• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge the Prism League!

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
  • You guys really need to up the level of gym leaders but anyway defeated cobra guy

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-102905
    Gg

There's deliberately a wide range of skill levels between different leaders and elites, so challengers of different varying skill levels can all play against the league, and have something to go for. More casual inexperienced players can improve themselves by facing the likewise less experienced gym leaders, and more veteranized players (like I'll assume you are) can aim for conquering the whole league. Which; I assure you - will -not- be as easy as just picking up your first few badges.

It was sloppily done, but we did hold matches before assigning positions to everyone to put the harder opponents at the top. Soooo if you get to the E4, then there's your higher skill level challenge :P

Also!

Substituted for Kitsuki's Fairy / Psychic gym leadership in a double battle for the Fairy / Psychic badge against challenger Krystia - Fairy / Psychic badge was not won, good match Krystia - and good luck on your next challenge for this one!

Battle Vid - PE5G WWWW WWW9 AEP8

srinator

There's deliberately a wide range of skill levels between different leaders and elites, so challengers of different varying skill levels can all play against the league, and have something to go for. More casual inexperienced players can improve themselves by facing the likewise less experienced gym leaders, and more veteranized players (like I'll assume you are) can aim for conquering the whole league. Which; I assure you - will -not- be as easy as just picking up your first few badges.

It was sloppily done, but we did hold matches before assigning positions to everyone to put the harder opponents at the top. Soooo if you get to the E4, then there's your higher skill level challenge :P

Also!

Substituted for Kitsuki's Fairy / Psychic gym leadership in a double battle for the Fairy / Psychic badge against challenger Krystia - Fairy / Psychic badge was not won, good match Krystia - and good luck on your next challenge for this one!

Battle Vid - PE5G WWWW WWW9 AEP8

O I am a beginner too lol but ok gotcha o/ also I noticed Karp is in the e4, woo this would be fun

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • >beginner

kek

anyway, i battled 2 leaders around the same time and won against one and lost against another(muh misplays >.<)

vs cobra commander
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-102908
    vs lucky13
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-smogondoubles-102909

Yeah - beginner - Idunno, I should watch one of Srinator's replays sometime
    Something tells meeee that issss nnnnnnot the caseeeeee anywho! OP's up to date with those battle's outcomes. Y'all got that 24 hour down period before any more challenge matches after the loss 'n whatnot. Nice going on your progress so far though :D

O I am a beginner too lol but ok gotcha o/ also I noticed Karp is in the e4, woo this would be fun

OP's got those badges for your progress now too,
    *previously aforementioned suspicions intensify*

also ay, who's Karp mate?

Edit: Oh yeah, and if I see one more showdown replay where someone uses Leech Seed or Spore on a grass type deliberately, not even on a switch in - I swear to god I'm gonna punch a rocky helmet ferrothorn

Last edited:

srinator

Yeah - beginner - Idunno, I should watch one of Srinator's replays sometime
    Something tells meeee that issss nnnnnnot the caseeeeee anywho! OP's up to date with those battle's outcomes. Y'all got that 24 hour down period before any more challenge matches after the loss 'n whatnot. Nice going on your progress so far though :D

OP's got those badges for your progress now too,
    *previously aforementioned suspicions intensify*

also ay, who's Karp mate?

Edit: Oh yeah, and if I see one more showdown replay where someone uses Leech Seed or Spore on a grass type deliberately, not even on a switch in - I swear to god I'm gonna punch a rocky helmet ferrothorn

I KNOW RIGHT! Even thunder wave on rotom wash >_>
    Karp is e x I l e lol

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I KNOW RIGHT! Even thunder wave on rotom wash >_>
    Karp is e x I l e lol
    Try using Outrage on a Fairy.

It would actually be funny if used against you, and you spit out a Fairy type, and whammo, a turn is wasted.

srinator

Actually you should let someone/weakest link die and then bring in a fairy, so it can set up the turn they have to use outrage lol atleast that's what I used to do, then people stopped using outrage cause dragon claw from char x is strong enough

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I told him to stop sporing grass types lol
    On grass types. Saw a very peculiar Serperior strategy using Leftovers and Leech Seed. It might be common, but goodness, the defenses of this thing were bulked up.

THE COBRA COMMANDER

Cobra Commando
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    Defeated Enigma/Halcyonian. Was a good match.

Also you guys are making me laugh. That first match I had was with a team made in two minutes and getting some major anime watching on. Though not really gym leader like mentality I apologize for that first battle lol. It made me laugh a lot actually but i'll easily cut that guys ego down next time i see him. (easily ;) ). Also karp man your wise words echo throughout eternity bro.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    lol it wasnt even a league match, but yea gg. outdated team + playing at 12 midnight sucks ;-;

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Hah oh I wasn't calling anyone out in particular with that - just bewildered that it's happened in 3 of the replays I've seen lol cobra just happened to be the last one before I mentioned it

And just being around for battles so challengers don't have to wait forever to have a chance at your badge is probably more important than winning battles and shutting down every challenger, at least early in the league anyways

OH speaking of, I think I have 6 in the 3DS division. So 3DS elites, imma comin' for ya

Edit:
    Wait no. I have 5. I should be playing Kitsuki's gym, with krystia or another sub today though.

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Hey guys,

Im Ingosmex, Leader of the showdown division for the Ice/Normal typing.

As of now, im free very often during days and evenings. However after September 20th I will be starting university again so my time schedule for battles will change. Im usually on PC main server under the name IngoFC or Ingosmex.

If you would like to battle for my badge pm me on the server or on the forums with your username and we can arrange to set up a battle.

Thanks and good luck!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I just won against Cyclone. Despite my Malamar setting up early he was able to push back and even things out, even with a burn M-Tyranitar hurts xO

E2WG-WWWW-WWW9-BWRK

Thank you for the game! :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I just won against Cyclone. Despite my Malamar setting up early he was able to push back and even things out, even with a burn M-Tyranitar hurts xO

E2WG-WWWW-WWW9-BWRK

Thank you for the game! :)
    Confirming the victory. Good setup and too much to break through. Mega Tyranitar did his job despite the burn but the RNG on the paralysis on Houndoom put things in the challenger's favour quickly. Well-played.

Back