• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Challenges you want to try sometime?

Years
  • Way too many.

I always wanted to do a solo run of every Pokémon from one gen. I'm really close to doing that with Gen IV Pokémon and Platinum before the release of BDSP.

I also want to do more Monotypes. Dragon mono in each Gen took me about 2 years, but I would love to do more.

And I would love to return to Time Warp Challenge and try another epochs. I already did Egyptian and Industrial eras in the past, but there are so many interesting eras I want to try.

And I also plan on running through Fire Red and count the minimum number of trainers you have to battle with to beat the game.

Years
  • I always wanted to do a solo run of every Pokémon from one gen. I'm really close to doing that with Gen IV Pokémon and Platinum before the release of BDSP.

Oh nice, I'm doing something similar but only with fully evolved forms. What's your progress on it? I'd also like to do something like this in White 2 at some point but progress is going much slower there.

There are also some monotypes that I want to finish, especially Ultimate Bug and Grass types. I'm not missing much in each but I have yet to get around to it :P

Other than that it would be nice to finish all the other challenges that I signed up for but never finished. Like the two Random Pokemon challenges or various Ultimate solo runs (just missing gens 7+ in most of them)

Years
  • Oh nice, I'm doing something similar but only with fully evolved forms. What's your progress on it? I'd also like to do something like this in White 2 at some point but progress is going much slower there.
    I haven't started yet. But I also plan on doing it only with fully evolved Pokémon. I should start soon if I want to finish it before BDSP are released.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • tbh watching my friends do randomized nuclockes are kinda of making me interested, despite disliking nuzlockes aha. also i've really been wanting to do a monotype nfe challenge, ie. monotype but adding the rule that i can't evolve my pokemon, so if i was playing in crystal, i'd be using like totodile, wooper, chinchou, etc. been wanting to do something in swsh to since all i've done is my initial playthrough and i'd like to revisit and do more in galar. maybe a random or a monotype. there's so much variety in the game, it's a little overwhelming, but would make whatever i try end up interesting i'm sure.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I am thinking about doing solo runs, mainly cause I am kind of getting tired of the slow pace of pokemon games, and as a kid I would kind of do this as my default.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    For me I would possibly say solo challenges and random team challenges. Though really I want to try every challenge on every game if possible.

Back