• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charizard and Greninja confirmed to be in the next SSB!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
  • During the Nintendo Direct, it was announced that both Greninja and Charizard will be playable characters.
    Charizard was playable thanks to the Pkmn Trainer in Brawl, while Greninja is a complete new addition.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you happy about the News?
    Would you prefer for another Kalos Starter to be picked?

Share ideas and discuss away *

Short article for reference: Link

tobyjoey

place text here
    Years
  • I was hoping them PKMN Trainer from Brawl would have come back, but I think at some point someone at Nintendo said they were having a hard time programming switchable characters, hence why ZSS and Sheik are now separate characters. Out of the three that came back, I would have preferred Ivysaur, but I know Charizard is basically as marketable as Mario or Link. As for Grenninja, I was really surprised but happy (I would have prefered Chesnaught or a Kalos PKMN Trainer, but whatever). Honestly, even more than the Pokemon, I am hyped for that online mode! Anything is better than Brawl's!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to Charizard and Greninja being picked for the next Super Smash Bros, here are my thoughts. I figured Charizard would be in it considering it has a history of being in the Smash Bros series. As for Greninja, that was quite unexpected. Course it is the only Kalos starter I would have prefered being in anyway.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Considering that I changed my avatar/signature for the occasion, I'm quite jubilant. It does seem a bit asymmetrical that Chesnaught and Delphox get snubbed, but you've gotta admit, Sakurai has always represented the Pokémon series somewhat awkwardly.

Years
  • Greninja is my fave of the Kalos starters so having it appear is definitely awesome, especially given how it utilizes its speed and the use of Substitute. I wonder if Naruto had anything to do with how they designed its attacks there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Glad to hear the news about Greninja. It's my favorite of all Kalos starters, and being able to play as it would be something I'd really, really love. :] I'm expecting its moveset to be sort of like Lucario's, as they're similar in size and shape. Pretty excited about Charizard, too!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Apparently several Pokemon Trainers will be in the next SSB, but I may have heard wrong.

highly doubt that, since in the Direct, Sakurai-san stated that characters that transformed in the middle of battle were no more. While he specifically mentioned Samus and Zelda at this point, it's assumed the pokémon trainer concept has been scrapped as well.

Charizard and Greninja are fighting solo, it appears. :D

Back