• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Changes won't appear in my game

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Hi.
    I got into Romhacking a short time ago so I'm a bloody beginner but I don't seem to find a answer to the question what to do when your scripts don't work.
    In Firered, I tried to make an NPC appear in Pallet Town (the first and easiest task in every video and tutorial) but even though I followed the tutorials step by step, my new encounter didn't happen.
    Spoiler:

I also followed the steps on Advanced Map.
    Changes won't appear in my game

When I open my copy of Firered, nothing looks different from the base game. I tried downloading and romhacking a new clean copy of firered but it didn't work.

Any ideas? I'm sure that there's a easy solution.

Last edited:
    Years
    Are you saving? This is a strange error, and I'm not too familiar with xse and advanced map, but when I used it, sometimes I would forget to save.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Hi.
    I got into Romhacking a short time ago so I'm a bloody beginner but I don't seem to find a answer to the question what to do when your scripts don't work.
    In Firered, I tried to make an NPC appear in Pallet Town (the first and easiest task in every video and tutorial) but even though I followed the tutorials step by step, my new encounter didn't happen.
    Spoiler:

I also followed the steps on Advanced Map.
    Changes won't appear in my game

When I open my copy of Firered, nothing looks different from the base game. I tried downloading and romhacking a new clean copy of firered but it didn't work.

Any ideas? I'm sure that there's a easy solution.

Check if you actually chose a rom in XSE, and that you are compiling to it. Also, upon conpiling, note down the offset that you get and paste it to the npc in Pallet Town.

Also, try changing the "person event number" if you added a new npc.

You should also set XSE as a default script editor in Advance Map, and there is also a promt where it asks you if the offets are divided by ":' or by ";" I think, if all else fails you can try changing that too.

Edit: It seems like you're using Advance Map 1.95, try switching over to AM 1.92 version, that may also help.

Last edited:
    Back