• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge the Prism League!

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Oh holy cow, that's gotta be the quickest we've gotten someone battling a gym leader after joining haha. And hot damn was that a clutch by Scolipede. That Eelektross was bad news too :x

Interesting battle.

Archer you can still challenge other gyms immediately- but you do have to wait a day before challenging Ultraviolence again. Good match both you guys :p

Edit: Oh wow, Gym Leaders stepping up their games today - lots of badges being defended

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    Sorry for my absense the last two days, I had to work graveyard shifts friday and saturday. Im wide awake now. I responded to you TGM, lets do this!

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Update:

Archer99 challenged Ingo for the Permafrost badge

Result: Ingo wins the battle, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-103068

Not too sure what the re challenge period is, however good game Archer. Look forward to battling you again.

I was a bit confused about that too initially, apparently it's stated very clearly in the OP though, that upon losing to a gym leader - you have to wait 24 hours to challenge that gym again. Meaning you can continue to make challenges against *other* gyms, but you cannot apply for a rematch until the next day.

And woo - man every gym bein' stingy with handin' out badges tonight haha. Gym records are apparently a thing now.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Finally had a successful defense of my Gym against TGM. Looking forward to the rematch! :)

2XQW-WWWW-WWW9-BUNW

The Milotic worried me when it came out as I wasn't sure how to answer it yet. Finally ended up with Sylveon against it and, with Toxic draining its life force, it managed to take it down after a lot of kissing. I think that was the turning point for me in this battle.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
    TGM challenged leader Cyclone!

TGM was overwhelmed!

TGM has no poke'mon left to battle...

TGM gave $3,000 to the winner...

TGM whited out.

that battle. thaaaat battle. lol.

GW3G-WWWW-WWW9-BUMR

gg Cyclone.

Finally had a successful defense of my Gym against TGM. Looking forward to the rematch! :)

2XQW-WWWW-WWW9-BUNW

The Milotic worried me when it came out as I wasn't sure how to answer it yet. Finally ended up with Sylveon against it and, with Toxic draining its life force, it managed to take it down after a lot of kissing. I think that was the turning point for me in this battle.

Haha yeah there were a few miscalculations on my part as well, scalding when I should have been recovering and switching Milotic out in the first place was probably a bad idea, haha. gg!

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

Years
    It is just the night of the leaders up in here. Nobody's getting badges lol

Probably a bad time to retry for my last one then; but it's about to be the full clock cycle since I lost last night. Anyone free and able to sub for Psychic / Fairy in the 3DS Division?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    With that being my first successful defense, that makes my record 1-2.

Record-related question coming your way in a VM Polar.

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    I need to ask something, You can't change any of your pokemons??

As far as Im aware, everyone signs up with 6 pokemon. The six pokemon you choose to sign up with are the ones you use throughout the league. However confirm that with Polar spectrum just to make sure ;]

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I need to ask something, You can't change any of your pokemons??

This has come up with a few people I guess, so clarification on what we agreed on in the discussion thread -

Once you begin your challenge, you cannot change the 6 species of pokemon you selected to challenge the league with. BUT - if you want to restart, or have no badges, as you have no progress to lose anyways, you may change your team and start again, with 0 badges and a different team. While you may not change which 6 pokemon you use during a challenge, you may change the Moves, IV's, EV's, Held Items, Nature, Ability, and so on of a pokemon at any time during your challenge.

With that being my first successful defense, that makes my record 1-2.

Record-related question coming your way in a VM Polar.

Responded tooooo. The gym records thing was completely the idea of ... um, whoever it was above on this page that started it hahah. That's completely their thing and I have no say in it, do whatever mannn

As far as Im aware, everyone signs up with 6 pokemon. The six pokemon you choose to sign up with are the ones you use throughout the league. However confirm that with Polar spectrum just to make sure ;]

Yessir, answered above - you can change builds, but not pokemon. If you change pokemon, you have to start over.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    PokeCommunity username: Splash
    Division being challenged: Showdown
    Showdown Ign: Zyxan
    Team to be used (just the species is fine):
    Tyranitar, Azumarill, Scizor, Garchomp, Gardevoir and Ferrothorn

Years
    I won against Cyclone. It seems that my Sableye story have been spread :C. New record: Sableye dead in one turn sorry Polar. However, Gastrodoon and Manectric are the the nightmare for Polar and Cyclone :P

I am sorry Cyclone, but I can't let you win, my dream of becoming the Prism League champion is my priority C:.

