• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Changing the size of a font

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2020
    Hi everyone,

I added a new font to my game but its size is too big ( I'm using it for everything). I looked into the SpriteWindow script but I can't find where I can adjust the size of the font.

If someone would be willing to help me,

Thanks!

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • T hiazzy said:
    Hi everyone,

I added a new font to my game but its size is too big ( I'm using it for everything). I looked into the SpriteWindow script but I can't find where I can adjust the size of the font.

If someone would be willing to help me,

Thanks!
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    ? Alas, I know that feel bretheren...
    ? I was trying to deal with the fonts myself because I wish to have new fonts added,
    ? but they lack gender symbols and they have the regular dollar symbol instead of
    ? the Pok?dollar, and thus I was hoping to edit them but kinda gave up for now,
    ? for I couldn't find many font editors : this one is very poor, that one is pretty much
    ? unusable, the other one won't start up...
    ? Still, if it's just the size thy concern, maybe one of the NPCs has something useful in regard,
    ? allow me to check . . .
    ? * miniremo noises * ????
    ? Ah-ha, tombo-er, I mean, Bingo!
    ?
    ? Text formatting guy from \PN's house may have the solution!
    ? If only the size concerns you, that is. Part of the dialogue reads as follows:
    <fn=Arial>Arial text,</fn> <fs=25>size 25 text,</fs>
    <fs=40>size 40 text,</fs> <o=128>half-transparent
    text.</o>
    ? I truly do, hope this helped... somewhat... somehow...
    ? We do, hope to see content from you soon!
    ? By the way, consider the Humanist 521 BT and Humanist 521 BT Condensed fonts, they're used in the TCG and are quite worthy, albeit missing XX, XY and Pok?dollar symbols!
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2020
    Thanks for the quick answer,

I want to change all the font in the game, isn't there is a way of just setting a var such as the font name (FontName = "blabla")?
    Because putting tags between every dialogue of my game feel pretty tiring and boring (if I do understand how it works).

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • Thanks for the quick answer,

I want to change all the font in the game, isn't there is a way of just setting a var such as the font name (FontName = "blabla")?
    Because putting tags between every dialogue of my game feel pretty tiring and boring (if I do understand how it works).
    ? As far as I'm aware, the only other way to deal with such issue would be editing the font itself,
    ? but again, I'm stuck with the same problem, and I do, hope I'm totally wrong about it...
    ? A couple font editors I found would be Fontforge and Birdfont, both free to use, but the
    ? first one is pretty much unusable due to its counterintuitive interface, whereas the second just...
    ? won't even start (well, on my computer anyway).
    ? I'm putting the links to the editors' downloads upstairs,
    ? but I don't recommend them really...
    ? turns out there are a few other free font editors...
    ? what was wrong with me when I was researching?
    ? ...
    ? Uh, look, I'm truly sorry, it's getting late here and I ought be under the blankets...
    ? If you seek to edit fonts (or decide to have a try at making your very own),
    ? aside Fontforge and Birdfont, you might be interested in Glyphr Studio, BitfontMaker2,
    ? gdbfed(who the heck came up with this name? xD), Raster font editor and Type light.
    ? Will check tomorrow what those editors are like.
    ? There's also an online tool, MyScriptFont, meant for turning handwriting into fonts apparently(just sharing this ;) ).
    ? Okay, gotta save that MIDI and go to bed before tomorrow...
    ? *yawn*... 'notte! ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2020
    Thanks you for the advices,

I'm gonna try to find a way to do it by myself.

If someone has a solution, feel free to post it here!

edit: Problem Resolved! I found it under the [S-HIGHLIGHT]SpriteWindow script at the method "def pbSetSystemFont(bitmap)"[/S-HIGHLIGHT].
    Spoiler:

If your using a custom font, just change its size in the last bitmap.font.size!

Last edited:
    Back