• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changes to Pokémon's battle system?

synrec

Programmer
    Years
    If you could change something about Pokémon's battle system, what would it be?

More action based?
    More strategic?
    More involved? (Action Based)
    Perhaps implement a rhythm style battle?

Years
    I think if anything, for me, it would be removing some of the random-ness of it. Instead of moves just having a chance to miss, it has to do with certain input buttons (say pressing A at the right moment). Could be really interesting, but does also take away the randomness of it. Most of the random chances to miss are given to moves to nerf them. Most high power moves also have a high chance to miss Removing that chance, and making it something that can always hit (with the right player input) is game changing in Pokemon's battle system. So, could be interesting. Could also be changing it in a way that's not fitting.

synrec

Programmer
    Years
    I think if anything, for me, it would be removing some of the random-ness of it. Instead of moves just having a chance to miss, it has to do with certain input buttons (say pressing A at the right moment). Could be really interesting, but does also take away the randomness of it. Most of the random chances to miss are given to moves to nerf them. Most high power moves also have a high chance to miss Removing that chance, and making it something that can always hit (with the right player input) is game changing in Pokemon's battle system. So, could be interesting. Could also be changing it in a way that's not fitting.

Basically the death of all RNG elements. I can relate to that.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years

Adding to this, and the "rhythm style battle".
    Perhaps intergrating something like Mother 3's attack system.
    Where moves will hit, bit tapping A to the beat of the music gives extra damage, or critical hits too.

Years
    Adding to this, and the "rhythm style battle".
    Perhaps intergrating something like Mother 3's attack system.
    Where moves will hit, bit tapping A to the beat of the music gives extra damage, or critical hits too.

Oh that'd be interesting - so it wouldn't be a full on "hit or miss" but it acts more as "a little extra damage"

Back