• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changes to the ROM Hacks Studio requirements

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hello, all! I wanted to bring up a discussion to see how people would feel if the ROM Hacks Studio requirements were changed. Several years ago they were made with solely gen 3 standard 8-gym hacks in mind, and we are in a much different place in 2020.

Some changes are already underway, but the one rule I want to discuss that currently exists is the 7-badge requirement. The rule itself is very archaic/vague and doesn't apply to several hacks on the forum, such as my own (which only has 4 badges entirely).
The guideline is progress equivalent to what roughly seven Gyms of content would entail in a standard Pokémon game.

One change I've suggested is a playtime requirement depending on how long the game is intended to be, but I would like to know others' thoughts on the matter.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Maybe have the rule being something along the lines of:

"Must contain 50% of what the hack creator would consider the main story line"

So, when the story is reaching its climax, or middle point. Perhaps?
That's if there is a story, that is.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
To generalize the original rule for more gametypes, it can be rewritten to mean 75% of the game's primary content and planned features. Whatever the feature list and advertised content of the game in the initial posting, then at least 3/4 of that must be implemented and playable.

Back