Back