• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character voices you hate!

Years
  • I haven't heard enough of the newer voices, so I won't say anything about those.
    I outright hated only one voice.

Gary.

Guess who keeps his old voice in the new dub?
    I guess I'm weird, I love Meowth's Japanese voice...

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    ash ketchum

the voice of a middle-aged woman with a heavy smoking habit does not suit a ten year old boy maybe its just me but it's far from cute

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Mine would have to always be Dawn, her voice just irritates me a lot.
    I've disliked her from the start

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
  • Eep, a lot of the dub voices annoy me :/
    Dawn's really bugs me!

And... Gary's... omg...

But the majority of them are very mediocre :v

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    You posting this here because if you did so in Bulba you'd be banned? >__>

Initially, I hated Ash's voice, but I grew to like it with time. And it improved notably. I also didn't have a good side for Brock's first voice, and I actually like his second voice actor. Just a personal preference situation complex. That's about it. I'm neutral with anything else.

Years
  • Ash's new voice :X may & max as well. Oh I almost forgot about meowth. Hasn't he had like 8 actors since the show started?

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I haven't heard enough of the newer voices, so I won't say anything about those.
    I outright hated only one voice.

Gary.

Guess who keeps his old voice in the new dub?
    I guess I'm weird, I love Meowth's Japanese voice...
    Yea, and now his voice actor voices James and Meowth and Prof. Oak too, which makes four characters with his awful voice. Gary was bad enough.

Last edited:

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • ash ketchum

the voice of a middle-aged woman with a heavy smoking habit does not suit a ten year old boy maybe its just me but it's far from cute

Are we talking current Ash or the original? Because I'm not certain about Taylor's status as a smoker, and Natochenny is far from middle-aged... she's younger than I am.

---
    I'm actually surprised to see so much hate for Piplup. I love Piplup's voice :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I've always seemed to hate Ash's voice, no matter who did it and in what season. In the rare event that I actually watch the anime, I always have to watch with the sound muted.

Pikachu and Piplup annoy me as well, and sadly neither one is probably gonna evolve :/

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 21, 2014
    I don't like any of the new voices that much really.

the voices for Ash, Brock, James and Mewoth in particular are very annoying.

The old ones were much better, probably because those are the voices i grew up with, i did start watching the show right back when it all started at back in 99 afterall.

P_S_B

Frontier Brain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Zoppi's James gets a bit irritating in long bursts, but it's close to my father's impression of Stuart's James, so it's not too bad.

Rachael Lillis' Pikachu sounds nothing like Ikue, but it's not heard often, so I'll let her off. (After-all she did do an excellent job of making Misty sound nothing like Jessie)

I recall disliking Giovanni's PUSA voice in that the 1 episode it was in. - heard him again, and he's actually pretty good.

I think most people dislike Zoppi's Prof. Oak, and I can say I am included in that group.

Morrison was intensely irritating, and that's coming from someone who is well familiar with King Kai.

But I think we can all agree that the worst voice in the history of either dub was the guy with the Electabuzz who fought Morrison in the Hoenn League. That was a hard match to watch given that both trainers had grating voices.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I hate May's voice. That's one of the main reasons I find her annoying.

I also hate Casey's voice, I'm glad she doesn't appear in the anime anymore.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • But I think we can all agree that the worst voice in the history of either dub was the guy with the Electabuzz who fought Morrison in the Hoenn League. That was a hard match to watch given that both trainers had grating voices.

Definitely.

That was a horrible horrible match to have to listen to...
    At least I sorta liked Morrison. The other guy had an extremely irritating personality as well as a horrible voice.

Back