B82G-WWWW-WWW9-BVU5

The rule for the six Pokemon are still really unstable and unfair ... We need to work on that rule. I believe putting 2 extra pokemon is still a good idea! :C I had battled Polar and double, this is not really working. The rule of "switching EV,blablabla", it's hard to apply for 3DS division, unless you meant you have multiple Tentacruel and you can use those Tentacruels, or hack. Another option is lock with 6 pokemon in Showdown and 7/8(but 8 sounds fair, since GYM leader can switch to any Pokemon) pokemons for 3DS division. The only reason for this is: You all know my Sableye by now, you all have a Pokemon against him. I am kind of lock here, also, for double its really really unstable. You make it all single or you make it all double. While GYM leader has more advantage like a +4 advantage its fairly hard to win :C

Polar Spectrum

Years
    PokeCommunity username: Splash
    Division being challenged: Showdown
    Showdown Ign: Zyxan
    Team to be used (just the species is fine):
    Tyranitar, Azumarill, Scizor, Garchomp, Gardevoir and Ferrothorn

Hey there ya go :D Congrats, you're officially signed up. Challenge and start earning badges with your team as soon as you'd like ^^

Also, TGM subbed for the Psychic / Fairy gym leader again after my loss last time,

Polar Spectrum challenged Leader TGM for the Psychic / Fairy badge!

Polar Spectrum earned the Psychic / Fairy badge!

Battle vid - EHCG WWWW WWW9 CW56

Having the right Mandibuzz made a huge difference. Even though once again; sleep powder missed 2 times in a row lol And that's my last badge; meaning I'm gonna start challenging elites with that team.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I won against Cyclone. It seems that my Sableye story have been spread :C. New record: Sableye dead in one turn sorry Polar. However, Gastrodoon and Manectric are the the nightmare for Polar and Cyclone :P

I am sorry Cyclone, but I can't let you win, my dream of becoming the Prism League champion is my priority C:.

B82G-WWWW-WWW9-BVU5
    Victory confirmed by Krystia over my Gym. Indeed, that Gastrodon WAS my nightmare. Mandibuzz was the best matchup, but it turned into a wall match. I thought we were going to run each other out of moves, then you swapped and I followed suit knowing it would be back.

You are also correct about Manectric in that I didn't have a move for it. I really need to put Earthquake on my team; if that had been there, Manectric would have been routinely dealt with in the same fashion that I took out Mega Banette in a single blow earlier this evening. Not having it made that a challenge that was too much.

Then came the epic rematch between the walls about six or eight Pokémon later, with you finally getting the burn on me with Scald. Blowing sand was still lingering about as well and made it hard just for it to stay in, and then of course you swapped in Manectric. I had nowhere to go and that was that. I never got a crit. on Brave Bird, which had that happened in the first meeting of the pair might have led to a different result.

Well played, and a very good match! ^^

The rule for the six Pokemon are still really unstable and unfair ... We need to work on that rule. I believe putting 2 extra pokemon is still a good idea! :C I had battled Polar and double, this is not really working. The rule of "switching EV,blablabla", it's hard to apply for 3DS division, unless you meant you have multiple Tentacruel and you can use those Tentacruels, or hack. Another option is lock with 6 pokemon in Showdown and 7/8(but 8 sounds fair, since GYM leader can switch to any Pokemon) pokemons for 3DS division. The only reason for this is: You all know my Sableye by now, you all have a Pokemon against him. I am kind of lock here, also, for double its really really unstable. You make it all single or you make it all double. While GYM leader has more advantage like a +4 advantage its fairly hard to win :C
    To be fair, most Gym Leaders will find a good team and stick with it. The only reason for changing the team is if something is not working against numerous challengers, not against just one. Also, Azumarill was already on my team (see past videos) and was the best choice to battle Sableye, which I noticed in a couple of your videos always led. That made it logical for me to lead with Azumarill. Had I won our match, there might have been a thought in changing the strategy to get rid of Azumarill and Sylveon before sending it out to harass the rest of the team (since Sableye IS weak to Fairy types). In that instance, it can harass literally at will.

The reason for Gym Leaders to be allowed to swap is indeed to allow some routine flexibility if something isn't working in numerous matches. It's not to counter a specific player or Pokémon; if it was, it would be a lot harder. We are under rules for how teams can be changed, and there was discussion about allowing a change every two weeks, but I think it's generally agreed we won't be swapping regularly. If I had not used Azumarill and continued to not use it after our match, then that would be a case for switching against you, and that is what is discouraged. I will still be using my Azumarill, so it is within what is allowed for me to plan to use it first knowing you would start with Sableye. :)

Last edited:
    Back